Don't count header as Row 1?

Will Excel allow a user to remove the header from the row count (it
defaults as Row 1), so that a true count is rendered a list, such as a
mailing database, rather than having to subtract 1 from the final
tally?

Thanks!

--
jenniferlynnlee
jenniferlynnlee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9377

Don't think so, minus 1 is the way.

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"jenniferlynnlee"
<jenniferlynnlee.1zzs9m_1134500100.9988@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:jenniferlynnlee.1zzs9m_1134500100.9988@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Will Excel allow a user to remove the header from the row count (it
> defaults as Row 1), so that a true count is rendered a list, such as a
> mailing database, rather than having to subtract 1 from the final
> tally?
>
> Thanks!
>

> --
> jenniferlynnlee
> jenniferlynnlee's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9377
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=493125

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
12/13/2005 7:13:16 PM
No, but if you create a dynamic range

    http://cpearson.com/excel/named.htm#Dynamic

you can count only the items in the list.

In article
<jenniferlynnlee.1zzs9m_1134500100.9988@excelforum-nospam.com>,
 jenniferlynnlee
 <jenniferlynnlee.1zzs9m_1134500100.9988@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

> Will Excel allow a user to remove the header from the row count (it
> defaults as Row 1), so that a true count is rendered a list, such as a
> mailing database, rather than having to subtract 1 from the final
> tally?
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

http/1.1 500 internal server error #2
hi , hope u will be fine by the Grace of God plzz help me i have server 2003 with sp1 and exchange server with sp1 previously my exchange was working properly but from few days when i attach file in outlook web access the error occured is"http/1.1 500 internal server error" where as when i send mail through outlook express there is no error occur so plzz give me some advice so that i can configured my exchange prob , with regards , ali ...

How to get a long column of numbers to wrap and print on 1 page?
I have a long column of numbers that we add to daily. This column needs to be sorted in ascending order and then printed. I don't know of a way to sort multiple columns together so that is why it is one long column. Is there a way to get it to print as multiple columns across a page so as to not have numerous pages with only 1 column on each? Thanks. take a look here: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm In article <3880FBB4-BF95-4A82-B98A-519C79BF1A34@microsoft.com>, Sue <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a long column of numbers th...

Pivot table and counting.

Conversion of Visual C++ 6.0 project to Visual C++ .NET (7.1.3088)
Hi, I am trying to open the VC 6 projects in VC .NET IDE. But I am getting lots of compiler error. I heard VC 7 supports backward comaptability. Is there any procedure exist for converting from VC++ 6 to VC++ 7 Please let me know. ASAP Thanks & Regards, Ganapathi Yes... hope and pray. Tell us some of the errors, without that info we cannot actually give some solutions. - MR "Ganapathi Hegde" <ganapathi.hegde@in.bosch.com> wrote in message news:d0k0l4$i0q$1@ns2.fe.internet.bosch.com... > Hi, > I am trying to open the VC 6 projects in VC .NET IDE. But I am ...

Can I change date on 1 page and have it auto change on every page
In publisher I have tickets that are dated. I need to change the date before printing each time. I have 75 pages with the date listed 8 times on each page. trying to see if it is possible to change the date once and have it automatically change on every page. ...

Excluding Rows During Printout
Hi, Is there a way to automatically exclude rows when printing an Excel sheet? I have a list of items (in two colums) in a work sheet similar to this: Task Time ----------- ------- Task A: 1 Task B: 0 Task C: 2 Task D: 0 Task E: 0 Task F: 0 Task G: 4 Task H: 1 When I print the worksheet I only want to print lines where the time cell is not zero. So the printout from the previous data would look like this: Task Time ----------- ------- Task A: 1 Task C: 2 Task G: 4 Task H: 1 Is there a...

Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) error
What wrong with this. It create error. How can I improve to get rid the error? Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) Thanks Daniel Hi Daniel, Too much missing information - has r been declared and what data type is it and what value does it have. What property of the range are you trying to store in the variable RN? What type of variable is RN and has it been declared. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Daniel" wrote: > What wrong with this. It create error. How can I improve to get rid the > error? > > Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) > &...

1. Selecting field with "enter"; 2. permanently accepting macros
I have recently upgraded to Access 2007 and two characteristics of my former database are not coming through & I want to get them back. First, in Access 2003, I had set it up so that if I hit "enter" the entire field would be selected. Now "enter" causes the cursor to jump to the next field. How can I change this? Secondly, In my database forms, I had incorporated buttons. Now, each time I open the database, I am given a warning about macros and I have to manually tell the program that the macros are trusted. Unfortunately, Access doesn't accept this an...

