Document Not Saved #4

Hi there,

Worked on a document where I had to copy and paste text
from a Microsoft 2000 word document to an excel 2000 file
because couldn't find a way to export...

Now when I try to save I get Document Not Saved error and
it won't save.  It is not a link that I copied over as
microsoft has confirmed a bug with, it was just text from
a table box in Word, copied over to a cell box in Excel...

Any way to save this document or is all work lost?

thanx...

0
anonymous (74722)

You copied text from a word table to a cell in excel and excel didn't save????

Can you open, make changes, and save the excel file (without touching MSWord)?

If yes, maybe you can copy from word and paste into the formula bar instead of
directly into the cell.

Then try saving.

If that fails, you may want to provide all the error message and a little more
detailed description of what didn't work.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

I also recieve the same error while working in Excel 97.
Plz let me know about the solution or any update or patch.

0
anonymous (74722)

Hanging while Saving the Excel File
Hi, While when I try to Save My Excel File the system is Hanging . I had also Reinstalled the MSOffice but the Same problem exits.please Give me any solution to solve this. Hi Prabu, We need some more information. Does this problem exist for just one file or do you have problems for all Excel files? By "Hanging" do you mean freezing or just taking a long time? These answers might help someone find a solution. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

redirect my documents
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0075_01C60228.32B5F210 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, How can I change the folder when my user want to insert an attachment?? = I would like to use an especific folder.. can I to do this?? thks, Jane ------=_NextPart_000_0075_01C60228.32B5F210 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> &l...

Retrieve document that was closed as Document 1?
I had a three page Word document still titled as Document 1 that I accidently closed before remembering I wanted to keep the first page. I had not saved the document before closing so if I select a Word document again I will get Document 1 but it will be blank. Is there any way I can retrieve this document? Frank C. If you didn't save it there's nothing to recover. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web s...

Links Not Working #4
Nothing happens when I click on URLs in my emails. A new window used to open up & display the web page. Anyone know what I can do to fix this? Lu <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Nothing happens when I click on URLs in my emails. A new > window used to open up & display the web page. > > Anyone know what I can do to fix this? Try this: in Internet Explorer, click Tools>Internet Options>Programs>Reset Web Settings -- Brian Tillman ...

SMTP Error 452 4.3.1 Out of memory in Exchange Server 2000
After a successful Disaster Recovery of a Exchange 2000 Server (which is a Windows Domain Controller) - I installed Win 2000 Server + SP4, Exchange 2000 + SP3 and the Exchange Backup I get this strange error when I try to TELNET servername 25 and send the MAIL FROM:myself@mydomain.com 452 4.3.1 Out of memory The SMTP Service throws this error, but I can't find any hint in the event log. There is plenty of space on all disks and the permissions on "vsi 1" folders are also correct. Maybe an important hint: Prior to do the test, I installed the Trendmicro Client Server Messaging ...

Open documents in new window
I recently uninstalled an add-in (Office Tab), and since then all instances of Word 2007 (on XP SP3) open in the same window, rather than in new windows, which is my preference. I'm pretty sure I remember having to change it to the "open in new window" for the default setting a couple of years ago when I first started using 2007, but can't seem to find out how that is done. Any help would be greatly appreciated. David uncheck the Windows in Taskbar in the View dialog under office menu under the Microsoft Office Button. Hope this helps DeanH &quo...

Integer Fields Not Saving
I have a single user (out of 35) that cannot update any integer field (credit limit for example). If I type "abc" into the field, I get the prompt that I must enter a number, but it says "between . and " as opposed to "between 0 and 1,000,000.00"). After a number is entered, the field remains highlighted, but I cannot tab or click on another field, only on another tab (or form). To finish the previous thought, when I try and save the account, it does not save the integer field. is this user running windows xp and not sp2 and everyone else is? -- John O'...

Date Formula #4
I have the following formula in a cell that is referencing B31 (a date field). Can anybody tell me why this does not work. I have tried over and under etc etc. In other words if I input 01/01/2003 the result does not change??? =IF($B$31>1/15/2003,0,D21) Thanks Frank Frank, try =IF($B$31>DATEVALUE("15-Jan-2003"),0,D21) What you are getting at the moment is:- 1 divided by 15 divided by 2003 giving a result of0.0000332834082210018 which is not what you're after. Remember slash is for division. Dates in IF tests have to be converted using a function. regards, J...

Why do I get a blank page when trying to print Avery Document 516.
I have the labels ready to go. Using Microsoft Word. When I try to print the labels, I get a blank page. I tried two printers, HP and Brother. Same thing with both. Any suggestions? Check the font formatting. Make sure that it is not hidden. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "bburkesj" <bburkesj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B881C096-C3F6-475B-B00A-F75C2DED0D73@microsoft.c...

open the document instead of the inquiry window
When adding a PO to a service call, we click the PO number and it opens the PO inquiry screen. We need it to open the actual PO/document screen so the addresses can be modified as needed, etc. Is there a setting somewhere in GP to allow this? ...

Saving an Excel document after moving additional worksheets to it
I have a 'master' spreadsheet that I would like to add additional tabs to. I'm not having any problems moving the worksheets into the document but when I try to save the file its not happening. I have tried renaming the file, saving to a pen drive but nothing seems to be working. I seem to be able to save the first worksheet but then reopening and saving additional worksheets without success. Would anyone have any idea why I am unable to save the file.....thanks ...

