drop down list #14

Is it possible to have a cell that has the drop down arrow so you could
select (for example) yes or no, like you can in word or access?  I have
a worksheet and this would prevent repetitive data entry.  Thanks

--
Beenz75
Beenz75's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30471

Hi Beenz,

See Excel's Data validation feature.

Visi Debra Dalgleish's Contextures site for a Data Validation tutorial:

---
Regards,
Norman

"Beenz75" <Beenz75.21mlmm_1137244200.5238@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:Beenz75.21mlmm_1137244200.5238@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Is it possible to have a cell that has the drop down arrow so you could
> select (for example) yes or no, like you can in word or access?  I have
> a worksheet and this would prevent repetitive data entry.  Thanks
>

> --
> Beenz75
> Beenz75's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30471
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=501339

0
normanjones (1047)
1/14/2006 1:13:40 PM
Thanks Norman, that was exactly what I was looking for :)  That was
great link too, very simplified to understand

--
Beenz7

Beenz75's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3047
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50133

Share Task List
User has Outlook 2003 & we have a corporate Exchange server I have a user that has created a second task folder (File > Folder > New Folder...) They went into Sharing and on the Permissions tab setup the people who should have access. The other people to whom access was given can't seem to find this task folder. In the "Open Other User's Folder" they only have the default Folder type. When they pick tasks it tells them it can't find it. To test this out I had the user give same permissions to the default task and that can be opened no problem. It seems t...

Blocked e-mail list

Empty custom Address List in Outlook
I don't know if this is an Exchange or Outlook problem yet so I'll start here. I created a custom Address List in the Exchange System Manager. I previewed it, and it looks good. When I go into Outlook and switch to that List, it's empty. I checked the security and it's inheriting from the parent. So it has the same permissions as the default Address Lists. Any ideas? Exchange '03 SP1 on Server '03 SP1, using Outlook '02 SP3 Can you check in OWA and see if it's also empty? James Chong MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com mcoppa@gm...

External user receiving mail for internal distribution list
I am running Exchange 2003 enterprise. I have an external SMTP recipient that is receiving mail unwanted from one of our distribution lists. I have checked the distribution membership and they are all internal users. At first I thought one of the users might have some inbox assistant rule turned on that was auto forwarding all messages but when the external user receives the message it appears to be from the original sender and not from a user on the distribution list. I tried setting up a contact in the AD with the external user's SMTP address and setting it so that the contact...

How to get the list of logged users?
Hi there! I'm working in a application that needs to do a "single sign on" thing... The idea is if the user logged in the windows is also a user in the domain server, and if the user is logged in the server, then it can use the application. To get the users list from a domain server, I'm using the NetQueryDisplayInformation API, but I can't figure out which API gives me if someone is logged in a server/computer... Does anyone have some suggestion? Thaks in advance. Antonio Carvalho ...

How do I change a drop down list?
I have been trying to change a drop down list for ages now. I follow the directions that I have, exactly, but can not seem to make the changes necessary. I have followed the edit drop downs explaination, and it still wont change. I can't even see to remove the drop down list and start fresh. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks I assume that you mean an in cell validtaion list. Select the cell in question. Choose Data | Validation | List should be selected with a text box where you can enter the list values or a range where the list values come from. Modify a...

All Address List Missing.
Hello everyone; I'm new to Exchange 2003 and I think I did a big mistake. I wanted to hide all address lists from all users, so I selecte authenticate uses and checked on Deny on all options. After that the all address lists disappeared from the exchange administration utility. I can't seem to find it anywhere. Does anyone know how to reset or find the all address list object so I can put back the rights for the authenticated users. I'll really appreciate your help. Thank you Hi, you know that "authenticated users" also include all admin users? You should try to...

email list
I am attemptng to create a list of email addresses within an email program (SBC Yahoo!). each cell in the column contains a unique address and all of the addresses will be sent together as a mass mailing. Please help! Thank you! ...

