displaying the month

This is what I have in a cell:

=month(now())

That gives me the numerical value of the month.  Is there a way to hav
the cell display the month as the actual month and not the numerica
value?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give

Hi,
Try
=TEXT(NOW(),"MMM")

a way to have
>the cell display the month as the actual month and not
the numerical
>value?
>

>Thank you in advance for any help you can give.
>

>---
>
>.

0
mmzehr (177)

Dual Displays

Folder could not be displayed

Display Time in Outlook

How to select & display distinct values

outlook freezes when viewing in day,week, month mode
Hi, WHen I navigate to the calendar function Outlook 'locks up' and does not respond. Waiting for the activity to proccess does not work and i have to close it down and re-open. However, if I change to view to the list mode this doesn't occur. This seems to have started happening only after loading Business Contact Manager. I have reloaded both but still have the same problem. Can anyone help. On 3/8/2010 10:19 PM, GT Query wrote: > Hi, WHen I navigate to the calendar function Outlook 'locks up' and does not > respond. Waiting for the activity to p...

PK and FK Displayed

Formulas are displayed, results are not

How to make drop-down menu of months in schedule,when &#1089;hoose it
Please if someone could help me, how to make a drop-down menu of months in the schedule, and when you &#1089;hoose a specified month - day columnes are added in the schedule automatically??? I need only the new columns to be inserted depending on the lenght of the month, like when I choose Fabruary from the central drop-down menu (I attached the file template february.zip, please check it out) there must be 28 days inserted, when I choose March - there must be 31 days (more columnes) inserted, for April - 30 days and so on. As for schedule data like time of shifts - I will do it myself ,...

Months old reconciled transactions reappear as unacknowledged after QIF import
Running Money Plus Deluxe. I do not have direct download from my CU so I have to import QIF files. Intermittentlly when I download the latest transactions, Money instead comes up with no new transactions, but unmatches some old ones. Ttoday, I had 4 unmatched transactions appear from June and July. In one case, the same transaction number downloaded previously from July 3 was listed as a probably match for an entry already there AND as a separate item One was reconciled and one was marked E (the one considered unmatched). As I write this I consider the possibility that the QIF file I am ...

calendar sometimes opens in month view
every once in a while (sorry that i can't be more precise), i find that clicking on calendar, under 'all folders' , causes it to open in month view. i can go back to inbox, and again click on calendar and get month view again. for most of a day. then it goes back to opening on current day. which it does most of the time. i don't remember if this happens after a reboot, standby, or just for no apparent reason. actually i prefer month view and wish i could make it open this way all the time. any ideas about what it happening here? ...

Stop displaying a line

Money 2002 Monthly Reports
I am running win xp, money 2002 and whenever I go to run a monthly report I get a popup that states Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvience. It then has a checked box for Restart Microsoft Money and gives me options to Send Error Report or Don't Send. I have already tried the -s trick but still have the problem. Thanks for the help. Ryan Davis had this problem a couple of times - each event differant issue. First time: I recovered by going to the lastest backup I had available. Second time: I discovered when the report ...

Display or not display series

records before 6 months
Hello everyone, Anyone know how to select records before 6 months? Basically I have a date field and I need to select records older than 6 months from the current date. So today is 03/29/10. I would need all the records BEFORE 10/29/09. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks, Himansu On Mar 29, 2:24=A0pm, "Himansu" <himansu...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hello everyone, > > Anyone know how to select records before 6 months? > Basically I have a date field and I need to select records > older than 6 months from the current date. =A0So today is...

Displaying an equation
I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have equations in them. I want to have a cell that displays this equation with the answers that are calculated from these other cells displayed as values in the new equation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Check out http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm#getformula In article <E4143E2B-360A-4B43-955F-73BF8EC60694@microsoft.com>, "hoising8" <hoising8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have > eq...

Serialisation
A general query Im serialising a person object with the following member variables Class Person Private _forenames As String Private _surname As String Private _dob As Date Private _marital_status As MaritalStatus 'Public Get and Set Properties here for each of the above ' I'll not detail them all to save space but Ill show attributes <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="forename")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="surname")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="dob"...

New Email does not display
When new email arrives you don't know it. You don't know you have new mail until you click on an existing email in your inbox. Any ideas? It's a setting. But... 1. You don't tell us the program you're using. 2. We can't guess if it's Outlook or Outlook Express. 3. This is the Excel newsgroup; you're in the wrong place. :) ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Travis" <Travis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D864BC01-7D98-48DA-A132-614D02E45963@microsoft.com... > When new email arrives you don't know ...

Dynamic Chart Display
I have set up many dynamic charts using named ranges with the counta function. At times when reopened the data is not displayed properly - it will be skewed to the left with blank intervals although all data is there. It can be corrected by going to the data sheet and resaving the spreadsheet but this is very inconvenient and doesn't always work. This is particularly a problem when the spreadsheet is for distribution or to be used as part of a presentation. Does anyone know if there is a way to 'freeze' the display so this does not occur? Thank you! ...

Display 4 weeks of data
Hello all, I am trying to create a query in which data is displayed for the current month beginning with the first day of the week, first week of the month and ending with the last day of the week, last week of the month. In example: Today is Friday June 1, 2007 but the first day of the week would be Sunday, May 27, 2007. I would like the query to show data between 5/27/2007 through 6/30/2007 -OR- 4/29/2007 through 6/2/2007 for the previous month... Does anyone have any ideas? First day of the current month is DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date()), 1) Last day of the current month...

net display or pole display
We are a small beverage/specialty retailer. We have a requirement to install a customer viewable display. We are using a Pioneer POS that has an available USB and video port. 1. We are thinking of using a small, 7-9" monitor connected to the video port. Can we change the size of the fonts that are used to display pricing? 2. We tried hooking up a flat panel monitor to this port, but it didn't work (even with the net display check boxes activated). I think it is because we did not load drivers for the second monitor. We're a little apprehensive about messing up the touch s...