double sided printing

At our office we have a printer that does double sided 
printing.  We are trying to set up our reports to print 
out double sided.  The problem that we seem to be having 
is that Excel treats each worksheet as a new print job and 
therefore we can not seem to find a way to get Excel to 
print one worksheet on one side of the page and the next 
worksheet on the other side.

If you have two pages in one worksheet then you can get 
those to print double sided but the problem there is that 
Excel then assigns these two pages the same page number.

So my question is this... Is there any way to get Excel to 
print double sided with each worksheet on one side, which 
may mean is there any way to get Excel to NOT treat each 
worksheet as a different print job?

Any help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Jeff Donahue
0
jedonahu (5)
9/3/2003 12:33:05 PM
excel.misc 78881 articles. 5 followers. Follow

5 Replies
464 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 17

Untested (I don't have a duplex printer to try it with):

What happens if you click on the first worksheet tab and ctrl-click on the
second.  Then print the selected sheets?

This is called grouping and you'll see that excel tries to warn you that your
worksheets are grouped by putting [Group] in the title bar.  Anything you do to
one of these grouped sheets, you do to the other.  So ungroup them (rightclick
on the tab|Ungroup sheets), before you do anything more.



Jeff Donahue wrote:
> 
> At our office we have a printer that does double sided
> printing.  We are trying to set up our reports to print
> out double sided.  The problem that we seem to be having
> is that Excel treats each worksheet as a new print job and
> therefore we can not seem to find a way to get Excel to
> print one worksheet on one side of the page and the next
> worksheet on the other side.
> 
> If you have two pages in one worksheet then you can get
> those to print double sided but the problem there is that
> Excel then assigns these two pages the same page number.
> 
> So my question is this... Is there any way to get Excel to
> print double sided with each worksheet on one side, which
> may mean is there any way to get Excel to NOT treat each
> worksheet as a different print job?
> 
> Any help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
> 
> Thanks in advance
> 
> Jeff Donahue

-- 

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)
9/3/2003 2:30:48 PM
Yeah, we tried this but what ends up happening is that you 
get each worksheet printed on a separate piece of paper.  
Excel treats each worksheet in a workbook as a separate 
print job, which is really where my problem lies and I am 
trying to find a way to bypass this.

Thanks

Jeff

>-----Original Message-----
>Untested (I don't have a duplex printer to try it with):
>
>What happens if you click on the first worksheet tab and 
ctrl-click on the
>second.  Then print the selected sheets?
>
>This is called grouping and you'll see that excel tries 
to warn you that your
>worksheets are grouped by putting [Group] in the title 
bar.  Anything you do to
>one of these grouped sheets, you do to the other.  So 
ungroup them (rightclick
>on the tab|Ungroup sheets), before you do anything more.
>
>
>
>Jeff Donahue wrote:
>> 
>> At our office we have a printer that does double sided
>> printing.  We are trying to set up our reports to print
>> out double sided.  The problem that we seem to be having
>> is that Excel treats each worksheet as a new print job 
and
>> therefore we can not seem to find a way to get Excel to
>> print one worksheet on one side of the page and the next
>> worksheet on the other side.
>> 
>> If you have two pages in one worksheet then you can get
>> those to print double sided but the problem there is 
that
>> Excel then assigns these two pages the same page number.
>> 
>> So my question is this... Is there any way to get Excel 
to
>> print double sided with each worksheet on one side, 
which
>> may mean is there any way to get Excel to NOT treat each
>> worksheet as a different print job?
>> 
>> Any help that you can provide would be greatly 
appreciated.
>> 
>> Thanks in advance
>> 
>> Jeff Donahue
>
>-- 
>
>Dave Peterson
>ec35720@msn.com
>.
>
0
jedonahu (5)
9/3/2003 3:31:44 PM
I just grouped two worksheets.  I hit the print button.  I looked at the print
queue and saw one print job.


