Display Last Saved By date & User?

Although found under the Properties section, is it possible to display
on the worksheet the Last Saved By date and Last Saved By user?

0
a_bolland (26)

Hi Annabelle

With code you can do this
Copy this event in the Thisworkbook module
It will automatic run when you save the file

Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Last Save Time")
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A2").Value = ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Author")
End Sub

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Annabelle" <a_bolland@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1128449601.159937.239570@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> Although found under the Properties section, is it possible to display
> on the worksheet the Last Saved By date and Last Saved By user?

0
rondebruin (3790)
10/4/2005 6:28:02 PM
I modified to code to fit my worksheet name and the cells I expect to
see the data - works great; however, the User name appears to be coming
from whatever name was updated in the Properties Summary tab. Can I use
the name (or network name) of the actual person who last saved the
file? This is the name listed in the Properties Statistics tab.

There will be up to five or six folks who can make changes and save
this worksheet, so it's important to know who last saved the document.

Thanks for your help.

0
a_bolland (26)
10/4/2005 6:49:30 PM
Hi Annabelle

Try

Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A2").Value = Environ("username")

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Annabelle" <a_bolland@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1128451770.762489.94970@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
>I modified to code to fit my worksheet name and the cells I expect to
> see the data - works great; however, the User name appears to be coming
> from whatever name was updated in the Properties Summary tab. Can I use
> the name (or network name) of the actual person who last saved the
> file? This is the name listed in the Properties Statistics tab.
>
> There will be up to five or six folks who can make changes and save
> this worksheet, so it's important to know who last saved the document.
>
> Thanks for your help.

0
rondebruin (3790)
10/4/2005 7:06:34 PM
Perfect! Thank you again for your help.

0
a_bolland (26)

Problems saving a worksheet with Links
Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue ... I have a directory which contains 129 worksheets which have links to external data (in a Master Spreadsheet) -- I need to copy these files into a New Directory, but kee the Master Spreadsheet (which they are linked to) in the original location. If I do a simple Cut & Past, the Reference Link to the Master Spreadsheet gets moved to the New Directory (where the file does not exist), but if I open the worksheet (in the original directory/location) and Save As to the New Directory, the worksheet saved in the New Directory maintains its link t...

Saving User Settings in Outlook...
Hello everyone, Does anyone know how to save the user settings for MS outlook 2003? Thanks to all who reply, Ismael The reason I would like to be able to save the user settings is so I'll be able to restore these settings should I need to in case I had to do a clean install of WinXP and office 2003 either on the same computer of on another newly bought computer. Thanks to all who reply, Ismael "Ismael" <I_Tena@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ueqwqfaHGHA.2948@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello everyone, > > Does anyone know how to save the user setting...

the user authentication passed to the platform is not valid 09-20-06
Anyone receive this error message in the CRM Outlook Client? "The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid." Thanks, Scott ...

Intermittent display
Hi, recently i encountered this problem on my PC. When i press the ON button, the monitor shows the normal starting up image for only 1 second and then it went black. Then, because my computer has a CPU FAN error (probably because the starting speed of my fan is a little slow), it would beep 3times and prompt me to press F1. During this time, the image would appear on the monitor for 1sec and then, becomes black again. Then, as it loads and enters window, it will flash yet again and i can see the cursor of my mouse at the center of the screen for that 1 second. Everything is running normall...

display name #2
hi i have this problem: when i send a mail massage from an application by exchange 2003, in outlook i see the e-mail address (xx@mydomain .com) and not display name (Customer Care) how can i resolve it? Thanks An application should allow you to specify display name for sender. Does it send via SMTP or MAPI? Matrix_pd wrote: > hi > i have this problem: when i send a mail massage from an application by > exchange 2003, in outlook i see the e-mail address (xx@mydomain .com) and > not display name (Customer Care) > > how can i resolve it? > > Thanks -- Please re...

Save As using contents of Cell in Name

User Defined Required Fields
I have set several field on sub window Sales User-Defined Fields Entry of Sales Transaction Entry as "Required". If the user remembers to click User-Defined, then they become required. But if the user never clicks on User-Defined from Sales Transaction Entry, then they can still save the new document without the required fields entered. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this asside from continual user training? Your answer is VBA. You own Modifer, so you also have VBA enabled. You'll need to write VBA code to open the window (literally, push the button) then set th...

Hot Dates
Hi, I have a Year-at-a-Glance worksheet into which users enter important dates and associated actions to be taken. I now want to use Conditional Formatting to highlight specific entries in the worksheet when their date matches today's date. The problem I have is that I need to convert data from three independent cells into a date to compare it with 'TODAY()'. The first cell (formatted as a number) carries the day, e.g. 2, 17, 23, etc. The second cell (formatted as General) carries the month, e.g. January, March, September, etc. The third cell (formatted as a num...

User Authentication Error
Hello All, I am running CRM 3.0. I have the system administrator role. When attempting to merge 2 account records I receive an error that states, "The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid." I cannot merge the records. If anyone can, please advise. thanks. Keith ...

Outlook 2003 not displaying multipart/mixed messages properly
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C49BFC.AB34E1D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I know that Outlook is known for having problems displaying = multipart/mixed messages but this is just weird. I am using Outlook 2003 with a POP email account and occasionally with = an email that has been exchanged a few times already and I will send out = a reply and when the person replies back to me what they wrote no longer = appears in the email. I basically get back a copy of the email I sent =...

