Disable exceptions thrown on File Save As

I am working on a long term project where I am creating thousands of csv
files from Excel using the File Save As menu item. Every time one does this
they get two messages: File type doesn't support multiple pages and
Myfile.csv may contain features that ...

It is totally madening and over the months its wasting a lot of time. How
can I disable the throwing of these exceptions?

--
mark b
0

If you're using a macro, just put:
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
before the line using .SaveAS... and:
Application.DisplayAlerts = True after it...

If you don't use any macro, you can try using the event BeforeSave of the
workbook and testing the SaveAsUI parametre...
But if you don't want to use any macros, I can't see how to disable the
alerts!
---
KR,

V.

"mark" wrote:

> I am working on a long term project where I am creating thousands of csv
> files from Excel using the File Save As menu item. Every time one does this
> they get two messages: File type doesn't support multiple pages and
> Myfile.csv may contain features that ...
>
> It is totally madening and over the months its wasting a lot of time. How
> can I disable the throwing of these exceptions?
>

> --
> mark b

Save chime
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel We updated from an older version of word which had a chime sound when saving a file. My wife got to depend on this to confirm that she really had saved. This version does not seem to have that feature, or is it hidden somewhere? Not exactly "hidden" :-) Go to Word> Preferences> General, in the 'Authoring & Proofing Tools' check the box for "Provide feedback with sound". HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 2/21/10 12:32 PM, in article 59bb3343.-1@webcross...

Disable BU
A really quick one for you. If I disable a BU in MSCRM, does the corresponding OU in Active Directory become disabled? I think the answer probably 'No' as I actually cannot find a way to disable the OU manually and therefore cannot check, but if anyone has a definitive answer I would be grateful. Regards Peter John - thanks for your help. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >No, disabling BU in CRM will not disable corresponding OU in the AD, just like dissabling CRM user in CRM will not siable the corrsponding user in AD. > >"Pete" wrote: > &...

Unhandled Script Exception #7
I have a client who is receiving the following unhandled script exception when logging into a single company: EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_BAD_PARAM SCRIPT_CMD_DEREF_TABLE Any idea what could be causing this? It usually happens when the client and server are out of sync. Try removing "products" from the dynamics.set file to match those that are not available in your company database. a. Do you have only one company? b. can you log into this company from a different install of GP? "Hannibal" wrote: > I have a client who is receiving the following unhandled script e...

Excel 2002 can't read files
All of a sudden, my excel 2002 reports all my files as "unable to read". They can be opened on other computers. I've tried repairing Office and running a virus scan, but it still won't work. Even new files won't open again after I save them once. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Disable the Office Plugin that comes with Symantec/Norton AntiVirus. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in" for more info. "Batty boy" wrote: > All of a sudden, my excel 2002 reports...

how do i delete archive folders when the pst file is missing
We recently updated to a mocrosoft exchange server and several of my pst files were somehow lost. I am resigned to missing the info but now I have all the archive folders listed on my navigation pane and no way to delete them. Any suggestions? duchenej <duchenej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We recently updated to a mocrosoft exchange server and several of my > pst files were somehow lost. I am resigned to missing the info but > now I have all the archive folders listed on my navigation pane and > no way to delete them. Any suggestions? If right-click>Close won...

Print Preview "Prev Page" but is always disabled
Hello, I have created an MFC application and have added Printing and Print Preview capability. The only problem i have is that the Prev Page button on the Print Preview toolbar is always disabled. The "Two Pages" button and "Next Page" are enabled and work correctly. I am setting the CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage() and CPrintInfo::SetMinPage() and CPrintInfo::m_nCurPage values in OnPreparePrinting() but this doesnt seem to make a difference. Is their anything else that i can try which will enable this button? Thanks Andy ...

how can disable service with bat file
Hi, Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. What service? "Vijay" wrote: > Hi, > > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. That's funny ... weren't we just talking about Permissions? :-) Anyway, the command to control a Windows Service (enable, start, stop, disable, etc) is SC.EXE. Run SC /? at a command prompt to see the syntax. Put the necessary SC command in a batch file, and you are all set. Hope it helps, Andrew -- amclar at ...

disable macro warning
I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - how do I turn off this warning screen upon entering system when I have no macros in the worksheet? You need to remove the module that contained the macro. Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed), right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter >system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - >how do I turn off this warnin...

Exception Reports
Does anyone know if it is possible to complete the following query using standard MSCRM querying tools i.e. standard reports / advanced find Query the database to view all of the accounts that have not had any activities created or updated within the past x months? Appreciate I can create a custom report to do this, but is it possible using the standard tools? Thanks Jo Savidge i tihnk its possible but you will always have issues..what happens if someone added an actvity on a contact linked to the account for example. If you have a process that says users can only add activities to acc...

Default zip file icon
How can I get my Windows zip icon back? Thanks to Ramesh I can now open zip files but thee Internet Explorer icon is being used as the zip file icon. How can I get it back? I'm not too computer literate when it comes to working on H_keys in the registry, if that's what it takes, but I can follow good instructions. Can a clever person help me out please? Here's the Registry key. Copy everything between the dotted lines, including empty lines but not including the dotted lines, and paste it into a fresh plain-text file using Notepad, for instance. There must be tw...

Delegate user for file sharing?
Hello All, We need to have ordinary users the ability to share folders on there local drives i am looking for a way to achieve this granular settings without giving more extra security option equivalent to Power user. Is this option available in delegation if yes what option to achieve that. Please advice Thanks, Hello Tal Bar-Or, Never heard about another way then making them Power users. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ...

Disable sending Email
In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able to send out email untill permitted. Thanks On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI" <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from >sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able >to send out email untill permitted. > >Thanks You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction on the IMS to deny mail...