Jeff Donahue wrote:
> 
> Yeah, we tried this but what ends up happening is that you
> get each worksheet printed on a separate piece of paper.
> Excel treats each worksheet in a workbook as a separate
> print job, which is really where my problem lies and I am
> trying to find a way to bypass this.
> 
> Thanks
> 
> Jeff
> 
> >-----Original Message-----
> >Untested (I don't have a duplex printer to try it with):
> >
> >What happens if you click on the first worksheet tab and
> ctrl-click on the
> >second.  Then print the selected sheets?
> >
> >This is called grouping and you'll see that excel tries
> to warn you that your
> >worksheets are grouped by putting [Group] in the title
> bar.  Anything you do to
> >one of these grouped sheets, you do to the other.  So
> ungroup them (rightclick
> >on the tab|Ungroup sheets), before you do anything more.
> >
> >
> >
> >Jeff Donahue wrote:
> >>
> >> At our office we have a printer that does double sided
> >> printing.  We are trying to set up our reports to print
> >> out double sided.  The problem that we seem to be having
> >> is that Excel treats each worksheet as a new print job
> and
> >> therefore we can not seem to find a way to get Excel to
> >> print one worksheet on one side of the page and the next
> >> worksheet on the other side.
> >>
> >> If you have two pages in one worksheet then you can get
> >> those to print double sided but the problem there is
> that
> >> Excel then assigns these two pages the same page number.
> >>
> >> So my question is this... Is there any way to get Excel
> to
> >> print double sided with each worksheet on one side,
> which
> >> may mean is there any way to get Excel to NOT treat each
> >> worksheet as a different print job?
> >>
> >> Any help that you can provide would be greatly
> appreciated.
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance
> >>
> >> Jeff Donahue
> >
> >--
> >
> >Dave Peterson
> >ec35720@msn.com
> >.
> >

-- 

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)
9/3/2003 3:35:25 PM
Yes, it treats it as one print job but treats each 
worksheet as a separate page for some reason.


>-----Original Message-----
>I just grouped two worksheets.  I hit the print button.  
I looked at the print
>queue and saw one print job.
>
>
>Jeff Donahue wrote:
>> 
>> Yeah, we tried this but what ends up happening is that 
you
>> get each worksheet printed on a separate piece of paper.
>> Excel treats each worksheet in a workbook as a separate
>> print job, which is really where my problem lies and I 
am
>> trying to find a way to bypass this.
>> 
>> Thanks
>> 
>> Jeff
>> 
>> >-----Original Message-----
>> >Untested (I don't have a duplex printer to try it 
with):
>> >
>> >What happens if you click on the first worksheet tab 
and
>> ctrl-click on the
>> >second.  Then print the selected sheets?
>> >
>> >This is called grouping and you'll see that excel tries
>> to warn you that your
>> >worksheets are grouped by putting [Group] in the title
>> bar.  Anything you do to
>> >one of these grouped sheets, you do to the other.  So
>> ungroup them (rightclick
>> >on the tab|Ungroup sheets), before you do anything 
more.
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >Jeff Donahue wrote:
>> >>
>> >> At our office we have a printer that does double 
sided
>> >> printing.  We are trying to set up our reports to 
print
>> >> out double sided.  The problem that we seem to be 
having
>> >> is that Excel treats each worksheet as a new print 
job
>> and
>> >> therefore we can not seem to find a way to get Excel 
to
>> >> print one worksheet on one side of the page and the 
next
>> >> worksheet on the other side.
>> >>
>> >> If you have two pages in one worksheet then you can 
get
>> >> those to print double sided but the problem there is
>> that
>> >> Excel then assigns these two pages the same page 
number.
>> >>
>> >> So my question is this... Is there any way to get 
Excel
>> to
>> >> print double sided with each worksheet on one side,
>> which
>> >> may mean is there any way to get Excel to NOT treat 
each
>> >> worksheet as a different print job?
>> >>
>> >> Any help that you can provide would be greatly
>> appreciated.
>> >>
>> >> Thanks in advance
>> >>
>> >> Jeff Donahue
>> >
>> >--
>> >
>> >Dave Peterson
>> >ec35720@msn.com
>> >.
>> >
>
>-- 
>
>Dave Peterson
>ec35720@msn.com
>.
>
0
jedonahu (5)
9/3/2003 4:51:18 PM
Jeff Donahue wrote:

