Display Screen 1/2 Grid; 1/2 VBE (or at least Code Window)

Is there a way (button, command, etc) to be able to view (quickly, and side
by side)
a my worksheet (only 1 workbook is open say) and my code window?

0
jmay (696)

If you just want to look at macros do a cltr+' (key to left of 1).

John
North Yorkshire
UK

"Jim May" <jmay@cox.net> wrote in message
> Is there a way (button, command, etc) to be able to view (quickly, and
> side
> by side)
> a my worksheet (only 1 workbook is open say) and my code window?

0
jp1 (93)
10/1/2004 12:49:29 PM
Jim

With Excel workbook open to the sheet of your choice and VBE open to your
module.....

Grab the edge of the VBE window and drag it over half way to reveal the sheet.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 07:38:24 -0400, "Jim May" <jmay@cox.net> wrote:

>Is there a way (button, command, etc) to be able to view (quickly, and side
>by side)
>a my worksheet (only 1 workbook is open say) and my code window?

0
Gord

I can't get Windows XP Professional started!
Everytime i start my computer, it comes up with a black screen saying: Windows XP Professional could not start due to damage in/ or missing file: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM\ press r to repair, but nothing happens. It's a laptop and I have no XP CD for it. The computer came with XP on it, so all I've got is a product key on a label. I can't start it in failsafe condition or anything else when I use F8, it just goes back to the previous??? I can, however, enter the BIOS settings screen (F2), if that's any help. I was wondering if I could just delete the who...

Connection Issue with Outlook, being prompted with a logon screen
Recently some newly created users are not able to acces Exchange (2003 sp2) with Outlook (2003). These users are prompted with a generic logon screen. After entering in their username and password several times the user is still prompted with the same logon screen. I tried logging in as administrator with no luck (using both administrator and domain\administrator). The user can log into WebAccess with no issues, just Outlook. I did notice something similiar when trying to run the Outlook TZMove.exe utility. The administrator for many accounts (but not all) is prompted with the login...

Dual Displays

adding code to sort a list in VBA
I have a user form that enters data to a file and the file should be sorted in date order. How can I add code to an already existing code in Visual Basic so that after the user clicks the "OK" button the data gets entered, then after that it automatically sorts the data according to the date column. I tried recording a macro to do it and then copy/paste it to the code but i get an error. Any ideas as to what the code should look like, where it should be placed in the program? Thanks Tim --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi! A good start would be to show ...

Stencils #2
Anyone know the authorative place for stencils or templates? I have used almost everything in the office update page. Anything else / better? -wp On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 10:04:32 -0500, "Wild Packet" <wp@contoso.com> wrote: >Anyone know the authorative place for stencils or templates? > >I have used almost everything in the office update page. Anything else / >better? http://visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

sync contacts/calander for 1 user between 2 servers
I have a user who has an account on two exchange 5.5 servers (two different NT domains). This user would like their contacts and calendar sync'd between the two servers (does NOT want email sync'd). The two servers have full IP (no firewall or nat) visibility to each other but otherwise have nothing to do with each other. Anyone have any ideas? ...

Sort parameters #2
Hey all, I have a worksheet that has 12 columns and 50 rows. I want to sort by various columns, do I need to select the entire worksheet so that the information is sorted correctly? Here is an example of my sort first name - last name - age - phone # - address - zip code I want to say "sort by last name" or "sort by age" Thanks! Abe, Select all the used columns in your worksheet, e.g., A:L, then go to the Data menu, choose Sort, and select the column by which you want the data sorted. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consult...

Vba code cannot select text pasted from .txt file
The data I'm working with is from a .txt file which was created by exporting a .pdf to a text file. I copy all of the text from the .txt file and paste it into a column in Excel. When trying to reference any column, row, or range on the sheet with the pasted text, I get the following error: Run-time error '1004': Application-defined or object-defined error. Sample code: Sheets("Sheet5").Select ' <this works fine Columns("A:A").Select ' <this gets the error I've tried pasting the text with other paste special options. I'v...

NDIS 5.1 IM Driver on Windows Server 2008 failing after sleep
Hello, I have observed a strange behavior with NDIS 5.1 IM drivers on Windows 2008 servers. If a server has a NDIS 5.1 IM driver installed and is sent to sleep and woken up, Active connections "hang" and disconnect after a while. Steps to reproduce: 1. Install passthru sample on a Windows 2008 Server. 2. Connect to the server using telnet or any other service that allows you to keep the connection alive. 3. Send the computer to sleep (Regular sleep, Not hibernate). 4. Wake the server up. 5. Try to send data from the client to the server. - Fail This exact proced...

Folder could not be displayed

Maximum File Size #2
What is the maximum recommended file size for an Excel workbook? Hi see: http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Lynn" <Lynn@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:EC7732CE-8678-426A-8400-0836D87D80D8@microsoft.com... > What is the maximum recommended file size for an Excel workbook? ...

