Double click to send cell to another app?

I have NO clue how this is done, or even if it is an excel command...

But I have a spreadsheet that work has sent me that if I double click on any
cell in the A column, it captures that cell data and sends it to another
window then does an Enter command.

I have looked all through the spreadsheet and I can't find any macro at all,
or anything that might do this.  I doubt it is another application because I
setup another spreadsheet to mimic it, and it will not do it, so it has to be
tied to that spreadsheet somehow.

Does anyone have any clue how this works, or if it is not excel, what might
do this?

I am running MS Office 2007 on an XP machine. The only windows open are
Outlook, two web browsers and one excel spreadsheet.

Thoughts?

Hi,

Have you checked for 'Event' code? Right click the 'offending' sheet tab,
view code and have a look in there on the right.
--
Mike

question.

"Mike Wheeler" wrote:

> I have NO clue how this is done, or even if it is an excel command...
>
> But I have a spreadsheet that work has sent me that if I double click on any
> cell in the A column, it captures that cell data and sends it to another
> window then does an Enter command.
>
> I have looked all through the spreadsheet and I can't find any macro at all,
> or anything that might do this.  I doubt it is another application because I
> setup another spreadsheet to mimic it, and it will not do it, so it has to be
> tied to that spreadsheet somehow.
>
> Does anyone have any clue how this works, or if it is not excel, what might
> do this?
>
> I am running MS Office 2007 on an XP machine. The only windows open are
> Outlook, two web browsers and one excel spreadsheet.
>
> Thoughts?
YOU DA MAN!!!

Mike H, once again you don't let me down.

Thanks boss!  I found the code right where you said.  I never thought to
look there!

*dances*

"Mike H" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Have you checked for 'Event' code? Right click the 'offending' sheet tab,
> view code and have a look in there on the right.
> --
> Mike

> question.
>

> "Mike Wheeler" wrote:
>
> > I have NO clue how this is done, or even if it is an excel command...
> >
> > But I have a spreadsheet that work has sent me that if I double click on any
> > cell in the A column, it captures that cell data and sends it to another
> > window then does an Enter command.
> >
> > I have looked all through the spreadsheet and I can't find any macro at all,
> > or anything that might do this.  I doubt it is another application because I
> > setup another spreadsheet to mimic it, and it will not do it, so it has to be
> > tied to that spreadsheet somehow.
> >
> > Does anyone have any clue how this works, or if it is not excel, what might
> > do this?
> >
> > I am running MS Office 2007 on an XP machine. The only windows open are
> > Outlook, two web browsers and one excel spreadsheet.
> >
> > Thoughts?

double quotes
Hello, Because of limitations in my finance program, I'll periodically export the data to a text file, import the text file to Excel, where I manipulate the data as required. I then reverse the steps, saving the Excel file as text, then import the new text file back to my finance program. It all works Ok except for one thing - the amounts are stored in the program with a T in front, e.g., 100.00 would be T100.00. The problem is with larger amounts that involve a comma, such as 1,000.00 which would be T1,000.00. Excel insists on saving it with double quotes around it, "T1,000.00&q...

filename.pst could not be accessed because another workstation...
Hello all! I keep getting this error message from different users across multilple domains when trying to access their *.pst files from their machines using outlook. I have tried all kinds of things, yet I cannot resolve this. The problem started happening a couple of weeks ago and is still present. We have tried permissions, registry settings (for file locks), etc. This problem even happens when we create a brand new *.pst file and try to write to it for the very first time after creating. Any Ideas.... Thanks. try creating, closing outlook then opening ? N "OIT" <oit...

Worksheet_Activate not working for multiple cells
So I have a macro that runs when Sheet1 is opened that resizes cells in my selected ranges. Unfortunately, it only seems to resize the first cell in the range and not the others ... any ideas? Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() Dim myCell As Range For Each myCell In Me.Range("b1:b3", "b5:b8").Cells myCell.Select Dim CurrentRowHeight As Single, MergedCellRgWidth As Single Dim CurrCell As Range Dim ActiveCellWidth As Single, PossNewRowHeight As Single If ActiveCell.MergeCells Then With ActiveCell.MergeArea If .Rows.Count = 1 And .WrapText = True...

clicker that advances one number per click in a cell
Hi, I'm new to the newsgroup. I hope that someone can help me with a small challenge. After reading the through the help sections, I just can't figure it out. How can I add a "clicker", where every time that I click on a button on a sheet, a cell advances 1 number? My gut feeling is that this is not a simple usage of a formula, but, then maybe there is one? Please help. Thanks for your help. Rayco See reply in .Misc Biff "Rayco" <raycotf@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bc16d$42f59851$d85678fd$6680@PRIMUS.CA... > Hi, > > I'm new to...

