Does any know how to add more columns in the NCAA Excel Tracker?

trying to add more columns in the NCAA Tournament Tracker but it won't keep
the formulas correct.  Any help

Just what exactly is the/a

"NCAA Tournament Tracker"?
--

Regards,

RD

"NCAA Tourney Commissioner" <NCAA Tourney
Commissioner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
trying to add more columns in the NCAA Tournament Tracker but it won't keep
the formulas correct.  Any help

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
3/16/2005 3:29:03 PM
Maybe...

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011132401033.aspx
or
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC011800721033.aspx
for the men's

and
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC011800711033.aspx
for the women's

And if the OP is trying to add columns to the "Results tracker" worksheet,
tools|Protection|unprotect sheet (there isn't a password, well, for the men's
version anyway--didn't check the women's).

RagDyeR wrote:

> Just what exactly is the/a
>
> "NCAA Tournament Tracker"?
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> RD
> Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit !
>
> "NCAA Tourney Commissioner" <NCAA Tourney
> Commissioner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> trying to add more columns in the NCAA Tournament Tracker but it won't keep
> the formulas correct.  Any help

--

Dave Peterson
0

A Template from the Template Gallery.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC011800721033.aspx?CategoryID=CT011377241033

Gord

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 07:29:03 -0800, "RagDyeR" <ragdyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote:

>Just what exactly is the/a
>
>"NCAA Tournament Tracker"?

0
Gord
3/16/2005 5:23:38 PM
Add the columns where?

Internally?  To the right or left of existing columns?

What happens to the formulas when you do add a column?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 06:25:03 -0800, "NCAA Tourney Commissioner" <NCAA Tourney
Commissioner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>trying to add more columns in the NCAA Tournament Tracker but it won't keep
>the formulas correct.  Any help

0
Gord
3/16/2005 5:36:19 PM
Dear Mr. Commish:

Because of the way the formulas are laid out (consecutive rows referring to
non-consecutive rows on another sheet) the traditional copy/paste will not
work.  I added enough columns to have 20 players in my pool.  I edited the
formulas in the last column for Player 5 to read:

=IF('NCAA Men''s Bracket 2005'!$D8=L4, 1, 0) NOTE the addition of the '$'.
I had to manually edit each cell in the column (all the way down to row 78).
I also had to edit the score for a win for succeeding rounds, as we weight a
later round win as 2, 4, 8, 16 and 32 points as the rounds increase.

Also note that the developer Merged some cells, that also makes the copying
more difficult.  I undid the merging while I was manipulating the data.

I then copied and pasted my updated formulas out to fill my 20 players.

HTH

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> Add the columns where?
>
> Internally?  To the right or left of existing columns?
>
> What happens to the formulas when you do add a column?
>

> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 06:25:03 -0800, "NCAA Tourney Commissioner" <NCAA Tourney
> Commissioner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >trying to add more columns in the NCAA Tournament Tracker but it won't keep
> >the formulas correct.  Any help

Thanks to you both for showing me exactly what kind of sheltered life I've
been living!<g>

Never realized Redmond engaged in all this subtle marketing hype.
--
Regards,

RD

> RD
>
> A Template from the Template Gallery.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC011800721033.aspx?CategoryID=CT011377241033

> Gord
>
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 07:29:03 -0800, "RagDyeR" <ragdyer@cutoutmsn.com>
wrote:

> >Just what exactly is the/a
> >
> >"NCAA Tournament Tracker"?

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

HELP! I KNOW U KNOW HOW TO DO THIS....
i was told there is a way to make certain letters equal numbers. EX. BREADNMILK is 1234567890 / B=1 R=2 and so on. This is so each product has a digit code for the price. EX. EDB = $3.51. I don't know how to do that but my boss said it's possible....THANK-YOU! I have an idea, but I'm not sure I understand what you really want, so I hate to waste the time to produce it. Could you give a few more examples? What are you doing with the data once you figure out a way to make this work? Why BREADNMILK? Is that just an example? You'll use just one word? You're trying to obscu...

Problem getting Excel formula to Calculate
Hello, I'm building a spreadsheet to analyze how coupons are being redeemed within a range of postal codes and how revenue is affected between new and repeat customers. One of the formulas I'm using is: {=SUM(IF('ENTER INFO HERE'!$F$4:$F$15000="T9E",IF('ENTER INFO HERE'!$G$4:$G$15000="F125",'ENTER INFO HERE'!$C$4:$C$15000,0),0))} Column A= Store # Column C= New Customers Column D = Repeat Customers Column E= Revenue Generated Column F= Postal Code Column G= Coupon Code Column I= True or false value dependant on the value of Co...

It's Conditional Formatting, Jim, but not as we know it...
Hi, Is there any way of producing the same as a conditional format on a cell (ie. chenge fill and font colours according to a calculated value) but for more than three (four, if you count the default) values? TIA Dave An example '----------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) '----------------------------------------------------------------- Const WS_RANGE As String = "H1:H10" '<=== change to suit On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Targe...

