double line spacing using excel 2000

I have a paragraph of writing, how do i get the text to be double line
spaced? I am using excel 2000.
0
Dan4650 (795)

Excel doesn't have a line spacing setting. You could add line breaks by
pressing Alt+Enter at the end of a line, then another Alt+Enter to
create a blank line.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
3/21/2005 12:55:35 PM
Does this aply to newer versions of excel?

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

> Excel doesn't have a line spacing setting. You could add line breaks by
> pressing Alt+Enter at the end of a line, then another Alt+Enter to
> create a blank line.
>
> Dan wrote:
> > I have a paragraph of writing, how do i get the text to be double line
> > spaced? I am using excel 2000.
>

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Dan4650 (795)
3/21/2005 1:25:01 PM
Yes, in newer versions of Excel you'd have to add manual line breaks to
simulate double spacing.

In any version, you could insert a Word Document (Insert>Object), and
use its formatting features.

Dan wrote:
> Does this aply to newer versions of excel?
>
> "Debra Dalgleish" wrote:
>

>>Excel doesn't have a line spacing setting. You could add line breaks by
>>pressing Alt+Enter at the end of a line, then another Alt+Enter to
>>create a blank line.
>>
>>Dan wrote:
>>
>>>I have a paragraph of writing, how do i get the text to be double line
>>>spaced? I am using excel 2000.
>>

>>--
>>Debra Dalgleish
>>Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
dsd1 (5911)
3/21/2005 1:46:50 PM
i double spaced the paragraph in word then imported it into excel. The
paragraph went back to single spaced!!

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

> Yes, in newer versions of Excel you'd have to add manual line breaks to
> simulate double spacing.
>
> In any version, you could insert a Word Document (Insert>Object), and
> use its formatting features.
>
> Dan wrote:
> > Does this aply to newer versions of excel?
> >
> > "Debra Dalgleish" wrote:
> >

> >>Excel doesn't have a line spacing setting. You could add line breaks by
> >>pressing Alt+Enter at the end of a line, then another Alt+Enter to
> >>create a blank line.

> >>--
> >>Debra Dalgleish
> >>Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
> >>http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
> >>

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Dan4650 (795)
3/21/2005 3:09:02 PM
In Word, you have settings for line spacing, which apply to the space that is
added between lines when the document is viewed or printed. Excel, being a
spreadsheet program and not a word processor, doesn't have this setting. I
believe the closest you'll come is to set the alignment for the cell to Wrap
Text, and the vertical alignment to Justify. Then you can increase the row
height and get the appearance of "double spacing" within the cell. But if you
have some cells in the row that need, say, 5 lines, with others that need only
2, the latter cells will have much more space between lines than the former.

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 07:09:02 -0800, Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>i double spaced the paragraph in word then imported it into excel. The
>paragraph went back to single spaced!!
>
>"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:
>
>> Yes, in newer versions of Excel you'd have to add manual line breaks to
>> simulate double spacing.
>>
>> In any version, you could insert a Word Document (Insert>Object), and
>> use its formatting features.
>>
>> Dan wrote:
>> > Does this aply to newer versions of excel?

>> --
>> Debra Dalgleish
>> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
>> http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
anonymous (74725)
3/21/2005 9:44:43 PM
How did you import it?

In Word, create and save a document with the formatting you want
   (a maximum of 1 page will display in Excel)
In Excel, you could choose Insert>Object
Select the 'Create from file' tab
Click the Browse button
Find and select the Word document that you created.
Click the Insert button
Click OK

Dan wrote:
> i double spaced the paragraph in word then imported it into excel. The
> paragraph went back to single spaced!!
>
> "Debra Dalgleish" wrote:
>

>>Yes, in newer versions of Excel you'd have to add manual line breaks to
>>simulate double spacing.
>>
>>In any version, you could insert a Word Document (Insert>Object), and
>>use its formatting features.
>>
>>Dan wrote:
>>
>>>Does this aply to newer versions of excel?

