Digital signature in Excel 2000

When trying to sign a macro project (with a valid
certificate), I receive the following error message:
"There was a problem with the digital certificate.  The
VBA project could not be signed.  The signature will be
discarded."

I have created several other certificates using SelfCert
but the problem persist.

Any help?

Thanks for you help!
0
anonymous (74722)

PDF Format for Excel
Can Excel spreadsheets be save in PDF format? Thom, Excel can't save files directly to PDF files. You need a third party product like Adobe's Acrobat (full version, not just the free Reader), or something like PDF995 (www.pdf995.com) . -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Thom" <thancox@lgbcpa.com> wrote in message news:090401c3cfb4$a5eef630$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can Excel spreadsheets be save in PDF format? Thom, Yes, but you need a program capable of doing so... A popular one is Adobe Acrob...

excel file .xls
xp user need excel and excel spreedsheet file .xls. In order to run this file i would need to purchase excel. I don't know anything about excel just interested in the one file program .xls amortization extra payment program. Don't know which excel program has this feature. Please reply. goto www.openoffice.org you can download a free program that will open the excel file. ...

Digital Imaging Pro #2
Great tools! Question is, can I convert a (B&W) photograph to a line drawing? -- CharleneM Carla wrote: > Great tools! Question is, can I convert a (B&W) photograph to a line > drawing? We wouldn't know. This is a Publisher group. -- In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/ Yes, I know it's a Publisher group, but since Dig Imaging Pro is bundled with Publisher and since I can't find a Dig. Imaging Pro forum, I was hoping someone working with Publisher and DIP might know as such a conversion would be most appropriate in black and white materi...

2-digit
I have two lists of product codes (2-digit and 6-digit), each of which has an import value (in otherwords 4 columns) as follows: 1 2 3 4 Prod code (2 digit) importval ($) Prod code (6-digit) import value ($) 01 50 010001 25 010002 10 010003 15 02 75 020001 12 020002 18 020003 20 020004 25 As you can see the 6-digit product codes are a dissaggregated from the 2-digit codes. That is if you sum the value of the 6-digits imports it will equal the value of the 2-digits imports. So for product 01 = $50 = 010001 +010002+010003=50. The same occurs for product 02 and so in for my real data set. N...

Digitally signature
Hi We have an excel spreadsheat that different people fill out. Is it possible for every person to digitally sign the excel spread sheet when they have filled out the excel spreadsheet?? Regards Morten ...

Macros running slow in Excel 2003
Does anyone know why macros that ran ok in Excel 2000 now take foreve in Excel 2003? This affects any kind of macro and turning Aut Recalculation On and Off does not help -- ebeltran ...

excel #22
Is there a way to fill a column from a different sheet and the next day fill the next column over from the same sheet as that sheet is updated by a data base daliy. I want to keep the information in the first column and continue to move to the next column each day. To do this you will need to create a macro. The code you need (bar any tweaking to fit your purpose) is: Sub placecols() mycolnum = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").End(xlToRight).Column + 1 Sheets("Sheet2").Columns("A").EntireColumn.Copy _ Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(1, mycolnum...

How locate merged cells in Excel
I want to sort columns but some cells are merged. How do I locate the merged cells - or is there a way of unmerging all merged cells? Select all cells and hit the "merge" button, just like you were going to merge those cells. If there are any merged cells within your workbook it will unmerge them first. -- Regards, Dave "LESTEREDEN" wrote: > I want to sort columns but some cells are merged. How do I locate the merged > cells - or is there a way of unmerging all merged cells? ...

signatures question
Hello all, If you have 1 user who is bob@company.com and sales@company.com and he can reply from both addresses from the same outlook account (as both go to the same email inbox) how do you setup different signatures so one signature displays "bob" the other "sales" depending on who your sending the mail from. Thanks in advance for any help ross malyon <ross.malyon@selectec...co.uk> wrote: > If you have 1 user who is bob@company.com and sales@company.com and > he can reply from both addresses from the same outlook account (as > both go to the same ...

Excel 2000: Can I display more than one curve in a single chart
Hi All, Can I display more than one curve (i.e., more than a single set of data points) in a single chart? I am using Excel 2000. tia Avraham Makeler. Sure. Select more than 2 columns when you create the chart. Alternately select the chart and follow the prompts at Chart|Add Data Jerry Avraham Makeler wrote: > Hi All, > > Can I display more than one curve (i.e., more than a single set of data > points) in a single chart? > > I am using Excel 2000. > > tia > > Avraham Makeler. ...

PUBLISHER 2000 & 2003
in publisher 2000 when using word art you have the use of rotation and effects. Now what happened to the rotation and effects in word art in 2003? After creating your WordArt, grab the little green circle above it. That will allow you to rotate it. As for the effects - what effects? Everything is there - maybe in a different place, but it's there. -- JoAnn Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer. --Bruce Graham "JOHN G" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16CFB1E0-901F-4B22-AB22-64BF319FB81C@...

Digital Signature
I am trying to apply a digital signature to my XLS doc. I have created a couple of macros and when I go into the VB editor and go to Tools>>Digital Signature and select my Digital ID It shows [No Certificate]. I then proceed to select choose and select my Digital ID from the list. After hitting ok it will now show The VB project is currently signed as [my Digital ID] but when I exit out of the VB editor and out of excel and reopen the xls it doesn't have the digital ID attached anymore. It shows The VB project is currently signed as [no certificate] Am I missing a step he...