Cycle Counting

MnyBank 1.5.24 : bug correction
MnyBank is a Statement File Editor, Archiver and Converter, a short description there: http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/181.aspx This version corrects a bug : - When BANKID, BRANCHID or ACCTID contains non alphanumeric character, the Excel (xml) file is invalid. Link for download: http://ferraroa.dyndns.org:8200/MnyBank/help/ Regards, AFer92 ...

Count

How to see all recipients in email header?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Greetings <br><br>When I receive an email with more than a few recipients in the To: filed (or Cc: for that matter) Entourage decides to truncate the list of addresses viewable at some point. It then puts &quot;...&quot; which when moused-over pops up with how many other recipients there are. But at no time am I able to view them! I have sifted through preferences, views, and searched this forum and the internet. Every email program I have EVER used allows this sort of option except Entou...

Read values from excel rows
hi I am trying to read the values from a excel row. There are 89 columns for each row and same number of data in each rows. Kindly help regards shantanu shantanu, You need to explain how/where you want to read them.... From another workbook, another worksheet, a VBA function, a macro, a C# application? HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "shantanu" <shantanusenin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1184298794.259390.216180@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > hi > I am trying to read the values from a excel row. There are 89 > columns for each row and same number of da...

Track 1 and 2,Fullz,Skimmer,MSR
USA BANKLOGIN CANADA LOGINS UK LOGINS US CVV UK CVV EU CVV FULL CC with mmn,ssn,dob,pin = pm me for price US Dumps: Canada Dumps: Europe Dumps: Asia Dumps Atm Skimmer Wincor Nixdorf = 3000 Atm Skimmer Wincor = 3000 Atm Skimmer Slimm = 3000 Atm Skimmer Slim = 3000 Atm Skimmer NCR = 3000 Atm Skimmer Diebold Opteva = 2500 Atm Skimmer Diebold = 2000 Atm Skimmer Universal = 4000 Atm Skimmer Small = 2500 Chip POS ingenico&amigo = 1500 MSR206 MSE ETC PRINTED TRACKS ON PLASTIC WITH PIN FOR SALE skimmer-service.com YIM : ha_tuyen6@yahoo.com ICQ : 37630432...

Is there a way to make P=1, C=2, as in baseball and then add them
You can certainly build a table, then do a Vlookup on it. But what do you mean by "add them"? Do you mean do addition on the numbers, or add something to a new row, or something else? -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail "Robert Hubley" <Robert Hubley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2AC9B3A7-07D8-4883-9E52-DCDA2AAB319F@microsoft.com... > ...

Line count

double-click in between two rows or two columns
How to avoid cursor jumping around to different positions when I double-click in between two rows or two column ? Thanks Hi This is a feature of Excel! When you double click the border of the selected cell, the cursor will go to the edge of the contiguous data on the sheet. It's very useful for jumping to the start/end of data. I don't know of a way to disable it. -- Andy. "Ben" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:bf5d01c4382c$a19b1bf0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How to avoid cursor jumping around to different positions > when I double-c...

MS CRM 1.2 crashing at least once a week
I have a SBS 2003 server running MS CRM 1.2, I am also running SQL on the same server. At least once a week the CRM server will just stop working, no services appear to fail, nothing seems to be out of the ordinary. I will still get a login prompt if I try to access the CRM page over HTTP. Once I enter my credentials it will just sit there trying to load the page. It never times out and never gives me any kind of error. The only thing I was able to pull out of the event log that seems related is the following. Source: SQLSERVERAGENT Event ID: 208 SQL Server Scheduled Job 'Start_Increment...

Counting sales

COUNT ? need formula
Hi, I want to track the results of my teams sales performance. I record if it is a sale, no sale, cancelled etc in column M. I thought I'd be able to use the COUNT function/formula to be able to search for all the SALES in column M and place the result in a cell ( column O )but I can't work it out. Any ideas? Damian Hi! Try this: =COUNTIF(M1:M100,"sale") Biff "Diamond Jones" <kwanzaNOSPAM@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:43a0e897$0$17704$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > Hi, > > I want to track the results of my teams sales perf...

From Rows to Columun #3
I have data in rows, I want to past to columns so i can import intio access... HELP Example (Current data) 3 42 42 3 38 38 4 22 I want to move to 3 42 42 3 38 38 4 22 THANKS ...

Change header information
Is it possible to change my header information to show the IP of the server rather than the name and domain name? We are considering hosting email on our Ex2003 for a company that leases office space from us, but they don't want our name on their header info.... Thanks. ...