Drop Down Filter

Hi,

I have data that I input in from Column A to F [cells 1-
50].  In column G I have the total of these rows.

How can I produce a custom filter on column G that works
from a drop down that will show 3 things - <500, 500-999
and more than 999?

The cells with numbers not required will remain there but
will not show any value.

I can do it via custom filter but have to set it every
time and it does not allow more than 2 filters.

Thanks as usual,

Bob.
0
anonymous (74721)

You could insert another column into the table. For example, in cell H1,
enter the heading:  Group
In cell H2, enter the formula:
    =IF(G2<500,"<500",IF(G2<=999,"500-999",">999"))
Copy the formula down to row 50
Filter on column H

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Drop Down List #9
I am trying to create a drop down list using two worksheets. How would I create this. One sheet would where the final product is and the other would be where the data is being kept. Watch this 5 min video: How to setup a data validation drop down list: http://youtube.com/watch?v=t2OsWJijrOM -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Vincent Kerzman" <Vincent Kerzman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2DAA48B-0BD2-4932-AE91-B86D55B8D8A6@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a drop down list using two worksheets. How would I > create this. > > One s...

Drag and drop of eMail to own application
Hi everybody, i like to drag and drop an eMail of Outlook ( Express & Xp ) and Thunderbird into my own application ( MFC ). There'in the dropped eMail should be readed and the subject, body text, Recepiant, ... should be displayed into textboxes. I can check the different formats of the Drag-Event or Clipboard data. An Outlook Express mail is stored in plaintext into the clipboard, so it's seriously possible to extract it. But with Outlook XP Mails i see only the name of a .eml file ( the of file which would be saved on the Destop for example ) But how to extract the data? Do...

drag and drop
Using office XP I cannot drag and drop items from one folder to another in outlook 2002. Any ideas? Thanks ...

How do I copy a filtered subset of data to another worksheet?
I am trying to develop a series of analysis from a major worksheet. I need to capture as a report each of the subsets of data for a snapshot of today's work. When I try to copy - the Clipboard, of course, copies everything, including the hidden data. I know there is a way to copy just what is visible but I can't remember and can't find any reference in any help files. Anyone? Edit|Go To|Special...|Visible Cells only "sftwrqn" wrote: > I am trying to develop a series of analysis from a major worksheet. I need > to capture as a report each of the subsets...

Filter list not correctly refreshed
Hi, I created a pivot table in Excel, linked to a database. So I added some filters to this table, displaying lists. The fact is that when I try to find a value in this list (my filter list), I don't find this value. I explain with more details. I add a new value to a list A in TFS (value x). I wait for the OLAP cube to refresh. I open my excel file, I check in the A list (used in my file as a filter) and try to select the value x, but I don't find it. My OLAP cube has correcty refreshed the data (I can see it with the displayed data in my tables). What should I d...

drop down data want to choose more than one item for cell
I have a drop down box that i want folks to be able to choose more than one item from the box to go into the cell. Multiselect from a DV dropdown is possible using VBA. See Debra Dalgleish's site for a downloadable sample workbook with event code. http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DV0017 Note that you can have the selections in an adjacent cell or in the same cell. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:40:08 -0800, FranW <FranW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a drop down box that i want folks to be able to choose more than...

drop down calendar #4
In a cell I want to have a drop down calendar of the current month. I downloaded a template of a calendar and tried data valadation but it only displayed the source range. Any ideas? TIA http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/windows/2004/04/27/excelhacks.html "Ray A" wrote: > In a cell I want to have a drop down calendar of the current month. I > downloaded a template of a calendar and tried data valadation but it only > displayed the source range. Any ideas? > TIA > Ray See Ron de Bruin's site for this. http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Gord D...

Filters in public folders and ost files
I have a problem where I have about 100+ folders in the public folder section available offline in an ost file. This has caused problems as the ost reaches its 2GB limit. The way I got round it was to apply filters to each folder to only synchronise emails from April this year. This was very time consuming, took around 4 hours. My ost file is reaching its limit again and I was wondering whether there was a way to automatically apply a filter to mulitple public folders without having to go into each folder. I am willing to upgrade from Outlook 2000. I know Outlook 2003 has a limit of 10GB on os...

