drop down cell / combobox in Pocket Excel

I have an excel spreadsheet used to gather survey data.
In the desktop version many of the possible responses are
in drop down selection boxes.  Upon moving to Pocket
Excel this functionality disappears.  Is there a way to
recover it.  PDA environment is a dell PDA running WinCE
0
HamJim (1)

Pocket Excel does not support drop-down selection boxes.
As a replacement, try my program SpreadCE, available from:
http://www.byedesign.freeserve.co.uk/
You will need to turn off the Excel -> Pocket Excel conversion in
ActiveSync.

"JimH" <HamJim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have an excel spreadsheet used to gather survey data.
> In the desktop version many of the possible responses are
> in drop down selection boxes.  Upon moving to Pocket
> Excel this functionality disappears.  Is there a way to
> recover it.  PDA environment is a dell PDA running WinCE

0
stephenbye (32)

Drop Down List #9
I am trying to create a drop down list using two worksheets. How would I create this. One sheet would where the final product is and the other would be where the data is being kept. Watch this 5 min video: How to setup a data validation drop down list: http://youtube.com/watch?v=t2OsWJijrOM -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Vincent Kerzman" <Vincent Kerzman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2DAA48B-0BD2-4932-AE91-B86D55B8D8A6@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a drop down list using two worksheets. How would I > create this. > > One s...

Drag and drop of eMail to own application
Hi everybody, i like to drag and drop an eMail of Outlook ( Express & Xp ) and Thunderbird into my own application ( MFC ). There'in the dropped eMail should be readed and the subject, body text, Recepiant, ... should be displayed into textboxes. I can check the different formats of the Drag-Event or Clipboard data. An Outlook Express mail is stored in plaintext into the clipboard, so it's seriously possible to extract it. But with Outlook XP Mails i see only the name of a .eml file ( the of file which would be saved on the Destop for example ) But how to extract the data? Do...

Using Target.Address in Excel 98
Hi I have a code which as Target.Address which works in Excel 2000 but will not work in excel 98. Does anyone know what code to use for when a workbook change is to take affect. The current code which works in Excel 2000 is below: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address = "$G$26" Then If Range("G26") = "Other" Then ActiveSheet.Unprotect Sheets("Recording Sheet").Range("E28") = "Please speficy:" Sheets("Recording Sheet").Range("G28:I28").Interior.ColorIndex = 2 ...

Splitting a Cell
Hello, I have a Cell that contains first and last name data. I would like to split this one cell into two cells, one with first name data and one with last name data. I have tried doing this through a Macro, but with no sucess. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you! Hi use 'Data - Text to columns' for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Roast" <Noonan.Bill@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1103217577.972829.21480@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > I have a Cell that contains first and last name data. I would like ...

Saving Excel 2007 chart as web-page
Hello! I have excel 2007 workbook with a chart. Chart contains two lines, every line has shadow. Everything excel shown is ok, but after converting it to web page, where are only one line, but where are two shadows. I've put my .xlsx file to zip. You can find it here: http://komaristiy.narod.ru/DR.zip Thanks a lot! P.S. I have MS Excel 12.0.4518.1014 with russian UI ...

reference cell value from fixed column with variable row
template wizard wont let me select a form control (combo box) value to associate a field with but provides a reference cell value which gives me the row number in the other workbook of the value. how do i make a valid cell reference from this reference? i.e. col of referenced value is "A", row is variable depending on what value i pick in combo box. how do i make a reference out of "A" plus the value to equal "A5" ? (so that i can associate a field with it using the template wizard) -- bob z ...

Vlookup found what it was looking for, but what cell was in in?
I need to do an OFFSET(???, 3,2) The ??? would be the cell that a VLOOKUP found the Lookup_Value in the Table_Array. or The Vlookup found what it was looking for, but what cell was in in? Any ideas how I can do this? I was told to.. How do I get the result from a VLOOKUP into the function? You could use application.match() Dim res as variant 'could be an error dim somevalue as string 'or what??? dim somerange as range set somerange = worksheets("somesheet").range("a:a") res = application.match(somevalue, somerange,0) if iserror(res) then msgbox "no ...

drag and drop
Using office XP I cannot drag and drop items from one folder to another in outlook 2002. Any ideas? Thanks ...

