Displaying temparature data in degrees

How we display temparature information in degrees in an
excel spreadsheet?

Thanks for helping.

"Jijy" <jijy.jacob@agfa.com> wrote in message
> How we display temparature information in degrees in an
> excel spreadsheet?
>
> Thanks for helping.

Format the cell with a custom format. Make this format a number with as many
decimal places as you want followed by the degree symbol. This is 0176 in
the standard Arial font. So in the custom format window, you would type 0.0
(if you want one decimal place), then hold down ALT whilst typing 0176 on
the numeric keypad at the right of the keyboard and then releasing ALT.

0
Anon
9/22/2003 3:48:46 PM
Hi,

You will have to make a custom format.

  1.. With Insert > symbol.
  2.. Use the font Arial and find the symbol:�
  3.. Copy it from the cell it was inserted into
  4.. Format > cells. go to number
  5.. in Custom add 0.00 and paste �.

--
JP
jp@solutionsvba.com

"Jijy" <jijy.jacob@agfa.com> wrote in message
> How we display temparature information in degrees in an
> excel spreadsheet?
>
> Thanks for helping.

Many Thanks for the help.

For positve numbers: Format>Cells>Number>Custom>#"�">OK
--
Greeting from the Gulf Coast!
http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays
"Jijy" <jijy.jacob@agfa.com> wrote in message
> How we display temparature information in degrees in an
> excel spreadsheet?
>
> Thanks for helping.

0
twodays (259)

how can I format output data to a file
How can I format data for output to a file in a particular format ie. 6 chars 25 chars 49 chars from 3 work sheet columns which a not 2,25 and 49 long. This is so that the data can be read by another program. If the first cell only has a "1" in it how do I get excel to output blanks to fill the space to 6 char for the first output? Set your column widths to the field widths you want (6, 25, 49). Set the text alignment for each column to what you want if the default (left for text and right for numbers) is not correct. Then do a File, Save As and pick Formatted Text as the f...

Can I replace OpenDocumentFile()'s error display?
I am using AfxGetApp()->OnLoadDocument() to programatically open documents from. I am checking the success of the call with the return value and displaying a Message Box to the user which has more information than the default error message box from the OnLoadDocument() call. Is there a simple way to eliminate the first messagebox and replace it with my own. Would I have to write my own OnLoadDocment()? Thanks eng ...

Deleting data entries but not formats
Hi newsgroup, I have some trouble with excel... and with a document which I use for serial mails via Mail Merge. Now I need to clean all old data entries and prepare it for the next use. But if I simply delete the entries or do it via Clear-Entries then I have problems because conditional formatting will also be deleted and furthermore the mail merge cant work anymore because some fields are not found anymore. Does someone know how I can only delete the data entries, nothing else? The Mail merge runs via SQL and I'm not quite good in it... Thanks a lot in advance and a nice weeken...

How do I fit a graph to data?
I work at a non-profit agency. We receive funds on an annual basis for our work, which we distribute under contract to other agencies. The full details aren't important, the main point is the rate of "burn" through the money. We use different mechanisms to ensure that it lasts throughout the fiscal year, such as breaking it up into smaller chucks, etc. I watch the burn rate to see how it is going. I record this on a daily basis in an Excel spreadsheet. Due to business practices with the other agencies, the burn rate isn't a simple linear graph with a negative slo...

display the result
I have the following programme.module for generating all possiible combination of in a group of 3 items and it works like this Private Sub Command1_Click() Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset Dim stocknames() As String Dim i As Long Dim j As Long Dim k As Long Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset rs.ActiveConnection = CurrentProject.Connection rs.Open "select stockname from stocknames order by stockname", , adOpenForwardOnly, adLockReadOnly i = 0 ReDim stocknames(0) Do While Not rs.EOF ReDim Preserve stocknames(i) stocknames(i) = rs.Fields("stockname") i = i + 1 rs....

item list should display more fields
when looking through item list, it would be nice if more fields were available to see. If I am trying to find a specific item I don't always know what the lookup code is for a size or color. I would like the option to choose which fields are available for me to look at (like on a report) so I can more quickly find items in the list. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this lin...

