Dr Watson if open a Shared Workbook

HI
whenever i open an Excel Sheet if its Shared comes dr watson.
If i disable the shared Workbook then is all ok.

What i can do.

Thx
Chris
0
stop8138 (1)

Leave the file unshared

"chris73" <stop@gmx.ch> wrote in message
: HI
: whenever i open an Excel Sheet if its Shared comes dr watson.
: If i disable the shared Workbook then is all ok.
:
: What i can do.
:
: Thx
: Chris

0
nospam202 (664)

Office won't open
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, <br> I was working on an Excel file this morning when it 'quit unexpectedly' (which it does fairly regularly). However, this time when I tried to reopen it, it wouldn't reopen and crashes every time. I also tried opening Word and Powerpoint and those applications wouldn't open either. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office, but still none of the applications will open properly. What can I try next? <br><br>Thanks, in anticipation, for your help. On 4/30/10 6:53 AM, ...

Control Open Publication Location
I have a user running Win XP Pro and Publisher 2003 that has a File Open issue. When they click on File | Open and the Open Publication dialog opens, it always opens to the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033 folder. They have gone into Tools | Options, the General Tab and set the default file locations to point to the S: drive for both Publications and Pictures. But it still insists on opening to the 1033 folder. Why is it not opening and using their preferences? Other users on the same PC don't have this problem. What gives? Brian Bygland "bxb7668" <bxb76...

Opening Attachments?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01CA9A27.9580AAC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a Win XP Sp3 machine with Outlook 2003 Sp3 installed. This has = worked previously. If I am looking at the email in the Reading Pane and = there is an attachment I can click the attachment it works correctly, = however if I "open" the email via a double click and then attempt to = open the attachment I get an error related to the Outlook Secure Temp = folder. There are no ...

WorkBook Custom Properties
Is it possible to check a workbook's properties without opening it? If so, can a workbook's custom properties also be checked? Any code doing this would be appreciated. PWS Hi, VB doesn't directly support doing that but Chip Pearson has a method on his site http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/docprop.aspx -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Paul W Smith" wrote: > Is it possible to check a workbook's p...

Opening worksheets takes ages
WinXP pro & OfficeXP pro Without any changes to both system and hardware Excel needs ages to open files. I can see 'requesting virus scan' in the status bar and from then loading even the smallest worksheets take around 20 seconds. Anyone on reason and workaround? Tnx Edwin Maybe you should take a look at your anti virus program instead.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Edwin Niemoller" <laagveen@planet.nl> wrote in message news:btmt4n$5ts$1@reader10.wxs.nl... > WinXP pro & OfficeXP pro > > Without any changes to both system and hardware Excel n...

too many cell formats.. can't open the file at all...
Hi all, A user had a "too many cell formats" error and saved the file. Now the file will not open. Excel reports: Unable to open. too many cell formats. Any way to recover the file ? thanks, dcreber@camford(press).co(uk) remove the ( ) to reply direct.. please use the thread as well. Hi, Excel has built in restrictions in number of cell formats that a workbook can contain (appx 4000). To avoid this problem, try to reduce the cell formats by selecting a large no of cells and giving it a cell format. In this way, all the selected cells will have only one cell format. But...

Opening a filterable report from a form
I am building an access database and am attempting to create a form (menu at startup) that I will use buttons to open other forms and reports. I am using a blank form and adding buttons (links to the other forms and reports). I have chosen in the wizard to Open Report under Report Operations, choose my report, and finish the wizard. But the button I have created does not do anything. I checked the Macro settings and it is missing a line. Here is the code: Private Sub Command7_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command7_Click stDocName = "Deficiencies Report" (missing sta...

Open a Workbook
Hello, I need to create a VBA macro to will allow to select and open a workbook to activate it. The name of the workbook will change. The name cannot be fixed. Thanks, Jeff Something like this will work...displays Excel's open dialog, stores the file selected and opens the workbook Sub OpenWorkbok() Dim fName As String fName = Application.GetOpenFilename() Workbooks.Open Filename:=fName End Sub -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A0A...

Attachments Opening as Read Only File
Whenever I open a Word, Excel, or Powerpoint email attachment, the file opens up as "read only"; this does not happen to any other file attachment. Support says Microsoft is aware of this problem - has it been corrected? I am having the same problem. Did you ever get it fixed???? "Reed" wrote: > Whenever I open a Word, Excel, or Powerpoint email > attachment, the file opens up as "read only"; this does > not happen to any other file attachment. Support says > Microsoft is aware of this problem - has it been > corrected? > ...

Is a form open?
Is there a simple way of checking to see of a certain frmName is loaded/open? When I open a required settings form within a main form (when a required setting field is empty), my settings form ends up behind the main form. I'd like to bring the settings form to front & set control focus. Tried this, but doesn't bring the form to front: Private Sub Form_Current() If CurrentProject.AllForms("frmComPort").IsLoaded = True Then Forms!frmComPort!Combo3.SetFocus End If End Sub --- Stewart wrote: > Is there a simple way of checking to see of a certain frmName is > l...

Macro to open a file open dialog box
Hello. I want to insert a File open dialog box in an existing macro. How do I accomplish this? The file I want to open and run the macro on is a .TXT file. And at the end of my macro, I want to save it in "C:\My Documents" folder as an Excel workbook with the filename (without the .txt extension) plus date plus, of course, the .xls extension. Thanks in advance. something like: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myFileName As Variant Dim Wkbk As Workbook myFileName = Application.GetOpenFilename("Text files, *.txt") If myFileName = False Then...

