Drop Down Menu Help #2

Leave a blank row?  How would I do that? For the drop down, I use th
validation function, and it lets you list what you put in to the dro
down and you have to separate it by commas. a,b,c,d, ect.  How would
do what you are suggesting

--
mcr
mcr1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1549

Then you follow Debra's suggestion.
I took for granted that you were using a list contained in a named range,
where the named range is one row larger then the data list.
Sorry!
--

Regards,

RD

"mcr1" <mcr1.1f4i7c@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

Leave a blank row?  How would I do that? For the drop down, I use the
validation function, and it lets you list what you put in to the drop
down and you have to separate it by commas. a,b,c,d, ect.  How would I
do what you are suggesting?

--
mcr1
mcr1's Profile:

0
ragdyer1 (4059)

drag and drop
Using office XP I cannot drag and drop items from one folder to another in outlook 2002. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Hacked Mail Account...please help!
My partner set his account up years ago when he was with his ex, he used her email address as his alternative e-mail address and was unable to change it, due to it being so long ago when the account was set up he cannot remember his secret word. Yesterday completely out of the blue, he was no longer able to get onto his account using his password and he hasnt changed it,. we are now under the impression his ex has hacked his account. He isnt able to get onto his hotmail at all and doesnt remember his secret word. Can somebody help, is there any way to contact support team to try ...

Cant send email #2
I Can receive, but can’t send. The logs on the receiving server show a connection, but only EHLO and Quit. No data, no RCPT, just EHLO and the next line is QUIT. I can connect via cmd telnet and it doesn’t seem to knock me off, so I think it is a setting in the exchange server. I have access to many receiving servers all logs are the same EHLO and the QUIT. Rebooted router and server. No help, created a 2nd SMTP server, no help. Connects than QUITS. HELP!!!! Mathew 951 905 2160 westcoastpc@gmail.com 2006-10-23 03:41:37 64.172.233.254 office.J-MARKMFG.COM SMTPSVC1 FUZZYBEAR 192...

Enabling menu items
I want to ensure that I enable everything back to normal when I leave a program. The problem is that I think in the Edit menu, depending on what is selected, either the "Delete" or "Delete..." menu item is listed under the Edit menu, resulting in an "Invalid procedure call or argument" for this: Application.CommandBars ("Worksheet Menu Bar").Controls("Edit").Controls ("Delete").Enabled = True if Delete is not currently shown on the menu. Any ideas how I could ensure that "Delete" and "Delete..." are en...

Publisher won't insert a page! HELP
I was working on a new document, clicked on add a page and had no problems. After about an hour, I clicked on add a page then the previous page dissappeared!! This has never happened before. I immediately did a virus scan, nothing. Re-booted and I started a new document and now it won't let me add a page anymore! Any reasons why - please help. Thanks, B. TBV3618@aol.com Is it a trial version of Publisher? What version Publisher are you using? Is Publisher activated? Have you done a detect and repair? Or an Office diagnostic if you are using 2007? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://offic...

help on vbProper case Curtis's idea
Hi Curtis, recently I was looking for a way to change the text in a textbox to proper case. I finally decided to use your idea, because I think it is a very clever way to approach this question. But I would like to ask you one more question: Is it possible to enhance this code so that the user can even chose between upper and lower case? I mean, if you press tab the text change to proper, as it do now, but if you press "shift + tab" it becomes upper case, for example! using another key combination, alt + tab, it change again in lower case... I am not good with VBA code and I don...

help should show how to refer to other workbooks
In the help file, in the article "about cell and range references" the first part (=The A1 reference style) should include a how-to on referring to other workbooks, that is, how to make links. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsof...

Drop Down List #9
I am trying to create a drop down list using two worksheets. How would I create this. One sheet would where the final product is and the other would be where the data is being kept. Watch this 5 min video: How to setup a data validation drop down list: http://youtube.com/watch?v=t2OsWJijrOM -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Vincent Kerzman" <Vincent Kerzman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2DAA48B-0BD2-4932-AE91-B86D55B8D8A6@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a drop down list using two worksheets. How would I > create this. > > One s...

After migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 I get a connect problem -- Please Help!!
Sometimes a user tries to connect to the Exchange Server from Outlook a window pops up stating that exchange is in recovery mode and gives you a choice to to connect, wait, exit (something close to that). I would have thought that the recovery part by now would be complete but 2 months later still doing the same thing Thank You Will There is a name resolution problem on your network. Make sure that DNS suffix on server and clients do match, and DNS server can be contacted by user's machines. MS Newbie wrote: > Sometimes a user tries to connect to the Exchange Server from Outloo...

Chart
Is it possible to put two seperate (EXCEL) charts onto one page for printing? If so... how? Gromit, I suspect Lori has two chart sheets she wants to combine onto a single printed page. Lori, right click on each chart in turn, select Location from the pop up menu, click As Object In, and select a sheet where you want the charts. Repeat for the other chart(s). To align charts, you can select them both, and use the Alignment commands on the Draw menu (on the Drawing toolbar). Alternatively you can hold down the Alt key while moving and resizing charts (or other objects), and they wil...

Change Date #2
I have a rather large list of dates that are in a column and are written first as year then month then day Ex: 20051116. I want to change all of them in a date format like this 11/16/2005 with out retyping each one. I have tried to change the format but excel will not read it. I have tried to make a macro but excel only changed that one cell not the entire column. Please help. It's relatively easy, *IF* all your dates are entered the same. That means 4 digits for the year and 2 each for the month an day. You can understand the ambiguity of something like this: 2005121 Which could...

Drag and drop of eMail to own application
Hi everybody, i like to drag and drop an eMail of Outlook ( Express & Xp ) and Thunderbird into my own application ( MFC ). There'in the dropped eMail should be readed and the subject, body text, Recepiant, ... should be displayed into textboxes. I can check the different formats of the Drag-Event or Clipboard data. An Outlook Express mail is stored in plaintext into the clipboard, so it's seriously possible to extract it. But with Outlook XP Mails i see only the name of a .eml file ( the of file which would be saved on the Destop for example ) But how to extract the data? Do...

IMF #2
Is there a way to "tell" IMF notr to block our local emails? I mean not to block for example @microsoft.com Thanks On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 09:35:49 +0200, Ilia wrote: > Is there a way to "tell" IMF notr to block our local emails? I mean not to > block for example @microsoft.com Local mail will not be filtered, it will instead be assigned a SCL rating of "-1". -- Regards Henrik Walther Exchange MVP Exchange-faq.dk So how I have emails from inside the company in Junk folder? "Henrik Walther [MVP]" <spam@exchange-faq.dk> wrote in message...

Help me!!! #3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_006B_01C5C748.B9FFA9C0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_006C_01C5C748.B9FFA9C0" ------=_NextPart_001_006C_01C5C748.B9FFA9C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ------=_NextPart_001_006C_01C5C748.B9FFA9C0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META ...

help with multipl docs
hi, I need some help regardin multiple documents in VC.NET. I have an application which uses 2 Imaging source cameras to capture images and save them whenever a trigger occurs to the input of these cameras. My application is a MDI app and uses one childframe for each camera. Hence my problem is that there are 2 instances of the ChildFrm class and each instance saves the images when the trigger comes in but only for the active CHildFrm class. I want to know how it is possible to activate the save funciton in both ChildFrame classes simultaneously when the trigger comes to the camera. I hope the...

Help #8
I upgraded windows and when i re-installed outlook, i lost all my messages and my address book. I really want to get these back. Is there any way to get them? Please help me if you can. Thank you ...