>>--
>>Debra Dalgleish
>>Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
dsd1 (5911)
3/21/2005 10:29:37 PM
Debra D, Thank you for solving my problem

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

> How did you import it?
>
> In Word, create and save a document with the formatting you want
>    (a maximum of 1 page will display in Excel)
> In Excel, you could choose Insert>Object
> Select the 'Create from file' tab
> Click the Browse button
> Find and select the Word document that you created.
> Click the Insert button
> Click OK
>
> Dan wrote:
> > i double spaced the paragraph in word then imported it into excel. The
> > paragraph went back to single spaced!!
> >
> > "Debra Dalgleish" wrote:
> >

> >>Yes, in newer versions of Excel you'd have to add manual line breaks to
> >>simulate double spacing.
> >>
> >>In any version, you could insert a Word Document (Insert>Object), and
> >>use its formatting features.

> >>--
> >>Debra Dalgleish
> >>Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
> >>http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
> >>

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Dan4650 (795)
3/22/2005 12:15:02 PM
You're welcome. Thanks for letting me know that it solved the problem.

Dan wrote:
> Debra D, Thank you for solving my problem
>
> "Debra Dalgleish" wrote:
>

>>How did you import it?
>>
>>In Word, create and save a document with the formatting you want
>>   (a maximum of 1 page will display in Excel)
>>In Excel, you could choose Insert>Object
>>Select the 'Create from file' tab
>>Click the Browse button
>>Find and select the Word document that you created.
>>Click the Insert button
>>Click OK
>>
>>Dan wrote:
>>
>>>i double spaced the paragraph in word then imported it into excel. The
>>>paragraph went back to single spaced!!

>>--
>>Debra Dalgleish
>>Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
dsd1 (5911)

Public Holiday Import Outlook 2000
Hi guys, does anyone know if there is a patch to download the public holidays for 2010 and beyond for a standalone Version of 2000? Many Thanks See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/missinghol.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outlook do y...

Excel
I'm trying to create a "drop down list" but don't know how to validate, define and/or create a source box. Trying to follow the instructions using the "help" featur, but I'm still confused. Thanks! Go to Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html And scroll down to the D's, and there is an entire collection of pages on Data Validation which will show you how to create and manage drop-down boxes using that function. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all corre...

double quotes
Hello, Because of limitations in my finance program, I'll periodically export the data to a text file, import the text file to Excel, where I manipulate the data as required. I then reverse the steps, saving the Excel file as text, then import the new text file back to my finance program. It all works Ok except for one thing - the amounts are stored in the program with a T in front, e.g., 100.00 would be T100.00. The problem is with larger amounts that involve a comma, such as 1,000.00 which would be T1,000.00. Excel insists on saving it with double quotes around it, "T1,000.00&q...

Add a line guide to Excel so that no matter what column you're wo.
When working in Excel I often have to look for a certain cell, then write down the info and then go back to the cell next to it, and it can be very confusing. I often confuse rows especially when working with numbers. Excel should have an option on the view menu to add a guideline like you would use on a document holder. It would shade the entire row you're selecting as you use the up/down arrow to move through rows. While the whole row is shaded, the current cell would be outlined just as it is normally so you know which cell you're actually in. This could also be used with...

dashed line after print preview
Does anyone know how to clear the dashed line that appears where the page breaks after you click Print Preview and then close Print Preview and go back to Normal View? Thanks. Save the file, close it, then open it again if it's really distracting for you. Hope this helps. Pete On Mar 5, 12:41=A0am, hawaiiham2000 <hawaiiham2...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how to clear the dashed line that appears where the page > breaks after you click Print Preview and then close Print Preview and go = back > to Normal View? > > Thanks...

Double email
Keep getting duplicate email? No where to find out how to change that, nothing in options or custom. Nothing in your post to help anyone try to help you. Version of Outlook? Type of account? How many? Did this always happen? When did it start? What did you change just before it started happening? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Barbra <b.kostka@att.net> asked: | Keep getting duplicate email? No where to find out how to | change that, nothing in options or cu...

