disable macro warning

I added macro which I then deleted.  Every time I enter
system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros -
how do I turn off this warning screen upon entering system
when I have no macros in the worksheet?
0
anonymous (74722)

You need to remove the module that contained the macro.
Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed),
right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

0
jason.morin (561)
9/17/2004 2:54:08 PM
Hi!

Have you any residual (though possibly empty) code modules in th
workbook? If so, delete them.

Al

Thanks so much.

modules in the
>workbook? If so, delete them.
>
>Alf
>

>---
>
>.

0
anonymous (74722)
9/17/2004 4:17:20 PM
Thanks so much Atlanta, you fixed my problem.

0
anonymous (74722)
9/17/2004 4:17:47 PM
I have a similar problem-- there is no macro in my file.

In attempting your solutions-
- It is not letting me "remove" any modules.  ("remove" is disabled)
- I cannot delete the residual code.

Any ideas?

"Jason Morin" wrote:

> You need to remove the module that contained the macro.
> Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed),
> right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save.
>
> HTH
> Jason
> Atlanta, GA

0
Kim3887 (151)
12/30/2004 5:43:03 PM
Hi
follow these steps:
http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

kim wrote:
> I have a similar problem-- there is no macro in my file.
>

> In attempting your solutions-
> - It is not letting me "remove" any modules.  ("remove" is disabled)
> - I cannot delete the residual code.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> "Jason Morin" wrote:
>
>> You need to remove the module that contained the macro.
>> Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed),
>> right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save.
>>
>> HTH
>> Jason
>> Atlanta, GA

0
frank.kabel (11126)
12/30/2004 5:52:47 PM
If the workbook is shared you won't be able to remove the modules. To
turn off sharing, choose Tools>Share Workbook
On the Editing tab, remove the check mark from 'Allow changes by more
than one user...'
Click OK, then click Yes to confirm.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Disable BU
A really quick one for you. If I disable a BU in MSCRM, does the corresponding OU in Active Directory become disabled? I think the answer probably 'No' as I actually cannot find a way to disable the OU manually and therefore cannot check, but if anyone has a definitive answer I would be grateful. Regards Peter John - thanks for your help. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >No, disabling BU in CRM will not disable corresponding OU in the AD, just like dissabling CRM user in CRM will not siable the corrsponding user in AD. > >"Pete" wrote: > &...

how can disable service with bat file
Hi, Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. What service? "Vijay" wrote: > Hi, > > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. That's funny ... weren't we just talking about Permissions? :-) Anyway, the command to control a Windows Service (enable, start, stop, disable, etc) is SC.EXE. Run SC /? at a command prompt to see the syntax. Put the necessary SC command in a batch file, and you are all set. Hope it helps, Andrew -- amclar at ...

Print Preview "Prev Page" but is always disabled
Hello, I have created an MFC application and have added Printing and Print Preview capability. The only problem i have is that the Prev Page button on the Print Preview toolbar is always disabled. The "Two Pages" button and "Next Page" are enabled and work correctly. I am setting the CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage() and CPrintInfo::SetMinPage() and CPrintInfo::m_nCurPage values in OnPreparePrinting() but this doesnt seem to make a difference. Is their anything else that i can try which will enable this button? Thanks Andy ...

disable macro warning
I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - how do I turn off this warning screen upon entering system when I have no macros in the worksheet? You need to remove the module that contained the macro. Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed), right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter >system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - >how do I turn off this warnin...

Macro, being taken to Macro text when execution
I am using the below code to color code the names if they appear in th cells below the heaing Pilot, when I execute the macro I am taken t the macro with the End Sub highlighted. Not sure what I am doing wron here, any help is appericated. Sub Colorcells() For Line = 150 To 1 Step -1 If Pilot = "Lyon" Or Pilot = "Post" Or Pilot = "Hall" Or Pilot "Cabot" Or Pilot = "Baganai" Or Pilot = "Cline" Or Pilot = "Goldfein Or Pilot = "Fink" Then Cells(Line, 7).Select Selection.Font.ColorIndex = 5 End If End Su -- Message pos...