> At our office we have a printer that does double sided 
> printing.  We are trying to set up our reports to print 
> out double sided.  The problem that we seem to be having 
> is that Excel treats each worksheet as a new print job and 
> therefore we can not seem to find a way to get Excel to 
> print one worksheet on one side of the page and the next 
> worksheet on the other side. ...
> 
> ... Is there any way to get Excel ... NOT treat each 
> worksheet as a different print job?
> 
> Any help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

With Excel alone, I don't know a solution.

But there's a separate program, FinePrint, from
  http://www.fineprint.com/
that (among its many features) merges multiple print jobs.
0
9/4/2003 6:52:19 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

printing a directory #2
When I print the directory I made using merge, the document doesnt print in the order shown on the screen. I want the directory to print landscape and be folded booklet style, but the print order seems random. Help! -- slwsmith What version Publisher are you using? How are you setting up the data? If you are using Publisher 2003 or 07 use the catalog merge and designate one across. You can also create a new publication and manually edit the entries. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "slwsmith" <slwsmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C0423C3-...

double quotes
Hello, Because of limitations in my finance program, I'll periodically export the data to a text file, import the text file to Excel, where I manipulate the data as required. I then reverse the steps, saving the Excel file as text, then import the new text file back to my finance program. It all works Ok except for one thing - the amounts are stored in the program with a T in front, e.g., 100.00 would be T100.00. The problem is with larger amounts that involve a comma, such as 1,000.00 which would be T1,000.00. Excel insists on saving it with double quotes around it, "T1,000.00&q...

Print #4
How to print a document without printing the page breaks Hi not sure what you mean with this. you have some pagebreaks anyway? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany BB_queen wrote: > How to print a document without printing the page breaks Maybe you could just remove the pagebreaks before you print. I'd save the workbook the way I really want it, remove the pagebreaks, print, then close without saving (to restore the pagebreaks). BB_queen wrote: > > How to print a document without printing the page breaks -- Dave Peterson ...

Double email
Keep getting duplicate email? No where to find out how to change that, nothing in options or custom. Nothing in your post to help anyone try to help you. Version of Outlook? Type of account? How many? Did this always happen? When did it start? What did you change just before it started happening? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Barbra <b.kostka@att.net> asked: | Keep getting duplicate email? No where to find out how to | change that, nothing in options or cu...

GDI+ Save Background and Printing
Hi, I'm using GDI+ for devoloping a Graph XY object. I use a graphics associated to a bitmap Graphics graphics(dc->m_hDC); Bitmap bmpZone(rZone.Width(), rZone.Height()); Graphics* gZone = Graphics::FromImage(&bmpZone); and I draw into gZone then I "paste" into original graphics. graphics.DrawImage(&bmpZone, 0, 0) I have two kinds of problems 1) I'd like to use transparency so, I think, I need to save the background of the area before start painting (I need to repaint because I allow the user to zoom certain part of the graph). Is this the right way ...

Visio Hyperlinks
Hi - currently using Visio and would like to save the workflow as a template for others to 'save as' and execute - need to know if the hyperlinks will work within the template and also whether or the current hyperlinks require a 'right click' to execute???? Would like to execute using double click feature? Any advice would be GREAT!! Thanks..../d If you have a Hyperlink on a Shape, then change the formula in the EventDblClick cell in the spreadsheet to =HYPERLINK(Hyperlink.Row_1.Address) "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E...