formula displaying only right-hand characters
Hello: Although I am going to be using this as a Crystal formula, this would likely work in SQL Reporting Services or Excel as well. In GP 10.0, there are a string of characters of course representing Inventory Item IDs. Some of these IDs have a dash in the middle followed by several alphanumeric characters, afterward. The number of characters after the dash is anywhere from 3 to 7 and can include a period. The number of characters to the left of the dash is 5. So, the dash is in the 6th place, while the characters after the dash begin at the 7th place. I want to use that formula t...

adding new columns sheet with external data
I have a excel sheet that I import data from a external database and then i added columns to the sheet that have entries made by me. When the data refreshes if the data is no longer coming from the external it leaves the data that i entered still there. I want it to delete the whole row and leave no data at all external or internal for that line that now does not exist can this be done? ...

Help with a formula to determine data presence in other worksheets in the same workbook
I have a workbook with 20+ worksheets in it. Each worksheet contains a series of columns where generally the 'key' (not a real key but the term will suffice for this example) is in the first column and various attributes of that key exist in subsequent columns. I have a summary sheet as the first one and what I want is a base formula that will tell me if the value I'm looking for exists in a target worksheet (the 'key' column) and if it does, does the value in one of the subsequent 'value' columns match some pattern. I have searched around but I don't really ...

Populating XML data
Hi Guys, I'm fairly new to Powershell (and XML) and have come across a stumbling block that I can't resolve. I'm trying to write some code to poulate an XML file with data about sites within our organisation. This issue is with the nested nodes (I think they're called nodes?) The XML which I hand wrote looks like this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <Organisation> <Site> <Code>MEL</Code> <Name>Melbourne</Name> <MailServer>MAILSRV1</MailServer> <State>VIC</State>...

Import data from the web
I am trying to import large amounts of data from the web onto a spreadsheet. After about 200 updates, I start getting an error message that indicates the site and then informs me that "the connection to this internet site took longer than the allotted time". I assume this is because I am hitting the site too many times in a few minutes. IS there any way to fix this? Can I put some sort of spacing line into the spreadsheet so that it gives the site a break? Thanks take a look at ENBLEEVENTS -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software Granite Shoals, TX donaldb@281.com "mi...

Graph Data Values
I am trying to create a pick and mix graph that shows forecast spen against actual spend by a selected business area. I somehow want to create a graph on the fly based on the selections fo example: If I choose company one and want to see the contracted data I want th graph to pick up the forcasted contracted Labour, Passthru and Othe and show the combined contracted actuals; See attached; and if i then choose company 2 then graph will pick up the releven ranges? HELP!! Attachment filename: help.zip Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachmen...

Error when trying to save data
Hello, This is a new CRM install on a Windows 2003 server. The problem is an error whenever we try to save any data. When checking from the server looks like this: Server Error in '/' Application. A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (crmFormSubmitXml="<systemuser><firstna..."). Description: Request Validation has detected a potentially dangerous client Can someone please send out the fix information "In detail" including links, and locations of files? Thanks, Mark Microsoft CRM is not designed to run on server 2003. ...

Filling cells with Serial Port Data
Hi All Anyone know how I would go about filling Excel spreadsheet cells with data from the serial port? Thanks "Funster" <fun.ster@ntlworld.com> wrote in news:z%oWb.9627$q%6.2970724@newsfep2-win.server.ntli.net: > Anyone know how I would go about filling Excel spreadsheet cells with > data from the serial port? probably one of the first results on http://www.google.com/search?q=excel+data+acquisition will tell you what you want -- My email address has an extra @ (spell it out) and an extra invalid. Please remove them if you are not a spammer or list broker and ...

Excel 2007, Sort data by no. similar entries?
Is it possible with Excel 2007 to sort data by the number of similar entries within a column? I.E Row1 Row2 1977 Andrew 1980 Andrew 1960 Rachel 1950 Rachel 1940 Rachel 1965 John What I want to be able to do is sort data in Row2 so that Rachel shows 1st as she has 3 entries, then Andrew and finally John as he only has a single instance, is this possible? Thanks, Andrew. How about using a helper column? I read your row1 as column1 and row2 as column2, and put the formula like "=COUNTIF(B$1:B$6,B1)" into C1 and copy it down to C6. then , sort the table b...

