Drawings move during printing

I have created a drawing from several objects (arcs, ovals, triangles, etc.).
When I try to print, some objects move (especially annoying is BlocArc). How
should I solve this problem?

The way I do it now is to copy it as an Enhanced metafile picture into Word
and print from there, but the quality is not the best (printing lots of
objects on a A0 paper).

It refers to objects from the control toolbox, but the information in
the following post by Dave Peterson may help:

http://groups.google.ca/groups?&threadm=4252EFEF.C8CBA674%40netscapeXSPAM.com

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
4/18/2005 6:39:41 PM
xl2002???

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;838910
Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002

But Jim Rech recently posted this:
This article is now obsolete. Since the 10/12/2004 security patch
there is no need to get a hotfix (although this article does not directly
mention this fix, it's in there).

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;832332

But Myrna Larson (and others) posted that it didn't work for her in all her
workbooks.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Since Word does not support A0 format, I managed to deal with it by copying
the whole drawing as Enhanced Metafile into Publisher and print it from
there. Powerpoint might work as well. I also noticed, that the objects did
not move when making a simple copy into Publisher, but the font did change.
Thus the EMF ...

I consider it solved from my point of view, it is printed correctly and in
good quality.

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

> It refers to objects from the control toolbox, but the information in
> the following post by Dave Peterson may help:
>

> http://groups.google.ca/groups?&threadm=4252EFEF.C8CBA674%40netscapeXSPAM.com
>

> 00xPhoenix wrote:
> > I have created a drawing from several objects (arcs, ovals, triangles, etc.).
> > When I try to print, some objects move (especially annoying is BlocArc). How
> > should I solve this problem?
> >
> > The way I do it now is to copy it as an Enhanced metafile picture into Word
> > and print from there, but the quality is not the best (printing lots of
> > objects on a A0 paper).
>

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Axes Location On Printed Page: Changeable ?
Hello: A bit new with this. Is there any way to move the axes (further to the left for the Y, and further down for the X) so that the graph uses more of the paper when I print out ? Seems that there is a lot of white, unused, space on the page. I would like the axes to be closer to the actual page margins. Thanks, Bob Hi Bob - We were all new once. Click on the plot area of the chart, so it is bordered by eight small black squares, or handles. Drag these handles until the plot area uses more of the space within the chart area. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://...

a new drawing not erase previous drawing?
visual studio c++ 6.0, mfc, graphics in my program a new drawing erases previous drawing. How to manage that all that is drawn stays alive on the window? And is not erased when the window is covered by another window, as well. And that the image does not flicker... Those last two have from time to time appeared in my attempts to solve the first problem. And that I didn't manage at all - make the first drawing, then the second, see them both at the same time on the window. I have tried the following and maybe more: Invalidate(false), InvalidateRect(false), override OnEraseBkgnd, ...

Gaps between Rows when printing
Hi. This may be an easy, easy fix, but I can't figure it out. I have a worksheet with rows that line up perfectly inside the worksheet, but when I print preview or print, there are gaps of space between the bottom of one row, and the top of the next one. I don't want that gap. Can anyone tell me why the gap is there and how to get rid of it? TIA I have no idea, but I'd try to rule out the printer as the cause first. If you use a different printer (or just a different printer driver with Print|Preview), do you still get that gap? If yes, then sorry. But if no, maybe...

Move child dialog to background
I'm working on an MFC dialog based program in Visual Studio 2005 under Windows XP. From the main window I launch a child window. The I need the child window to go behind the parent when the parent gets focus. The way it is now, when the parent gets focus I can interact with it, but the child is still on top and needs to be moved to the side so I can see all of the parent. Here's how I'm creating the child: CDialog* gchild; void CWinGPIODlg::OnToolsShowOverview() { gchild = new CChildGPIODisplay; gchild->Create(CChildGPIODisplay::IDD,NULL); ...

Moving Columns to Rows
Is there any easy way I can achieve the following without a very laborious route of manually copying and pasting loads of data? I have a large spreadsheet of users and their software applications. It has been prepared with the first column being used for the user's name and subsequent columns each representing an application name. There is one row per user with a figure 1 in each column that represents an application the user has. I want to change that so that every user and application is on a row of its own. Thus if a user has 6 applications there will be 6 rows. The first part bel...