Microsoft Documentation
Hi, I came across this http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=64966E88-1377-4D1A-BE86-AB77014495F4&displaylang=en#top page which is the Technical Overview of DirectAccess. Is their like a central link that one can go to and find other technical overviews of other products which maybe of interest? Thanks "biren" <biren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75543666-0178-4559-9D60-01E16B1E3428@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I came across this > > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=64966...

Changing the Zoom to open a document in 100%
When I open a particular document on my computer it automatically shows it at 100% Zoom. However, my boss has a problem showing the document on his computer at less than 100%. He would like to change it so that he does not have to adjust it at 100% every time he opens the document. Can you tell me how this could be done? Do you really want the zoom changed to 100% or do you want it so that he can see the same columns as you see? If you want to set the zoom to 100%, you can do something like this in your auto_open (or workbook_open) code: Option Explicit Sub auto_open() Dim wks ...

Saving web pages as php...
I have currently got an upgrade from office 2000 to XP due to getting new computer. On 2000 I used to save a range of cells as webpages an change the file name so it ends in php and not htm. Now Excel XP i being an ass and automatically deleting the php bit and replacing i with htm - is there anyway I can save the file as .php -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Where is documentation of VBA Chart properties and methods?
Where can I find documentation listing all of the Excel VBA Chart properties and methods? An internet site, or a good book maybe? Thanks. Never mind. I realized that the Excel VBA help file was not installed. Sorry about the dumb questions. "Hmmm..." <blahbla@blahl.com> wrote in message news:1wDRa.106421$Io.9109532@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net... > Where can I find documentation listing all of the Excel VBA Chart properties > and methods? An internet site, or a good book maybe? Thanks. > > ...

why does wrord change the origianl date when I open a saved doc
I do not want word to change the date of a saved doc when i open it I assume that the reason is that you have inserted a date field which shows the system date. What you need to do is change those date fields for createdate fields - ALT+F9 change { DATE } or { TIME \@ "d MMM yyyy" } to { CREATEDATE \@ "d MMM yyyy" } then F9 and ALT+F9 - and change the date in your letterhead template so that future letters based on it show the correct dates. The switch \@ "d MMM yyyy" may be different at your location. See http://www.gmayor.com/stop_automat...

Move pages from document to document?

Move a document from an offline printer queue to an online queue?
Running under Vista Home Premium SP2. I have three printers installed: One online that I want to use, one offline that I use only occasionally, and one at my dad's house that I use when I use my PC on his network. The online printer is the default, of course. I'm not sure how I did it, but I have a few documents that went to the wrong printer queues. Assume for the sake of argument that I can't reprint those documents. Is there a way I can transfer them from the wrong queues to the online printer? I'm smart enough not to consciously select a different prin...

mailbox question #4
For my exchange mail stores, I have granted full permissions to an admin user to look at all user emails. How do I get Outlook (2003) to show all the mailboxes for which the current user has permission? Right now, outlook just shows the mailbox for the admin user. thanks sm You will have to go into the profile of the admin user and add all the mailboxes that you want him/her to look at. By default Outlook only shows the mailbox that it was configured for. Scott McFadden wrote: > For my exchange mail stores, I have granted full permissions to an admin > user to look at a...

How to dsiplay Word Document inside a control in WinForms Applicat
Can I display word document in Windows Form Panel Control or any other control ? Here objective is not display word document as seperate application but show the word document inside the windows Form. Thanks, --Israr Hi, I think we can do this using OLE control(VB). Thanks, Senthil. S -- senthilkumarabi ...

My documents
Hello all, Vaguely I remember the is a global (windows) variable which points to the 'My Documents' path. Because users may change the default path C:\My Documents, I can not use that path to save a file from Access. Can someone help me out. Thx, Ludovic Open a command prompt, and type: set Use Environ() in your code. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Vsn" <vsn at hotmail> wrote in message news:eqcTzkZ1HHA.5992@TK2M...

How to change document template
How it is possible to change internal documentation template for "reports" in UML software section??? I want to add there me own template ...

scanning handwriten document into editable digital document
Just like voicve recognition software that converts voice text into editable digital document, searching for software that will do some akin, but instead of being voice data its handwritten document to be scanned into editable text document. Juan E. Jimenez itsi@prtc.net San Juan, Puerto Rico ...

Full bleed formatting document
How can I shrink the margins on a document already created in Publisher? I would like to create one version of the document formated for a full bleed print and one with a smaller margin than already exists. How can I do this? No full bleed printer connected my computer. Create a bleed for your publication http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP051236331033.aspx?pid=CH010001571033 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "MarySue" <MarySue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A18253E-A5...

desktop and my documents (folder redirection)
Hello, I have win2k3 with pgo and i have configured one pc (Win XP) with folder redirection (desktop et my documents). I haven't connected to my network for 1 week and i have a problem in disk with this pc (WinXP) but i can access to disk data. The problem is i can't find my data in my desktop and in my documents. can you help me where can i find my data in my desktop and my documents? Thank you. ...