How to Select large amount of data in a colum that equals column from another table.
Ive got a huge table and I want to select the data in one column that is equal to that of a column in another table? is there an easy way to do this? Thanks One way, if you know the parameters of the original, is to type the references in the name box and hit <Enter>. For example, click in the name box and enter: E1:E65000 Then <Enter>. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Jennifer Burnel" <jenburnel@babooshka.net> wro...

adding lines to added data
I have added data to an existing worksheet but when printed the row lines and column border lines do not show. How do I add the lines to the added border to match the existing lines? ...

Insert sheet, move to end, rename with cell data.
I've spent most of my day trying to ask VB to do this for me, but don't know how to communicate it correctly. I have column A in "List"(Sheet1) with 150 entries. I want to create 150 sheets with Sheet numbers of 2-151. However, I would like for the tabs to read what the appropiate cell in "List" says.... ie if +++ (column A) ___ Fun Not Fun Cool +++ was my column, I would like the first four tabs to read "List" (my original sheet), "Fun", "Not Fun", and "Cool". Then they would appear in Microsoft Visual Basic as Sheet1(List...

vlookup help linking data between worksheet
hi, I have a master list of students (about 200+ )in one worksheet. On the succeeding worksheets are the attendance for seminars. We have more than 20 seminars in a year. Because of the large no of attendees per seminar, I usually type out a list of the students who came for each seminar, so there will be 20 +attendance worksheets. Not all students will come every time and there are new ones for each session. To update on master list, I will sort each sheet by surname, print it out and type in separate column (date) for each session and typed "P" for present and &quo...

How do I chart the same data cell on a range of worksheets?
I have the same row of cells on numerous worksheets that I want to chart or consolidate onto another worksheet ? Keith - You need to create a consolidated data range: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Keith wrote: > I have the same row of cells on numerous worksheets that I want to chart or > consolidate onto another worksheet ? ...

Display file in EUC japanese format
I have several files in EUC format containing a mix of English and Japanese characters. I want to dump them into a CEdit. I have created a unicode app. I have selected "Arial Unicode MS" as the CEdit font. I have used CStdioFile to open one of the files and have used SetWindowText to display the text in the CEdit. The English characters display properly, the japanese do not. I have tried to use MultiByteToWideChar but, if that is the way to go, I can't get it to work properly. I am using an English W2K with Japanese IME installed (in case it is relevant). The conversion shou...

Dynamic range (column); include only rows before blank row above more data
Hello: One worksheet will contain more than one table holding lookup values (prices, CPU speed, etc.). They will be located one on top of another, with possibly some other data between tables, separated by at least one blank row. They will be expandable by row, as new prices, CPUs, etc. are added. I want the range name to expand and reflect all the rows in a table. Using a column as an example of tables, a (in A1) b c d e f represent 2 tables (ranges). Excel Hacks has the code for Define Name "Refers to" as =OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,0,0,MATCH("*",Sheet1!$A$1:$A$100,-1...

Export data to txt format file
Can I write a VB procedure that will export a table of data with specific widths? I done it manually, but no success with VB procedure -- pad On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 19:36:01 -0800, paduanow <wpaduano@go.com> wrote: >Can I write a VB procedure that will export a table of data with specific >widths? I done it manually, but no success with VB procedure Take a look at the Help for "TransferText". Yes, you can create an output specification with fixed width files, in code just as you can using File... Export. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Accountextensionbase missing data ? Help
Hi I have a customer who has moved CRM 3.0 to new server by them self and I have converted it to CRM 4.0 Now they have made some custom fields and we are able to save data in these fields on new accounts but not on the old ones. We can save data in the old fields. I then took a look at the database and there is only fields in the accountextensionsbase since after they moved the database. How can I fix this ? They can merge each to a new customer but that would take a long time. Can I do a insert into with data from the Account table or is there another solution ? ...

Export Data from MS-CRM
Is there a way to export all of the data from MS-CRM? Thats a rather general question,......you mean export to another CRM system or just export into another medium? For the most part, most areas have that little excel icon so that you can export into excel...... or you can go into the SQL server and use the export wizard, although I don't think its going to be what you want,....for the most part it will be raw data and you'll have to recreate the relationships and primary fields to see how the objects relate.......... -Gary "John O'Keefe" <jokeefe@finepoint.com...