Print Panel
I have to print the content of a panel but I have two problems. The code I've written is this: Bitmap imagen = null; private void btnImprimir_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { PrintPreviewDialog ppd = new PrintPreviewDialog(); PrintDocument doc = new PrintDocument(); doc.PrintPage += new PrintPageEventHandler(doc_PrintPage); ppd.Document = doc; CapturaImagen(); if (ppd.ShowDialog() == DialogResult.OK) doc.Print(); } void doc_PrintPage(object sender, PrintPageEventArgs e) { e.Graphics.DrawImage(imagen, 0, 0); } private void CapturaImagen() ...

how to draw a bitmap transparently?
Hi, I have an owner draw button associated with a bitmap. In the bitmap editor, I turn off the option "draw opaque" for the bitmap. That is, I make it transparent. However, the the bitmap's background color still shows up on the button. The bitmap has only a solid circle in the middle. What else do I have to do? Please help. Thanks. Tony One thing you can do--and this works only for some restricted cases, which you may or may not have--is to make the button background 192,192,192, and when you LoadImage, you specify LR_MAP3DCOLORS. It will change the 192,192,192 to...

how to set up a "batch print job" that only prints certain pages
I have a safety manual from which I only want to print selected pages for an orientation manual. The safety manual is a living document, always changing so when I need to do a new worker orientation I want the most current version of the selected pages, otherwise I would just photocopy the orientation manual. Not good enough to just note page numbers. This changes with time as well. It is difficult to imagine a means of printing a goup of pages which will change over time, unless they can be specifically identified without user interference. The following macro will print...

Printing followup pane in Outlook 2003
Is there a way to print out the overview pane from the For Follow-up Folder? I'd like a quick and dirty way to make a checklist - showing From: Subject: Received: exactly as it appears on screen. Thanks Dumb question, but did you try File | Print? Choose the Table style. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Wowbagger" <none> wrote in message news:OlhXdioeEHA.396@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to print out th...

Re: printing 8.5 x 11 booklets on 11x17 paper
After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Windy <wwicklund@rcpcfairbanks.org>... > the back white page > or "paper" visible on the screen behind my text and > graphic changes and prints that way. What do you mean by this? I don't understand your meaning. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm ...

owner draw CListBox, how to draw "no item found"
Hello, I have an owner draw listbox, in the DrawItem I draw the items. If the listbox doesn't contain any item I would like to display a message "no item found" but this is no item, so DrawItem is the wrong place. Where should I do this? OnPaint, OnEraseBkgnd? I thought I would be able to do something like this for a test (just paint the window blue) but it's always white BOOL CmyListbox::OnEraseBkgnd(CDC* pDC) { if (m_pItemList.GetCount() < 1) { CRect rc; GetClientRect(&rc); pDC->FillSolidRect(rc,RGB(0,0,255)); return TRU...

Best way to move data from Access backend to SQL Server
I have an exisiting Access Database (FE and BE). I am planning tomove to SQL Server back end and I have imported the existing Access table structure into SQL Server, rewrite Views and made some modification to forms. I will needs some recommendation on the following: 1 - Whether to stick on Access front end as MDB (thru ODBC) or to switch to ADP 2 - How to move quickly the existing data in Access table to SQL Server table. I am using Access 2003 and SQL Server 2005. SF "SF" <xyz@online.com.kh> wrote in message news:exwW5u4aIHA.1132@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I h...

move Mailbox #7
Move Mail Box fails becasue of having lot of courrtion in mailbox. but mailbox opens sucessfully in outlook and i can read all the emails from outlook. Hi, The mailbox move manager will give you a report (you have to check this before you hit 'finish'). It will show tell you the corrupt items in the mailbox - their subject and location. You can then get the user to delete them, before re-running the move. Alternatively you can just set your corrupt item count to be the 'same +1' as the total number of corrupt messages in the mailbox. If the user can open and read...

Draw a horizontal line after the last record is printed on each pa
The details section of my report draws vertical lines which grow to accomodate text size changes. I would like to have a horizontal line drawn when last record finishes printing on the page and joins the end of the last vertical line to make a table. Please help. Thanks. -- Lydia Liu Access/VB Programmer There was at least one answer posted to your same question yesterday. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Lydia" wrote: > The details section of my report draws vertical lines which grow to > accomodate text size changes. I would like to ha...