Double email
Keep getting duplicate email? No where to find out how to change that, nothing in options or custom. Nothing in your post to help anyone try to help you. Version of Outlook? Type of account? How many? Did this always happen? When did it start? What did you change just before it started happening? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Barbra <b.kostka@att.net> asked: | Keep getting duplicate email? No where to find out how to | change that, nothing in options or cu...

Send/Receive #19
re:Outlook 2003 SP2 I have Outlook setup to automatically receive messages every ten minutes and when Outlook is started. Yesterday I noticed I was not receiving any mail. I went to my web based server and there was mail. When I used the "Download Headers" I did get the headers. Then I used Mark to Download Messages followed by Process all Marked Headers and I received my mail. Now I notice that the Define Send/Receive Groups panel is not being displayed either. I am able to send messages and the Test Account Settings. Very strange. Any suggestions? Thank You, Fred Jacobo...

How do I format a row depending on the value of a cell in the row
I have a table set up and would like any row of the table where a particular cell in the same row is blank to be highlighted. In other words, for any cell in column J that is blank, I want the corresponding row to be highlighted. I'm trying the conditional formating 'Formula Is' but so far it's not working for me. Any ideas? Select the whole table, assume the table is A1:D10, so formula is should be =COUNTBLANK($A1:$D1)>0 replace A1 with the left uppermost cell in your table that you want to test for and D1 with the right uppermost cell, notice the mixed relative a...

email sending problems #4
When i try to send emails from one of my accounts(i have two) I get an error message saying "553 sorry that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts" and my email message isn't sent. What does this mean and has anyone encounterd this problem and corrected it. Thank you, John Sounds like relaying issue. Is the email account correctly setup for the ISP you're connected to? Or are you trying to send mail thru ISP-B SMTP mail server while connected to ISP-A network? "bigboss" <bigboss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5630282E-D0F...

Cell format #2
How do I format a cell for currency and make it so that it wouldn't accept anything but a number? Thanks You need to do two things, Select the cell, Right-click > FormatCells > NumberTab > Currency > ok then Data > Validation > Allow: Decimals > then set your limits and click OK Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "ranswert" wrote: > How do I format a cell for currency and make it so that it wouldn't accept > anything but a number? > Thanks Thank You "CLR" wrote: > You need to do two things, > Select the cell, Right-click >...

Cannot Send E-mails
I just created my account and it is not working. This is the error mesage I get: The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'sararoberts@cox.net'. Subject 'Videos', Account: 'pop.east.c...

Sending a WORD 2002 document as attachment to an Outlook Express e
Having selected FILE, SEND TO from the WORD toolbar, the pull-out does not include an option for sending the document as an attachment to an email....neither is the option there but grayed out This is true despite the fact I have chosen TOOLS. OPTIONS, GENERAL and check-marked "Mail as attachment". Is this a limitation or have I configured something incorrectly? Don't know if this is pertinent, but am using Windows Explorer 7, and from an explorer window have selected TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS, PROGRAMS, and selected Outlook Express as my email program. I know I...

formula using cell reference returns no value
Using DDE I'm trying to pull data from an application running on anothe machine. Everything works fine when I type the whole pat \\computer\application|topic!'item'. The item is on the sheet and every item is different and a lot of them. I did manage to get th formula to show up correctly in the cell where I want to display th value. I would like the value to show. Formula bar = "\\computer\application|topic!"'" & (a1) & "'" this is close but I did it at work today. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Send Behalf on
Hi, I perfom those permission actions in Active Directory: I selected the Propeties of the account PPPP/Exchange General/Delivery Options tab and I granted the "Send Behalf on" permission to account YYYY. But when I send an email by Outlook 2003, then the email on the recipient side is not showing that it's "from YYYY on the behalf of PPPP". The recipient thinks that it's from PPPP Have you any fix or workaround for this issue? Thanks, Haydar Does the YYYY have Send As right on PPPP's user account? If so, remove the right. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange...

Trendlines to ignore empty cells
Hi I have five years of data and the x axis is set for 6 years to allow the chart to fill up as new data is input. When I add a trendline it seems to include these empty cells. In fact, the cells contain a formula but have managed to get the data plot to not be zero by using the NA() function which I found in another thread. Any ideas how I can get the trendline to only use the actual data for its calc rather than plotting along the whole of the x axis? Much appreciate your advice Keith This example will allow you to have a dynamic linear trend line that recalculates and moves with the...

new router causes outlook to not send/receive
I installed a new dlink rounter and since then Outlook 2007 will not receive on my main Live email account. I've tried reinstalling Outlook, repairing it, repairing connector, reinstalling connector, checking the password. I'm able to send from this account but not receive. My other live accounts work. Any ideas? On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 08:46:03 -0700, lbimler <lbimler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I installed a new dlink rounter and since then Outlook 2007 will not receive >on my main Live email account. I've tried reinstalling Outlook, repairing ...

