Div 0 help

=(SUM(E98:F98)+D98/2)/(I98-G98)

This formula gives me a Div 0 error. How can I re-write it so that it stores
a value of 0 , if it encounters a Divide by 0 and executes the calculation if
>0
Help appreciated
Joe

maybe:

=if(i98=g98,0,sum(e98:F98,d98/2)/(i98-g98))

I combined your addition into the =sum() portion.  I thought it made it easier
to read.

On 05/17/2010 06:12, joey_boy wrote:
> =(SUM(E98:F98)+D98/2)/(I98-G98)
>
> This formula gives me a Div 0 error. How can I re-write it so that it stores
> a value of 0 , if it encounters a Divide by 0 and executes the calculation if
>> 0
> Help appreciated
> Joe
0
Dave

Hi! I need some quick help!
I'm doing a crossword puzzle for a computer class, and The answer is... "used in worksheets to manage data." It has 8 letters, and I think the 3rd letter is T.. Thank you!! Database springs to mind, though some would dispute the term in the context you have outlined. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ------------------------------...

4.0 Acceleration Software?
Have heard tell of a software "maybe called accelerate" that can be installed on the CRM server, which will increase speed and performance. My clients are complaining of slowness since crm has been installed. They all use Outlook client for desktop, and say there is a definite latency. I've been searching the web, but coming up empty on a software for this. Is it an urban myth or a secret that needs to be be shared? ...

Help Please with exchange setup for non-profit cancer think tank
Greeting new friends, I am director of the good samaritan http://www.goodsamaritaninstitute.com/ We need help setting up an exchange portal connecting medical school's cancer departments... The idea here is to set up an automated system used to share best teaching practices. They have given gsi $500 to create a system that connects the website http://www.cancertraining.org/ forums http://forums.goodsamaritaninstitute.com/ and the exchange server. I am willing to pay for help but need a wizard :) Best, Doug, aka thinkfast In news:1165858342.466147.114080@l12g2000cwl.googlegroup...

Help Needed with Finding a Function
I'm a new user to Excel, although I did attend a 3-level instructional class for the program at a computer instructional center. I'm working on a modelling exercise, and need to know which function to use when trying to figure out the following financial query: If I have a loan amount for $100K, and am trying to figure out how much the title costs are for the following line items, WHAT function is this? $5.75 per $1,00 for $1m to $100m = ___________ $5.00 per $,100 for $100m to $1mm = __________ These queries should be linked to the orginal loan amount, so this template can be uti...

Can anyone one help??
Hi, I have a worksheet that contains (to make it simple) the folowin info: Customer date shop cost sam 23/11/2005 asda �23.50 john 16/11/2005 tesco �14.60 marc 12/11/2005 sainsburys �15.00 andy 14/11/2005 M & S �23.50 steve 12/11/2005 sainsburys �19.00 paul 14/11/2005 M & S �15.00 bill 23/11/2005 tesco �12.00 burt 16/11/2005 sa...

Need help with cursor
Hello, I have a small GUI monitor application that doesn't have any controls on it. Basically its a frame with a title, menu bar, and client area. I dynamically size the frame for the contents of the client. The client window contains some status information about a service. I've noticed that the cursor gets changed to inappropriate values when the cursor is moved into the client area. For instance, moving the cursor in from the side may leave the cursor looking like the sideways-resize cursor. My application is written in MS VC++ v6.0. What events do I need to hook in...

Outsource your web development, CMS, CRM, ERP, Ecommerce, Elearning, software projects, we are here for help
We are dedicated php, ajax and open source programmers working in delhi, India. Looking for projects all over the world we can work on any projects in any regional language. We have-: * Strong familiarity with object oriented programming, ZEND, MVC framework. * Social networking platform websites, integration. * Development, customization of Open Source technologies like Joomla ( Component level development and customization), Wordpress, Drupal and open source e commerce platform like X-cart, Zen Cart. * Experience integrating third party API=92 s, Google Maps , Facebook and ...

Help!! PDF as background
I have a PDF form that I have to fill out certain price lines and then add them all up. Can I put the PDF in the background of an Excel sheet and then line up the cells to match the Price lines on the PDF sheet. Then just fill in the proper cells, have it add up the numbers, then just print it out background sheet, numbers & totals. Thanks for your help. WTG WTG I short probably not. Even if you could get the PDF to show as a background watermark, they do not print in Excel. If you import it as a picture you will not be able to see the cells. -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - E...

