Drop-Down menu grayed out except for "File" and "Help"

File and Help are the only drop down options on my menu
bar that are not grayed out. The other drop downs Edit,
View, Insert, etc are not showing a drop down option. The
buttons for the same options work fine. For example, I
can cut and paste without problems through buttons. Any
thoughts on why the only drop downs working are FIle and
Help?? Thanks in advance

MW
0
weez25 (1)

Maybe someone/something was customizing excel for their workbook and forgot to
fix up your toolbar on the way out.

I'd try tools|customize|Toolbars tab
select worksheet menu bar
click reset

(You will lose any customizations that you made to that toolbar.)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Help
Hi all, I'm hoping I can get some assistance on an issue that came up recently. I'm running Exchange 2000 (post SP3 roll-up) on Windows 2000 (SP3 + security updates). We had been running Veritas BackupExec 8.6 on a remote server with the Exchange agent installed and backups were proceeding fine. I recently upgraded to 9.0 in preparation for a 2003 upgrade in the coming months and that is when I think these problems started. I have 2 storage groups ... 1 with managers' mailboxes and the other with the bulk of user mailboxes and the PF's. After my first full backup with the n...

Restoring my .pst files (Please Help!!!)
I had my operating system crash on me and managed to save the outlook database to a cd rom. I have reintstalles windows XP pro, and reinstalled Outlook, but I keep on getting OPERATION FAILED when I try to import, and I have reintstalled Outlook 2002, 4 times now, and don't know what to do. Any ideas or help??? Have you copied the PST file off the CD and cleared the read only property? If not, you'll need to do that. Outlook cannot open a PST on a CD. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please po...

help
I have some texts files, which i want to read in each line, and then write back each line to a new text file. So for example, I want to read in the 2 lines below: "C:\Data\=D3=EA=D2=B9=D0=C7=BF=D5",6,10,3,3,8 "",0,0,0,318.592,83.04552 I store each line of data in the following vector: std::vector<CString> FileData; So FileData[0] =3D ""C:\Data\=D3=EA=D2=B9=D0=C7=BF=D5",6,10,3,3,8" FileData[1] =3D """,0,0,0,318.592,83.04552" (the data is in the vector correctly) Then I go to write the data to a new text file... FILE ...

Excel - Creating Tabbed Delimited Text File
Hello, I'm attempting to creating a tabbed delimited file from excel that is going to be used for entering sale orders in an Oracle based platform. The problem I'm running into right now is that I have several blank cells in my excel spreadsheet that need to be shown as "" in the text file when I "save as" to a txt file. I've tried different methods and none of them have worked: * I've tried changing all the blank cells to "". When "saved as" a txt file those cells become """". * I've tried changing the blank c...

HELP convert .ost file to .pst
I had a notebook crash and now I am left with an orphaned outlook.ost file. The only way I can use this information store is by converting to a .pst file that can be read by OL or OE. The file is valid, and it has 4 years worth of contacts in it so I am desparately trying to find a tool that will convert it. I found one on the web for $700! Can't afford that. Any suggestions for cheaper software or public domain utilities would be much appreciated. Thanks! -SG Can you still connect to the Exchange Server it came from? If so, just resync your mailbox. Otherwise I think you're s...

search for file path, please help
I need help locating a file from a form named frmInsBlock. In this form I have a textbox named BlkName, this is where I want to type the name of the file. There is also a button name SearchButton that will execute the code and another textbox named BkLocation. The directory of the file is C:\VWR-Setup. What I'm trying to do is type in the entire or part of the file name and have it search for the file in the subdirectory. Once a file is located I need to display the full path of the file without the file name. After the file path is found a list box named ListBox1 will displ...

shell:UsersFilesFolder HELP
In our business environment we do not want users to have the abilty to save any files locally, not only do they roam but they use Terminal Servers extensively. In Win2003 and WinXP we simply redirected their My Documents folder, Desktop and hide the local drives so where ever they logon they have their files. But now in Windows 7 the Users desktop folder icon gives them the ability to save locally, even if we redirect their My Documents folder, and even if I redirect all those other new folders they can still create a folder in there locally and store files, then when they hit a ...

replay log files to recreate edb, need help
I also posted this in microsoft.public.exchange newsgroup. An upgrade to our antivirus software somehow deleted the bodies of all messages in the data store. We have no backup of the edb. I do have ALL the log files since the server was installed. A MS kb article says the edb can be recreated from only the logs. I tried this with the limited information in the article but was unsuccessful. Based on the event viewer the replay quits on the first log file. Has anyone been successful with this process? ~~~~~~~~~~~ http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;278958 1. Make sure you ...

