drop down box linking worksheets

I want to create a drop down box on 30 different worksheets so that when I want to go to a certain worksheet I can just look through the drop down list. I know how to create a drop dowwn list for a single worksheet, but not one like this. I have data for the last 24 weeks on different worksheets and I need this list. thanks.

Did you know that you could rightclick on the VCR like controls (to the left of
the worksheet tabs) and see a list of all the worksheets?

Another option is to add hyperlinks to each sheet.  But I think I'd use a
toolbar.  You could use it for more than this workbook and it wouldn't take up
real estate on each worksheet.

http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=40B52C4E.2BD56CBA%40msn.com

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Exporting Excel Worksheet to Access
Hello -- One of the Excel Tips (re-printed below) discusses how t export Excel worksheet into Access. I tried to adapt it, but I get a error ("Compile error: User-defined variable not defined") at "cn A ADODB.Connection" in the code. I've loaded Tools>References "ActiveX Data Object (Multidimensional 2.5 Library" (the Excel Tip below suggests loading "ActiveX Dat Objects x.x Object Library", but nothing with exactly that nam appears. Ideas? Thanks in advance. Cecil23 ****************************************** If you want to export data to...

Easy way to find a link?
Is there a quick easy way to find a link in a workbook that has 50 pages? The best is to use the LINK feature in Excel and if necessary to combine it with the FIND REPLACE tool. To see how to do this you can go to http://www.auditexcel.co.za/othertools.html and watch the video clips for External Links and Find Replace. Hope that helps "LSchmitz" wrote: > Is there a quick easy way to find a link in a workbook that has 50 pages? > > > Is it a link to another workbook? If yes, then I'd use Bill Manville's FindLink program: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Defa...

paste special keep odbc link
I often use worksheets returning the result of a query, with sometimes a huge number of rows/cells and formulas. In order to work easily on the result without having Excel still re-calculating the formulas or querying the database, I copy/special paste the result into a new workbook. There should be no link anymore and the last example I have is a sheet with +/- 2000 rows, no formulas, no odbc, but which still weights 7 Mo and needs a anormal delay when browsing from one cell to another ... as if there still was something else than just my datas !!!! How can I just have my datas and browse in...

Start a file at a defaulted worksheet/cell?
Howdy, Having a few users to a file, can I have the file open to a default worksheet/cell as I have directions I want them to read before playing... Regards, Kevin Kevin, use something like this, put in thisworkbook code Private Sub Workbook_Open() Sheets("Sheet2").Select Range("C3").Select End Sub -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 97 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "...

How do I type in a web-link?
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When signing an email, sometimes I want to add my website address as a clickable weblink. I thought that i used to do this by simply typing the address and hitting return, this doesn't seem to work, though. What should I do? It works in Word, but not in Entourage. Links become clickable if the message is viewed by the recipient, but it does not show up as such in the Compose window. If you type your message and hit the Send Later button, you will find the message, complete with clickable hyperlinks, in your outbox. ...

Automatically number a worksheet
I would like to format a cell on a worksheet that I use as a written proposal form creating a unique identifier for each proposal. Can I format that cell to select a sequential string of numbers similar to having a date come up when you open a worksheet? Thanks in advance. Jim -- Jim C. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Jim C.'s Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27520 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470326 Maybe something at J.E. McGimpsey's site would help: http://m...

Copying matched criteria plus relevant columns to new worksheet
I want to use code in a macro to search for criteria in a worksheet which allows the matched data to be copied (along with other relevant columns) to another worksheet in the same file. Would this involve some sort of loop? Any help apreciated. Thanks in advance, Matt there are several ways to do it. if you want to copy a hundred cells for three columns every time something in row 3 is matched somehting like the following could be used. sub try() tar=1 ' target column in sheet 2 for c = 1 to 34 step 3 ' this will be the look up column in sheet 1 if sheets("Sheet1&quo...

Rotating Text Boxes on a Chart
Excel won't let me rotate text boxes in my pie chart. When I go to do it the rotate buttons are greyed out. Also I can't figure out how to add text the curves with the outside of the pie chart. Please help! Thanx! Hi Jeff, You won't be able to rotate textboxes. If they are really data labels you can alter their alignment. But they won't curve. If you want text to wrap around the pie you could try using word art. Although a pie with more than a few slices will probably result in text not appearing next to the slice. Jeff wrote: > Excel won't let me rotate...