Cannot add mail account to Outlook XP
When I try and add a new mail account, all mail account types are greyed - therefore I cannot select one, and cannot add one. Is there a security restriction that may be causing this? I'm running XP with Outlook 2002. Thanks, Keith Yes. I assume you're at work - the systems folks have probably deployed administrative restrictions that prevent you from creating new accounts. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Keith Finnett" <keith.finnett@btinternet.com> wrote in message ...

Excel 2000 #22
Is it possible to have a ruler line in order to be able to see which current line you are on in a spreadsheet? Rowena, You might be interested in my RowLiner add-in. See www.cpearson.com/excel/rowliner.htm for details and download. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Rowena" <Rowena@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:167CCBFC-F233-43DF-AFE9-E505D718680E@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have a ruler line in order to be able to see which current > line you are on in a spreadsheet? T...

OWA jumping mouse

Cannot add columns to custom views
I have a problem that is causing a major handicap. I cannot add any columns to any custom leads view that I create. No matter what, the only column that is displayed is the default key column (name) that is there when the view is created. When I click on add columns, the dialog box that is supposed to list columns that I can add to the view has no columns listed at all. I am logged in as the System Administrator when trying to accomplish this. Also, when I create a filter criteria it is never saved. I save it, but when I go back into it, it is gone. Any help would be GREATLY apprec...

wrapping columns
Hi, I have 4 columns of data that are over 1000 rows. I would like to wra those 4 columns so that I can fit 3 sets of the columns on a printe page. Is there a way to do this short of copying and pasting? Thanks, Mega -- mcarringto ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mcarrington's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2164 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57241 Hi Megan, You can wrap cells by selecting cells (or columns) and using Format, cells, alignment, [x] wrap cells That wil...

Excel 2002 hangs when I try to insert a Package
I have Office XP And SP 3 installed. When I try to insert a package using Insert > Object > Package Excel hangs and stops responding. I can succesfully insert a PowerPoint object type... ...

How to add DefaultInstall to inf file
The CDM drivers from FTDI: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM%202.06.00%20WHQL%20Certified.zip do not have DefaultInstall section in its inf files. So you cannot install the driver with right-click Install. That's the way I've been using to pre-install the driver from InstallShield. I tried to add the DefaultInstall to ftdibus.inf myself, but nothing happens. I had some success with ftdiport.inf, but I actually need ftdibus.inf. Can anyone help me with modification? Here is what I added: [DefaultInstall.NT] CopyFile=FtdiBus.NT.Copy,FtdiBus.NT.Copy2,FtdiBus.Inf ...

importing excel files into outlook 2007
I did an import and it worked perfectly. I tried to ddo a second, and am receiving a message that - an error occuredwhile importing or exporting and the import/export was terminated. MAPI error 0x80070057 was reported. please try again. I have rebuild the file, changes names and still receive the same message. I looked on ms faq but can't find how to fix the problem. Can anyone help. Thanks Dick Take a look at both of these sights... http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-854669.php http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329295/EN-US/ Anvil22 wrote: >I did...

Excel Format #4
Can the column references - A B C, etc. and row reverence - 1 2 3, etc be changed? > Can the column references - A B C, etc. and row reverence - 1 2 3, etc be > changed? No I don't think so. You may change it as R1C1 format, but I don't think it is what you want. Or try non-MS Excel :P Ray You cannot change the A, B, C headers and 1,2,3 headers. A workaround is to use Row 1 for a titles row then select A2 and Window>Freeze Panes so that Row 1 with the titles remains in view when you scroll. Select B2 instead if you also want Column A to remain in view. You can tur...

how to add line to stacked-clustered chart?
hi, i've read John Mansfield's solution at http://www.excelforum.com//showthread.php?t=332217 but it's not quite what i'm after since for the line i only have one data point per cluster/month and not three as in his example... ideally i would like to add a line series to Bernard Liengme�s stacked-clustered chart example at http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Columns.htm as my charts are based on it and i like his x-axis labelling format... thanks in advance for any help, anthony -- hifert ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ...

Do You Know???
Hi... Where to get personal / business loan? How to settle your debt? Where to invest? Monthly Profit 20%? One time investment only? Setup your own business & growing income? The Beneficiary Bank is Barclays Bank? Just only need USD1070 for Financial Freedom? 300% Profit,10%Commission,5% Bonus,1% Revenue & 0.01% Daily Profit Payout!! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------= =AD=AD----- Get me online at : E-Mail /Yahoo Messenger,my ID : sallehes[at]yahoo.com Change [at] to @ If you never take the chance, you will never have the chances. >From O...

cannot see info in an excel worksheet over intranet until cell is hilighted
I and other people in my firm cannot see information on excel spreadsheets that are posted on our company intranet until they either hilight a cell or move the arrow keys. While this is by no means a show stopper, the slower members of our company can't seem to wrap thier heads around this issue. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Add a site ID field to rec trx entry that will default to each re.
We try to change our receiving transactions site ID on each purchase receipt. Since we are required to change a receiving transaction's site ID on each receipt, we have to manually change each line item being recieved to a different site ID. IT would be great to have the ability to select from a drop down box that includes only company available site ID's. Then have your selection roll out to each line item's site ID. Just would save us alot of time... Thanks, Jason Brian Dear Jason, We had the same problem at our location and to correct the problem we had to write tr...