Excel is creating temp files Help!!!
Hi i have to files in excel, i cant figure it out, whenever i open th files, they create temp files into the same location, when i shut dow the program the temp files are left there. Is their a way to make it so temp files are not saved. Or is their a way to make it so that the creation of temp files i turned off. Thanks jaso -- greenfalco ----------------------------------------------------------------------- greenfalcon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1362 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26182 What do th...

HELP! Cannot locate .pst file
I am running Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000 o/s. When I opened Outlook this morning I received a message saying that it was 'preparing to install Outlook' - I cancelled out of the dialog box. I then discovered to my horror a 'virgin' Outlook, even though I have been using it on a daily basis since 2001! After a lot of (ever more desperate) searching I discovered that my User Profile has been removed/deleted from the computer. I am supposed to be the only person who uses the computer. I searched the hard drive for any .pst files in an attempt to locate my Outlook data, but the...

Open a Help File with a button
Hi All, I have created a help file (.hlp) and I want to have my users open it from a button the form. How would I perform this. I tried to run the automated button creation called RUN APP and it didn't seem to work. Matt -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200708/1 one approach: create a command button and look at the HyperlinkAddress property. Fill the property with the file path and, as long as the .hlp extension has a valid association in windows, a simple click should open i...

Nothing in the Que....EDB file grows by 15 Meg a minute..Help
My exchange server is out of control..... I have 4 accounts with less than 500 meg of email on the exchange server 2003 SBS......but the message store over whelmed the hard drive today...it grows at a rate of about 15 meg per minute....and I see nothing in any of the ques... ran eseutil...defrag and integrity...nothing happend EDB file did not chamge size at all... I have the message store dismounted......and it now stands at 12.5 GIG... I grows even with all the clients disconnected... Please help.. Are you scanning any of your Exchange installation/store/log folders with file-le...

help with macro to read and sort data from multiple text files
Hello there !! I have x number of ascii text files that have space delimited data columns (files may have 3 to 40 data columns). There are about 25 header rows at the top of each file but I am not going to use info from these rows. I also have a master.xls file. Could someone please help me create a macro to do the following - A) read first *.txt file from the given folder into sheet1 of the master.xls file. NOTE: I have already set up the sheet2 of the master.xls to sort required rows of data from sheet1 (based on row headers) using vlookup to populate a 40 column wide array. B) Copy the ...

Windows Help Files
Are there any free or cheap html to hlp converters for windows help files? ...

Help with AVI files!
Hi guys, I need some help figuring out some stuff about avi files.I have this Class CAviDlg which extracts bitmaps from Avi files and displays them on the dialog box. Im using threads in order to display these bitmaps as continuous stream of images for some purpose in my application. //this function is called by the thread UINT ShowAviFile(LPVOID pParam) { //code to draw on the dialog box CAviDlg *tdlg = (CAviDlg *)pParam; tdlg->OnShowAviFile(); return 1; } //mesage handler for the ply button in the CAviDlg class void CAviDlg::OnPlay() { thread = AfxBeginThread(ShowAviFile,this,0,0,0...

Help! How do I restore a file?
I accidentally saved a new file with the same name as an existing one, and clicked 'override', forgetting they were in the same location. How do I restore the original file that I accidentally overrode? Thank you! On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 20:48:01 -0800, A Person <A Person@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I'm not sure this is a question about Microsoft Access, the topic of this newsgroup. Anyway, you have to restore the previous version from a backup you made previously. The exact procedure will be documented in the help file for your backup software. -Tom. Micro...