Moving Shapes
When I try to move shapes to a very explicit location, they often "jump" to some other spot close by as if snapping to a grid. For example, if I have a shape selected and press the left arrow key, it moves multiple pixels away (up -and- left). I've tried to be sure I've got "Snap to grid" turned off in every possible place but so far it has eluded me. Help! Have you tried holding the "shift key" down and using the arrow keys to refine the position? -- jeff_neronha@hotmail.com "anth" <pleasedont@spamme.org> wrote in message news...

moving selection
Hi, I want to be able to see which customers bought in the course of ten consecutive days, where the BeginDate can be whatever date and which can vary for each customer, how many products b, e, f one bought out of a range of products a, b, c, d, e, f, g. I’ve already tried many queries, amongst others with the Max and Min function for the date of purchase, but that returns effectively the first and last possible days. So, if someone buys 5 times on Jan 1st, Jan 3rd, Jan 9th, February 11th, March 3rd, I’ll get for the MinDate Jan 1st and for the MaxDate March 3rd, regardless of the f...

move 2008 excel program to 2009
I would like to move a excel sheet of 2008 information to the same dates but 2009 -- Katy Katy M <Katy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I would like to move a excel sheet of 2008 information to the > same dates but 2009 good luck. How would you want to handle 29 February 2008? As1 March 2008 or 28 February 2008? Either will give you duplicate. -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk "Katy M" <Katy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Error when moving mail recipient from To field to CC field
We have a user that is trying to move an email recipient from the TO field to the CC field in an email by dragging and dropping. When he does this, he gets an error: Microsoft Word. The object is not connected to server. Has anyone seen this? ...

Anyone want to draw roads?
Just thought that if anyone wants to do diagrams with roads or rivers as double lines then Jeff Lanam (this n/group) kindly provided me with this link to a free programme called OCAD. Its a tiny file, is EASY to use and the results can be exported as a .bmp into Publisher. www.ocad.com I asked on this newsgroup how to achieve this and many threads resulted, so thought I'd post the solution. Many thanks Jeff (see reply to your post) Chrissss........ Glad you solved your map problem. An interesting program. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.o...

Drawing graphs on Modal dialogs
I've encounter a strange phenomenon: I have an MFC application that creates a child dialog using DoModal(). Within this child dialog I have a couple of buttons and a graph plot drawn within the area of a Cstatic using a third party API from GraphicsServer. This modal dialog has a minimize button, but when I minimize the dialog, the graph doesn't minimize with the dialog is always on top of the screen. Has anyone encountered this problem? Do you think is is a GraphicsServer issue or a Microsoft issue? I've called Graphics Server and they say that they haven't countered my proble...

Macro moving with daily date
Macro needs to move with date down a row each day including other cell referances when I run the macro. -- paintbrush Here is day 3 macro below, or do I need to make 31 Macros? Range("G3").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=TODAY()" Range("J3").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-1]*7" Range("K3").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=R[7]C[-5]" Range("K3").Select Selection.Copy Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xl...

Change printing options based on tender types
I have curerntly setup our POS registers to automotically print 40-column receipts and to prompt the user for whether or not to print a large 80-column invoice. However, I would like to have large invoices automatically print for all charge account tenders. Is there a way to specify the print behavior based on the tender type for the transaction? Thanks, Paul Arenson Anderson Plywood Sales, Culver City, CA not without an add-in. Seems like someone posted something about that within the last few weeks - try searching the newsgroup. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://ww...

Where did the drawing go?
Visio 2003 SP2 with all the latest patches. I have an extensive floor plan created in a file. I renamed the page by double-clicking on the tab and replacing the name with 'Current'. I then added a page and called it 'Proposed'. The program hour-glassed for a bit which I thought was curious and then hung. I could close the program and since I did some editing on the file, I saved it when prompted. The next time I opened the file, the design was not visible and the scale was literally off the charts (it says X = - 46 ft., Y = 89478492 ft. 6, and if I go into Page Setup a...

Set Print: But how?
I'm using OfficeXP with Windows 98SE. I have a simple spreadsheet that will fit on two pages. I needed to add more footer information than was allowed, so I created a text box instead. I have no idea how to make this continue to page 2 or how to insert a different one on page 2. Is there a way to do that? The more essential question is that now when I try to set the print area, I end up with 51 pages. I keep going into the page break preview screen to try to set the print area, but as soon as I set the bottom and see that yellow line, the right side moves, extending to a zillion columns I ...

Moving a database location
In Exchange 2000 my database is closing in on my hard drive's capacity. How do I move the database to a larger drive, on the same server, and still have the mailbox databases load properly? robert <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 2000 my database is closing in on my hard drive's capacity. How do I move the database to a larger drive, on the same server, and still have the mailbox databases load properly? Use the property page of the database (in the Exchange System Manager) and select a new location for the file. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange...