disable auto-creation of email hyperlink?

When I enter a string of text that contains the @ symbol, Excel automatically turns it into a hyperlink to my email program. Is there a way to disable this?
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi Joan,

depends on your Excel version:
Excel 2003: Goto 'Tools - Autocorrect - Auto format as you type' and
disable this option

Before that (though as I don't use Excel 2002 maybe the tip for Excel
2003 will work):
a) Use the following macro to remove hyperlinks of a chosen selection
(after your data entry)
Sub RemoveHyperLinks()
  selection.hyperlinks.delete
end sub

b) Without macro:
- Type the number 1 in a blank cell and copy this cell
- Select all your cells with hyperlinks
- goto 'Edit - Paste Special'
- choose multiply

c) Process the Worksheet_change event (see
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/nohyperlinks2.html)

HTH
Frank

joan wrote:
> When I enter a string of text that contains the @ symbol, Excel
> automatically turns it into a hyperlink to my email program. Is there
> a way to disable this?

0
frank.kabel (11126)
1/23/2004 9:37:47 PM
Joan

Tools>AutoCorrect>Autoformat as you type> uncheck "internet and network paths
with hyperlinks"

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:16:05 -0800, "joan"

>When I enter a string of text that contains the @ symbol, Excel automatically turns it into a hyperlink to my email program. Is there a way to disable this?

0
Gord

Auto Accept Agent fails to complete install.
Has anyone run into this... using Exchange 2003 / Windows 2003 SP1? Error States roduct: Auto Accept Agent -- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action CA_AutoAcceptInstaller.install, location: D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\Agents\AutoAccept\Bin\AutoAcceptInstaller.exe, command: INSTALL 5 Thanks in advance, Are you sure you have all requisite permissions? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backup...

Auto-stop feature?
I would like to be able to play a DVD while I'm faling asleep and have Windows Media Player automatically stop at the end of the DVD (so the DVD drive doesn't run all night). I have the feature on my TV's DVD player, so I assume it is something that can also be done on my computer. I just can't figure out how. On Mon, 10 May 2010 19:00:01 -0700, hlagas <hlagas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >I would like to be able to play a DVD while I'm faling asleep and have >Windows Media Player automatically stop at the end of the DVD (so the DVD ...

Printing Email in Outlook from Publisher
We are sending a publisher document as an email message. When it arrives in Outlook and we try to print the email, it elects to become hundreds of pages except it is only 5. Thank you. ...

Combo box
In Access 97, I'd like to automate sending an email if the status of "Completed" is selected from the dropdown list. The email would always go to the same address, basically a notification that the status is complete. Thanks, Mary I'd also like to include in the subject or message body the value in one field on the form if possible. "Mary" wrote: > In Access 97, I'd like to automate sending an email if the status of > "Completed" is selected from the dropdown list. The email would always go to > the same address, basically a notifi...

Hypertext and links in email received
The emails I receive do not have links underlined or in hypertext so that I can click on them and go to the linked web site. How do I fix this?? ...

hyperlinks #27
I want to put a hyperlink in a spreadsheet that will take me from that sheet to a "CHART" not a another sheet. how do I do it. Thanks Dave UK Hi! AFAIK, you can't get a hyperlink to address a chart sheet. You can get a command button to move you to that Chart using VBA. This lacks the RETURN capability, but you can put in your own return. Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Disable BU
A really quick one for you. If I disable a BU in MSCRM, does the corresponding OU in Active Directory become disabled? I think the answer probably 'No' as I actually cannot find a way to disable the OU manually and therefore cannot check, but if anyone has a definitive answer I would be grateful. Regards Peter John - thanks for your help. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >No, disabling BU in CRM will not disable corresponding OU in the AD, just like dissabling CRM user in CRM will not siable the corrsponding user in AD. > >"Pete" wrote: > &...

email #70
i have cable.I have outlook ex. on it as my mail. i can snd and receive form it fine. I hooked up the cable to my laptop (wireless) . I can do everything on it fine,,, get websights and all., BUt when i go to my outlook mail, i can send but cannot recieve any mail,,, why? Arleen You have to set up your accounts in Outlook Express on the laptop with the correct POP server settings. Then set the laptop accts to leave mail on server so that mail will be available to download to your desktop--or vice versa. You cannot receive mail on the laptop because the desktop already received it to...

Auto print HTML page from hyperlink in Excel?
I hope someone in this forum can help me with this question. I have just been sent an Excel 97 spreadsheet containing approx 900 rows of information about documents created through a web form. One column contains a full list of the URL information pointing to eac of these documents. Due to a legal requirement, every one of thes documents must be printed prior to actioning in an accounting syste (Yes, you read that right! Dontcha just love industrial relations?) To enable faster access for printing, I have created hyperlinks for al of these URL's in another column by using =HYPERLINK(M2) an...

Print Preview "Prev Page" but is always disabled
Hello, I have created an MFC application and have added Printing and Print Preview capability. The only problem i have is that the Prev Page button on the Print Preview toolbar is always disabled. The "Two Pages" button and "Next Page" are enabled and work correctly. I am setting the CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage() and CPrintInfo::SetMinPage() and CPrintInfo::m_nCurPage values in OnPreparePrinting() but this doesnt seem to make a difference. Is their anything else that i can try which will enable this button? Thanks Andy ...

how can disable service with bat file
Hi, Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. What service? "Vijay" wrote: > Hi, > > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. That's funny ... weren't we just talking about Permissions? :-) Anyway, the command to control a Windows Service (enable, start, stop, disable, etc) is SC.EXE. Run SC /? at a command prompt to see the syntax. Put the necessary SC command in a batch file, and you are all set. Hope it helps, Andrew -- amclar at ...

adding a hyperlink to a signature
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Is it possible to add a link to my website in my signature file? I would prefer to have my customers directed to my site my email signature. <jcasey@officeformac.com> wrote: > Is it possible to add a link to my website in my signature file? I would > prefer to have my customers directed to my site my email signature. The easy way is to place it there in plain text. Most e-mail clients will be able to activate it as a link, Otherwise you need a rich text signature and everythi...