Drop Down List #2
Hi All Can this be done, as I am struggling. I have data in sheet B and want to create a drop down list in sheet A from this data, and I can't make it happen, I can create a drop down list in sheet A from data in sheet A but not from sheet B Could anyone help please Cheers Steve Name the range on the other sheet, and you can refer to it in the data validation dialog box. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Steve wrote: > I have data in sheet B and want to create a drop down list in sheet A from > this data, and I can't make it h...

Question of drop-down listbox
Hello, Is it possible to have listbox or combobox with Auto HScroll (ES_AUTOHSCROLL) capabilities. Thank You! I don't get it. ES_AUTOHSCROLL is an Edit control style, how would it apply to a listbox or combobox? What are you trying to do? AliR. "Ririko Horvath" <horvathr@securemethods.com> wrote in message news:uHUo%23OyLFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is it possible to have listbox or combobox with Auto HScroll > (ES_AUTOHSCROLL) capabilities. > > Thank You! > > I'm soory for not expressing my question properly...

Taks filtering based on category and working hours?
I am using Outlook 2007 and I would like to filter the tasks shown in the "Outlook Today" Tasks column as well as in the Calendar view's "To-Do Bar" based on categories (like e.g. "Business" or "Private") and based on whether we are within working hours (as configured under Tools => Options => Calendar options => Calendar work week) or not. I.e. during my free time I don't want to see any tasks categorized as "Business" and during working hours the ones categorized e.g. "Private" should be hidden. Is t...

reporting on drop-down values
We created drop-downs and wish to add the values to a report, but of course the extentionbase tables only show the numbers. Is there a specific table where all the actual text values are stored? Hi use the stringmaps table to get the description of picklist values. I hope it helps. -- Singh http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com MSCRM Consultant Orion Enterprise Sydney "TheWkndr" wrote: > We created drop-downs and wish to add the values to a report, but of course > the extentionbase tables only show the numbers. Is there a specific table > where all the actual text values a...

mail filtered sheet
Hi there I have got an Excel Database that I filter after customers. What I want to do know is to send this filtered sheet to the customer per mail as attachement. How can I do that with beeing sure that they don't get the whole lot Your help is very apprechiate Thank MAtt Once you have filtered your list (click somewhere inside the range displayed) then at the menu, click on Edit, Goto.. then the Special Button.. click Visible Cells only. Then Copy (Ctl-C) and Paste-Special-Values to sheet1 of a new workbook say - Paul021104.xls. e-mail this new workbook as an attachment. HTH "...

Drop user or alias before dropping login
I am trying to delete a user, and I get this error: Login is aliased or mapped to a user in one or more databases. Drop the user or alias before dropping the login. Any advice? Hi Caroline, GO to SQL server --> logins and select the user and open check the properties of the login and see what database access the users has. If any uncheck all the database access and drop the user. Also make sure from the GP front end you have unchecked the company access too. If still you get errors go to each database on the server and make sure they are not in the users list in the databases. ...

Drop down list 04-23-10
How do you display drop down list button even if the cell is not selected? You can't. Perhaps you've seen the button created from a AutoFilter ot PivotTable? -- Best Regards, Luke M "DLB" <DLB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F248BA68-6874-4712-876D-CF2890DD0BF1@microsoft.com... > How do you display drop down list button even if the cell is not selected? Use a combo box from the Forms toolbar. The drop down arrow is always visible. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "DLB" <DLB@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

filter or other
Hi, I have a table with dates in one column, user enters the start and end dates using input boxes, and based on these values a subset is extracted to another sheet and a used to create a pivot table. I have formulas that will sort the data, find the start date and the end date and copy the range to the other sheet. This works fine, if the dates inputted are in the worksheet, but if they are not, it gives very erratic and wrong results. I guess I can't use a filter if the date is not in the worksheet, but is there a way using the FIND function or some other that if the date is n...

