Display one number in a cell even though 2 numbers get pasted into the same cell? #2

Ok.  Maybe I didn't explain myself thoroughly.

I don't care about the second number.  I just want to get rid of th
second number in the cell and only keep the first.

Can I do this by using Data - Seperate Text into columns?  If so, ho
do I do this?

Any other possible suggestions?

DrSues0

--
DrSues0
DrSues02's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1256

Yep.

Select that column of cells.
data|text to columns
delimited by space
do not import the second column

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Dual Displays

Gotta ask one more time ...
Hi Folks, Can anyone explain to me how I can create a budget based on my own numbers - without the program (2003) changing them based on my previous spending? Isn't the whole point of a budget to STAY within the budgeted limits? I just can't figure out why the budgeting feature arbitrarily changes my budgeted values. Even when I start over from scratch, with a new budget, it just repopulates it the way it wants to - ignoring the numbers I put in to the budget planner. I have ignored the autobudget altogether. I have clicked autobudget and unchecked all the values. I have begged and...

Milwaukee 1680-21 13 amp 1/2-inch Super Hawg Joist and Stud Drill
Price:$610.00 Image: http://thediscountdatabase.info/image.php?id=B00006AGPX Best deal: http://thediscountdatabase.info/index.php?id=B00006AGPX To the gentleman who reviewed the 1680-21 and gave it 4 stars for simply arriving at the house and didn't test it;"gee that makes sense" During installation of a waste line section (4") the bi-metal bit jammed on low speed. I now understand why the manual devotes significant time to being careful. Two days and some Ben-Gay does wonders. We could not be happier with our purchase. It was delivered promptly and works better than...

Printing #2
A colleague of mine has a problem with Excel files that look fine in print preview but when printed out the left hand side is missing. Margins are set at 1.5cm. Hope someone can help as to why this is happening. Thanks, Sharon ...

Folder could not be displayed

Maximum File Size #2
What is the maximum recommended file size for an Excel workbook? Hi see: http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Lynn" <Lynn@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:EC7732CE-8678-426A-8400-0836D87D80D8@microsoft.com... > What is the maximum recommended file size for an Excel workbook? ...

Dynamic Range Based on Cell Result not Empty Cell
I use dynamic ranges in excel. I use them to name ranges that vary i size due to varyin data. For example, I may dump data in F2 which ma span 3 rows or 100 rows. I use the following formula to name th range: =OFFSET($F$2,0,0,COUNTA($F2:$F65536),1) However, I now want to define the range based on the cell result. Tha is assume that I have a constant formula from F2 to F102. However th cells in the column either have a number in them or a "" in them. Th formula above will automatically size the range to F2:F102 becuas there is a formula in every row. How can i write a formua...

Stencils #2
Anyone know the authorative place for stencils or templates? I have used almost everything in the office update page. Anything else / better? -wp On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 10:04:32 -0500, "Wild Packet" <wp@contoso.com> wrote: >Anyone know the authorative place for stencils or templates? > >I have used almost everything in the office update page. Anything else / >better? http://visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

Sort parameters #2
Hey all, I have a worksheet that has 12 columns and 50 rows. I want to sort by various columns, do I need to select the entire worksheet so that the information is sorted correctly? Here is an example of my sort first name - last name - age - phone # - address - zip code I want to say "sort by last name" or "sort by age" Thanks! Abe, Select all the used columns in your worksheet, e.g., A:L, then go to the Data menu, choose Sort, and select the column by which you want the data sorted. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consult...

sync contacts/calander for 1 user between 2 servers
I have a user who has an account on two exchange 5.5 servers (two different NT domains). This user would like their contacts and calendar sync'd between the two servers (does NOT want email sync'd). The two servers have full IP (no firewall or nat) visibility to each other but otherwise have nothing to do with each other. Anyone have any ideas? ...

One more TIME
Hi all After downloading data it is presented with a decimal(period) between the hours and minutes i.e.7.20 is really 7 hours and 20 minutes. Some data appears in hundreds eg 985.35. I need to compare this data with other correctly formatted timed data ie 7:20 to establish variances. I realise that i could use Tools/Autocorrect replacing the decimal with a colon but this changes the 7.20 to 07:02 and there is the danger that I might forget to change it back later. Is there a solution? Can this be done automatically by macro etc as there is quite a lot of data. Thanks in advance. Angelo Hi ...

Message Box On One Sheet Only
I have a large spreadsheet with multiple worksheets in it. When one specific worksheet is selected (it does the calculations used on the other pages) I would like a pop-up text box to appear warning the user not to print it. Is there a relatively easy way to do this given that I can't write VB (though I can follow it in the VB editor)? I have been able to create a pop-up that appears on every page by putting an Auto_Open Msgbox in the ThisWorkbook module, but can't figure out how to get it to work on only one worksheet - is this a syntax probem or can't it be done?. Anoth...

How to select & display distinct values

Word Cells into Excel Cells #2
How does one import a cell formatted Word file *.doc into cells within Excel *.xls. By "cell formatted Word file", do you mean a table? I would simply select table and click copy. Then open excel and paste it where you want it to appear. J "gary" wrote: > How does one import a cell formatted Word file *.doc into > cells within Excel *.xls. > > > jayceejay Wrote: > By "cell formatted Word file", do you mean a table? I would simpl > select > table and click copy. Then open excel and paste it where you want i > to > ap...

collection letter #2
I am trying to create collection letters to include all A/R detail. I have managed to include the invoice detail but this does not show any payments, returns or credit memos. Is there a way to include these? We have been using a modified trial balance as a statement to show all activity and have it aged in buckets. This requires an additional cover sheet since there is no easy way to have this report formatted to align in a window envelope. This is a time consuming task. I do not like the statements that are generated using the sales routines since that includes every transaction ...

Display Time in Outlook

hotkeys and keyup #2
Hi I would like to thank everyone for suggestions concerning hotkeys and keyup. What I am using is CE .Net though if there is a solution that also works in regular windows that would be good. I am willing to give most anything a try. What I have is a program that sits in the background and waits for a keystroke to run certain functions. One for keydown and one for keyup. The functions talk to an external device on a serial connection, but the main thing is that I need a method to get those keystrokes no matter what application is on top. The impression that I get is that Hotkey will send the...

mail enabled public folder #2
I have created a public folder and mail enabled, I have also made sure that anonymous has contributor permission. However, I cannot send emails to this public folder from an external domain. Internal is OK, anyone have any ideas What's the text of the NDR? kevin wells wrote: > I have created a public folder and mail enabled, I have > also made sure that anonymous has contributor permission. > > However, I cannot send emails to this public folder from > an external domain. Internal is OK, > > anyone have any ideas "Default" must also have contri...

Unable to open default folders #2
Mail was working fine until I tried to merge documents using to print labels. Now when I try to open out I get the message: Unable to open default e-mail folders.....do not have access to file xxx/xxx/outlook.pst How can I recover this file. It seems to have vanished. If you're using Windows 2000 or XP, the .PST file may be in a hidden or system folder. When searching for all .PST files, make sure you've enabled searching within hidden and system folders. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the new...

PK and FK Displayed

Changing Constants in several macros in one go
Dear Experts: For a table macro (see below) I have defined two constants ... .... strConstantBlue: representing the RGB value for borders, .... strConstantBlue_2: representing the RGB value for background pattern color. I got SEVERAL similar table macros all with the SAME constants, i.e. .... strConstantBlue and .... strConstantBlue_2. How can I set NEW values for these two constants in all the affected macros in one go, using an InputBox? That is, after entering the new values for the constant <strConstantBlue>, say (44,33,22), the values for these constants have to ...

Formulas are displayed, results are not

pivot table label adding "2" to the end of a label name
Hi, I have a pivot table and sometimes it adds a "2" to the end of a row lable ie. "joes pizza" is displayed as "joes pizza2". the sorce data certanly doesn't include the "2" and it seems like it is trying to tell me some thing ;). It might be hapening after i do a "replace command" in the source data (replace "sams pizza" with joes Pizza"). any one experienced this? Cheers, The only time I've seen this is when I had multiple headers with the same name. If I were you, I'd check once more--don't forget to c...