Display Formula Values

I have a number of formulas that are displaying the result using the value
that is displayed in a referenced cell rather than what was actually input.
For example, if my formula in cell A1 is B1*C1 and my value in C1 is .075 and
the cell is formatted to display a percentage with no decimal places my
formula in B1 uses 8% instead of 7.5%.  How can I address this across the
entire workbook rather than having to change the format in each of the
necessary cells.  Thanks for your help.
0
SJT (6)

What formula do you have in B1?
--

Regards,

RD

"SJT" <SJT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I have a number of formulas that are displaying the result using the value
that is displayed in a referenced cell rather than what was actually input.
For example, if my formula in cell A1 is B1*C1 and my value in C1 is .075
and
the cell is formatted to display a percentage with no decimal places my
formula in B1 uses 8% instead of 7.5%.  How can I address this across the
entire workbook rather than having to change the format in each of the
necessary cells.  Thanks for your help.

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
8/28/2004 6:03:36 PM
Hi
not really sure what your problem is :-)
Can you provide examples for B1 and C1 and describe your expected
result

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"SJT" <SJT@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I have a number of formulas that are displaying the result using the
value
> that is displayed in a referenced cell rather than what was actually
input.
> For example, if my formula in cell A1 is B1*C1 and my value in C1 is
..075 and
> the cell is formatted to display a percentage with no decimal places
my
> formula in B1 uses 8% instead of 7.5%.  How can I address this across
the
> entire workbook rather than having to change the format in each of
the
> necessary cells.  Thanks for your help.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
8/28/2004 6:09:48 PM
My apologies. I meant to say that "the formula in A1 (not B1) uses 8% instead
of 7.5%".  In another words it's using the value displayed in the cell (which
has been rounded up to accommodate the format) not the value I actually
input.  Thanks again.

"SJT" wrote:

> I have a number of formulas that are displaying the result using the value
> that is displayed in a referenced cell rather than what was actually input.
> For example, if my formula in cell A1 is B1*C1 and my value in C1 is .075 and
> the cell is formatted to display a percentage with no decimal places my
> formula in B1 uses 8% instead of 7.5%.  How can I address this across the
> entire workbook rather than having to change the format in each of the
> necessary cells.  Thanks for your help.
0
SJT (6)
8/28/2004 6:33:03 PM
<Tools> <Options> <Calculation> tab,
And *uncheck* "Precision As Displayed".
--

HTH,

"SJT" wrote:

> I have a number of formulas that are displaying the result using the value
> that is displayed in a referenced cell rather than what was actually
input.
> For example, if my formula in cell A1 is B1*C1 and my value in C1 is .075
and
> the cell is formatted to display a percentage with no decimal places my
> formula in B1 uses 8% instead of 7.5%.  How can I address this across the
> entire workbook rather than having to change the format in each of the
> necessary cells.  Thanks for your help.

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
8/28/2004 6:59:07 PM
Hi
as formulas can't change formats you have to format the target cell
manually

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"SJT" <SJT@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> My apologies. I meant to say that "the formula in A1 (not B1) uses 8%
instead
> of 7.5%".  In another words it's using the value displayed in the
cell (which
> has been rounded up to accommodate the format) not the value I
actually
> input.  Thanks again.
>
> "SJT" wrote:
>
> > I have a number of formulas that are displaying the result using
the value
> > that is displayed in a referenced cell rather than what was
actually input.
> > For example, if my formula in cell A1 is B1*C1 and my value in C1
is .075 and
> > the cell is formatted to display a percentage with no decimal
places my
> > formula in B1 uses 8% instead of 7.5%.  How can I address this
across the
> > entire workbook rather than having to change the format in each of
the
> > necessary cells.  Thanks for your help.

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Return a cell refernce based on a value
I have a value in worksheet A which is "x". In worksheet B column A have a list of values i.e. a,b,c,d...x,y,z and in column B I hav values relating to those in coumn A i.e. column A row 1 value is "a column B row 1 value is "apple", column A row 2 value is "b" and colum B row 2 value is "balloon", how do I get teh first worksheet to rea the value in one cell, find it in column A of the other worksheet an give back the value on teh same row in column B? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi use the VLOOKUP function =VLOOKU...

formula for money additions & subtractions
I am trying to get a formula to calculate payroll deduction for cas register +/-. When an employee is over by $10 or under by $24, th difference comes out of thier check. Example: if somone is -25.00 for the month $1.00 would come out of th check. If someone is +11.00 then $1.00 would come out of the chec also. the +/- for the month is in one cell so i would like the formula to b able to read that cell and figure out if it is too much or little fo the deduction. this is the greatest sight that i have ever found and i hope someon can help me Thank you, Mik -- Message posted from http...

Dual Displays

Folder could not be displayed

Find cell which returned maximum value in formula
-- De De, try this, =CELL("address",INDEX(A:A,MATCH(MAX(A:A),A:A,0))) will show the first one if there are more than one -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "De" <De@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A17DFFDA-BE05-463C-B68D-65FE235E6098@microsoft.com... > > -- > De Thanks, Paul, but I found this hard to follow. Excel kept returning that I had disabled macros but yo...