Outlook addressbook #2
Hi, I have reinstalled my MS outlook 2003 and after that i tried to import my personal folders data. It worked good until i decided to create a new rule; when i clicked the people or distribution list i received this message: "The address book list could not be displayed. The contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from outlook address book see the Help.". Well i could find anything in help. When i go to my contacts i see them ...

Open a database with no window, just form
I now have my own, home-built Auto FE Updater which basically involves first launching a version-checker database (.mdb) which checks the file date of the current app file on the user's local drive against the latest version on a shared network drive and downloads from the net if the app version isn't the latest. Then the version-checker mdb calls the actual application database. All of the above works nicely and is obviously easy to implement. So what's my problem? Well, it may be nitpicky but I don't want the user to know that the version-checker is actually a separat...

How to create a 2 columns and 2 lines graph with non-related value
Hi, I am trying to create a graph with 2 columns and 2 lines. I am able to get the 2 colums ($000 value) and one line easily ($000 value), however the 4th data series is completely out of range (it's a percentage value ranging between 8 and 10%). I can see the line completely flat on the bottom axis but would like to be able to move it up so it kind of "hangs over" the columns. Any ideas that do not involve complexed programming? Thanks, Double click on the line, and on the Axis tab of the Format Series dialog, select Secondary. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Exc...

Windows Firewall switching itself back on?
This happens on 2 PC's using XP/SP3, I disable it because I'm using Zone Alarm Free. It blocks the PC's from sharing files etc. when it does this. Tried Comodo firewall but found it very irritating and the same thing was happening.. -- Kenny Cargill Something's (very) wrong on all 3 computers. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and are your subscriptions current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the c...

Queues #2
Hi, Client has 3 seperate queues - one is working ok, the other two are having intermittent problems. All set up with disabled accounts, SELF permissions on mailbox and associated external account. Noted that Exchange is reporting an error on the exchange accounts as follows: Disabled user /o=xxx /ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=xxxx.xxxx does not have a master account SID. Please use Active Directory MMC to set an active account as this user's master account. Not sure what the error message is or what resolves it. Appreciate any help you can provide ...

collection letter #2
I am trying to create collection letters to include all A/R detail. I have managed to include the invoice detail but this does not show any payments, returns or credit memos. Is there a way to include these? We have been using a modified trial balance as a statement to show all activity and have it aged in buckets. This requires an additional cover sheet since there is no easy way to have this report formatted to align in a window envelope. This is a time consuming task. I do not like the statements that are generated using the sales routines since that includes every transaction ...

Word Cells into Excel Cells #2
How does one import a cell formatted Word file *.doc into cells within Excel *.xls. By "cell formatted Word file", do you mean a table? I would simply select table and click copy. Then open excel and paste it where you want it to appear. J "gary" wrote: > How does one import a cell formatted Word file *.doc into > cells within Excel *.xls. > > > jayceejay Wrote: > By "cell formatted Word file", do you mean a table? I would simpl > select > table and click copy. Then open excel and paste it where you want i > to > ap...

Changing Codes
I have a series of product codes that all begin with a zero e.g 0455 0343, 0325. I want to change all the zeros to a 9 is there a quick way of doin this? Chri -- cj2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cj21's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2567 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=40144 Maybe using a helper cell and using a formula? ="9"&mid(a1,2,255) (255 is just a very big number to get the remainder of the text.) If these are numbers just formatted to show ...

hotkeys and keyup #2
Hi I would like to thank everyone for suggestions concerning hotkeys and keyup. What I am using is CE .Net though if there is a solution that also works in regular windows that would be good. I am willing to give most anything a try. What I have is a program that sits in the background and waits for a keystroke to run certain functions. One for keydown and one for keyup. The functions talk to an external device on a serial connection, but the main thing is that I need a method to get those keystrokes no matter what application is on top. The impression that I get is that Hotkey will send the...

Display Time in Outlook

Unable to open default folders #2
Mail was working fine until I tried to merge documents using to print labels. Now when I try to open out I get the message: Unable to open default e-mail folders.....do not have access to file xxx/xxx/outlook.pst How can I recover this file. It seems to have vanished. If you're using Windows 2000 or XP, the .PST file may be in a hidden or system folder. When searching for all .PST files, make sure you've enabled searching within hidden and system folders. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the new...

mail enabled public folder #2
I have created a public folder and mail enabled, I have also made sure that anonymous has contributor permission. However, I cannot send emails to this public folder from an external domain. Internal is OK, anyone have any ideas What's the text of the NDR? kevin wells wrote: > I have created a public folder and mail enabled, I have > also made sure that anonymous has contributor permission. > > However, I cannot send emails to this public folder from > an external domain. Internal is OK, > > anyone have any ideas "Default" must also have contri...