Excel not displaying German characters correctly.
This is a real puzzler. Has our entire office and IT department stumped. We have two machines (M1 / M2) which are equal spec/ operating system, applications, versions, etc... The only difference that we can see between the two machines is that one (M1) has Internet Explorer encoding set to "UTF-8" with "Automatic" selected. The other (M2) has "Western European ISO" with no automatic selected. Now, when the machines log into a web application and choose to download a German Excel file, M1 and M2 get the file correctly if they have their encoding settings...

save as version 2003 problem
I'm working in vba in Access to create and save an Excel file. All's good except that one of the workstations this is runnign on is using Office 2007. I'm developing in 2003 and all the other workstatiosn they have are using 2003. It's very important that the files be saved in 2003 format. When I do this, it runs fine and saves as 97/95 objExcelBk.SaveAs sTempPath & sExcelFileName, xlExcel9795 ','56 = xl 2000/2003 I read online in a forum post that "56" is the correct code for saving as 2003 but that's when the code is written in 20...

Insert Static Date as part of Macro
I've built a nice macro, but I want it to insert the date it is run in an empty cell within the macro's range. When working within a spreadsheet, Ctrl +; returns the system date, but I can't figure out how to put that command into a macro. The macro recorder editor shows that the system recognizes the entry as the current date, not a function that returns the current date. The now() or today() functions are both dynamic ... they change with the system date. That's not acceptable in this situation. I need to seen when the macro was run. Thanks for any help, Ralph di...

zz report date truncation
We run only z reports at end of day. We will be running cashier shifts soon and would like to run z and zz reports the way they were intended. Is there any way to truncate the zz report date for each register without it running since the beginning of time and using a truckload of paper? Thanks in advance! This may not be the most graceful solution, but you could simply turn off your printer before 'printing' the zz report. Then manually delete all print tasks for that printer before turning it back on. The report won't print, but RMS will think it did. "TV hardwa...

show last data point in chart
Hello, I am charting a range of observations/data points. Is there a way to make the last data point show up differently on the chart (different color/shape)? Thank you. Nathan - > I am charting a range of observations/data points. Is there a way to make the last data point show up differently on the chart (different color/shape)? < Click the charted data once to select the entire data series. Pause. Click the single point to select it. Then use the Format menu. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com Thanks for your reply. Well, that would work if I knew which point on the chart ...

Historical IV Trial Balance
When running this report in Summary, I am receiving an error when trying to run with a date range. Has anyone seen this before? are you getting a duplicate error? If you are, then what you are experiencing is a bug. To fix, you will have to apply the latest service pack. Hope this helps. Rheiner "DavidInterDyn" wrote: > When running this report in Summary, I am receiving an error when trying to > run with a date range. Has anyone seen this before? I think so. I'll try that by applying SP 4 for 10.0 "Rheiner" wrote: > are you gettin...

Lock Out Users for Maintenance
Is there a way to temporarily lock out all but the "sa" user? This would be very helpful when tasks such as Check Links is running. Mike, I guess the easiest way is to revoke users access to the company. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "MikeWal" wrote: > Is there a way to temporarily lock out all but the "sa" user? This would be > very helpful when tasks such as Check Links is runni...

Excel
Hi, I would like to know if there is a way to set up when I enter the data each cells on first row, it will default the date and time stamp on first row. 2nd row should have the different date and time stamp than 1st row. I put "=now()" but it create the same date and time for 80 rows. I don't want that. I want to enter each rows and each rows should be different by one minute apart but same date - June 22. Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks Format A1:A79 as Custom dd-mmm-yy h:mm Select A1 Hold down CTRL Key and hit semi-colon key then <space> bar. Sti...

SQL-Dynamics V10 Users
I have some messy stuff going on with Dynamics and SQL users. I have users that are users in the databases, but not in Dynamics, and users in Dynamics that are not in SQL. Is there a script or anything to run to straighten this out? Right now it is manual process where I have to go user by user, check in dynamics and which companies they use, then go to SQL and check each database... Any suggestions? -- Doug Why can't you do this through the user interface? Did you resore a backup of Dynamics of something? As far as I know, the only way to create a GP login is to do it throu...

Using 'like' on a user prompt
I want to prompt the user for a value to use to filter a form. Here is my command with the WhereCondition: docmd.OpenForm "test", acNormal, , "LastName=[Enter a Last Name]" I want to use the WhereCondition as a "LIKE" criteria. Variations on the WhereCondition itself that I've tried include various combinations of LastName LIKE %...% LastName LIKE *...* LastName LIKE [%...%] LastName LIKE [*...*] You get the idea... No luck so far. Any thoughts? On Thu, 27 May 2010 21:52:50 GMT, "RicDon" <u60397@uwe> wrote: >I wan...

Date changing 2028....2029......1930???????
Hello! I have a slight problem, in my form i have a date section which is automated as 00/00/00. I use these for part of a report as a from this date to this date, if you put 010125 it will automatically change it to 01/01/2025. The thing I have found is that it is fine until you get to 010130 and then it saves it as 01/01/1930 :-/ any ideas? Thank You Jay -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200703/1 Assuming you're using XP, go to Regional Settings in the Control Panel, and click on the Customize button. Look on the...