How to get list of string for particular condt
hi, let consider, A table has following fields, name amount date I know to get sum of amount based for particular date condition be.. select sum(amount) as val from table_name where date='06-16-2010' Same as I want to get list of name for a particular date. How can I achieve this.. -- Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server/201006/1 On Jun 17, 11:25=A0am, "visweswaran28 via SQLMonster.com" <u60654@uwe> wrote: > hi, > > let consider, > > A table has following fields, ...

Voting Buttons -- Missing drop-down box in Tracking tab
I have a user on Office 2003 who uses voting buttons in Outlook. She claims that on the Tracking tab of her sent message, a drop-down box should appear at the right side of each user's "response" column showing the voting options -- for her to manually populate if the respondent verbally replies to her. Our outlook 2003 does not have this. I can find nothing on it. What is she talking about, and how can I set up this feature for her? -- Lisa M I think she's wrong. That function exists in a Meeting's Tracking table, not a vote related tracking table from an em...

List, Combo Box, and or Group Opitions
Is there a way to allow user to select mutliple choices like with a Look Up Field? This can be for either Form (data enter) or table. The data I am try in to collecte involves whether a client is currently using 1 or more applications. I do not want to have to dedicate a whole field to 1 data field. Thanks for your help You can have a multi-select list box. I do not understand what you mean by dedicating a whole field to 1 data field. What is supposed to happen after selecting the item(s)? majordave wrote: >Is there a way to allow user to select mutliple choices like w...

Incorrect Account Appearing on General Transaction Edit List
If I go into my General Ledger and view a certain entry, on the input screen, it lists the correct accounts. However, if I print the edit list, one of the accounts is incorrect. In fact, it is an account that doesn't exist in our system. As shown in transaction entry screen: 51-6021-3500 Disability Insurance $478.24 12-1296-0000 Intercompany Rec/Pay - $478.24 As printed on edit list: 51-6021-1000 Disability Insurance $478.24...

2005: Banks online list FALSE
I purchased Money 2005 because two brokerages, Adventist Health Care and Great-West were listed with 2-way service under the Money 2005 website at microsoft.com/money when I get into Money 2005 they aren't listed as places that you can download from! What is going on!?!? I did further research... for example the money website shows nearly 100 brokerages starting with the letter A that are comptaible with 2-way download in 2005. In the actual program only 11 are listed. UNBELIEVABLE! MS are now going for keeping the web-site up to date rather than the list in the program. -- Re...

How to create lists of data quickly from a pre-existing database
Hope someone can help - I'm very new to excel. I'm trying to set up an idiot-proof file in which people can lo attendance data for their employees. I've got a database which ha loads of info on people - age, sex, section they work in etc - ideall I want someone to be able to type in 'male', and have excel go an interrogate the database (currently on a separate worksheet) and creat a list of all the male employees. Is this possible? Cheers, To -- TAL2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- TAL27's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com...

Distribution List appears as empty in AD
Hi We are in the process of migrating users over from a 5.5 infrastructure to a new Windows/Exchange 2003 infrastructure. Everything appears to be fine, but we have had a few issues with some of our DL's, where even though we have a DL connection agreement to pull the items out of 5.5 and into the AD, some of them come accross with none of the members in them anymore. You can open the DL in AD, and when you go into members, no members are present. If you go back into 5.5, and open the DL there, the member list is present, and replicating now etc doesnt seem to bring them accross. ...

I accidentally deleted a contact list
Right when I did it, a brief msg flashed that said something about where it went - junk folder ? I don't recall. I am using MS Office Professional 2007 and find the Contacts and Distribution Lists very confusing! I meant to delete a distribution list and ended up deleting a contacts list. It's in the Deleted items folder - search for it there if you can't find it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-reque...

