Drop Down Menus #4

how can i create a drop down menu in the cell without using a Form box
???

--
cassy01
cassy01's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=780

You can use Data>Validation. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and
here:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Mailbox Moves #4
Has anyone come across this problem before where you move a mailbox to a designated Exchange database say for instance DB4 then you check the account and it shows it as being on DB1. Does anyone have any ideas about what might be causing this? -- Thanks! Crisoft Two suggestions come to mind: 1. Check event logs for 1007 to confirm the mailbox sucessfully moved. 2. Refresh your ESM or ADUC mmc after the move to be sure you aren't looking at cached data. Other than that it all sounds very strange... -Seth "Crisoft" <ccisat1crc@hotmail.com> wrote in message new...

Conversion #4
How do I convert a worksheet from Word Perfect to Excel? Word Perfect is not a spreadsheet program. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Bobby.Montague@fresno.gov" <Bobby.Montague@fresno.gov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E414CB87-6C5F-4B81-844E-1736F5899C64@microsoft.com... > How do I convert a worksheet from Word Perfect to Excel? ...

drag and drop
Using office XP I cannot drag and drop items from one folder to another in outlook 2002. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Drop Down List #9
I am trying to create a drop down list using two worksheets. How would I create this. One sheet would where the final product is and the other would be where the data is being kept. Watch this 5 min video: How to setup a data validation drop down list: http://youtube.com/watch?v=t2OsWJijrOM -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Vincent Kerzman" <Vincent Kerzman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2DAA48B-0BD2-4932-AE91-B86D55B8D8A6@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a drop down list using two worksheets. How would I > create this. > > One s...

Drag and drop of eMail to own application
Hi everybody, i like to drag and drop an eMail of Outlook ( Express & Xp ) and Thunderbird into my own application ( MFC ). There'in the dropped eMail should be readed and the subject, body text, Recepiant, ... should be displayed into textboxes. I can check the different formats of the Drag-Event or Clipboard data. An Outlook Express mail is stored in plaintext into the clipboard, so it's seriously possible to extract it. But with Outlook XP Mails i see only the name of a .eml file ( the of file which would be saved on the Destop for example ) But how to extract the data? Do...

drop down calendar #4
In a cell I want to have a drop down calendar of the current month. I downloaded a template of a calendar and tried data valadation but it only displayed the source range. Any ideas? TIA http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/windows/2004/04/27/excelhacks.html "Ray A" wrote: > In a cell I want to have a drop down calendar of the current month. I > downloaded a template of a calendar and tried data valadation but it only > displayed the source range. Any ideas? > TIA > Ray See Ron de Bruin's site for this. http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Gord D...

drop down data want to choose more than one item for cell
I have a drop down box that i want folks to be able to choose more than one item from the box to go into the cell. Multiselect from a DV dropdown is possible using VBA. See Debra Dalgleish's site for a downloadable sample workbook with event code. http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DV0017 Note that you can have the selections in an adjacent cell or in the same cell. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:40:08 -0800, FranW <FranW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a drop down box that i want folks to be able to choose more than...

Sum formula #4
Hi Kids of Excel, just a little help please, what formula should i use to add a range o cells up. i have hidden a number of cells and want to add up the range which i shown how do i do this (it can be alot of data sometimes)? Thanks in advanc -- paulu http://www.frontlineuk.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pauluk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=520 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27360 Hi if hidden by a filter try =SUBTOTAL(9,A1:A100) "pauluk" wrote: &...

Drop Down List #2
Hi All Can this be done, as I am struggling. I have data in sheet B and want to create a drop down list in sheet A from this data, and I can't make it happen, I can create a drop down list in sheet A from data in sheet A but not from sheet B Could anyone help please Cheers Steve Name the range on the other sheet, and you can refer to it in the data validation dialog box. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Steve wrote: > I have data in sheet B and want to create a drop down list in sheet A from > this data, and I can't make it h...

Question of drop-down listbox
Hello, Is it possible to have listbox or combobox with Auto HScroll (ES_AUTOHSCROLL) capabilities. Thank You! I don't get it. ES_AUTOHSCROLL is an Edit control style, how would it apply to a listbox or combobox? What are you trying to do? AliR. "Ririko Horvath" <horvathr@securemethods.com> wrote in message news:uHUo%23OyLFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is it possible to have listbox or combobox with Auto HScroll > (ES_AUTOHSCROLL) capabilities. > > Thank You! > > I'm soory for not expressing my question properly...

reporting on drop-down values
We created drop-downs and wish to add the values to a report, but of course the extentionbase tables only show the numbers. Is there a specific table where all the actual text values are stored? Hi use the stringmaps table to get the description of picklist values. I hope it helps. -- Singh http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com MSCRM Consultant Orion Enterprise Sydney "TheWkndr" wrote: > We created drop-downs and wish to add the values to a report, but of course > the extentionbase tables only show the numbers. Is there a specific table > where all the actual text values a...

Drop user or alias before dropping login
I am trying to delete a user, and I get this error: Login is aliased or mapped to a user in one or more databases. Drop the user or alias before dropping the login. Any advice? Hi Caroline, GO to SQL server --> logins and select the user and open check the properties of the login and see what database access the users has. If any uncheck all the database access and drop the user. Also make sure from the GP front end you have unchecked the company access too. If still you get errors go to each database on the server and make sure they are not in the users list in the databases. ...