Filter Recipients who are not in the Directory
I enabled this global setting for message delivery. Doing so dramatically reduced the number of outbound smtp non-delivery messages by the postmaster account. Good so far. However, I've run into a problem. Some batch files on internal unix sendmail servers send emails in a batch process to a bunch of users in one process. Since I made the change, if one user has an address that is the format of bad_address@good_domain.com, all of the messages in the form of bad_address@good_domain.com fail as well. This does not happen when I don't enable the "filter recipients who are...

Disabling the Junk Mail filter
Does anyone know if/how the Junk Mail filter in Outlook 2003 can be completely and permanently disabled. We run a subscribed anti-spam service at mail server level and the client filter is creating false positives all the time and causing much unrest amongst my users! I've tried setting the filter to no automatic filtering, but this doesn't seem to stop things redirecting to the junk mail (backup notifications originating from backup exec are consistently hitting the junk mail folder despite having been added to all safe sender and recipient lists). This trivial issue is drivin...

Outlook 2003 Drap and Drop Issue
Hi If you take an email from Outlook and perform a drag and drop to the tasks, the task is created but the message body text is empty. Any reason why this should happen. Cheers ...

Odd Drop Down Box Behavior
I have a drop down box on a spreadsheet in a workbook with several spreadsheets. For some reason the contents of the drop down box is beeing bled through to other spreadsheets in the exact same cell reference that the drop down box is linked to, replacing what may be in that cell. It happens randomly yet often, and I have not been able to discern any patterrn or catalyst. The contents and cell formatting are being transfered. It also happens on other spreadsheets using the drop down box. This is an Active-X box, not a forms box, using Excel 2007. Anybody seen this? Squeaky...

Drop-Down list in a cell #2
Hi, I have cells in an Excel form which are used to enter data. But it' always same list of choices. I wonder if there is a way to create drop-down list of choice in a cell, so that the user can choose betwee the available choices. Is it possible? Thx! Werne -- Werne ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Werner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2430 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39053 Try Debra Dalgleish's page at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal13.html -- Rg...

ComboBox drop up instead drop down
Hello Clicking on the Combobox right box it show by default an SelectionWnd BELOW the combobox, but I want it show ABOVE the Combobox. How can I achieve this? Thanks. Tom AFAIK, you cant do this. It does it by itself whenever it finds that the listbox will go offscreen. --- Ajay "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1147880303.638355.7200@j73g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > AFAIK, you cant do this. It does it by itself whenever it finds that > the listbox will go offscreen. > Couldn't you subclass the listbox and somehow reposition it w...

Drop down calendar menus disappear
This is a bizarre problem which I thought must be due to some sort of corruption on my hard drive. However, using Google to check back on this group and the other outlook group I've seen the same problem noted six times over the past couple of years, from users of both Outlook 2002 and 2003. I use 2003 and I don't recall that I had the problem with 2002. I run Win XP Pro. The problem: This occurs when I try to enter dates in the calendar, task list or birthdays section (contacts). You try to select a date to enter a task, or enter a date for someone's birthday - you click on the ...

Change default in Advanced filter
Hi! How can I change default setting in Advanced filter from "Filter the list, in-place." to "Copy to another location." Can anyone help me? Thanks a lot! George George You can't...sorry -- HTH Nick Hodge Southampton, England nick_hodge@btinternet.com "George Lin" <georgel@mar-bal.com> wrote in message news:02b301c391b0$2786c080$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi! > How can I change default setting in Advanced filter > from "Filter the list, in-place." to "Copy to another > location." Can anyone help me? Thanks a lot! > G...

Drop Down Menu #2
In Word I'm able to attach a calendar as a drop down menu...then a person who clicks on that drop down menu will see the calendar and then can click a date which will be seen in the cell. Would you like to something similar in Excel? See Ron de Bruin's site for instructions on using a Calendar Control on a worksheet. http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Also note the section for calling the calendar from a Toolbar button. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 5 May 2009 14:24:15 -0700, Marlas <Marlas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Word I'm able to attach a c...