document in xls and cannot open without a password. How to open?

I received a document that I cannot open without a password. Do I use the
password I just established?

No, you use the password that the creator of the document/workbook put
on it. They will provide that password to you if they want you to open
the file.

liha wrote:

> I received a document that I cannot open without a password. Do I use the
> password I just established?

0
Bob
2/11/2010 6:44:33 PM
You must use the password that the sender used when sender saved the
workbook.

BTW..........how and where did you "just establish" a password?

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 08:56:05 -0800, liha <liha@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I received a document that I cannot open without a password. Do I use the
>password I just established?

0
Gord

opening Publisher 2003 files in 2007
Previously to installing the update to the Beta I was able to open the files. Now I can't open them. Help. -- MC How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "MC" <MC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24D0839E-39A2-46E2-8BE5-20424BEEB284@microsoft.com... > Previously to installing the update to the Beta I was able ...

redirect my documents
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0075_01C60228.32B5F210 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, How can I change the folder when my user want to insert an attachment?? = I would like to use an especific folder.. can I to do this?? thks, Jane ------=_NextPart_000_0075_01C60228.32B5F210 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> &l...

How to open a PDF file through HELP button?
HI, I want to open a PDF file (just usually open it) through HELP button control. I do not know how I can open it. If someone knows it, could you give me some suggestions. Thx ucb gjin@mail.utexas.edu wrote: > HI, > > I want to open a PDF file (just usually open it) through HELP > button control. I do not know > how I can open it. If someone knows it, could you give me some > suggestions. Thx ucb: Just open the file with ShellExecute(). Of course the machine has to have Adobe Reader (or some other reader) for this to work. -- David Wilkinson Visual C++ MVP O...

Access2003
I posted the following at the end of a previous message so I am not sure that it will be read by all. We just upgraded to access2003. I was helped by your forum how to get into edit mode for the mdb (by using F11). However it does not give me the menu bar. I right-clicked on the toolbar that is on the screen and while I can tick almost all the bar options, I cannot tick "menu bar". How can I create an mde without the menu bar? Also, I see that the Access2002 mdb opened up in Access2003 without any notice of version upgrade. There need be no upgrade? Thanks. Leah -- Message ...

Retrieve document that was closed as Document 1?
I had a three page Word document still titled as Document 1 that I accidently closed before remembering I wanted to keep the first page. I had not saved the document before closing so if I select a Word document again I will get Document 1 but it will be blank. Is there any way I can retrieve this document? Frank C. If you didn't save it there's nothing to recover. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web s...

Open documents in new window
I recently uninstalled an add-in (Office Tab), and since then all instances of Word 2007 (on XP SP3) open in the same window, rather than in new windows, which is my preference. I'm pretty sure I remember having to change it to the "open in new window" for the default setting a couple of years ago when I first started using 2007, but can't seem to find out how that is done. Any help would be greatly appreciated. David uncheck the Windows in Taskbar in the View dialog under office menu under the Microsoft Office Button. Hope this helps DeanH &quo...

opening a pub file
How can I open a pub file if I do not have Publisher. You can't... Have your sender create a PDF file for you from the Publisher file. If that is impossible, send the file to me and I will convert it for you. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jeff U" <JeffU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9CDD707C-01BF-4EBF-B46E-B3F5802B3578@microsoft.com... > How can I open a pub file if I do not have Publisher. Can't be done; not even with a gun. Have the...

Why do I get a blank page when trying to print Avery Document 516.
I have the labels ready to go. Using Microsoft Word. When I try to print the labels, I get a blank page. I tried two printers, HP and Brother. Same thing with both. Any suggestions? Check the font formatting. Make sure that it is not hidden. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "bburkesj" <bburkesj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B881C096-C3F6-475B-B00A-F75C2DED0D73@microsoft.c...

automatically open outlook after booting
In Win 98, my Outlook would automatically open up after boot up. How do I get Outllok to open on boot up in XP Pro? Add a shortcut to Outlook to your Startup group under Start | All Programs... Just drag and drop the shortcut to that group. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "ron@tbep.org" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1519c01c3c407$332d2e40$a601280a@phx.gbl....

setting a password on acess db and using ADO
Hi, I have a program using ADO with access db. Is it possible to add a password to the access database, so that only the program can modify the access database, thanks, Behzad why use ADO. Why not Ms Access ActiveX Exe ???? :) "bn" <b@b.com> wrote in message news:OVHmk6ueFHA.256@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I have a program using ADO with access db. Is it possible to add a password > to the access database, so that only the program can modify the access > database, > > thanks, > Behzad > > "bn" <b@b.com> wrote in messag...

open the document instead of the inquiry window
When adding a PO to a service call, we click the PO number and it opens the PO inquiry screen. We need it to open the actual PO/document screen so the addresses can be modified as needed, etc. Is there a setting somewhere in GP to allow this? ...

Saving an Excel document after moving additional worksheets to it
I have a 'master' spreadsheet that I would like to add additional tabs to. I'm not having any problems moving the worksheets into the document but when I try to save the file its not happening. I have tried renaming the file, saving to a pen drive but nothing seems to be working. I seem to be able to save the first worksheet but then reopening and saving additional worksheets without success. Would anyone have any idea why I am unable to save the file.....thanks ...