How do I change the column heading in Excel to display "A" "B" "C
I have Excel 2003 and when I start is up, the new worksheet display the column heading as "1" "2" "3" etc. How do I change it to A, B, C etc? Tools>Options>General tab>Uncheck R1C1 reference style -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Thai" <Thai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA01EA9C-1A7E-45AA-80C9-45DEC8382C19@microsoft.com... |I have Excel 2003 and when I start is up, the new worksheet display the | column heading as "1" "2" "3" etc. How do I change it to A, B, C etc? ...

drop down calendar #4
In a cell I want to have a drop down calendar of the current month. I downloaded a template of a calendar and tried data valadation but it only displayed the source range. Any ideas? TIA http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/windows/2004/04/27/excelhacks.html "Ray A" wrote: > In a cell I want to have a drop down calendar of the current month. I > downloaded a template of a calendar and tried data valadation but it only > displayed the source range. Any ideas? > TIA > Ray See Ron de Bruin's site for this. http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Gord D...

Possible Excel Bug
I am using Excel 2007 and belive I have found a bug. If I have two identical formulas (the string representation of the formulas are identical) in two different cells I get two different results. =MAX((ROSTERING!$A3>=AVAILABILITY!$B$2:$B$6)*(ROSTERING! $A3<=AVAILABILITY!$C$2:$C$6)*(AVAILABILITY!$D$2:$D$6)) If the above formula is in cell C2 it returns the correct result, however, if it is in B3 it returns the wrong number. Any ideas would be appreciated in detecting my error or confirming it as a bug (not expected behaviour) Cheers On Jun 22, 1:00=A0pm, kurtforres...@hotmail.com wro...

drop down data want to choose more than one item for cell
I have a drop down box that i want folks to be able to choose more than one item from the box to go into the cell. Multiselect from a DV dropdown is possible using VBA. See Debra Dalgleish's site for a downloadable sample workbook with event code. http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DV0017 Note that you can have the selections in an adjacent cell or in the same cell. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:40:08 -0800, FranW <FranW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a drop down box that i want folks to be able to choose more than...

Drop Down List #2
Hi All Can this be done, as I am struggling. I have data in sheet B and want to create a drop down list in sheet A from this data, and I can't make it happen, I can create a drop down list in sheet A from data in sheet A but not from sheet B Could anyone help please Cheers Steve Name the range on the other sheet, and you can refer to it in the data validation dialog box. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Steve wrote: > I have data in sheet B and want to create a drop down list in sheet A from > this data, and I can't make it h...

Generating a cell reference
I cannot find the solution to my question anwhere. If I enter the letter A in cell b3, enter the number 10 in cell d3, enter the letter A in cell b5, and enter the number 20 in cell d5, then how do I create cell references from these entrys that can be used in formulas, such as sum(a10:a20)? I hope this makes sense, I really would like to accomplish this. Thanks for any advice and assistance. Glen Try this: =SUM(INDIRECT(B3&D3&":"&B3&D5)) You did say "A" was in B3 *and* B5, so I used B3 twice, since you wanted: <<"sum(a10:a20)">>...

conditional format a date in Excel
I am trying to use conditional formatting to show when a date is less than 30 days in the future. When I use "cell value" "is less than" "="Now()+30" all the dates change. I am trying to use conditional formatting to show when a date is les than 30 days in the future. When I use "cell value" "is less than" "="Now()+30 all the dates change. lose the quotes in the condition =Now()+30 Unless you mean between today and 30 days in the future in which cas =now() would be the first condition and =now()+30 would be the second Al...

Counting cells before/after a maximum value
If I have a list of numbers like the following... 2,5,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,5,5,6,9,11,8,11,12 .... across a row of cells, is there a way of counting the number of (non-empty) cells to left of the maximum value, and also to the right of it? In the above example, the answer to both should be 9, of course. TIA -- Paul Hyett, Cheltenham (change 'invalid83261' to 'blueyonder' to email me) Well, I think the answer would be 9 for both if the number 1 in the middle of your data was actually a mis-type for something like 13 or 14, or if you want to count away from the MINIMUM and n...