Parameter Query No Results
I have a parameter query works as long as there are related records in the tables. My problem is I when the query results are "null" or no records exist I want the query to automatically create a new record based on the parameter input. Is this possible? Example: [CustomerID] criteria shows Like "*" & [Enter Customer ID:] & "*" If this is a new record for this Customer my query returns no values. I want the query to automatically create a new record for this Customer or show all records related. Your help is GREATLY appreciated! ...

disable macro warning
I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - how do I turn off this warning screen upon entering system when I have no macros in the worksheet? You need to remove the module that contained the macro. Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed), right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter >system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - >how do I turn off this warnin...

Free Voice Email for Outlook
WaxMail is a new, free plug-in for Outlook that allows voice messages to be recorded directly into email messages as MP3 attachments. WaxMail is available as a free download from http://www.waxmail.biz Not a very good way to spam --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. <paul.andrews@netralia.com> wrote in message = news:1131619526.283980.218080@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > WaxMail is a new, free plug-in for Outlook that allows voice messages > to be recorded directly into email...

Email Campaign Bad Address Handling
Does CRM have an automated way of dealing with bad email addresses that it sends to during an email campaign? Thanks, Tony ...

Auto Updater #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel When I attempt to install the MS auto updater 2.1.1, I get a message that states my connection to the update server was interrupted, the server was too busy or there was a problem connecting with my network. Has anyone had this issue and how do I resolve this. On 4/6/09 3:07 PM, "dylan204@officeformac.com" <dylan204@officeformac.com> wrote: > When I attempt to install the MS auto updater 2.1.1, I get a message that > states my connection to the update server was interrupted, the server was > too...

pictures on email will not forward with text. just a white box
when i forward an email with pictures on it - not attachments - it will not enclude the picture. just a white box where the pictures were. thanks ...

How to hide the "Properties" of an email address
I often receive email where I am one of several recepients. Usually, if you right-click on the name of someone in the TO list, you can choose Properties, and determine that person's email address. That can be a problem for that person, if he/she wants to keep his/her email address private. I recently received an email, but when I right-clicked on the names in the TO list, I could not get the Properties information. It appears that the sender knows how to list the person's name in the TO list, but prevent his/her email address from being determined. I would like to know how t...

Disable sending Email
In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able to send out email untill permitted. Thanks On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI" <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from >sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able >to send out email untill permitted. > >Thanks You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction on the IMS to deny mail...

emailing newsletter
I created a newsletter under the email section in publisher. Then I converted it to a web page & 'sent page as message.' Why did only a few people receive it [the help section states that recipients do not need publisher to read the newsletter]? I wanted to avoid attachments. Please help! Because some people have their email set to plain text only and there's nothing you can do to get around that. If you want to make sure that all of your target audience can read your newsletters that you need to send it as an attachment. Either that or put it on the web somewhere a...

Workflow to email prior Owner as well as current?
Hi all, Our sales folks are experiencing a "magic trick" with Accounts - that is, due to a fast-paced company environment, we often have accounts that "disappear" from one salesperson's ownership and get reassigned and "reappear" for the new salesperson to own. I can build the workflow to assign a new Account Owner when they are assigned to the account, but I also want to email the PREVIOUS owner that they lost the account. I've searched the MBS forum and also taken several swings myself, but no luck. Any suggestions for how I could email the pri...

Send a Sheet as body of Outlook Email
I used to be able to send an Excel sheet as a body of a message to a recipient. The recipient would be able to reply and enter information and then send it back. With 2007 the "sent to mail recipient" function seems to change the sheet to html format and the recipient cannot enter information and return the spreadsheet. Is there a setting or change that would return the old functionality. I used this function as a type of electronic signature to validate that the return document came from the intended source. If not have you any alternative ideas ...

SMTP being disabled
HI Exchange 2003 / Server 2003 I'm just having a world of problems with Exchange all of a sudden... It's been up and running about 2 months but all of a sudden it's going nuts... The SMTP service is being stopped and set to disabled. This is happening each morning around 1 AM. The only thing I can find in the event logs is event 7035 - The SMTP service was successfully sent a stop control and then Event 7040 - The start type of SMTP service was changed from auto start to disabled For the life of me, I can't find what is originating these commands.... I thought maybe t...

MTA Auto Stop ( Error 4284, 4287 )
Dear, I am using Exchange 5.5 SP4 with WinNT4.0 SP6a I find on this two day My MTA Auto Stop, and I need to Restart I check the Event log , It have below Message EVENT ID 4284 , Source MSExchangeMTA An error occured during connection/disconnection. Error code : 8511 ( POP4 POP4 DOWN 6) (14) EVENT ID 4287 , Source MSExchangeMTA An Internal MTA error occured. Contact Microsoft Technical Support. Error code=8640 ( 75 POP4 POP4 DOWN 6) (14) EVENT ID 9277 , Source MSExchangeMTA The MTA has issued an RPC Cancel call for thread 1, Locality Table Index 31, Time (ms); 1240000, Cancel result 0 ( QPL...