Combo Lists
I have a database which captures colleagues requesting projects from our department. Everything work fine, and now I am just tweeking it before it goes live. What I want to know is whether I can create a combo list that is generated as records are created? For instance there is a field for the colleagues name, but it would take me forever to put everyone's name in, so what I wanted to do was if they request more projects instead of having to enter their names over and over again, can i just pick it from a previoue entry? Hope that makes sense Thanks Tracy -- Message posted via http:/...

outlook auto-complete and global address list issue with display n
Hi all, We have a strange issue which has started to occur with auto-complete in outlook 2003. We don't think its an outlook issue but rather a GAL issue. When someone sends an email and types in the first few characters autocomplete displays a display name similar to this - Bloggs, Joe <Joe.Bloggs00120540> This has only started to occur in the last couple of days. Anyone experienced this and found out what causes it? Thanks in advance. Hello: Does this issue happen in Outlook NON-cached mode also? Does the e-mail get delivered to the recipient anyway? ...

Printing Labels from Marketing List
It is possible to create Mail Merge documents for the members of a Marketing List through Quick Campaign or Main Campaign. But how about creating labels for all the members in the Marketing List? It seems that labels can be created only from the main contact list and not from the Marketing list. Any pointer?? Don an Advanced find to look for all contacts (or account depending on the marketing list) who are on a particular marketing list. From the find results do a mail-merge to labels. HTH Roger "Onkar" <budc57@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1166056772.911550.14100@8...

Hide "All Disabled Accounts" from Exchange address list. #2
I'm trying to remove ex-employees names from the global address list in Exchange. The ex-employees accounts are disabled and many have been selected to "Hide from Exchange address list," but there are still a bunch of disabled accounts with active names in the global address list. Is there some action or query I can run to select "Hide from exchange address list" on all disabled accounts? Doing this one by one would be a total pain. Thanks Hi you can do this by using vbscript together with some LDAP filter but you could also use a tool (ADModify for example) that hel...

Show Public Folder Contacts in Outlook contacts list drop down.
Hello, I was wondering how to add a public folder in Exchange 2003 that was setup for contacts to show up when composing an email in Outlooks contacts list. Thank you, Russ Right click the PF and select Properties. Go to the Outlook Address Book tab and check the "Show this folder as an email Addess Book" field. It should appear under the Address Book drop down. "VIT" wrote: > Hello, > > I was wondering how to add a public folder in Exchange 2003 that was setup > for contacts to show up when composing an email in Outlooks contacts list. > > T...

Send newsletter as pdf to mailing list
I am trying to send a newsletter I have created as a pdf to a mailing list that I have in publisher. I can create the email with the pdf attachment but then not able to pull through the email addresses from the mailing list. Anyone knows how this is done? The only way I've done a mass mailing is to have all the email addresses in the Outlook Express Address Book list or create a group in Address Book. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Boudicea" <Boudicea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:799AD9F1-B225-463A-B737-D28775DA1E63@microsoft.com.....

The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Distrib List
I have now broken down the distribution list into 5 lists of less than 30 members in each list and still get this: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: <Recipient email> on 12/11/2007 7:16 PM 452 4.1.1 Too many recipients for message Any ideas? I have searched ISP sirte and found no reference for any limitation.\ TIA! "Marathon" <jsssbs@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23CS81SFPIHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have now broken down the distribution list into 5 lists of less than 30 >members in each list and still get this: > &...

Hide Distribtuion Lists if not a Member?
Hello all, Could someone tell me if there's a way to prevent a Distribution List in the Address Book from being visible to an end user who is not a member of the DL? I'm using Exchange 2003 sp2 with Outlook 2000 and above clients. Thanks, -Bob On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 14:21:35 -0800, "Bob" <here@nowhere.com> wrote: >Hello all, > Could someone tell me if there's a way to prevent a Distribution List in >the Address Book from being visible to an end user who is not a member of >the DL? > >I'm using Exchange 2003 sp2 with Outlook 2000 ...

Users not appearing in Global Address List
Hi, I've created three new users all with mailboxes and they aren't appearing in the Global Address List. Can anyone tell me why? Thanks, Joe On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:39:52 +1000, "Joe Spenceley" <jspenceley@alwindows.com.au> wrote: >Hi, > >I've created three new users all with mailboxes and they aren't appearing in >the Global Address List. > >Can anyone tell me why? > >Thanks, >Joe > Check in ADU&C to see if an email address has been applied. See: http://blogs.msdn.com/exchange/archive/2004/07/07/175444.aspx And: http://s...