Pivot Table Filtering
Hi, I am trying to filter a pivot table through a macro and what I have works but I have come to find out that the source data is more dynamic than I thought and is breaking my macro each month I run it. Here is a small exerpt of what I have so far: ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable").PivotFields("Project ID").CurrentPage = _"(All)" 'Filter for KT Hours With ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable").PivotFields("Project ID") .PivotItems("7012276").Visible = False .PivotItems("7012279").Visib...

Disable sending Email
In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able to send out email untill permitted. Thanks On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI" <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from >sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able >to send out email untill permitted. > >Thanks You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction on the IMS to deny mail...

Disable Cached Mode
Hi all! Is there any way to disable Cached Mode (CM) on Exchange 2003? Sure, I can do it with GPO, but some computers can be out of scope of this GPO and then they will be able to turn on the CM in their Offce 2003. But CM is critical security risk and I have to disable it. At http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010000781033.aspx?Product=out2003 I can read: "Exchange server administrators have the ability to disable this feature in Outlook. For more information, contact your Exchange server administrator. Additional information for administrators is available in the Mi...

Macro #11
I have deleted the macros out of a worksheet but when the worksheet is opened it still comes up with the message to enable or disable macros. Since there are no macros in this particular worksheet, I would like for that not to come up. How would I do that? Thanks "erirog" <erirog@mpicorp.com> wrote in message news:6b6301c3e687$077e5880$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have deleted the macros out of a worksheet but when the > worksheet is opened it still comes up with the message to > enable or disable macros. Since there are no macros in > this particular worksheet,...

SMTP being disabled
HI Exchange 2003 / Server 2003 I'm just having a world of problems with Exchange all of a sudden... It's been up and running about 2 months but all of a sudden it's going nuts... The SMTP service is being stopped and set to disabled. This is happening each morning around 1 AM. The only thing I can find in the event logs is event 7035 - The SMTP service was successfully sent a stop control and then Event 7040 - The start type of SMTP service was changed from auto start to disabled For the life of me, I can't find what is originating these commands.... I thought maybe t...

Recording a Macro to automate an Integration Manager script
I did the following: I am using Great Plains 9.0 version. I need to automate running an integration script to create a financial batch. 1. Created a batch file to open the integration manager and run a specific script. "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\Integration Manager\IMRun.exe" /I "Calfrac Job Trx Integration - CWSHOSQLTEST1" /S 2. Created a shortcut pointing to this batch file on the Navigator pane within Great Plains. 3. Clicked on the shortcut and it automatically launches Integration Manager and picks the right script to run and opens a "Select Fil...

Enable/Disable Macro Pop-Up
In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? See Help, macro setting Change macro security settings in Excel juamig wrote: > In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office > document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity > to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? > Right, someone else told me the...

Protecting sheet disables Grouping buttons
I am delivering a worksheet to a client, and have protected it. As well as stopping people changing the data, though, it also stops them using the Grouping buttons. How can I enable grouping on a protected sheet? If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True .EnableAutoFilter = True End With End Sub (I wasn't sure what caused your outlining--...

Need macro to copy a hidden row
I have a spreadsheet with rows 701 identical rows [rows 6 - 706]. These rows contain formulas, data validation, merged cells, and conditional formats. As I enter data into the rows, I sometimes need to go back and insert a row with the same formulas, validation, merged cells, etc. I thought the best way to accomplish this would be to hide row 6 (as I sometimes will change one of the rows by adding an @sum or something, so I can't be sure that the row above where I currently am working is unaltered, so I figured to use a hidden row as a "template") then access it [row 6] to copy a...

Disable Trended Deposits
Does anyone know how to turn off trended deposits (forecasted) feature? If you press the customize option on the left hand side, you can change it to show budget entries instead of trends -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money <a...

Disabling New Records on Forms in VB
Hi Everyone, I have designed a form which successfully supresses the ability to create new records by setting the AllowAdditions property to "No". The problem is that when I open the form using the code below the form once again allows additions and I can't figure out how to prevent this. I tagged the "Me.AllowAdditions = False" into the openargs section but to no avail. If anyone can spot the problem in my code I would be very grateful. Thanks, John ******* Start Code ******* Private Sub cmdView_Click() Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As ...