Mobile 6.0
Is Windows Mobile 6.0 supported for Microsoft CRM mobile? Thanks in advance CRM Mobile will install to the Windows Mobile 6 devices that we have tested. -Mike -- Micheal LoPatriello Coordinator, Luna Development mlopat@lunadevelopment.com http://www.lunadevelopment.com "Kuvenp" wrote: > Is Windows Mobile 6.0 supported for Microsoft CRM mobile? > > Thanks in advance > > ...

9.0 Client install
I have installed the client about 6 times now on different machines, and the average time it has been taking is about 30 minutes. This is ridiculous compared to the time it used to take on earlier versions. Any other reports of this and can this be fixed? I've even resorted to copying the entire CD to the C: drive of the PC I am working at to help speed up the process, but it still seems to take about 30 minutes. I haven't even experimented with the scripted install yet... ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with t...

Help what kind of formula?
I've used Excel formulas in a basic way (sums, averages, divisions, and multiplication of cell data) for about a year. I came across this formula today for a project I need to complete. I've never seen the "SUMIF" or the dollar symbol, OR the ampersand! After hilighting the formula to see if I could just figure it out, I'm stumped. Any chance someone could explain what function these symbols serve Here is the formula =SUMIF($D$3:$D$28,"="&$C38,H$3:H$28) :confused: -- Emil0 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Emil...

IWAN & IUSR bei Crystal Reports? *help*
Hi NG, my problem is that i can see the crystal reports, but when i open one i get "more information is needed". But till yesterday i could open reports!! Now after some search i see that i have no IUSR_servane and no IWAM_servername. how could this happen? My system is AD, SQL, CRM and each of them is one a seperate 2003 server. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Regards Nicolas F�hrs sound strange with the IWAN and IUSR. I offten have this problem. There are a techknowledge article with 13 resoluti...

Upgrading GP 7.0 to 9.0
Hi everyone, Can anyone guide on how to upgrade from Great Plains 7.0 to Dynmaics 9.0 ? Thank you very much Ajay There's no direct path from 7.0 to 9.0 so you'll first need to upgrade to 7.5 or 8.0. You'll want to look at the upgrade guides for those versions for specifics. I started this job the day the company upgraded from 7.0 to 9.0. They chose to do the 7.0 to 7.5 to 9.0 path but that may no longer be the best option since support for 7.5 has been discontinued. There are comprehensive upgrade guides available on customer source that should give you all the infor...

Help with writing a macro to create a list
Hi! I've been trying to create a macro for a while but I'm not having much success. Hopefully you guys can help! I have a list of all the orders placed for our product on one tab called "Orders", with a customer number in column B. On a second tab "Clients", you'll be amazed to find out that I have a list of clients (customer number in column B also). I want to write a macro which will create a list containing information on which customers havent ordered anything yet. This list should be on a tab called "Order missing". Basically, I...

CRM 3.0
Hi, I have been reading forums for a while now and have tried basically everything that I could get my hands on to try and resolve my problem and have not been successful. Here is my setup, the problem and then followed by what I have tried: Setup: --------- SBS 2003 Server 4 Gig of Ram, CRM 3.0 GIGbit Lan Mixture of XP and Vista PCs. (Total of 10 stations using the CRM) Problem: ------------ I have changed IE User Authentication to prompt for username and password. Login with any user account using IE 7 on XP or Vista. The Side Panel and Header display almost instantly. The First page is t...

Need Help for Worksheet
I have a workbook with many worksheets that has dollar amounts for various items. When I try to update a cell (that has a number) with a new number, the cell truncates the amount. All numbers are whole. Example: $2000 in original. When I try to change it to say, $4000, the cell shows only $40. Any cell that I am trying to change will only show the first two numbers, regardless of thousands, millions, etc. I know that this must be something simple; but I don't know what. Please help as this is a 20 sheet workbook with a lot of numbers that will change. Thanks to anyone to can help....