Receiving lines missing
I have a receiving for a partial amount of the PO but there are no receiving lines to match. When I try to edit the PO I get the error that the PO is currently saved in a purchasing batch, but there are no batches in the system. In the tables POP30300 there is a receiving # but there are no lines to match in POP30310. How can I fix this error? No one can invoice on this PO because it shows as received but won't list the receipt lines. Have you run checklinks and reconcile yet? That would be the first thing to try to see if it resolves the issue. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast...

Importing a web page to excell
Is there any way, other than copy & paste, to copy a web page into excell using a program? Thank yoy, Gordon Browser: File => Save Excel: File => Open "Gordon" <gwelch1938@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1170894026.149526.299210@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way, other than copy & paste, to copy a web page into > excell using a program? > > Thank yoy, > > Gordon > try placing your cursor in the table on the web site you want>right click>import to microsoft excel. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@a...

Using Bound Control right
I know this is a basic access 101 question, but for some reason I am stumped with how to get it to work. I have access 2002. I have 2 tables. One called mbrinfo which contains various data and has an id (mbrid) as the primary key. The 2nd table is employers which has an employer id (empid) as the primary key and a employer name (empname) as the 2nd column. I am creating forms for input. The employer table is empty of data at the moment. The form will have fields for both the empid and the empname values. I need to be able to type in the empid and name on the form and ha...

insert 'x' number of rows in excel
Hi, I'm looking to insert 'x' no. of rows into an excel document where 'x' is the result of a 'countA' function. Is this possible? Hi# only possible with VBA. Would this be feasible for you? >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >I'm looking to insert 'x' no. of rows into an excel document where 'x' is >the result of a 'countA' function. > >Is this possible? >. > Yes VBA is feasible "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi# > only possible with VBA. Would this be feasible for you? > > >-----Original ...

Double the Attachments
Any idea why some of our emails have two copies of each attachment? At first I thought it was a sender fluke, but have recently noticed that some of our own sent e-mail messages, but not all, end up in the 'Sent Mail' folder with twice the attachments they had when originally sent. Do we have an errant setting that could be causing this anomaly? ...

Chart confidence intervals around regression (or trend) line
Okay, it seems like this should be simple, but I can't figure it out...how can I develop (and chart) 95% confidence interval lines around a trend line in a regression scatter plot? The regression summary output table includes values for the lower and upper 95%, but I can't figure out how to make use of this information. And the stuff in Help on the CONFIDENCE() function is no help at all. XL97, WIN XP. tia, LeAnne See http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/RegressionAnalysisConfidence2.htm best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from e...

Using "IF" in a Formula
If I enter the word "bounced" in one cell can I trigger a value in another cell ($500.00) to become a negative number (-$500.00)? Regrads, Corey Brock =IF(A1="bounced",-500,500) or if the 500 is from another cell =IF(A1="bounced",-H5,H5) The formula has to be in the cell that is to change. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ----...

netlogon using wrong DC
I have an odd scenario. I have a DC (win2003 but ADPREP'd to 2008) we'll call DC1 that needs to be turned off. Because of the odd scenario, DC2 has forcefully taken over FSMO roles from DC1. All references to DC1 have been removed in AD and DNS. As far as DC2 knows, DC1 doesn't exist. Similarly, DC1 doesn't have any data about DC2 (had some stale data which I've removed). DC1 and DC2 are on different subnets and firewall rules prevent them from contacting each other. I have a couple production servers that still authenticate against DC1 (in the same subn...

Cells & Lines
Hi, It's been a while since last I used Excel and the problem is that I forgot how to make lines :confused: . What I mean is I remember that when I click on the bottom, top, right or left of a cell then comes a line so you can create columns, boxes or whatever! It's been already two days trying to make these lines but I really can't. So my question, is there any help? Thanks in advance, foxy291 ;) -- foxy291 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ foxy291's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25893 Vie...

all the cells in excell put 2 decimal points in all numbers no ma.
i have to put 5 diget numbers in excel i format the cell to general and i get a number with 2 decimal points for me to enter 68555 i have to enter it as 68555.00 to get it to due away with the decimal point i reinstalled excel 2ooo but i can't seam to get it to go back to what it use to be. this problem justed popped up . never did this before Sounds like you need to turn off fixed decimals, if I understand your problem. Use Tools/Options/Edit and deselect Fixed Decimals. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "carroll616" <carroll616@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E...