Define name box size too small for viewing large formulas
Hi, When we create a new name using insert and define name then if the formula is long it becomes difficult to view the whole formula. Also one is not able to use navigation buttons left,right here as if we do that then the formula gets modified. is there any way to see the whole formula. Like for creating ever expanding validation list using Debra's technique one uses offset etc but one is not able to view the whole big formula. Please guide me. Regards, Hari India Hi try hitting F2 while in this text box. After this you should be able to navigate within this box. -- Regards Frank ...

How to create a 2 columns and 2 lines graph with non-related value
Hi, I am trying to create a graph with 2 columns and 2 lines. I am able to get the 2 colums ($000 value) and one line easily ($000 value), however the 4th data series is completely out of range (it's a percentage value ranging between 8 and 10%). I can see the line completely flat on the bottom axis but would like to be able to move it up so it kind of "hangs over" the columns. Any ideas that do not involve complexed programming? Thanks, Double click on the line, and on the Axis tab of the Format Series dialog, select Secondary. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Exc...

Excel Formulas #11
I would like to create a sumation formula that will pull in different values depending upon what I need. For example, I want to add values in column A, however sometimes I want to go through row 10 and the next time through row 20. So I want to create a formula that will give the value depending on the the row number I type in. For example if I type in 15 then I will get a sum of variables in column A of rows 1 through 15. If I type in 20 then I will get a sum of variables in rows 1 through 20. How do I create such a formula? Any help would be much appreciated. -- ag_banker_kansas You ca...

Simple formula not working
=IF(F4=1,H4,-1) Nearly all cells have numeric values, and for those with a value of 1 it works correctly, where the values are numeric it also works correctly. BUT - a few cells have 1 or 2 alphabetic characters, which means they are not equal to 1, so should yield a value of -1. For example I want XY, as it is clearly not 1, so condition F4=1 fails, to evaluate to -1 The referenced cells are formatted number. Is Excel flawed or am I missing something? Excel 2002 SP3 I would use: =IF(VALUE(F4)=1,H4,-1) Kind regards, Erny <ato_zee@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:I-udnel...

How to select & display distinct values

Display Time in Outlook

PK and FK Displayed

Pasting a value as an hyperlink
I have imported a list from a database of file paths to documents on our server, these data is currently formatted as 'General' Is there anyway of converting that value into a hyperlink to the said documents? If your list is the complete path and file name, then in an adjacent column you could just do: =3DHYPERLINK(A1) and copy this down. If you wish to you could fix the values and then you would not need column A. Hope this helps. Pete On Apr 20, 4:14=A0pm, The Rook <TheR...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have imported a list from a data...

Formulas are displayed, results are not

Stop displaying a line

Array formulas vs Getpivotdata
I think that the GETPIVOTDATA function should be promoted above the use of array formulas. I would appreciate comments from the experts. My major problem with array formulas (and the much more user friendly SUMPRODUCT function which I used later) is that they slow down a workbook a lot as they are computation demanding and are recalculated every time a cell is changed anywhere in the workbook. I am probably the only person still using Windows 98 and a PII with office 2000, so maybe it is not an issue for others! I have managed to get the same result using a pivottable and the GETPIVOTDATA fu...

Insert formula to range of rows (Variable) from macro
I am getting a debug error 'Compile Error, Expected: end of statement' for the following formula insertion: Set Rng = Worksheets("Calculate").Range("E2:E30") Formula = "=IF(ISBLANK(D3)=TRUE,"Blank",IF(D3>=$D$2+($D$2*0.05),"Over",IF(D3<=$D$2-($C$2*0.05),"Under","Pass")))" Column B has a variable number of rows which I need to drag the formula down for so am putting rows 2-30 as there will never be more than this. Is there a better way of doing this? Any help appreciated Try Range("E2:...

castom formula
I have to compare % of sales and i would like to be able to higlight in red the one below a certan pre selected %. if in cell 1a i have the percentage that is generated by other formulas how can i compare the others to that particular one (that constantly changes..) and higlight in red the ones below it? Thanks for any help that you can send me! Use conditional formatting (Format>Conditional Formatting) with a formula of say =A2<$A$1 -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Luca" <Luca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E756DBD5-8BEA-44C8-...

Display or not display series

Data Value in a Chart
By default when you enable the data label in a 3-D Bar Chart, the data label starts in the middle of the bar chart. Is there any way to change the label to be out of the bar chart? This problem happens only with 3-D Bar Charts. Thanks Joe Joe - If you double click on the labels, and click on the Alignment tab, there is no Label Position option as there is for non-3D charts. You can select and move each label individually with the mouse, or use a VBA solution, like the Move Labels feature of Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler addin (free at http://appspro.com). But you can't specify an...