Move columns of data from one worksheet to another in open WB
Good Day, I have a open workbook with multiple worksheet tabs, on "Tab 9" I need to move the entire contents of Column "A" to Column "A" of "Tab 2", Column "B" to Column "D", etc... Can someone help direct me with the VB code to perform this task. Thanks You in advance George Hi Can you expand on your etc a bit? If there is a pattern to what is copied to where it can be done in a loop. If not, some other method will be better. The code should be easy either way, but I don't fancy having to solve the problem tw...

Add application to list when camera is connected
Hi, I'm working on a photo management application, and I want to be able to launch my application easily when I connect my digital camera to my PC. When I connect my camera to my PC, a window pops up showing that windows detected that a "camera connected". This window also has a list of applications with the heading "Select the program to launch for this option". I want to add my application to this list. My question is, how can I do this programmatically? When I install and run the application on another machine, for example, I want my application to automatically a...

Gridlines in excel #2
Excel will not print gridlines even though gridlines is checked in all spots. When you print the worksheet it comes out with no gridlines at all even though it is checked in page setup and view mode. Make sure your spreadsheet does not have have fill color. If it's white fill, for example, the gridlines won't come out in the print out. "GRIDLINES IN EXCEL" wrote: > Excel will not print gridlines even though gridlines is checked in all spots. > When you print the worksheet it comes out with no gridlines at all even > though it is checked in page setup and ...

Unable to add in a report
Hi, I need to add the orders based on customer id so in access03 I filter the data field as: =IIf([cust_id]=2;Sum([cust_id]);'') or =IIf([cust_id]=2;count([cust_id]);'') but don't work. Where do I err? TIA Ana Query in SQL05 -> access03 Ana wrote: >I need to add the orders based on customer id so in access03 I filter the >data field as: > >=IIf([cust_id]=2;Sum([cust_id]);'') or > >=IIf([cust_id]=2;count([cust_id]);'') but don't work. You should probably use a separate query to calculate all the totals and use that as t...

Do you know this?
I gonna to purchase Joyfax Server. Do you have any idea about it? 'Joyfax - Fax Server, Fax software, Windows Fax Server, Network Fax Solution, Free Fax Viewer, Fax Broadcasting software' (http://www.joyfax.com) -- lenny66 Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com In article <lenny66.4cslw5@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com>, lenny66.4cslw5 @no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com says... > What exactly would you imagine yourself seeing subject "Do you know this?" People usually ignore topics with unclear subjects. -- Poutnik The best depends on how the be...

Outlook 2007 add-on
Hello everybody! Wonder is there any outlook 2007 add-on that can show related email messages (even if exchanged between 2, 3 or more persons), based on the similarity of emails' contents? I know Outlook 2007 has the option to arrange columns per "conversation" but if 2 messages have same content with different subjects, they are not included in the "conversation" display.. Any ideas here? Thanks in advance! Steve Tried Xobni? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal ...

Data validation with Excel 2004 on Mac OS X
Greetings. I've been beating my head against the wall for the past 2 hours trying to make this work. Here is what I am doing: I've got an Excel workbook with two worksheets (sheet1 and ListMasters). On the ListMasters worksheet, I have defined a Name called Cat as '=ListMasters!$H$3:$H$17'. On the worksheet sheet1, I have a cell that I want to use data validation on. So, I select the cell, select Data -> Validation. On the Settings dialog box, I selected Allow to be 'List'. I set the Source to be '=Cat' and I selected the option to allow In-cell drop...

Combine multiple rows into one row with multiple columns
Hi, I have a table set up so that there are three columns: StudyID, DrawDate, and Value. StudyID and DrawDate are the primary key. I want to create a table from this one that has only one row for each StudyID so that it would go from: StudyID DrawDate Value to StudyID DrawDate1 Value1 DrawDate2 Value2 DrawDate3 Value3 etc. Is there a way to do this? Thanks, Elysia "Elysia Larson" <elysia.larson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:832e952f-174f-489f-ab7a-e2189f660a92@f6g2000vbp.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have a...

Populate date into excel from DataSet/DataTable
Hi there, We are developing a WPF windows application in .NET 3.5 & VS 2008 We have the following requirement 1. An excel template will be available in server side, in which the webservice is being hosted. 2. We need to call a webservice to get the data from database and populate the data in the predefined excel template available in the step1. 3. Then download the data populated excel to the client side. Is there any elegant way of doing this in server side, since its webservice multiple client might call this consume this to get this done. Please advice. Thanks, Dhans...