display only one formula

i'm taking a computer test and i need to know how to display my formula when
it prints so the formula doesn't calculate, but i only need one of the
formulas to be shown the rest need to stay in calculated form. How would i do
this?

Hi

Format the cell as Text, select the cell, press F2, and then Enter keys.

--
When sending mail, use address arvil<at>tarkon.ee
Arvi Laanemets

"norcalchick2207" <norcalchick2207@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:6F223ADF-4546-44C9-8BC8-6D2825872C10@microsoft.com...
> i'm taking a computer test and i need to know how to display my formula
when
> it prints so the formula doesn't calculate, but i only need one of the
> formulas to be shown the rest need to stay in calculated form. How would i
do
> this?

0
garbage (651)

Dual Displays

Excel Visual Formula Help For Adding
I have a formula stating Range("G5000").End (x1up).Select and am wanting to add to this where in the selected cell you add 1 + the first cell up. Thank you 1) First of all it should read: XLUP and not X1UP. 2) Your - after correction - formula selects the last filled cell in a range. I'm not sure I understood the rest of your requext... Assuming that the last cell being selected. by the command - what do you want to do from this point and on...? Micky -- והמשך/י, נא, לקרוא את השורה הבאה: *********** אם תגובתי עזרה לחץ/י, נא, על <כן> בפס האופקי התחתון! ...

Gotta ask one more time ...
Hi Folks, Can anyone explain to me how I can create a budget based on my own numbers - without the program (2003) changing them based on my previous spending? Isn't the whole point of a budget to STAY within the budgeted limits? I just can't figure out why the budgeting feature arbitrarily changes my budgeted values. Even when I start over from scratch, with a new budget, it just repopulates it the way it wants to - ignoring the numbers I put in to the budget planner. I have ignored the autobudget altogether. I have clicked autobudget and unchecked all the values. I have begged and...

Define name box size too small for viewing large formulas
Hi, When we create a new name using insert and define name then if the formula is long it becomes difficult to view the whole formula. Also one is not able to use navigation buttons left,right here as if we do that then the formula gets modified. is there any way to see the whole formula. Like for creating ever expanding validation list using Debra's technique one uses offset etc but one is not able to view the whole big formula. Please guide me. Regards, Hari India Hi try hitting F2 while in this text box. After this you should be able to navigate within this box. -- Regards Frank ...

Find cell which returned maximum value in formula
-- De De, try this, =CELL("address",INDEX(A:A,MATCH(MAX(A:A),A:A,0))) will show the first one if there are more than one -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "De" <De@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A17DFFDA-BE05-463C-B68D-65FE235E6098@microsoft.com... > > -- > De Thanks, Paul, but I found this hard to follow. Excel kept returning that I had disabled macros but yo...

Folder could not be displayed

One more TIME
Hi all After downloading data it is presented with a decimal(period) between the hours and minutes i.e.7.20 is really 7 hours and 20 minutes. Some data appears in hundreds eg 985.35. I need to compare this data with other correctly formatted timed data ie 7:20 to establish variances. I realise that i could use Tools/Autocorrect replacing the decimal with a colon but this changes the 7.20 to 07:02 and there is the danger that I might forget to change it back later. Is there a solution? Can this be done automatically by macro etc as there is quite a lot of data. Thanks in advance. Angelo Hi ...

Message Box On One Sheet Only
I have a large spreadsheet with multiple worksheets in it. When one specific worksheet is selected (it does the calculations used on the other pages) I would like a pop-up text box to appear warning the user not to print it. Is there a relatively easy way to do this given that I can't write VB (though I can follow it in the VB editor)? I have been able to create a pop-up that appears on every page by putting an Auto_Open Msgbox in the ThisWorkbook module, but can't figure out how to get it to work on only one worksheet - is this a syntax probem or can't it be done?. Anoth...

Simple formula not working
=IF(F4=1,H4,-1) Nearly all cells have numeric values, and for those with a value of 1 it works correctly, where the values are numeric it also works correctly. BUT - a few cells have 1 or 2 alphabetic characters, which means they are not equal to 1, so should yield a value of -1. For example I want XY, as it is clearly not 1, so condition F4=1 fails, to evaluate to -1 The referenced cells are formatted number. Is Excel flawed or am I missing something? Excel 2002 SP3 I would use: =IF(VALUE(F4)=1,H4,-1) Kind regards, Erny <ato_zee@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:I-udnel...

How to select & display distinct values

Display Time in Outlook

PK and FK Displayed

Changing Constants in several macros in one go
Dear Experts: For a table macro (see below) I have defined two constants ... .... strConstantBlue: representing the RGB value for borders, .... strConstantBlue_2: representing the RGB value for background pattern color. I got SEVERAL similar table macros all with the SAME constants, i.e. .... strConstantBlue and .... strConstantBlue_2. How can I set NEW values for these two constants in all the affected macros in one go, using an InputBox? That is, after entering the new values for the constant <strConstantBlue>, say (44,33,22), the values for these constants have to ...

Formulas are displayed, results are not

Array formulas vs Getpivotdata
I think that the GETPIVOTDATA function should be promoted above the use of array formulas. I would appreciate comments from the experts. My major problem with array formulas (and the much more user friendly SUMPRODUCT function which I used later) is that they slow down a workbook a lot as they are computation demanding and are recalculated every time a cell is changed anywhere in the workbook. I am probably the only person still using Windows 98 and a PII with office 2000, so maybe it is not an issue for others! I have managed to get the same result using a pivottable and the GETPIVOTDATA fu...

Two address/one box
Due to a server crash we made changes to email addresses. Now some people are not receiving their email. Can we have two email addresses going into one email box? How? Please be specific as I am new at this. Thanks! You can set up an alias for the person within the exchange properties (sorry can't remember which tab) "Sam" wrote: > Due to a server crash we made changes to email addresses. Now some people > are not receiving their email. Can we have two email addresses going into > one email box? How? Please be specific as I am new at this. > Thanks! ...

Stop displaying a line

Insert formula to range of rows (Variable) from macro
I am getting a debug error 'Compile Error, Expected: end of statement' for the following formula insertion: Set Rng = Worksheets("Calculate").Range("E2:E30") Formula = "=IF(ISBLANK(D3)=TRUE,"Blank",IF(D3>=$D$2+($D$2*0.05),"Over",IF(D3<=$D$2-($C$2*0.05),"Under","Pass")))" Column B has a variable number of rows which I need to drag the formula down for so am putting rows 2-30 as there will never be more than this. Is there a better way of doing this? Any help appreciated Try Range("E2:...

Display or not display series

Displaying an equation
I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have equations in them. I want to have a cell that displays this equation with the answers that are calculated from these other cells displayed as values in the new equation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Check out http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm#getformula In article <E4143E2B-360A-4B43-955F-73BF8EC60694@microsoft.com>, "hoising8" <hoising8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have > eq...