How do I turn on "pressing enter goes to the next cell" option?
This is going to sound terribly dumb, but I used to be able to press the "enter" key and the next cell in the column would become the active one. Randomly however this ceased to happen. Can anyone please advise as to how I can re-activate this option? <Tools> <Options> <Edit> tab, Check "Move Selection After Enter", And choose direction. -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ===================================================== "Hollywood" &...

WLM sending duplicate (double) emails
I have an annoying issue with WLM version 14.0.8089.0726 running on W7. Sometimes I send a mail from my MSN.com account and it sits in my Outbox for hours until I close WLM and then reopen it. This results in the mails in the Outbox being sent twice; in the "Account" column for one message it says my MSN mailbox name, and on the duplicate message the "Account" column is blank. Is anyone else having this issue? In Tools|Options on the Send tab, is the "Send messages immediately" box checked? -- Patrick P. www.boydcomputersvcs.com "...

Can I Delete Symbol in Cell That Has A Formula?
I am using Excel 2004 for Mac and can't fiigur out how to get rid of the little green triangle in the upper left hand corner of a cell that contains a formula. Is there a way to accomplish this? I am not using my Mac at the moment but a guess would be excel>preferences>error checking and uncheck enambe background error checking or something similar on a pc it's under tools>options>error checking Regards, Peo Sjoblom "John" wrote: > I am using Excel 2004 for Mac and can't fiigur out how to get rid of the > little green triangle in the upper ...

Visio Hyperlinks
Hi - currently using Visio and would like to save the workflow as a template for others to 'save as' and execute - need to know if the hyperlinks will work within the template and also whether or the current hyperlinks require a 'right click' to execute???? Would like to execute using double click feature? Any advice would be GREAT!! Thanks..../d If you have a Hyperlink on a Shape, then change the formula in the EventDblClick cell in the spreadsheet to =HYPERLINK(Hyperlink.Row_1.Address) "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E...

Password Protect a Cell w/ a Macro
I have a cell on one of worksheets that I need to password protect. I want the user to be prompt to enter a password once they try to modify the cell. What is the easiest way to accomplish this? I am told that using a macro is the best way to achieve it. I found this code on here: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) '******unlock all cells in the range first********* Dim MyRange As Range Const Password = "tcmvsales99" '**Change password here** Set MyRange = Intersect(Range("B4"), Target) '**change range here** If Not My...

all the cells in excell put 2 decimal points in all numbers no ma.
i have to put 5 diget numbers in excel i format the cell to general and i get a number with 2 decimal points for me to enter 68555 i have to enter it as 68555.00 to get it to due away with the decimal point i reinstalled excel 2ooo but i can't seam to get it to go back to what it use to be. this problem justed popped up . never did this before Sounds like you need to turn off fixed decimals, if I understand your problem. Use Tools/Options/Edit and deselect Fixed Decimals. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "carroll616" <carroll616@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E...

Creating a Line Chart with double Y Axis
Would be possible to create a Line Chart with double Y Axis on th Chart? The X axis is date and Y axis will be the value. Thannks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select a series that you want on the secondary axis Choose Format>Selected Data Series On the Axis tab, select Secondary Click OK parker_yuan < wrote: > Would be possible to create a Line Chart with double Y Axis on the > Chart? The X axis is date and Y axis will be the value. Thannks. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

automatically highlight cells with expired dates?!
i'm trying to automatically highlight cells in Excel with expired dates. is this possible? i cant figure out how to do it unless i do it by hand You can do it with conditional formatting. Format: Conditional Formatting: Cell Value is less than e.g. 7/31/05, Format: Patterns: pick the color you want. Apply this to your cells. You should be good to go. Only draw back is that you wil lneed to update this way of doing it as the date changes. "cwest123456" wrote: > i'm trying to automatically highlight cells in Excel with expired dates. is > this possible? ...

Send / Receive E-mail at startup
Outlook 2003 will not send/receive e-mail at startup. I have e-mail settings selected to do so but it still does not. Perhaps you could post the settings you used so we can see what's wrong. I'm having a hard time with mind reading today. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a9101c3d9e8$95f02810$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook 2003 will not send/receive e-mail at startup. I > have e-mail settings selected to do so but it still does > not. ...

How can I test the text content of a cell
I wish to create a logical test - an IF statement that tests whether a cell contains H, M or L, and output the result as a number. I cannot get the IF statement to recognise text as true or false - my Excel 2007 gives an error when I try to do something like IF(E9=H ....) is there a way to do this? =IF(E9="H" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 16:43:01 -0700, catefaulkes <catefaulkes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I wish to create a logical test - an IF statement that tests whether a cell >contains H, M or L, and output the result as ...