Microsoft Documentation
Hi, I came across this http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=64966E88-1377-4D1A-BE86-AB77014495F4&displaylang=en#top page which is the Technical Overview of DirectAccess. Is their like a central link that one can go to and find other technical overviews of other products which maybe of interest? Thanks "biren" <biren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75543666-0178-4559-9D60-01E16B1E3428@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I came across this > > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=64966...

Changing the Zoom to open a document in 100%
When I open a particular document on my computer it automatically shows it at 100% Zoom. However, my boss has a problem showing the document on his computer at less than 100%. He would like to change it so that he does not have to adjust it at 100% every time he opens the document. Can you tell me how this could be done? Do you really want the zoom changed to 100% or do you want it so that he can see the same columns as you see? If you want to set the zoom to 100%, you can do something like this in your auto_open (or workbook_open) code: Option Explicit Sub auto_open() Dim wks ...

Stored Network passwords
Hello all, It appears when I try to store net passwords for a particular path and provide the correct credentials,(ie \\server\share) those credentials are used for every other network location (ie. \\server\share1) that I specify. I thought that the point of stored passwords is that you can specify different ones based on location. These are UNC paths for which I am specifying. Any thoughts... TIA, Altria "Altria" <urbantec92@msn.com> wrote in message news:%23MEYKXsZKHA.6028@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello all, > > It appears when I try t...

Password to open workbook
I recently installed XL 2007 and the previous workbook are lock by password to open them. I've looked everywhere in XL 2007 on how to remove this password to open them but cannot find it. I know the password to open the workbook, it's just I want to leave it without password. Thanks. Button>Save As>Tools>General Options. Clear out passwords and save the workbook. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 16:21:02 -0800, Trainee <Trainee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I recently installed XL 2007 and the previous workbook are lock >b...

Outlook
I do not know how to open any attachments sent to me. I have a paper clip showing in upper right hand corner of the email and the sender indicating an attachment, but do not see anything to click onto? Your assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks, gl Have you clicked the paperclip? You should see the attachments when you click the paperclip. >-----Original Message----- >I do not know how to open any attachments sent to me. I >have a paper clip showing in upper right hand corner of >the email and the sender indicating an attachment, but do >not see anything to c...

popup when open public folder from system manager
Hi, I always got this popup when open Public Folder from Exchange System Manager: Title : Exchange System Manager The operation completed succesfully. Facility : Win32 ID no. c0070000 Exchange System Manager No error in the Event Viewer... Please advice. Regards Acung have you tried what James Chong mentioned here http:// www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/28432674/re-exchange-system- manag.aspx 1. In adsiedit first verify if your PF tree is a MAPI PF tree and not a general purpose tree. ADSIEDIT.MSC Click Ok. (ADSIEDIT is part of your Windows 2000\2003 Support Tools found on the...

Where is documentation of VBA Chart properties and methods?
Where can I find documentation listing all of the Excel VBA Chart properties and methods? An internet site, or a good book maybe? Thanks. Never mind. I realized that the Excel VBA help file was not installed. Sorry about the dumb questions. "Hmmm..." <blahbla@blahl.com> wrote in message news:1wDRa.106421$Io.9109532@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net... > Where can I find documentation listing all of the Excel VBA Chart properties > and methods? An internet site, or a good book maybe? Thanks. > > ...

why does wrord change the origianl date when I open a saved doc
I do not want word to change the date of a saved doc when i open it I assume that the reason is that you have inserted a date field which shows the system date. What you need to do is change those date fields for createdate fields - ALT+F9 change { DATE } or { TIME \@ "d MMM yyyy" } to { CREATEDATE \@ "d MMM yyyy" } then F9 and ALT+F9 - and change the date in your letterhead template so that future letters based on it show the correct dates. The switch \@ "d MMM yyyy" may be different at your location. See http://www.gmayor.com/stop_automat...

Move pages from document to document?

How to dsiplay Word Document inside a control in WinForms Applicat
Can I display word document in Windows Form Panel Control or any other control ? Here objective is not display word document as seperate application but show the word document inside the windows Form. Thanks, --Israr Hi, I think we can do this using OLE control(VB). Thanks, Senthil. S -- senthilkumarabi ...

My documents
Hello all, Vaguely I remember the is a global (windows) variable which points to the 'My Documents' path. Because users may change the default path C:\My Documents, I can not use that path to save a file from Access. Can someone help me out. Thx, Ludovic Open a command prompt, and type: set Use Environ() in your code. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Vsn" <vsn at hotmail> wrote in message news:eqcTzkZ1HHA.5992@TK2M...

Move a document from an offline printer queue to an online queue?
Running under Vista Home Premium SP2. I have three printers installed: One online that I want to use, one offline that I use only occasionally, and one at my dad's house that I use when I use my PC on his network. The online printer is the default, of course. I'm not sure how I did it, but I have a few documents that went to the wrong printer queues. Assume for the sake of argument that I can't reprint those documents. Is there a way I can transfer them from the wrong queues to the online printer? I'm smart enough not to consciously select a different prin...

Spread sheet won't open from Explorer
I got the oddest problem. The system is Windows XP Pro with Office XP Pro. When an Excel file is double clicked, Excel opens up but it contains no worksheet, it is grey. If Excel is opened and then file is opened then the work sheet is OK. In addition, a set of macros (that work on another system, same OS, same Office) that are in Word, and supposed to open an excel worksheet and pull info from it, also does not work. Word gives message "Waiting for Excell to Accept DDE command". At this point you can wait forever and nothing happans. I suspect the 2 problems are related. I have d...