display no seconds in time format [h]

Have used the [h] mm ss formatting to add up times over 24 hours but only
want to display the hh mm and not the seconds (ss) the format option does not
seem available, any ideas gratefully received.
0
Finolac (1)

Hi

Format>Cells>Number>Custom and in the white pane just type [h]:mm

Regards

Roger Govier

Finolac wrote:

>Have used the [h] mm ss formatting to add up times over 24 hours but only
>want to display the hh mm and not the seconds (ss) the format option does not
>seem available, any ideas gratefully received.

0
roger1272 (620)

how do I get imported addresses to autocomplete first time out
I have just upgraded from Outlook Express and cannot now get addresses in my addressbook imported from Express to autocomplete without laboriously entering each address in full the first time I use them. It's taking me forever. Is there somehow I can introduce Outlook to my entire addressbook on a batch basis, or is it really necessary to do it one name at a time? You don't understand. Autocompletion has nothing to do with your Contacts. It uses a cache of names that will be populated as you send messages. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Frustrated user" <Frustr...

Time planner
Hi Anybody able to help? I need to quickly draw up a schedule for the set up of a large stage show (over 3 days 24hr working). I need to show time down one column in 15min stages in 24hr clock (Hrs & Mins). As usual time is of the essence. Many thanks Paul Type 00:00 in your first cell, 00:15 in the next, 00:30, 00:45 and 01:00. Then select the block of cells and position the cursor over the bottom right-hand corner. It'll change to a + cursor. Then drag down for your 24 hours (about 100 cells approx) "Paul" wrote: > Hi > > Anybody able to help? I...

Dual Displays

How to handle blank date and time?
I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2 I am developing a database application using MS Access 2000. The problem I am dealing with is how to handle if the user does not enter the date. There is a condition where they can do that for Finish Process Date / Finish Process Time. I make the Date and Time as separate fields, both in the database and the application. On my application I use the COleDateTime data type. I have to save the blank Date and the blank Time, and I also have to acquire them back in order to display the data using the CListCtrl. What I am confusing is how to make the query? Is it...

Copying a format that has been conditionally formated
How do I cut and paste a formula picking up it's own values if the cell has been conditionally formatted. In example, c3 is to highligh in red/bold if it's value is lower than c29 (the value of the same info from year prior). It worked for that cell but I want to copy the formula for the rest of the 500+ cells so that d3 also read from d29, etc. HELP!! What, exactly, is the condition you set? I'm guessing it's something like 'formula is' =($C$3<$C$29). If you use relative cell references, =(C3<C29), rather than the absolute references, then you should ...

Folder could not be displayed

One more TIME
Hi all After downloading data it is presented with a decimal(period) between the hours and minutes i.e.7.20 is really 7 hours and 20 minutes. Some data appears in hundreds eg 985.35. I need to compare this data with other correctly formatted timed data ie 7:20 to establish variances. I realise that i could use Tools/Autocorrect replacing the decimal with a colon but this changes the 7.20 to 07:02 and there is the danger that I might forget to change it back later. Is there a solution? Can this be done automatically by macro etc as there is quite a lot of data. Thanks in advance. Angelo Hi ...

Excel Slooooow. It takes 4 to 6 seconds to perform each input or command
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have just installed Excel 2008 on a new installation of Snow Leopard and it does not work properly. It takes ages to register every input or command, like a large Lag. <br><br>EG. each figure or text, input into cells takes 4 seconds from hitting enter to accepting the input. Changing the width of a column takes 6 seconds from letting go of the mouse after dragging to the new width. etc etc. <br><br>I have checked for updates. Any ideas? > I have just installed Excel 2008 on a n...

How to select & display distinct values

Conditional Formatting
I need to change the fill color based on the values of other cells. Ex. if A1 is not a null value and the cell I want to format A2 is a null then I need A2 to have a red fill color and a certain text. If A2 isn't a null then it should turn green. If A1 and A2 have null values then A2 should be yellow. So just to sum up A1<>"" and A2 ="" then Make A2=Red Fill Color + text A1<>"" and A2 <>"" then A2=Green Fill Color A1="" and A2 ="" then A2=Yellow Fill Color Thanks for the help all. What version of Ex...

Display Time in Outlook

Money 2007 -- QIF import
Good Evening! After a little trial and error, I am able to import account transactions from another system (not a bank statement, my actual register transactions) with little trouble except for the date format. (Before someone gets mad at me, I really don't think this has anything to do with my regional settings!) As recommended by an MVP from this forum, I open my CSV file with excel, then use a converter (add-in) called XL2QIF to create a qif output file. The actual "data" in a date field in my original csv file is "060106" (mm/dd/yy) which is June 1, 2006,...

PK and FK Displayed

Formulas are displayed, results are not

Stop displaying a line

Typing times
Hi Is there a way to type times easily in Excel ? It is used for keeping track of times during production. Input would be; Startup 6.30 6.45 Production order No 1 6.45 8.30 Change of product 8.30 8.50 Production order No 2 8.50 12.15 Maintenance 12.15 13.00 Lunch 13.00 13.45 etc Data has to be summerized on the different lines (start up, production, maintenance, lunch etc) The problem is the time it takes to punch it in. Kind regards, Dean Dean, have a look here http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm -- ...

How do I change format of all comments in worksheet?
I want to be able to change font and size of text within comments in a whole worksheet, without having to do them individually. Anyone any ideas? see this site http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Reset >-----Original Message----- >I want to be able to change font and size of text within comments in a whole >worksheet, without having to do them individually. Anyone any ideas? >. > ...

Extend Published free/busy time, consequences.
Hello there. I am thinking of extending the published Free/Busy time in Outlook to a year or two into the future. But how about the consequences in doing so, as seen from the Exchange perspective. Before Exch 2007 this information was stored in a public folder, now in Exch 2007 the check is made directly in the calendar using OWA, so I guess that there should be no problem in doing so? Anyone got any info or best practice I can lean up against. Best regards Jesper. Free-busy data is pretty small so I doubt think you'll have any trouble. But, seriously, who...

calendar time scale
Using Exchange 2003, all clients Outlook 2002. Is there any way to set up a calendar in a public folder to have the same time-scale view of 15 minute increments for all users? thanks ...

Display or not display series