Creating a Line Chart with double Y Axis
Would be possible to create a Line Chart with double Y Axis on th Chart? The X axis is date and Y axis will be the value. Thannks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select a series that you want on the secondary axis Choose Format>Selected Data Series On the Axis tab, select Secondary Click OK parker_yuan < wrote: > Would be possible to create a Line Chart with double Y Axis on the > Chart? The X axis is date and Y axis will be the value. Thannks. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

printing checks with account name and number
I can not seem to figure out how to print checks and have the account name, number and the bank it is drawn on printed on the check. HELP! See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=39. "Lynn" <lwalk3@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3b5f01c4729c$e2f554d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I can not seem to figure out how to print checks and have > the account name, number and the bank it is drawn on > printed on the check. > HELP! ...

WLM sending duplicate (double) emails
I have an annoying issue with WLM version 14.0.8089.0726 running on W7. Sometimes I send a mail from my MSN.com account and it sits in my Outbox for hours until I close WLM and then reopen it. This results in the mails in the Outbox being sent twice; in the "Account" column for one message it says my MSN mailbox name, and on the duplicate message the "Account" column is blank. Is anyone else having this issue? In Tools|Options on the Send tab, is the "Send messages immediately" box checked? -- Patrick P. www.boydcomputersvcs.com "...

printing invoices to pdf files
I want to print invoices to pdf files using Access. The data will come from my SQL tables that are part of my business software. I want to make pdf files out of the invoices so I can email them to customers as they are requesting. What I want to do is print the invoices as usual in the business software and then have Access 'print' them to individual pdf files (by invoice number). I was thinking I could have a do while or something like that in code to do that. Can someone point me in the right direction? I can do the report layout and have made pdf files before using ConvertRepo...

Double the Attachments
Any idea why some of our emails have two copies of each attachment? At first I thought it was a sender fluke, but have recently noticed that some of our own sent e-mail messages, but not all, end up in the 'Sent Mail' folder with twice the attachments they had when originally sent. Do we have an errant setting that could be causing this anomaly? ...

cell header for each page print out
Hi - I want to be able to have a row of cells to be a header row for each page - I want this row of cells to align with the column.. I looked at the Header feature but it did not allign with the cells... How do I get a row header (aligned with the cell columns) to print out for each page? Thanks brent Brent File>Page Setup>Sheet>Rows to Repeat at Top Enter 1:1 or just point to row 1. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 11:31:27 -0800, "Brent" <sagemaster@mvdsl.com> wrote: >Hi - I want to be able to have a row of cells to be a header row f...

why does excel scale picture when printing?
when printing, pictures come out of printer deformed, i.e. scaled disproportionaly - with more wide than tall. why is it so? is there some tool where I might stop it? it may be just excess background on your picture that your printer preference may be trying to get to fit on that one page. Try cropping by using the format picture until you can see excel gridlines on all four sides. Check with print preview. Also may need to adjust page breaks. "kkrpan" wrote: > when printing, pictures come out of printer deformed, i.e. scaled > disproportionaly - with more wide than ta...

Can I replace the attachment file when double chick attachment?
I want to replace the attachment when double chick the attachment. I use outlook form to do it. Beause attachment read in outlook is not a cancelable event, I can't do it directly. I found outlook always store attachments file in directory: "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK*". So if I want to replace the attachment when user double chick the attachment, I can repalce the attachment file(will display) in that directory. I have some test, outlook allow me do that. But I meet two question: First: the directory is different with each user, I always start wi...

Owner-draw checkbox and Double-click
Hello, I have an owner drawn checkbox (see my post "Checkboxes: SetCheck() and BS_OWNERDRAW", 8/18/2003). It works great whether the user clicks on it or hits the space bar when it has the focus. However, when the user double-clicks the checkbox and tabs to another control, a heavy black rectangle is left behind. I noticed that this related to my usage of DrawFocusRect() in my DrawItem() function, but I cannot figure out how to properly address the problem. DrawFocusRect is called in two different places in DrawItem(): if( lpDrawItemStruct->itemAction == ODA_DRAWENTIRE ) { ...