Visio Hyperlinks
Hi - currently using Visio and would like to save the workflow as a template for others to 'save as' and execute - need to know if the hyperlinks will work within the template and also whether or the current hyperlinks require a 'right click' to execute???? Would like to execute using double click feature? Any advice would be GREAT!! Thanks..../d If you have a Hyperlink on a Shape, then change the formula in the EventDblClick cell in the spreadsheet to =HYPERLINK(Hyperlink.Row_1.Address) "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E...

data export to excel
Is there anyway to efficiently export hours from the calendar columns in the resource usage view directly to an excel spreadsheet. It appears these columns can't be mapped and cut and paste is way too slow. In article <1DA41D75-6005-49F2-B270-F0807E978295@microsoft.com>, Irene <Irene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there anyway to efficiently export hours from the calendar columns in the > resource usage view directly to an excel spreadsheet. It appears these > columns can't be mapped and cut and paste is way too slow. Irene, Well, the m...

BCC recipient Limit using Exchange 2003
Can anyone tell me what the recipient limit is for BCC using exchange 2003 and how to increase it if possible ...

Creating a Line Chart with double Y Axis
Would be possible to create a Line Chart with double Y Axis on th Chart? The X axis is date and Y axis will be the value. Thannks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select a series that you want on the secondary axis Choose Format>Selected Data Series On the Axis tab, select Secondary Click OK parker_yuan < wrote: > Would be possible to create a Line Chart with double Y Axis on the > Chart? The X axis is date and Y axis will be the value. Thannks. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Problem: excel 97 open a second spreadsheet
Hello, I am experiencing a problem with excel 97. When I have a spreadsheet already open and I open another one, the second one appears not clearly, its rows being cut in half. Can you tell me what it can be? Thanks ...

negative numbers on line chart
When creating a line chart the negative numbers appear below the X labbels. I do know how to change a bar chart to place the X labels below the bars rather than in the middel, but I can't figure it out for a line chart. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Ann I found my answer. I went to http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip008.htm, "ann" wrote: > When creating a line chart the negative numbers appear below the > X labbels. I do know how to change a bar chart to place the X labels below > the bars rather than in the middel, but I can't figure it out f...

Setting Email options when using Data Collection via Email
I am using a macro to initiate the Data Collection via Email routine and I would like to add a reminder to the email before it is sent to the recipients. When using the collect new data option in the wizard, it allows this as you have to type in the recipient address into outlook. When using the update existing data option in the wizard the email is automatically sent therefore bypassing the opportunity. Is there any way achieve this when updating existing data? thank you, Michael ...

explorer pops up automatically after openning excel or word doc...
Hello: I have a users, call them rso and lso, that only on this system this odd thing happens (using his account, this issue does not exist for admin account). I have tried the same steps on another system and same accounts, but can not repeat the problem... here is the issue: when either of them opens NT explorer then double clicks either Excel or word (the only 2 that I tried so far), the application opens, and about 4 secs later, the explorer window pops up in front of the application... very strange. Does anyone know what is causing this and how to fix it? TIA ...

Outlook wont start, even as I had previously used it on the same l
Recently had a system crash occasioned by impatience with a Windows update. After two weeks of tinkering, decided to reformat laptop back to factory settings. Since HP restore will not work, had to reinstall most sofware programs including Norton 360 and Office 2007Plus. Thereafter, most of my files were recovered from the most recent Norton 360 backup. Problem now is that all units of Office 2007 works perfectly except Outlook. It wont just start. All suggestions to repair Office installation or Outlook failed. Anyone with a similar problem and solution out there? Please help. ...