Downloading Templates for Excel error with a windows error.

I have been trying for months to download some of the Excel templates of the
Microsoft Office Online site but continually get an error message that
Windows has encountered a problem and needs to close.  The message is showing
up after Excel has been opened and the active x download window has closed.
I am using Excel 2000 with SP3 on Windows XP pro SP2.  I also get the same
error with Windows XP Home SP2.  Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Lanie Moore
0
Moore (21)

Transferring info between Excel sheets ??? I'm stumped......!!
Hi folks........... It's time for me to turn to you experts.........cos I'm lost on this one......... I have a need to transfer information from one excel sheet to another.......sounds simple but only a select amount of information if the preceding information meets a specific criteria.........that comes as no surprise........... At least I'm only looking at solving the challenge of transferring information on the second and third rows in each sheet. ****** From a sheet that we can call "July Orders" ...if the customer reference number which is already in Column C cel...

Cannot sign in window live messenger ver14.. error code 8000ffff
i installed the windows live latest version but could not sign in windows live messenger. the error code is 8000ffff Help!! sk;1250172 Wrote: > i installed the windows live latest version but > could not sign in windows live messenger. the error code is 8000ffff > > Help!! Hello, Uninstall Windows Live completely from the Computer it best to use REVO uninstaller (Free edition) and run CCleaner then download a fresh copy and intsall it see whether that fixes your problem Hope this helps !! -- Capt.Jack Sparrow -if you appreciate my help, please c...

can I import excel cells into word as labels
I am using Office 2000, and I'm trying to import excel data into word as labels. I have one column of numbers(approx. 350 cells) I would like to import into Word as individual labels. can this be done? -- Trial and Error takes too long! Use Mail merge. :) http://www.officearticles.com/word/mail_merge_labels_in_microsoft_word.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "wichita6" <wichita6@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E79D3E90-8093-4B9F-B195-DF6C4C54ED0D@microsoft.com... >I am using Office 2000, and I'm trying to import excel data into ...

Running Macros On Startup of Excel
I would like to run an auto-update macro which runs when the Excel spreadsheet is opened. This is to refresh the source data from an Access Database. Does anybody know how the macro can be run in a similar way to an Autoexec macro in Access? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks, John Put it in the ThisWorkbook module within a workbook_open event -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "John Ortt" <JohnOrtt@Idontwantspamsonoreturnaddress.com> wrote in message news:419cacf3$1_1@baen1673807.greenlnk.net... > I would like to run an auto-update macro which run...

Pulling data into Excel "Too few Parameters"
When I pull data from Access into excel using the external source function, it always brings back an error message of "Too Few Parameters. Expected 1." How can I remedy this so that the data comes out? Thanks! On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 08:30:10 -0700, tyler.deutsch@gmail.com wrote: >When I pull data from Access into excel using the external source >function, it always brings back an error message of "Too Few >Parameters. Expected 1." > >How can I remedy this so that the data comes out? > > >Thanks! Sounds like you're pulling the data from Access...

The Publisher Template Contest
Information Here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/FX102395221033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ ...

Excel and Auto Save
When Excel is set up to Auto Save every ten minutes, does it only save if there is an error and the computer shuts down or should all of this information be saved. Example...we have a spreadsheet that is on our network. It is set up to autosave every 10 minutes. A particular user closed the May sheet that she was working on and when she went back in to it she lost everything that she had put in since 7 a.m. this morning. When she closed it, it did not ask her to save. She called our IS people and they said that Auto Save only works if the computer closes without being shut down properly....

Outlook locks up and downloads 2mb on dial up.
Every time on dialup to exchange 5.5 server with outlook 2000 it locks up and downloads 2mb before unlocking. This is not downloading a message it happens on multiple machines. please help ...

How to export policies to excel
Hello All, Our organization has an in-house security tool that generates a text file with lists of policies and violations. A VB script reads that text file and populates certain cells on an excel file. There is one column for each db and one row for each policy. All are SQL 2000 and 2005 version. New policies are not covered by the tool. So it needs to be tool+manual scrips, or PBM, maybe? I wonder if it can be done through Policy Based Management. I am not sure how easy to generate a similar excel file out of SQL Server policies. Has anyone used Powershell and/or Report...

Downloading More Than 1000 Headers
Using OE6 is there a way to download more than 1000 headers at one time? Thanks, John This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outl...

OWA Admin "Access Denied" error. Help!
We installed the OWA Administration utility on a Windows 2000 Server with SP4 installed. This server has IIS 5.0 installed and other web sites on the server are working fine. When we try and load OWA Admin, we get the errror listed below. I saw talk of a "Microsoft workaround" for this, but couldn't find the worka around myself. Below is the error. Server Error in '/OWAAdmin' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Access is denied. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current ...

Excel query
Hello: I have a fairly simple query task that I've been unable to find an answer to. I have a spreadsheet with the data arranged in five columns and a little over 600 rows. I am interested in finding the top five values that appear most often. I know you can use the MODE function to determine the most common value. I've been unable to devise a way to determine the other four most common values. Any help you can would be greatly appreciated. -- regards, bruce Bruce Von Deylen Pierceton, Ind. USA E-mail: brucevd<at>michiana<dot>org Put the...

Excel PivotCHarts
How do I convert a pivot table to a pivot chart My colleague Debra Dalgleish has posted this tutorial on my web site: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Pivots/pivotcharts.htm IMHO, pivot charts are a great idea whose time hasn't yet come. There is a limited choice of chart types, the chart can be formatted only in limited ways (you can't change the PLOT AREA!), the whole pivot table must be included, and whatever formatting you may have applied is obliterated when the pivot table is updated. I generally make regular charts from pivot table data. In Excel 97, whic...