Help with batch file
I have about 40 different shortcuts in various folders that have the same icon, let's call it icon A. I would like to change icon A to a different icon, icon B. I know I can make the changes individually, shortcut by shortcut, but am wondering if a batch file might do the trick in one full sweep. If anyone can tell me how to create such a batch file, in other words, the various lines needed, I would be most grateful. T.i.a. George P.S. Icon A is inside an exe file, Icon B is an ico file. George wrote: > I have about 40 different shortcuts in various folder...

Need Help: File Size Number displayed inside ALL Static Controls after reading Textfile to CString Member...
Hi, at first i wondered where the strange numbers came from when i opened my dialogs with Text Controls but then i found out, that these numbers are only there AFTER loading a textfile into my selfmade editor. After closing (but not always after closing, even rigth after reading the file) the file and closing my editor i do open a dialog of my application, does not matter which one, i see some strage numbers inside my text/static controls. The interesting thing is that if i have 5 Static Controls every control displays the same number, e.g. 3478 or something like that. What is that? Ha, now ...

Drop-Down menu grayed out except for "File" and "Help"
File and Help are the only drop down options on my menu bar that are not grayed out. The other drop downs Edit, View, Insert, etc are not showing a drop down option. The buttons for the same options work fine. For example, I can cut and paste without problems through buttons. Any thoughts on why the only drop downs working are FIle and Help?? Thanks in advance MW Maybe someone/something was customizing excel for their workbook and forgot to fix up your toolbar on the way out. I'd try tools|customize|Toolbars tab select worksheet menu bar click reset (You will lose any customizati...

TransferText to make batch file, need help
I need to create a batch file with ~6000 lines in it for ArcGIS. Python is beyond me, so I'm trying to do this with VBA in an Access module using hints I've found through this discussion group (VBA is what I know how to use). Each line should be: Intersect_analysis "C:\FICE93_25\strID.shp #;'C:\LSAY\Census\SHPs\1990\1990 Block Groups\BlkGrp90_Albers.shp' #" C:\FICE93_25\strID_Intersect.shp ALL # INPUT I've broken the line into 4 parts, strStart, strMid, strEnd & strID, using the code at the end of this message. The problem is, I get "Compile erro...

Help: I want to create an Outlook 2002 backup BATch file
I want to create a batch file I can use to copy all the critical files in Outlook 2002 so that, if I have to reinstall MSO 2002, I can just copy the file off a CD, make them writable, and proceed as if nothing ever happened. I know I have to copy off the PST file, but what other files will I need to copy to be sure I get my address book, contacts, preferences, blocked addresses and etc? Is there a good program that can do this for me, AND which will allow me to select what I want to restore? I looked at ABF Backup - it seems to backup ok, but it seems to resoter everythin or nothing - you c...

how do i create a help file?
I write various spreadsheets etc for work for staff with differing IT skills how do I create help file? Where do I find the “Help compiler” ...

Wanna write every data in new line through CFile but no idea! Plz help
Hi All, I want to write(append) word(data) into a file(CFile). I'm using CFile to do the same.. CFile::SeekToEnd() is called before every CFile::Write() But i need to write every data in a new line of text file. In CFile how could i achieve this? NOTE: I appended '\n' char into the end of my word(data). My cursor is moving into next line...but i don't know how to continue writing from cursor's current position in MFC CFile.. Thanks in Advance, Raa On 28 Dec 2006 02:28:36 -0800, "RajanM" <Rajan.Munuswamy@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi All, > I w...

Constant Outlook 2003 file error help please...
"Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location." Is the message I get every 60-90 minutes when Outlook 2003 is running (on XP SP3). If I close it, its not really closed and I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to finally stop it. Usually when I restart it, it will return to normal but run thru a mailbox check to see if files are ok. Then after another 60-90 minutes, poof, same error again and I have to do the same again. The calendar does the same thing. Any ideas what's going wrong? Fix?? Do you have multiple PST files op...

HELP! My Outlook backup.pst file wants a password that doesn't exi
My system lost stability and I did the full restore DVD. I reinstalled Outlook 2007 and attempted to open my backup.pst file but it asks for a password. It doesn't let me advance leaving it blank and it doesn't accept my POP3 email password. When I created the file I left the password field blank. I am able to get to my email through the web client and by setting up a new POP3 account in 2007 but i can't access any of my old emails some of which I really need. How can I get my emails? "Jeff Meeusen" <JeffMeeusen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...