How do I get rid of/refresh the browsed pages links in the hyperli
It's driving me nuts just to find one link. Ig I could clear it up once in a while that would be cool. thanks for the help. :) In Internet Explorer, tools, Internet Options, delete files. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "adumbledore" <adumbledore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04FCEF52-5F12-43CB-B0D1-B093AEA91A23@microsoft.com... > It's driving me nuts just to find one link. Ig I could clear it up once in a > while that would be cool. thanks for the help. :) ...

Help with a formula to determine data presence in other worksheets in the same workbook
I have a workbook with 20+ worksheets in it. Each worksheet contains a series of columns where generally the 'key' (not a real key but the term will suffice for this example) is in the first column and various attributes of that key exist in subsequent columns. I have a summary sheet as the first one and what I want is a base formula that will tell me if the value I'm looking for exists in a target worksheet (the 'key' column) and if it does, does the value in one of the subsequent 'value' columns match some pattern. I have searched around but I don't really ...

How can I move multiple linked workbooks between computers
without having to define the links? I would guess that if they'er all in the same folder, you could just copy them and paste them into a single folder. If the files were in separate folders, then I'd open each in excel, save them to one folder and copy them to one folder on the recipient pc. But that could even be more work than just Edit|Links???? TAG wrote: > > without having to define the links? -- Dave Peterson Dave, Thanks for your reply. Each of the files are in separate folders. I would be easier to copy than the edit links because each file has multiple lin...

objects created in 2002 (2000 format) not avail in 2000 boxes
I have created a new query and report in an Access 2000 database. This is the first modification since my PC was upgraded to 2002. The database is still in 2000 format (according to the banner). Other users, however, do not see the newly created query or report? (They are Access 2000) Any suggestions? TIA, tj Hi, My name is Amy Vargo. Thank you for using the Microsoft Access Newsgroups. Is this database in a shared folder that multiple people can access, or did you create your own copy of the database? Maybe you are using the wrong file. Verify that the file is in 2000 forma...

What is a drop down menu?
If i'm not mistaken those are the menues on the menu bar that drop down from the top. "ladybug" <ladybug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45866F12-FE09-4AAB-9EF3-C9987392E884@microsoft.com... > ...

Linking multiple excel sheets
Hi I have a question... I am computing a lot of data in Sheet A. I want to make some of the formulas keep a main tally on Sheet B, how do I go about doing this? Put bluntly, how do I allow data to flow from seperate indivdual excel sheets? (Cell in Sheet A) = (Cell in Sheet B) + (Cell in Sheet B) xteven, In the cell on Sheet A ='Sheet B'!A1 + 'Sheet B'!B1 The above will add cells A1 & B1 on Sheet B Take special note of the apostrophies surrounding the sheet name. Looking literally at your example, if you have a space in the sheet name, you have to put apostrophies ...

Creating Links to Custom Views in the SItemap
Hi, I have been trying all morning to edit the site map to create links on the left nav to point to some custom views I have set up. I have different views of accounts like Current Customers, Past Customers etc and want to be able to create a link in the left nav to go straight to these views. I have tried inserting the following code in my site map but when I try to upload it MS CRM complains that it is an invalid file. It is the params that appear to be the problem as a link to www.google.com works fine. Am I trying to achieve something that is not possible or am I doing something wrong? &l...

Deleting shortcut key In Recording new Macros dialog box
I have recorded several new Macros and I am running out of shortcut key letters to put into the shortcut key box within the Record a new Macro dialog box. How could I delete the shortcut keys that I have already used to reuse again to record new Macros? One way: Choose Tools/Macro/Macros... Select a macro for which you want to delete the shortcut. Click Options... Clear the shortcut key input box. Click OK, then Cancel. In article <9DC795B4-1EBE-4685-94DF-CD79ABEAF45D@microsoft.com>, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have recorded several new Macros ...