Unable to customize Outlook Today #4
I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm trying to customize the Outlook Today page in Outlook 2000 and I am unable to do it. I click on the "Customize Outlook Today..." at the top right hand corner but it won't bring up a screen to make the adjustments. I've just re-installed everything and I mean everything, I had a system crash :( I hope someone out there can give me a hand. Thanks. Frank This must be about the 80 thousandish request - do some research!!! OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Exp...

Drop down list 04-23-10
How do you display drop down list button even if the cell is not selected? You can't. Perhaps you've seen the button created from a AutoFilter ot PivotTable? -- Best Regards, Luke M "DLB" <DLB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F248BA68-6874-4712-876D-CF2890DD0BF1@microsoft.com... > How do you display drop down list button even if the cell is not selected? Use a combo box from the Forms toolbar. The drop down arrow is always visible. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "DLB" <DLB@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Outlook 2003 Drap and Drop Issue
Hi If you take an email from Outlook and perform a drag and drop to the tasks, the task is created but the message body text is empty. Any reason why this should happen. Cheers ...

Odd Drop Down Box Behavior
I have a drop down box on a spreadsheet in a workbook with several spreadsheets. For some reason the contents of the drop down box is beeing bled through to other spreadsheets in the exact same cell reference that the drop down box is linked to, replacing what may be in that cell. It happens randomly yet often, and I have not been able to discern any patterrn or catalyst. The contents and cell formatting are being transfered. It also happens on other spreadsheets using the drop down box. This is an Active-X box, not a forms box, using Excel 2007. Anybody seen this? Squeaky...

Drop-Down list in a cell #2
Hi, I have cells in an Excel form which are used to enter data. But it' always same list of choices. I wonder if there is a way to create drop-down list of choice in a cell, so that the user can choose betwee the available choices. Is it possible? Thx! Werne -- Werne ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Werner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2430 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39053 Try Debra Dalgleish's page at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal13.html -- Rg...

NDR 4.4.6?
I get the following error when attempting to send to a particular DL. A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients. Contact your administrator. <SERVER #4.4.6> How do I check the possibility of looping? Do the users in the DL have forwarding turned on within their mail properties in AD? "pscottlee" <pscottlee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:196F18E2-895E-4AB9-A40E-8D2A6F2E0378@microsoft.com... >I get the following error when attempting to send to a particu...

Drop Down Menu #2
In Word I'm able to attach a calendar as a drop down menu...then a person who clicks on that drop down menu will see the calendar and then can click a date which will be seen in the cell. Would you like to something similar in Excel? See Ron de Bruin's site for instructions on using a Calendar Control on a worksheet. http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Also note the section for calling the calendar from a Toolbar button. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 5 May 2009 14:24:15 -0700, Marlas <Marlas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Word I'm able to attach a c...

Drag Drop problem inCListCtrl
Hello , I have a owner drawn list view which displays the thumbnail images of image files along with other related information like destination of file and file properties. I am trying to drop drop the images in the list view but the following takes place : CreateDragImage returns me a CImageList pointer which is not null , when i do a GetImageInfo using the CImageList pointer the IMAGEINFO structure contains NULL values.Also BeginDrag returns FALSE. What am i doing wrong, please do help me. Thanks in Advance example: www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/ listview/dragdrop/article.php/c941/ &quo...

ComboBox drop up instead drop down
Hello Clicking on the Combobox right box it show by default an SelectionWnd BELOW the combobox, but I want it show ABOVE the Combobox. How can I achieve this? Thanks. Tom AFAIK, you cant do this. It does it by itself whenever it finds that the listbox will go offscreen. --- Ajay "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1147880303.638355.7200@j73g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > AFAIK, you cant do this. It does it by itself whenever it finds that > the listbox will go offscreen. > Couldn't you subclass the listbox and somehow reposition it w...

CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0
I would like to upgrade my CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0, could any one give me advantages and new features in CRM 4.0 in order to convence my company to upgrade my CRM3.0 to CRM4.0. Currently we are using CRM 3.0 for Service Module only. Regards, SAB The workflow capabilities in itself are enough reason. All workflow is now managed from the CRM UI which includes triggering actions via update object "field change". In 3.0 you could only fire a workflow based upon an "On Create" event in the system i.e. New Contact, Invoice etc... In additiion, the 4.0 platform has given end ...

Drop down calendar menus disappear
This is a bizarre problem which I thought must be due to some sort of corruption on my hard drive. However, using Google to check back on this group and the other outlook group I've seen the same problem noted six times over the past couple of years, from users of both Outlook 2002 and 2003. I use 2003 and I don't recall that I had the problem with 2002. I run Win XP Pro. The problem: This occurs when I try to enter dates in the calendar, task list or birthdays section (contacts). You try to select a date to enter a task, or enter a date for someone's birthday - you click on the ...

Drop Down box #10
I have a drop down box with the first cell in the list I left blank. I woulod like to set up a button that would reset the drop down button to a blank. What would the code be. Thank You -- Gary Baker It would depend on what you used to create that dropdown--and where you'd place that code would depend on the type of button you used. If you used Data|validation, then... worksheets("sheet1").range("a1").clearcontents or worksheets("sheet1").range("a1").value = "" If you used a dropdown from the Forms toolbar, then... Worksheets("sh...

Nesting drop down lists? (Excel 2007)
Can you make a drop down list appear within your original drop down list? I have a list of items: box, ball, aplle, scissors, stalper. (for example) and I want to be able to select from different lists depending on which number I am choosing. For Example, if I selected stapler I would have a choice of 1, 2 or 3 staplers. However if I chose apple I would be chosing between red, yellow, or green. And so, on. I would need to link and nest the lists somehow. Is this possible? How do I go about doing this? See this: http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html -- Biff Microsof...