Printing Error
Tried printing an address list and received the following eror message: PCL XL error Subsystem: TEXT Error: Illegal Character Data Operator: ReadChar Position: 62 Any suggestions on how to resolve this will be appreciated. thanks. BC <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Tried printing an address list and received the following > eror message: > PCL XL error > Subsystem: TEXT > Error: Illegal Character Data > Operator: ReadChar > Position: 62 > Any suggestions on how to resolve this will be > appreciated. thanks. Sounds like a print driver iss...

Z Report to not print departments with zero sales
Hello All! How do I amend a z report to not print departments if the sales are zero. We have 192 departments but only a the sales seem to fall in a small portion... Thanks. And thanks for all the help I've received...your suggestions have made this much more bearable for me! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0621_01C7AECC.0F55A160 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ZCSF, Download one from here, all the way at the bottom = http://tinyurl.com/4gdbu Must have access to CustomerSource --=20 J...

Emails Doubling
People are receiving doubles of my emails. Why is this? Sometimes I receive doubles of others' emails also. "pammor" <pammor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE3A796F-FC12-4712-9510-8163FB406E73@microsoft.com... > People are receiving doubles of my emails. Why is this? Sometimes I > receive > doubles of others' emails also. Go to the Tools menu>Accounts> ensure that you do not have your account set up twice, if so remove one instance of it. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.getsafeonline.org...

double-click in between two rows or two columns
How to avoid cursor jumping around to different positions when I double-click in between two rows or two column ? Thanks Hi This is a feature of Excel! When you double click the border of the selected cell, the cursor will go to the edge of the contiguous data on the sheet. It's very useful for jumping to the start/end of data. I don't know of a way to disable it. -- Andy. "Ben" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:bf5d01c4382c$a19b1bf0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How to avoid cursor jumping around to different positions > when I double-c...

how can i print my worksheets as book
i have project which consist of ten workbooks each contaning 12 worksheets. i would like to link them all togother, for seaching purposes. i would also like to print each workbook as book ie each worksheet on differrent page. can this be enbloc or will i have to print each sheet separetly cheers I don't know an easy way to merge all the workbooks without doing some VBA work. But you can print all the sheets in a workbook by highlighting the first sheet tab, hold down CTRL, then click the last sheet tab. Then Print. Each sheet will start a new page and use it's own page setup...

Printing With XxcelViewer
I download and install ExcelViewer, but when i try to print a file (without open it), it always ask me to choose what file that wants to print. is there any workaround ? ...

Print Memo instead of Category?
I'm trying out Money2004, and don't need to use the pre-programmed categories. I just want to add a specific memo note to each credit card or check entry. But when I print, it doesn't seem to print Memos. Just categories. Is there some way I can get it to print the Memo and not the Category? In microsoft.public.money, Terry Wise wrote: >I'm trying out Money2004, and don't need to use the pre-programmed >categories. I just want to add a specific memo note to each credit card or >check entry. But when I print, it doesn't seem to print Memos. Just >ca...

How to place menu resorce on right side...
Hi Could anybody please tell me about how to place menu resource on right side of dialog based application. Similarly how to change the minimize,maximize and stop button on title bar from Right to left. Thanks in advance Mujtaba This might help http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/msdn/faq.aspx AliR. "Mujtaba" <tomujtaba@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:8f4f92aa.0411300452.27cd226@posting.google.com... > Hi > > Could anybody please tell me about how to place menu resource on right > side of dialog based application. > > Similarly how to change the mi...

suppress rows when printing
Hi, I've got a worksheet designed to do estimates (for products). It's set-up for the largest possible number of items included in a quote for calculation purposes. Product line/rows includes description, quantity, price, line total. The end users are sales people, with end viewer being the customer. I'd like to *automatically* suppress any unused product lines/rows when printing. How do I do this??? Is it even possible? FYI - I've also tried working with 2 documents (one master, one for the sales guys to input items/qty/price) and various functions to no avail.....

Double calendar entries
Hello - We are using Outlook 2003. When I get meeting requests - if I accept the request, I get double entries on my calendar. If I decline, I am left with one entry with it saying "You have not responded to this request" but it's still on my calendar... Any help? Thanks Doug ...