Excel: creating a group of independent option buttons
I'm trying to create two independant groups of buttons on a single page of an Excel document. In other words, two cells, each with yes or no answers, each having its own two option buttons. Right now, when I click "yes" in cell two, it unchecks my answer in cell one. I just need to make the buttons in cell two run independently of cell one. Hi tD, Why not replace your option buttons with checkboxes? --- Regards, Norman "tD" <tD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A418EAC-B0AB-4673-B849-8337D6DC815A@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to...

MOS Excel Expert 2003
Pls let me know where I can get free practice questions/answers for MOS Excel Expert 2003 exam from the web. I'm sure a search (Google, Yahoo!, MSN, etc.) will turn up some good sources. I used the books published by Microsoft and marked as "Learning Series" such as the Step-By-Step books to study up for all of the exams - scored better than 90% on all of them. If you have access to Skillsoft (Thompson NetG) on-line courses, they are also an excellent aid to making it through the tests. IIRC, the two Excel 2003 courses they offer damned near taught the test. JLatham MO...

How do I make circle within circle graphs in Excel 2003?
Are you referring to the Donut chart style? Cheers Andy Lance wrote: -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Hi Andy, Thanks for the response. Don't know if I'm referring to the Donut chart style. What I'd like to be able to do is have a circle represent 100% of something with an inner circle represent a subset of the larger circle. I'll try using the donut, but I'm not sure that will do it. Thoughts? Thanks, again. Ken "Andy Pope" wrote: > Are you referring to the Donut chart style? > > Cheers > Andy > > Lance w...

Question of drop-down listbox
Hello, Is it possible to have listbox or combobox with Auto HScroll (ES_AUTOHSCROLL) capabilities. Thank You! I don't get it. ES_AUTOHSCROLL is an Edit control style, how would it apply to a listbox or combobox? What are you trying to do? AliR. "Ririko Horvath" <horvathr@securemethods.com> wrote in message news:uHUo%23OyLFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is it possible to have listbox or combobox with Auto HScroll > (ES_AUTOHSCROLL) capabilities. > > Thank You! > > I'm soory for not expressing my question properly...

Password excel 2007
How does one set up up a password for the excel file I have currentley have as a short cut' Thank you bill - Open the file (Office Button | Open ... ). To password-protect the workbook, choose Review (ribbon) | (Changes section) Protect Workbook. Enter a password. Click OK. Save the file. To encrypt the file using a password, choose Office Button | Prepare | Encrypt Document ... - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com "bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B14BA33B-26BF-4375-9A39-DD7E6435AC04@microsoft.com... How does one ...

how to stop cells from adding together on a pivot table?
Using seperate worksheets- when creating my pivot table, there is more than one client with the same name and different amounts, why is the pivot table adding these figures together? A pivot table summarizes items that are the same. Maybe there's a client number you could add to the pivot table, to differentiate the clients, and that will keep the amounts separate. Wigged out wrote: > Using seperate worksheets- when creating my pivot table, there is more than > one client with the same name and different amounts, why is the pivot table > adding these figures together? --...

reporting on drop-down values
We created drop-downs and wish to add the values to a report, but of course the extentionbase tables only show the numbers. Is there a specific table where all the actual text values are stored? Hi use the stringmaps table to get the description of picklist values. I hope it helps. -- Singh http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com MSCRM Consultant Orion Enterprise Sydney "TheWkndr" wrote: > We created drop-downs and wish to add the values to a report, but of course > the extentionbase tables only show the numbers. Is there a specific table > where all the actual text values a...

Excel Scrolling Problems
Hello Everyone, We have a PC running XP PRO service pack I, the PC has Office 2000 Professional installed. When the guy is using Excel and tries to scroll across to the right, using the arrow keys quickly i.e. holds down the right arrow for a few seconds. The PC's beeps then sometimes inserts a number, if he's going right it normally a 6. If you look at the number pad there is an arrow on the number 6. He his defiantly using the proper arrow keys, I have replaced his keyboard and still nothing. I have check the "Sticky Key's" settings and that is all set correct...

Pocket Excel Alternatives?
I have an excel spreadsheet which uses data validation and the INDIREC function a lot. Unfortunately, Microsoft's Pocket Excel dosn't support data validatio so can anyone recommend a good alternative -- MB ----------------------------------------------------------------------- MB7's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2000 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=34594 ...