Excel number formatting #2

Using Self Certify Digital ID with Shared Files
You can use the MS Self Certification utility to create a Digital ID to share macro enabled files with other XL users, even those running at high security. Here's how: File Originator: 1. Run c:\program files\OfficeXP\Office10 \selfcert.exe (if file not found, use add/remove on MSOffice, it's in Office Tools) 2. Enter a name (eg John Doe, ACME Corp) 3. Open XL file you want to certify and open up VBE 4. Go Tools|Digital Signature 5. Click Choose 6. You should see the name of the cert that you just created on this list. Select it then click OK, then OK again 7. Save and Close fi...

Outlook 2000 & Windows 7 compatibility??
Just got new computer w/Win7, still using Outlook 2000...waiting to upgrade in July when Office 2010 is released.. 'Only' able to Receive Emails, but cannot Send or do a number of other things in Outlook.. Plus each time I go out of it & then back in, it gives me the Outlook 2000 Startup window?? Would appreciate anyone who can give me their experiences or fixes for this same thing. Thanks! Try turning off User Account Control (UAC). Other than that, I wouldn't use anything less that Office/Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 as you still may end up with some compatibil...

Macros & digital signatures
Can anyone tell me if macros that are digitally signed would be affected if the person who signed them left a company & their network account was cancelled? Thanks, Jason ___ As I understand it, there will be a file containing the digital signature and it is not connected to the creator's network account. In any case, it's not difficult to create a new digital signature file of your own "Jason O" wrote: > Can anyone tell me if macros that are digitally signed would be affected if > the person who signed them left a company & their network account was &g...

Excel Calculations Open in Manual Occasionally
MSOffice 2003, WinXP. When I open Excel, the Calculation Option defaults to Manual instead of remaining on Automatic. Is this a bug in Excel? I never set it to Manual. Thoughts can be posted or sent rich32822(Remove this)@hotmail.com. Regards, If the first workbook you open is set to manual it will change the setting for other workbooks as well meaning that if someone is sending you a workbook with this set, you open it by opening the attachment and Excel opens. Then you close this particular workbook and you open a new workbook, this workbook will now be set to manual -- Regards,...

Email from Excel
Hi. Can someone please tell me how I can set up emailing function in Excel? I use Excel 97 and Win XP. I used to be able to go to File, then Send To, then Mail Recipient and it would open up my "New Mail" window from the email client that I use which is IncrediMail and it would automatically attach my spreadsheet for mailing. All I had to do then was type in the email address of the recipient. I reformatted my computer this weekend and now when I go to File, Send To, Mail Recipient all I get is a box open up that says "Choose Profile" that in the drop-down field...

certificates and digital signatures with 2003
if the exchange server 2003 gives out DS's or encryption to the clients, do all the oultook clients have to be 2003? or can the other clients like 2000 gain access as well? Ihope that makes sense thanks ...

Excel to My Favorites
I have rebuilt a machine and failed to backup My Favorites. I had previously used a utility (sorry, forgot what it was) to export all my Favs, all 1334, to a spreadsheet. The Excel spreadsheet has 3 columns, a title, a URL and the parent directory. These were straight out of the My Favorites folder(s). I would like to rebuild the IE My Favorites with the info in this spreadsheet. Any ideas on how to export each line in the spreadsheet to create a new My Favorites link. Is there simple path staring my right in the face? Chris Chris, You need to create a bookmark.html file so that you ca...

hOW TO USE eXCEL FUNCTION
=IF(AND(M26<=7501,N26="A"),M26*G12,IF(AND(M26<=7500,N26="B"),M26*F12),IF(AND(M26<=7500,N26="C"),M26*E12),0) SO THAT I AM ABLE TO UNDERSTAND IF SALARY OF EMPLOYEE LESS THEN 7500 AND GRADE IS A THEN 10% OR GARDE IS B THEN 8% OR GRADE IS C THEN 6% OR NOINCREMENT Hi, I think this is what you want =IF(AND(M26<7500,N26="A"),M26*G12,IF(AND(M26<7500,N26="B"),M26*F12,IF(AND(M26<7500,N26="C"),M26*E12,0))) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest a...

how do i import into outlook from excel
have a file which has the names, address etc on each row. For example row 1, name, row 2 address, row 3 city and state, row 4, phone. Can this somehow be imported into outlook contacts? It is a large file and would take quite a lot of work to drag each record from its row, into a column format. But i do want to get it into the OUtlook contact list, for sales calls. Thanks Have you tried File-->Import from Outlook's menus? ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "RF" <RF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAC9A4FB-C21F-4512-93EF-3...

How insert HTML in Signature Line?
Using Outlook 2007. Is there a way to enter HTML code directly into the signature line or do you need to use the built in Rich Text Editor in Outlook? Al Franz <albert@nospam.netmation.com> wrote: > Using Outlook 2007. Is there a way to enter HTML code directly into > the signature line or do you need to use the built in Rich Text > Editor in Outlook? See if this helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/signatures.htm -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Excel Display Problem
There are two monitors on my XP-Home system. The primary one uses the Intel adapter provided on the Dell motherboard. The secondary one uses an Nvidia RIVA TNT2 Model 64. On the primary monitor all works well. On the secondary all works well with every program except my Excel 97. And even with Excel everything is ok except the little edit window that one enters cell contents into. When I ask it to edit an existing cell, it does not show the first few characters. Grumble, grumble.... I've just lived with this for quite awhile, but I decided that perhaps the problem was maybe...

Create Excel Form with Excel data
I have an Excel speadsheet of data that I would like to print out a seperate form of each record (line item). I am familar with Access's ability, though I thought I can accomplish the same from within Excel since Excel was actually created as a database application some years ago. ----------------- Scott You could use a macro to loop through the items in a list, and print each one on a separate form. Or, if there are no complex calculations, you could use Word's Mail Merge feature to print the forms, with the Excel file as the data source. Scotts wrote: > I have an Excel spe...