Can you prohibit printing for a shared Power Point presentation?
I have a presentation that I have to share with people and I can create Adobe handouts with the slides that I want to hand out, but the people presenting will have access to the hidden slides with the answers that I don't want printed. I can tell them not to hand the answers out, but can't really control what they do. Is there a way to prevent access to printing the slides without preventing access to the presentation altogether (i.e. I don't think I can just password protect it...) Please help! This is sensitive material. Any ideas are appreciated. You might l...

IE6 hangs when open CRM
Hello, I have a problem with IE6 on XP SP2 Client, CRM web site won't open and IE close immediatly when i valid the URL. On other system (w2K3) it prompt for authentification and then works fine... What can i do ? ps: excuse my french accent... ;-) XP with SP2 has an automatic pop up stopper installed. Open IE and go to Tools from the top menu bar. You will see a popup stopper near the top, disable it and then try relaunching CRM. Brett "Nico" wrote: > Hello, > > I have a problem with IE6 on XP SP2 Client, CRM web site won't open and IE > close immedi...

Dr. Watson error Event ID: 4097
I am getting Dr. Watson error for the store on a fairly regular basis now on one of my exchnage server application .I am using exchange 5.5 sp4.The AV in the server is running in API mode.The server also has remote agent for Veritas. The details are: Event ID: 4097 Source: DrWatson Type: Information Category: None Description: The application, exe\store.dbg, generated an application error The error occurred on 3/ 8/2005 @ 14:59: 0.997 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 0042466b What could be the problem ....Can anyone shed some light on this??... See if post-SP4 hot-fixes...

Excel
Please Help! I created a document, selected Protection>Protect Sheet, then made it shared document. My problem is now the �Unprotect Sheet� selection i grayed out and I need to make some changes. I am also unable t unshare the sheet. I would appreciate any info on the issue. Thanks in advance, Ada -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Why 3 posts in 4 minutes? You have to unshare the workbook. That's the only way to change protection. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "abailey >" <<abailey.19t5an@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:abailey.19t...

Public Folder Shared Calendar Event Owner
Anyone, Is there a way to identify who added an event to a public folder shared calendar? Right now I have one group that contains everyone that needs to add events to the calendar. Unfortunately the calendar doesn't show who, or when the event was added so it’s very hard to track those "colorful" events some of the employees have added. Thanks ISD Forgot to add my configuration information: Windows Server 2003 running Exchange Server 2003. ...

Cannot open attachments via OWA #2
Have a curious situation. A user is complaining of cannot open attachments via OWA. That's through our company Exchange server (Exchange 2003). Now, on the very *same* laptop she is using, she can get attachments from another company's OWA. Very strange. What is the normal cause of this issue? It's not her computer that determines any of the behavior when using OWA, but rather your company's server. With OWA, the only thing that her computer does is act as a browswer. OWA's configuration on your company's server displays everything that she sees and det...

Cannot open some Publisher files today!
Running MS Publisher 2007..SP1, currently downloading the SP2... Today I tried to open the webpage I'm building and it will not open now...says "Publisher cannot open this file". Tried to open other webpages I've used Publisher to build and they open just fine.. At the error message prompt box, if I do Ctrl, Shift + I the error code that appears is 1100009 "Sandy" wrote: > Running MS Publisher 2007..SP1, currently downloading the SP2... > > Today I tried to open the webpage I'm building and it will not open > now...says "Publisher ca...

Problems opening an archive .pst
I am trying to use Outlook 2002 to open an archive .pst file that was created by a different Outlook installation (though the version are the same). When I try to use Outlook to open the .pst file, I get the following message: archive.pst is not compatible with this version of the Personal Folders information service. Any suggestions? ...

file wont open
i am trying to open a excel 2000 worksheet but it says the file i corrupt , is there anyway i can open it -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see your replies in Excel.misc P.S.: please don't multipost -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "philthedil >" <<philthedil.14a3el@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:philthedil.14a3el@excelforum-nospam.com... > i am trying to open a excel 2000 worksheet but it says the file is > corrupt , is there anyway i can open it . > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.Excel...

_Click action
This must be too easy, if only it wasn't for the vicodin...so please be patient with me ;-> Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() system("pdfFile.pdf") ' or "docfile.doc" ' or "file.html" End Sub The external files will be distributed with the workbook, so I'm not concerned about path relativity, though it would be nice to be able to throw a msgbox just in case the file is not present in the same folder as the workbook, or in the unlikely event a suitable application is not available. TIA - Lynn. Option Explicit Private Sub CommandButton1_Click...

Openning Outlook Templates
I am receiving the following popup on occasion when trying to open an Outlook template from a shared folder. What does this mean? Internal MAPI error: An invalid parameter was passed to a MAPI function. Contact your administrator. Thanks, Kevin ...

cant open Excel 2000 workbook with macros in XP
H I cant open any excel spreadsheats with macros that were made previously the come up saying this has a macro from 4 cant open in high security environmen Can anyone help????????????? Try changing the security settings on the xp excel. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Murray Thompson" <murree@value.net.nz> wrote in message news:BE2D0018-BF40-4EF8-9394-390534E1AFB5@microsoft.com... > Hi > I cant open any excel spreadsheats with macros that were made previously the come up saying this has a macro from 4 cant open in high security environment > Can a...

Personal MAcro workbook in Excel 2003
I recorded a macro in the personal macro workbook, and later deleted it. However, whenever I start Excel now, the personal workbook loads. How can I stop this? Thanks Misha Personal.xls should be hidden and therefore will make no difference (Window>hide>shut excel and answer yes to whether you want to save personal.xls) If you *really* do not want it then search for the file (inc. hidden files and folders) and delete it -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Misha" <Misha@discussions.microsoft.com>...

how to create emails with sound when opening
how to create emails with sound when opening Buster <Buster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how to create emails with sound when opening http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/addingsound.htm -- Brian Tillman ...