Display No Data in Pivot

I am using Excell 2007, and I have create a pivot table, and I have a number
of reps that I want to display in my pivot and their sales amounts.  In my
data table, I have created "dummy" rows with the reps names, but sales $ are
blank because they haven't sold anything.  I want their name to show up in my
pivot table as blanks.  Right now only names with sales show up.

I see under PivtoTable Options, under the Display tab ther is a box to click
to "Show Itmes with no Data on Rows", but it is greyed out.

Any idea how to un-grey out this option?

Those settings are for OLAP based pivot tables only.
If your pivot table is based on Excel data, right-click on a name in the
Sales Rep field
Click Field Settings
On the Layout & Print tab, add a check mark to Show Items With No Data
Click OK

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

1
Debra

Acces denied when trying to access offline data after synchro
Hi, I have XP SP2 fresh Installed on my laptop, reinstall crm for outlook with all patches, everything work fine with my crm on my server, i can acces my data with my outlook and also via the web. I do sync and it work fine also. After the sync i automaticly receive a error : Acces denied : You do not have sufficient access rights or privileges to perform this action. I go back online ans it's working online. Never able to access my offline data and getting this message each time. In the registry key i have the 00 already. My CRM security service is strated on the server. The only...

Trying to update data in RMS with a web interface
My project is much more complicated, but I am hoping someone can give me some generic tips and/or code to assist me. I want to update a field in RMS with some data the cashier inputs on an HTML form. For example, if a cashier selects a customer using F7, I want them to press a custom button that brings up an HTML window. That html file will have a form where the cashier will enter some text in a textbox. When the cashier presses Submit, the text in the textbox will be written to the Customer.CustomText1 field. The two major issues are 1) how to pass the Customer.ID to the HTML window ...

Summing Data Series
I have just created a chart, but rather than show each data series individually, it has added them together. Hence the first data series shows the values from Column A of my Sheet correctly, but the second series shows the values from column A PLUS the valus from COlumn B, similarly the third series shows the sum of the values from Columns A, B and C. Why is Excel doing this? I am using Excel XP That is rather strange -- unless, of course, you are creating a stacked column chart, in which case the behavior is as expected. If not, how *exactly* did you create the chart? And, what do...

Consolidating & Labels
When consolidating a bunch of data and checking "Create Links to Sourc Data," everything works fine but it includes a + or minus icon on th left to click on to see all of the values summed (added rows). Now, my question is: Is it possible to have labels on the left of al of these 40 values or so being summed (only seen when consolidated cel is expanded) and have those labels appear directly to the left of thes values from the source files? This would then make it easy to create pivotTable. Thank you -- rhelle -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Dual Displays

Folder could not be displayed

Money Data
I am using Money 2002 (simply because later version don't offer anything new that I need) but I cannot find anyway or option that will allow me to store the data externally. I can store the backup in a variety of places, however, I would like to keep the primary files, and the automatic backup, off the hard drive and unaccessessible to hackers. Does anyone know how this can be done? Thanks You can copy your .mny file to any media you like using the normal Windows tools from My Computer or Windows Explorer. You can also usually backup to these media using browse from within the M...

Erroneous Error? re >32,000 data plots in 2D chart
I am getting the error regarding >32,000 data points in a 2D charts in Excel 2003. The same error as in the following post; http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.charting/browse_frm/thread/79458c5c753083a2 However, the largest series I am plotting is only 16,401 data points long. Has anyone previously come across this error statement issued in error? =========== More background. Have defined some chart series using dynamic named ranges. E.G., name the following range "Series1", =OFFSET('C'!$M $20,,,COUNTA('C'!$M$20:$M$30000),1) Then in Chart/S...

Data not loaded to HQ
A worksheet 401 for a store failed and the store stopped loading data. I created a 401 worksheet and the store loaded the data but skipped over a day and a half worth of data. How can I get this data into HQ? Back date your 401 to 3 days ago [or a day before you had the issue] and re-run it and this will fix it. Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = "Harry O''Neill" <HarryONeill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F807B3DC-3495-43E5-A1F2-E31B873A20F8@microsoft.com... >A worksheet 401 for a store fa...

entering in manipulated data
I have an access form with a field that i need modified before it get entered into the database. If i enter 02-123456 into the form, i want to enter 123456 into the table. can someone help me out on how to do this? We are only logging the number after the "-" but we enter the full number because it is scanned on a bar code. Thanks. If you always need the rightmost six digits you could have code such as: Me.ShortField = Right(Me.LongField,6) If there is a variable number of digits that always follow a hyphen: Me.ShortField = Right(Me.LongField,Len(Me.LongField) - InStr(Me.L...

How to select & display distinct values

Printing JUST the Charts, not the data...
Hi, I'm using Excel 2000 and have a number of worksheets with which I've created some charts (all in the same workbook). Is there a way to print the charts that doesn't involve having to highlight each chart individually? I've got some charts in the same worksheet as their source data and some that are on their own page, but that doesn't seem to matter (unless I'm missing something). Any ideas? Thanks, Shane You could use a macro like the following. It prints out each chart sheet, and each embedded chart on each sheet, as if you'd selected each chart a...

Display Time in Outlook

Upsizing with picture data
I am attempting to upsize a database from Access 2003 to SQL Server 2005 Express. All tables, indexes, relations, etc. are correctly upsized, except one table refuses to cooperate. This table is an OLE object field, which contains picture data. If I remove this field, the table can be upsized. Apparently, the upsizing wizard is unable to make the transition. Is there a way around this dilema? create the table with out the old field then create a append query and add the field use the image data type. now you can append the missing data Hope this helps "wschlichtman" <wsc...

PK and FK Displayed

Formulas are displayed, results are not

reading data from Excel Sheet
hi, i want to read the data from the Excel sheet using vc++6.0. How can i read it. i don't want to create any DSN thank you, regards, koti You can use the Excel.Application com object -- Satish "Koti" wrote: > hi, > > i want to read the data from the Excel sheet using vc++6.0. How can i > read it. i don't want to create any DSN > > thank you, > > regards, > koti > > > ...

pivot table label adding "2" to the end of a label name
Hi, I have a pivot table and sometimes it adds a "2" to the end of a row lable ie. "joes pizza" is displayed as "joes pizza2". the sorce data certanly doesn't include the "2" and it seems like it is trying to tell me some thing ;). It might be hapening after i do a "replace command" in the source data (replace "sams pizza" with joes Pizza"). any one experienced this? Cheers, The only time I've seen this is when I had multiple headers with the same name. If I were you, I'd check once more--don't forget to c...

Stop displaying a line

Import external data function
What is the earliest version of Excel that includes the function to import external from an Oracle database? Hi Michael, > What is the earliest version of Excel that includes the function to import > external from an Oracle database? Excel 4, I think, though each version since has done it slightly differently. Excel 4 used the =SQL.REQUEST function, Excel 5 and 95 used a separate addin (via MSQuery) and Excel 97 introduced QueryTables. Regards Stephen Bullen Microsoft MVP - Excel www.oaltd.co.uk ...

Pivot Table calc difference between two rows of data
In a pivot table that has just two rows of data I would like to calculate the difference between the two rows (row1 - row2) for all the columns. One thing I tried was to select a cell in the Grand Total row, right click and select Value Field Settings then enter Custom Name "Diff". Then in the Show Value As tab, select Difference From and "row1" and ok. the data in rwo1 is now blank, row2 is is not what I expect and the grand total is blank. So I apparently dont have a clue about this and need to be pointed in the right direction. Excel 2007 Plot row differences. Two wa...