divide by zero error

Hello All,

Does anyone know how to stop the divide by zero error appearing in a cell.

Thanks, Graham

0
gbennet (3)

By testing the denominator as in:

=IF(B1,A1/B1,0)

=IF(N(B1),A1/B1,"")

"Graham Bennet" <gbennet@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Hello All,
>
> Does anyone know how to stop the divide by zero error appearing in a cell.
>
> Thanks, Graham

0
akyurek (248)
9/5/2004 8:12:19 PM
If A1=0, A2=20 for example,
=A2/A1 will give #DIV/0
=IF(A1<>0,A2/A1,0)
will give Zero if A1 is Zero, if not the result of the calculation, or
=IF(A1<>0,A2/A1,"Your Error Message")
will generate any message you want,
in other words, use the IF function to establish if the divisor is Zero or
not, if it is, Error message of your choice, if not, perform the
calculation,
Regards,
"Graham Bennet" <gbennet@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Hello All,
>
> Does anyone know how to stop the divide by zero error appearing in a cell.
>
> Thanks, Graham

0
alan111 (581)

DOMParser Undefined error
In IE8, Vista Home Premium SP2, I'm not able to open Kodak Gallery to access my account. It gives the error message " Message from webpage: 'DOMParser' is Undefined" . I click "OK", error popup disappears, and the Kodak webpage gives an eternal animated "Loading" icon. As far as I know, this is the only site I have this problem . Works just fine on Firefox 3.5. Anybody have a solution? Hi Rich, Message from webpage: means it is a coding fault on the web page... <sigh>they haven't properly tested their site</sigh&g...

Automatic divided by 100000
Hi all, On a new worksheet, when I type in a number in the cell, right after I hit "Enter", it automatic divide the number by 100,000, why this happened? Please help. Thanks. Gian Tools>options>edit and uncheck fixed decimal places Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Gian" wrote: > Hi all, > > On a new worksheet, when I type in a number in the cell, right after I hit > "Enter", it automatic divide the number by 100,000, why this happened? > Please help. > > Thanks. > > Gian Thanks. "Peo Sjoblom" wrote: > Tools>...

SMTP error 451 qq
Hello, I use microsoft nt 4 (sp6) and microsoft exchange server 5.5 sp4. When i try to send a message from a client the server reject the message with error "451 qq temorary problem (#4.3.0) error: 0x800ccc6a Any help ? Thanks Hi, Usually 451 would refer to unreolved domain name. Double check the return email addrress is ok. Regards Andrew "gymgen" <administrator@gym-gennad.dod.sch.gr> wrote in message news:%23FoLXj%23OEHA.3748@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I use microsoft nt 4 (sp6) and microsoft exchange server 5.5 sp4. > When i try to send...

macro error #2
Whenever I press enter or tab., etc. to exit a cell I get the error "The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros." The thing is, I do not believe I have any macros - I was playing around before but I believe I deleted them all. (When I go to Run Macros, there are none, and when I view code under General Declarations and Work Sheet, there is no code listed). Does anyone know of any solution to this problem other than to change my Macro security from High to Medium? Th...

Error when starting Outlook
Hi I am running a network with about 10 users on a LAN that connect to a mailserver abroad. All but 3 users have faultless access and experience no problems at all. On the 3 that crash as soon as outlook is opened i get the following error MSG: Outlook.exe - application error The instruction at "0x77fcbacc" references memory at "0xfffffff8" The memory could not be read. Sometimes the msg has "0x77fcc641" instead. i cannot find an answer on any site or newsgroup, please help! Pyro wrote: > Hi > > I am running a network with about 10 users on a LAN th...

socket error 10060 an error number 0X800ccc0e.??
Using the latest Windows Mail under my Vista Ultimate suddenly my outgoing mail through MSN.com ceased to function. I do receive mail through that server and I can send and receive mail through Gmail, through ATT mail and a few other servers but suddenly I can't send through MSN.com. I get a socket error 10060 an error number 0X800ccc0e. Any idea what is wrong and any potential fixes? Thanks! Ross M. Greenberg Please copy and paste the entire error message - not just the socket error data. "ross m. greenberg" <greenber@@gmail.com> wrote in messag...