ADP Payroll File
We just implemented ADP for payroll but we do not have the payroll module in GP 9.0. What is the best way to get these checks into bank recon? Does anyone have a good process for doing this? I am assuming we get a file from ADP and upload through int manager. Has anyone had a good experience with getting a file from their bank of the checks that cleared. Does this happen automatically or is this a manual process? Any input would be appreciated for we are trying to come up with the best process ASAP. Thanks Barb Barb, I implemented this for a national theater megaplex builder...

How to get a separate Undo for each of several files?
To demonstrate on two files: write A into file 1, then B into file 2, C into file 1, D into file 2 Now, in whichever window you use Undo, it will first remove the D, then C, then B, then A. While this can be useful, it is not a behaviour I would prefer, but rather an Undo that only works for the current file. How can I turn it off? I have the feint idea this is a new feature (I am speaking here of Excel 2003). I don't think it's a new feature. And undo is an application feature. You may want to request an enhancement to xlwish@microsoft.com Peter Sidor wrote: > > To d...

Disable Cached Mode
Hi all! Is there any way to disable Cached Mode (CM) on Exchange 2003? Sure, I can do it with GPO, but some computers can be out of scope of this GPO and then they will be able to turn on the CM in their Offce 2003. But CM is critical security risk and I have to disable it. At http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010000781033.aspx?Product=out2003 I can read: "Exchange server administrators have the ability to disable this feature in Outlook. For more information, contact your Exchange server administrator. Additional information for administrators is available in the Mi...

SMTP being disabled
HI Exchange 2003 / Server 2003 I'm just having a world of problems with Exchange all of a sudden... It's been up and running about 2 months but all of a sudden it's going nuts... The SMTP service is being stopped and set to disabled. This is happening each morning around 1 AM. The only thing I can find in the event logs is event 7035 - The SMTP service was successfully sent a stop control and then Event 7040 - The start type of SMTP service was changed from auto start to disabled For the life of me, I can't find what is originating these commands.... I thought maybe t...

getting the value from text file to xml
I am working in ASP.NET with C#. I have a text file which contains datas with delimiters. For example:- MSH|^~\$|DISCHARGE|CLAY COUNTY MEMORIAL|||200502110939| I also have an XML file created with predefined tags. Some of the tags contain child element. I need to pass the data from the text file i.e the value within the delimiters should be passed to the corresponding tags within the XML file. I have done this through hard code. But i need it to be dynamic. There are also possibilities to add or delete tags from the XML file which should not affect the code. I have created the XML us...

Annoying Problem with Payroll Direct Deposit Exceptions
When we calculate deposits in payroll, we are getting two types of exceptions that are really not exceptions. 1. A DD is set up for a specific amount to go to first account and 100% to the second. We get some exceptions saying it tried to deposit an amount to the second account but there is a penny less available. Example: Total net pay 157.45. $50 to first account. It will say attempted 107.46 to second account, deposited 107.45. 2. An employee had a linked deduction. The deduction is made inactive and the linked DD is made inactive. The exception report shows 2 exceptions. ...

how do you export excel files to Quickbooks Simple edition
I'm a newbie....I need to know if you can export invoices that are on EXCEL templates into Quickbooks invoice file or sales receipt file. Thanks for any help on this quest. Dianna In quickbooks go to file import excel "Newbie Dianna" wrote: > I'm a newbie....I need to know if you can export invoices that are on EXCEL > templates into Quickbooks invoice file or sales receipt file. > > Thanks for any help on this quest. > Dianna ...

Enable/Disable Macro Pop-Up
In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? See Help, macro setting Change macro security settings in Excel juamig wrote: > In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office > document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity > to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? > Right, someone else told me the...

How do I get rid of #agg fields when Importing an XML file into E.
I'm importing an XML file that has int and double information within it. When the data is imported into Excel I get an extra column tagged with #agg For example: - <NewDataSet> - <Results> <FOO>41.01</FOO> </Results> This creates two columns when importing to Excel /Results/FOO /Results/FOO/#agg 41.01 41.01 ...

Protecting sheet disables Grouping buttons
I am delivering a worksheet to a client, and have protected it. As well as stopping people changing the data, though, it also stops them using the Grouping buttons. How can I enable grouping on a protected sheet? If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True .EnableAutoFilter = True End With End Sub (I wasn't sure what caused your outlining--...

What file type can publisher open and edit?
Hello Everyone, I'm using MS Publisher 2007 and would like to know what other type of files it can use and edit other than *.pub files? If it can only use *.pub files, how can a person convert a *.PDF file to a *.Pub file? what other file types can be converted to a *.Pub file? Thanks to all who reply, Ismael By the way I'm using MS Publisher 2007 (12.0.6527.5000) SP2 MSO (12.0.6529.5000) "Ismael" wrote: > Hello Everyone, > > I'm using MS Publisher 2007 and would like to know what other type of files > it can use and edit other ...

Disable Trended Deposits
Does anyone know how to turn off trended deposits (forecasted) feature? If you press the customize option on the left hand side, you can change it to show budget entries instead of trends -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money <a...

Excel file very large in size?
I have made excel workbook with 10 sheets. It is simple and has one sheet with graph, and also 4 pictures of size 300Kb. Why excel file is over 3100 Kb in size, or this is ok? Thanks in advance Marc Excel is noted for over-estimating the actual used range on a sheet. See Debra Dalgleish's site for info and instructions for resetting. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:37:45 +0200, "Marc" <marc5@hotmail.com> wrote: >I have made excel workbook with 10 sheets. It is simple and has one sheet >with gra...