Naming worksheets...new to VBA
Hi, I'm pretty new to VBA and need to create a simple macro. When the command button it is linked to is clicked...I need it to search a workbook for the highest numbered worksheet (ex. "G4" was the highest sheet so the macro will create G5) and then create a new worksheet. This might be a simple problem but any help is appreciated. Thanks, Mjack --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Try this Mjack Sub test() Dim Shcount As Long Shcount = Sheets.Count Sheets.Add after:=Sheets(Sheets.Count) ActiveSheet.Name = "G" & Shcount + 1 End Sub -- Regar...

bad links
I did some formulas with figuers from other files. the problem is tha when i open the sheet the links to the other documents don't wor anymore. i have to open the source sheets so that the figuers appear how can i make the links work even if the source sheets are no opend??? Thx, Ovidi -- Ovidi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ovidiu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2732 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46820 do your links have the path to the file, the file name and ...

A Static linked control problem
Hello Everyone, I have a problem with static-linked library in my MFC based project. The structure of the projects is like this: MainControl project contains MainControl.cpp and mainControl.h HeadApp.project contains all application files, and the AppDoc class here (created by MFC wizard) contains the MainControl object: CMainCtrl *m_control; It compiles fine intill I try to create the control on Runtime: m_control = new CMainCtrl(); Here I get an unresolved external symbol error, even if I write the exact path to the MainControl header file.. What's wrong? Thanks for your time.. ...

Excel Drop Down List Formatting
is there a way to change font size for items in a drop-down list? If a Data Validation drop-down.......No. See Debra Dalglesih's site for workarounds. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal08.html#Font Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:47:02 -0800, MJS <MJS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >is there a way to change font size for items in a drop-down list? THanks for the help "Gord Dibben" wrote: > If a Data Validation drop-down.......No. > > See Debra Dalglesih's site for workarounds. > > http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlData...

Text box visibility
On my form "Finalise Jobs" i have (amongst other controls), "Date ready" - txtDateReady, "Date Required" - txtDateRequired, "WhyDelayed" - txtWhyDelayed, and a search Combo Box - cboSearch. The following code is attached to txtDateReady :- Private Sub txtDateReady_AfterUpdate() If txtDateReady > Forms![Finalise Jobs].txtDateRequired Then Me.lblWhyDelayed.Visible = True Me.txtWhyDelayed.Visible = True Else Me.lblWhyDelayed.Visible = False Me.txtWhyDelayed.Visible = False End If End Sub and the following...

Outlook XP stays on top when open link
hi! I have the problem, that Outlook XP stays the top window when I open an email link in a messange. The new IE window blinks in the taskbar, but it's behind the Outlook window. Sometime I even can't open the new IE window! maybe someone can help me. Windows XP SP1 - Office XP SP2 greetings Matthias Neumeister (sorry for my english!) ...

Error Message: Cannot start outlook after clicking a webpage link
When going to a website, if I try to click on a person's name to send that person an email using Outlook 07, I get an error that says: "Cannot start microsoft outlook" HELP! Can you start Outlook normally from the Start Menu? "chmoee" <chmoee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85209C75-2A81-4BB1-8866-22D7B1E48EBD@microsoft.com... > When going to a website, if I try to click on a person's name to send that > person an email using Outlook 07, I get an error that says: "Cannot start > microsoft outlook" > HELP! Yes, I c...

Leveling Resource in Linked Project
I have a "Master Schedule" that is made up from linked files that include schedules for individual projects. While in the "Master Schedule" I am trying to level the resources so no one is over allocated. When I try to level it is not working and states that one of my projects (lets say Project #3) is linked to another task that cannot move. I am not sure why this error message is coming up. I don't have it linked to anything else and all my seperate projects have predecessors so that all tasks are dependant on eachother. I am a newbie to Project and quite ...

Excel links cells
I would like to know if and how to link couple of cells, Let's say I have inserted a code in a cell, this code is corresponding to coulpe of values in a tabele. I would like that Excel would automatically insert the corresponding values of this code (from the table) in different cells on the same raw. Example: Say I punch a code in cell A1 like GH23(which has a value in a table of 15 points and grade 5), then I would like that automatically Excel would insert the value of this code 15 in the cell A2 and the vaule of its grade 5 in cell A3. I would grealty appreciate any help. Tha...