Reports error 09-15-06
Hi all, When going into reports I get an error saying "an error has occured please contact your system administrator" I have seen a number of posts on this but none of them are fixing my problem. Can anyone help? This a install of crm 3.0 with SQL2005 Regards, Biplab Don't know if you have seen this post, but it may help: http://groups.google.com.au/group/microsoft.public.crm/browse_thread/thread/fbf65450e3cdf8b8/8d8c7bf4cd769fa7?lnk=gst&q=willerz&rnum=5#8d8c7bf4cd769fa7 I also have this problem, and this is what some others suggested. I don't have access to ...

changing the zero from a cell to an "X" instead of a zero
Hello, I have a cell, D1, that I made = B2. B2 is to be an "X" when filled in correctly but until it is used there is nothing in that cell so cell D1 it is a zero and I want it to be an "X". Does anyone know how to do this? Maybe you meant one of these .. In D1: =IF(B2="","",B2) D1 will remain "blank" until an input is made in B2, then it will simply reflect the input made Or, perhaps this In D1: =IF(B2="","","X") D1 will remain "blank" until an input is made in B2, then it will reflect a...

EXCEL ERRORS
I have just installed Excel 2003 as part of the 2003 Offoce package, but when I start Excel, I get the following message: Compile Error in hidden module:AutoExecNew By clicking on it, the program seems to work normally. Also, when I close, I get the following message: Compile Error in hidden module:DistMon Also the program closes automatically when I click the OK in the dialog box. However - It is rather annoying. Anyone know of a way to get rid of these messages? Thanks in advance http://support.microsoft.com/?id=307410 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q30741...

display leading zeros in telephone number
When I paste a list of telephone numbers, any leading zeros are not displayed. (eg. 0944.. shows as 944...) How can I display them corectly? Thanks Andy "Andy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08a701c3da94$2dd89710$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I paste a list of telephone numbers, any leading > zeros are not displayed. (eg. 0944.. shows as 944...) How > can I display them corectly? > > Thanks > Andy Format the cells as text before pasting the data. >-----Original Message----- >"Andy" <anonymous@discussions....

Outlook caused error OUTLLIB.DLL
Outlook 2000, Windows ME. I get the following error message when closing Outlook: "Outlook has caused an error in OUTLLIB.DLL. Outlook will not close." The KB has many items on OUTLLIB.DLL, but not this particular issue. Also, I've seen this question asked before, but no replies on how to fix the problem. rob.calm I found something myself in the KB that worked. KB310413 dealing with the interaction between Outlook and Mcafee VirusScan. The error was different than mine, but the procedure suggested eliminated my problem. >-----Original Message----- >Outlook 2000...

MSVCRT.DLL error...
Recently, when starting Outlook 2000, I started getting the message: "OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module MSVCRT.DLL at 0167:7800d4fl." & Outlook quits. I have tried the following: Making sure I had the latest service packs & updates Ran the repair office option from the install disk Completely removed & re-installed Office 2000 Replaced the MSVCRT.DLL file from the Win98 disk Ran the MS Libraries update And am still getting the same results! Can anyone help? Thanks- FYI, I'm running Win98 on a PII 500MHz with 64MB Ram. (I know, it's a dinosaur!) ...

Pivot
Hi, I have a pivot with Sales information. The data has multiple columns by various product category. I have added a count column next to each product column representing the dollar amount. Is there a way in Pivot to get a calculated field of Total amount / Count for each product to arrive at Average value per deal. Excel does not allow me to use Calculated Item to get the average number. Any suggestion is welcome. Regards Sandip. If you are unable to create the formula in the pivot table, have yo considered placing it in a row next to the table? Just a thought... -- SHMUNC ---------...

Error 8197
I have been getting this error for about a week or two. The error reads: Type: Error Category: General Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event ID: 8197 Error initializing session for virtual machine XXXXX. The error number is 0x80040111. Make sure Microsoft Exchange Store is running. The store is running and fully fuctional. I'm running Exchange on a Server 2000 SP4 and Exchange 2000 SP3. I'm getting this error every 50 minutes. I have researched this error but there isn't a solution that I see fitting. I haven't really seen a solution at all. I don'...

Padding cell length with leading zeros
I have a column in a spreadsheet that holds bank account numbers. Unfortunately, although a bank account number has to be 8 characters long (e.g. 00012345), some of the leading zeros have been dropped, meaning that the cell only contains, for example, 12345. Some fields only have one leading zero, so the field has been dropped to 7 characters long, whilst some have no leading zero so are already the required 8 characters long. There are 8000 lines on this spreadsheet so changing the lines manually is not feasible. Any idea how I could quickly change those fields that are not already ...

errors in defragmenting
My computer wont allow me to defragment it. When I go the route to go into the defragmentor it wont even open. my computer has been running real slow and I want to try to speed it up. Any help will be greatful. This is the first time I have been to this help site.I am using Windows XP Professional. In article <6B5FFBF7-1D00-468E-B361-A15FF71ADEF2@microsoft.com>, DG Trina <DG Trina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My computer wont allow me to defragment it. When I go the route to go into > the defragmentor it wont even open. my computer has been running real slow &g...