Need help getting data from a serial port.
My program talks with a device using a serial port. In the past I always did my serial port work using the same functions like a file. I open the port using "CreateFile". I read the next character using "ReadFile". So I would poll to get data. Now I want to use an event driven method. How do I do this? I'm using Visual C++ version 6. Hi, First I thought you meant to do asynchronous communication, so I typed a bit about that (included it below my sig). But perhaps you really just want to use event triggering. So that's this story. You just open the serial...

multiple sheets, need help please #2
I am not sure how to communicate what I am trying to ask, so please bear with me. I have two sheets in a estimating workbook. Sheet one is the worksheet, sheet two is the print out sheet for customers. In one cell on the print out sheet I want one of two things to show up. In the worksheet, the two things are in two seperate cells, and to select them you would have to input how many of each in a seperate cell next to them. A simple IF function won't work for what I need. Please let me know if you can help. Thank you very much. Hi Kile You'll have to be a lot more specific! -- ...

Bank #2
Could someone explain to me why anyone would want to download activity from the bank rather than entering it yourself when the transaction occurrs? Personally I use Fleet bank (or as I call them Fleece bank) and woudln't trust the downloaded information. They make too many mistakes, are very sloppy in their transactions. So why would anyone trust their downloads? -------------------------------------------------- 11 days until John Kerry is elected our next president. 11 days until George W. Bush is sent packing back to Crawford Texas. ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimite...

drop down calendar #4
In a cell I want to have a drop down calendar of the current month. I downloaded a template of a calendar and tried data valadation but it only displayed the source range. Any ideas? TIA http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/windows/2004/04/27/excelhacks.html "Ray A" wrote: > In a cell I want to have a drop down calendar of the current month. I > downloaded a template of a calendar and tried data valadation but it only > displayed the source range. Any ideas? > TIA > Ray See Ron de Bruin's site for this. http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Gord D...

Unable to view delivery restrictions in Exchange 2003 (help!) :(
Well, we've struggled through the process and have settled on using exmerge to migrate the data from 5.5 to 2003. Everything seems to be in place and working. The ADMT brought all of our users over with their passwords, we are in a native mode AD, and we can access created mailboxes via OWA and even get exmerge to import the data (all have been obstacles along the way at various points). We now have a totally clean install of the entire AD (both DCs were rebuilt from scratch), and a clean OS/Exchange install on the Exchange server. We have found that if we apply the critical updates prio...

1/2 Page Numbers
I have created a Publisher Document that I am using as a manual. I will periodically publish updates to the manual and may need to insert pages. I would like to be able to number these new pages with decimals - for example, if I insert a two pages between pages 4 and 5, I would like to number the new pages 4.1 and 4.2. Is there anyway I can do this??? When I go into the format area it makes me choose a whole number. Apply a different Masterpage where the format for page numbering is 4.# Start the number over from 1 by inserting a section. Then on the following section restart the ...

Year End Closing #2
Hi It is noticed that some accounts(while does not have any transaction) are deleted while doing the year end close in Great Plains. Initially Reconcile and checklinks are done for each series. Immedietely after Year end close for financial series, many accounts are deleted from account master. Please anyone have idea about this? Thanks Jacob I believe accounts are removed that are marked as inactive and don't have a balance. "Microsoft News" <msnews.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:OMAjkKrPFHA.1884@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi > It is noticed that some ac...

drop down data want to choose more than one item for cell
I have a drop down box that i want folks to be able to choose more than one item from the box to go into the cell. Multiselect from a DV dropdown is possible using VBA. See Debra Dalgleish's site for a downloadable sample workbook with event code. http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DV0017 Note that you can have the selections in an adjacent cell or in the same cell. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:40:08 -0800, FranW <FranW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a drop down box that i want folks to be able to choose more than...

Drop Down List #2
Hi All Can this be done, as I am struggling. I have data in sheet B and want to create a drop down list in sheet A from this data, and I can't make it happen, I can create a drop down list in sheet A from data in sheet A but not from sheet B Could anyone help please Cheers Steve Name the range on the other sheet, and you can refer to it in the data validation dialog box. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Steve wrote: > I have data in sheet B and want to create a drop down list in sheet A from > this data, and I can't make it h...