Disable username, password and domain prompt
Greetings... I currently have a network with computers running Windows 2000 with Outlook 2000 SR-1 and am in the process of upgrading the computers to Windows XP with Outlook 2002 SP3. One of my users has an issue where he has to type in his username, password, and the domain every time he opens up Outlook on the Windows XP machines, but never on the Windows 2000 machines. The option to uncheck the "Always prompt for username and password" box is not found on either version of Outlook, and he is set up for NT password authentication in his Outlook settings. Is there something else...

Disable page caching without disabling caching of jpegs and stylesheets etc
Hi, We have a data based web app that basically must not cache any of the pages as they contain real time data. I am currently using the following line in the page template on the PreInit event: Response.Cache.SetCacheability(HttpCacheability.NoCache) Will this prevent things like Jpegs and CSS stylesheets from being cached as well? If so is there another way of doing this? Cheers, James JimLad wrote: > We have a data based web app that basically must not cache any of the > pages as they contain real time data. > > I am currently using the following line...

disable F1
Is there a way to disable the F1 Hot Key so that the Help Menu doesn't pop up? Place these in a standard module: Sub DisableF1() Application.OnKey "{F1}", "" End Sub Sub EnableF1() Application.OnKey "{F1}" End Sub HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to disable the F1 Hot Key so that the Help Menu doesn't pop up? >. > ...

2003 Macro Issue
Hey guys, I am wondering if anyone can help me, I have a macro to save a copy of an excel spreadsheet that works fine in Excel 2002 but in 2003 gives a debug error. The macro is as follows - Sub Save_to_History() Dim BackupFileName As String BackupFileName = Range("openfile") If MsgBox("Are you sure you want to save to history?", vbYesNo + vbCritical, "WARNING!") = vbYes Then ActiveWorkbook.Save ActiveWorkbook.SaveCopyAs ("C:\data\forms\history\" & Range("o3")) End If End Sub Basically it does not like the BackupFileName...

Function or Macro ?
Hi Guys I am using Excel 2000 and Win2000 Pro. I don't know if this should be done in a formula or macro. Basically I need to check the values of three cells on each row. If each cells value comes within range of the specified value then I add the C cell value to the sum value in C8. So in the example below: C1:C3 are added because A1:C1, A2:C2 and A3:C3 all match the criteria. Where as rows A4:C4, A5:C5 & A6:C6 do not, So C4:C6 are not added to the Total Sum in C8. A B C Equal to 99 Starts with 401 ...

How do I combine MACROS and functions?
I'm copying and pasting onto excel from an accounting program, and it's pretty inconsistant. Whenever a new heading pops up, it either deposits the first cell in the A column, and the second cell in the C column, or it deposits the first cell in the B column, and the second cell in the C column. I can write a function to identify this =IF(A#="",IF(B#="","","deleteA"),"deleteB") where # stands for whatever row I happen to be in. And I figured out how to write a MACRO to delete a specific cell. But with six thousand rows, and d...

Disabling users from deleting item in their inbox
Iam trying to figure out how to disallow certain users from deleting email from their inbox. I have a few users that delete item they are not supposed to and would like to know if i can disable them from doing so. Or is there a way to disable the empty deleted items? thanks Frank frank@interconnectnetworks.com <frank@interconnectnetworks.com> wrote: > Iam trying to figure out how to disallow certain users from deleting > email from their inbox. I have a few users that delete item they are > not supposed to and would like to know if i can disable them from > doing so. Or...

Some menu functions disabled
Hi I have just received an excel file that has a lot of the menu and tool bar options disabled. For example, in one of the sheets, rows 1-10 have been hidden but the option 'unhide' in the menu is disabled Any ideas? Hi maybe the file/worksheet is protected. Goto 'Tools - Protection' and unprotect it >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >I have just received an excel file that has a lot of the >menu and tool bar options disabled. > >For example, in one of the sheets, rows 1-10 have been >hidden but the option 'unhide' in the menu is disable...

Macro and sub rountines
I have a spreadsheet with 100 tabs, it is automatically created from another program (Microsoft FRx Financial Statement program) I need to reformat each tab so that the report will print the way I want it to. I was able to create a macro that does what I want, but I don't know how to easily copy it so that it works universally for all tabs in the workbook. This is what I tried but it doesn't work and I need some help The problem is with Sub Macro2(), I don't know how to set up a nested macro so the macro will repeat itself for all tabs in the workbook Sub Macro2() ' &...