Error when I click Track in CRM
I have installed CRM Outlook and it is working perfectly. I am receiving emails in CRM Outlook but when I click 'Track in CRM' button in CRM Outlook, I get the message "Contact your System Administrator". Please help. Thanks Hi rajat, One of our clients has the same issue. We are in the process of looking at it with MS. Will post the results when we figure it out. Cheers, Nathan "rajat kalia" wrote: > I have installed CRM Outlook and it is working perfectly. I am receiving > emails in CRM Outlook but when I click 'Track in CRM' button in CR...

zero at the beginning of a telephone#
When I type 01243 32186 (telephone number) it is left aligned in the cell and exactly as it is typed. As soon as I move the cursor away from that cell, the telephone number flies across to the right in the cell and the '0' disappears so it reads 1243 32186 and is right aligned in the cell. As the data is to be used as a database I am using General cell formatting. Can anyone help me please to sort out these irritating jumping numbers? Precede your entries with an apostrophe (') or format your cells as 'Text'. Hope this helps! In article <D0EAB84D-53C0-478E-BB...

Download Error: Transactions to read:
I am running Money 2006 Standard Edition. I have some accounts the indicate that there are "transaction read" on the account list page even though I have accepted and reconciled all my register transactions. How do I eleiminate this message on the account list page? I have cleared my cache, done the file repair and the message is still there. Any suggestions? -- Thanks, Jen ...

Crystal Report error 09-16-03
I get this error when trying to run a report. Anyone have an answer to why? File frs://Input/a_203/000/000/203/bfc2fc0f7261340.rpt not found on File Repository Server. [On Cache/Page Server: DSM-CRM.pageserver] Jack, This typically means that the reports did not get installed on the server properly. This can happen as a result of the install not working properly or as a result of reinstalling on the same server. In either case, you need to contact MBS support as there is a utility they need to provide you that can fix this problem. HTH, Matt "Jack Trantham" <jtrantham@d...

how to display zero prefixes in worksheet cells such as phone numb
I want to know how to display a phone number with a zero prefix or a series of digits with a prefix of zero e.g 0427. When I input 0427 the cell shows 427. Format the cells to 0000. Right click>Format Cells>From the list select 'Custom' and enter 0000 in Type field. This will make sure the number you enter is always displayed as 4 digits.. -- Jacob "bomber bob" wrote: > I want to know how to display a phone number with a zero prefix or a series > of digits with a prefix of zero e.g 0427. When I input 0427 the cell shows > 427. &...

support for leading zeros in excel
I need to put leading zero's in excel cells. Can somebody please help. Thanks, Vincenzo Preformat the cell(s) as Text Precede your data entry with an apostrophe: '000123 Or give the cell(s) a custom format of: 00000 (via format|cells|number tab|custom category--use as many zeros as you need) Vincenzo wrote: > > I need to put leading zero's in excel cells. Can somebody please help. > > Thanks, > Vincenzo -- Dave Peterson ...

Unexpected error
Every time I try to start Outlook 2002, it gives me a message saying unexpected error. How do I save all my emails, tasks, contacts, appointments, etc. before I reinstall outlook? Try the Detect/Repair option first. the *.pst file contains the relevant emails etc, this is a hidden file Also http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2002/pfbackup.aspx David "Cory" <coryb79@cox.net> wrote in message news:008701c35c42$cfb3a640$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Every time I try to start Outlook 2002, it gives me a > message saying unexpected error. How do I save all my > emails, task...

do not show zeros in pivot chart (pie chart)
Is there anyway to suppress the zeros in a pivot chart? My pivot table shows activities for many different queues, and sometimes a particular queue won't have a value for an activity that another queue has. When i chart just this queue, the activity shows up as 0%. I don't want to delete the label, because then when i change to another queue that DID have that activity, the value won't show up. Any thoughts? thanks! ~klp On Wed, 18 Jul 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, klp <klp@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >Is there anyway to suppress the zeros in a pi...

Error message appears.
I have windowsXP, and when I try to start Firefox I get a "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library message which says: ***** Runtime Error! Program C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe The application has requested the Runtime terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. ***** I downloaded the latest version of Firefox last week. please help, Frank "Frank Martin" <fm@general.com.au> said this in news item news:#mAMWwkkKHA.4356@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I have windowsXP, and ...