How do I get MS Converter (download) to convert a Quatro V9 file?
I have downloaded the MS converter and installed it in MS Office folder. I am trying to convert a Quatro V. 9 (Word Perfect 2000) file. I am using Excel 2003 and have tried to open the file. It does not recognize the file format and does not appear to even look for the file conversion utility? Any help out there? ...

Cannot export Access 2007 reports to Excel 2007
I would really like to know whose bright idea it was to get rid of this feature in Access 2007. In Access 2002 and Access 2003, I created so many reports (Crosstab in particular with many many calculated fields that I could not do in the query) and have a macro export to excel with all the calculated fields and a parameter to pick the beginning date and the ending date from the reports that is THEN linked to another Excel spreadsheet that creates charts with automatic updates. Several of those spreadsheets have arrays that create charts when the data changes each month to more or less ...

How to open large HTML FILES IN EXCEL In quick Time
hi, i am using the following code to generate a xls file using the content type now when the user opnes the file at his pc it takes long time to open..if the no of records in file is large does the use of html tags has slow down the process of opening in excel... does speical care needs to be taken so that large html files open in excel quiclky..................... Please advise your feedback.... Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel" Response.Write("<basefont face=""Arial Narrow"" size = ""2"" color=""#00000...

Replication Errors
Hello, I have 5 branches with DCs on each location and the one with the all the FSMO role is our Corporate DC. I am having trouble clearing the replication errors from all 5 branches because when I type in "net view \\DC" I get a message that access was denied. My plan of action was: Shutdown all 5 DCs in each location then use ntdsutil to remove all of the 5 DCs instance from our Corporate DCs AD Clean out the DNS on the Corporate DC in reference to all 5 DCs. Bring up the 5 DCs and just connected to a hub not on the LAN, then dcpromo using /forceremoval switch...

Files to download!
I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that them could download the visitors. How it can be made? Publishing Web sites http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH063577001033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Charley" <Charley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:461B7DD5-5958-499A-9579-877F4B407ECB@microsoft.com... >I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that > them could download the visi...

Excel file downloaded via web
Hi, I downloaded an excel file from an .asp web page internet site. Once in local mode, this strange thing appens: all the cells, that contains data and numbers at video, seem to be empty when I try to edit a formula (e.s. Sum, Sort ...). Office version is the same on all machines (Office 2K sr1 9.0.3821 with no service packs), installed on Win2k Pro SP4.The most strange thing is that on some desktops with WinXP Pro in the same network environment, the file seems to work perfectly. Any suggestions, please? Thanks ...

Error Customizing Outlook today in Outlook XXP
This just started after i got locked out of my computer. When I opened Outlook XP I got this message box: CiceroUIWndFrame: OUTLOOK.EXE - Entry Point Not Found : The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL. I had Outlook set up to open on Outlook Today when the message appears. I have changed this so it opens to my inbox, but whenever I click on top of the tree, Outlook Today" it gives me the message above. Anyone have the foggiest idea how to fic this? ...

Creating a template
I have a file that I saved as an .xlt on a shared drive. When I test it from my PC, the file works fine - that is, it opens, I make my changes, and then when I hit "save", it asks me if I want to save my data and I say yes. It then asks me to name it as an .xls file and the .xlt stays intact. When I go to another machine and double click to open the template, it opens as an .xlt and they can save the modify the template and save it - NOT WHAT IS SUPPOSE TO HAPPEN! Can someone tell me what I did wrong??? Thanks! Right click the file on the two computers and see what the ...

When I download template where should it be downloaded to and sav.
I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and Excel templates. But I don't know where to download the templates to or where to save them to after they are downloaded. Can anyone tell me? Thanks. Normaly your templates should be in a directiry that you find in documents andsettings/yourname/apllication data/microsoft/templates When you load then you can copy them to this directory and all is done. Greetings from Brussels Belgium Dejola wrote: > I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and > Excel templates. But I don&#...

Kerberos errors & network problems after large email mailshot?
Hello all, and a happy new year! I wondered if I could get some ideas for what happened on a SBS 2003 server I look after last night. I was notified that there was a problem with the server, the client said they had sent a "large volume" of emails as a mailshot, subsequent to this they couldn't connect to the server. When I tried to get in, I couldn't connect to the server, but the computer which sent the emails was visible, online, and would let me connect in (using logmein). I could, from there, ping the server fine, but I could not issue a remote shut...

Transaction download problems
When I download from my bank there are several payees that always match to another payee but it is not the right one. For example JewelOsco grocery store always downloads as National Life. Both of these are active accounts. I also have a problem where a payee has completely disappeared and all of the data associated with it. I am the only user so it was not deleted by me. I continue to have problems with this particular payee - it is Marshall Fields but it has evaporated - any help appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, Bob wrote: >When I download from my bank there are seve...

Linking to Excel files
I can't use the "get external data" menu choice to link to or import an Excel spreadsheet. The Excel file type is simply not available. All I can link to are the various types of Access database(s). This problem started after I thought I had a virus and removed some files following advice from Microsoft. Since then I've been unable to link to or import these types of files. I've tried reloading Office 2000 but nothing seems to do the trick. Anybody got any ideas? Regards when you get the window that has your files listed you need to click on the down-arrow ...