Formula help #28
Hi everyone, I am not a very experienced office user and need some help constructin a formula. What I have is a range of cells...and what I want to know is if th range consists of entries that are all numbers or all text. Basically, a boolean test to see if the range is either all numeric o all text. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks, Panka -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way: Assume your range is A1:A10, and you want to test that the range is all numeric. Array enter (CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER or CMD-RETURN): =AND(ISNUMBER(A1:A10)) To test if all test (a...

resource error
I'm having a lot of trouble with a dialog box I have created. It contains a CCheckListBox - I subclass it from a listbox control. I have manually edited the resource.h file and given unique resource ids for the dialog and the controls it contains. The application compiles and links fine but the problem occurs when it tries to draw the CCheckListBox. It always breaks at this line in winctrl3.cpp : VERIFY(bitmap.LoadBitmap(AFX_IDB_CHECKLISTBOX_95)); For some reason it can't create this bitmap. I don't know why. Here's the full function from the MFC source code: _AFX_CHEC...

Help with Formula in Staffing Model
I have a staffing model which tells me by month how may employees I need for our production line. I'm trying to setup a formula to identify the months we need to hire. Here is my example Month 11/1/2004 12/1/2004 1/1/2005 2/1/2005 3/1/2005 4/1/2005 5/1/2005 6/1/2005 7/1/2005 8/1/2005 9/1/2005 10/1/2005 11/1/2005 12/1/2005 Avg. FTE's Avg. FTE's Avg. FTE's Avg. FTE's Avg. FTE's Avg. FTE's Avg. FTE's Avg. FTE's Avg. FTE's Avg. FTE's Avg. FTE's Avg. FTE's Avg. FTE's Avg. FTE's Data Entry units entered per hour 6.1 6....

I need help with macros and check boxes.
I can record a macro to hide or unhide columns or cells but I need to reverse the process when the button toggles to the other position. I need the cells to be hidden until the box is "checked" but hide if it gets unchecked. Marc Hi Marc, Try this: Placed a check box on excel and paste this code below: Private Sub CheckBox1_Click() Range("A1").Select 'Active Cell Select If CheckBox1.Value = True Then Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = True Else: CheckBox1.Value = False Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = False End If End Sub Hope this helps. "Marc" wrot...

Help with creating a model serial number
I have the following code and it works okay, but I need to change how my serial number is created. Right now the user inputs the Serial# starting with the first 7 digits as follows: K05-123 Then the below code adds a "-" followed by 3 digits starting with 001 until it reaches the qty entered by the user. I actual need the user to input the serial# as following (example): K05-123- 020 or in other words they need to enter the starting serial number. From then on I need the code to assign a sequenctial number from that point until it reach's the qty input. Example ...

Help with combining cells
I have a macro that pulls data from a web table. The colums used are A-H. When importing some of the text in colum F is spread to mutipal rows. What I would like to do is go down column D till something is foound. If found, search the next row down to see if it is blank. If blank then add the contents from that row in column F to the one above then delete the row. Then on to the next row and till the end. Thanks Bob A couple of questions... 1. What if there are two or more blanks under the value found in Column D... how is that to be handled? 2. For the blank cell in ...

CRM 3.0 Opportunity history and related records
I am working with multiple quotes within a single opportunity. As a quote is revised and replaced by a new quote, a quote rule automatically schedules a task to follow-up the quote. This task appears in the history for the quote (once the task has been completed obviously), but it does not appear in the history for the opportunity. The quote is related to the opportunity as it appears in the quotes tab for that opportunity. I expected to see the history item in the opportunity history if I included 'Related Records' in the filter - but it's not there. Am I missing somethin...

VLOOKUP inconsistent ... help.
I have a spreadsheet with 4 pages; each page has a simple list, with a number in the left column and a letter in the right column. On the various pages I do a vlookup on the first column of the others ... some work and some just flat don't! How do I figure this out? BTW ... spreadsheet is at http://www.heritage-dr.com/vlookup-prob.xls How do I fix this? Thanks in advance. At first glance, looks like you have copied/dragged your vlookup formulas, without having absolute references in the lookup array. This makes the lookup array change for each row you copy the formu...

HELP!! Excel and PowPnt crash on startup in Office vx under 10.3.2
I'm getting crashes in Excel and PP whenever I try to run them. I'm running Panther 10.3.2 and have updated everything I can. Any suggestions? Thanks, Dan Dan Gordon <gojet@jetpropics.com> wrote: Hi Dan, > I'm getting crashes in Excel and PP whenever I try to run them. I'm > running Panther 10.3.2 and have updated everything I can. > Any suggestions? Try going to the preference folder in your user account and in the Microsoft folder, delete the Carbon registration database and the Office 10 font cache. These two files will be automatically re-create...