Digital Certificates for Office 97

--------------010300030100040808060404

First I would like to thank Peo and Gord for their replies to my post on
Digital Certificates - 1/24/04.  The SelfCert.exe that Gord mentioned is
also included with Office 2000, but not Office 97.

Can SelfCert.exe be used with Office 97?

Thank You for any assistance.
Jim

--------------010300030100040808060404

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
and Gord for their replies to my post on Digital Certificates - 1/24/04.
&nbsp;The SelfCert.exe that Gord mentioned is also included with Office 2000,
but not Office 97.<br>
Can SelfCert.exe be used with Office 97? &nbsp;<br>
Thank You for any assistance.<br>
Jim &nbsp;<br>

--------------010300030100040808060404--

0
jimbeth (5)

Jim,

Office 97 doesn't support digital certificates.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Jim & Beth Hess" <jimbeth@en.com> wrote in message
First I would like to thank Peo and Gord for their replies to my
post on Digital Certificates - 1/24/04.  The SelfCert.exe that
Gord mentioned is also included with Office 2000, but not Office
97.

Can SelfCert.exe be used with Office 97?

Thank You for any assistance.
Jim

0
chip1 (1821)
1/28/2004 6:49:01 PM
Chip,
Thanks for the information.  My friend in the UK and I developed a
workbook that has a macro that clears data, resets the workbook for a
new year and saves the workbook with a new name for the next year.  I
have Office 2000, but he has Office 97.  He wants to stop the virus
warning for this workbook without reducing his security settings.  I had
also thought of trying the Certificate Authorities listed on the MS web
site -
 http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnsecure/html/rootcertprog.asp

Thanks again,
Jim

Chip Pearson wrote:

>Jim,
>
>Office 97 doesn't support digital certificates.

0
jimbeth (5)

2-digit
I have two lists of product codes (2-digit and 6-digit), each of which has an import value (in otherwords 4 columns) as follows: 1 2 3 4 Prod code (2 digit) importval ($) Prod code (6-digit) import value ($) 01 50 010001 25 010002 10 010003 15 02 75 020001 12 020002 18 020003 20 020004 25 As you can see the 6-digit product codes are a dissaggregated from the 2-digit codes. That is if you sum the value of the 6-digits imports it will equal the value of the 2-digits imports. So for product 01 = $50 = 010001 +010002+010003=50. The same occurs for product 02 and so in for my real data set. N...

Digital Imaging Pro #2
Great tools! Question is, can I convert a (B&W) photograph to a line drawing? -- CharleneM Carla wrote: > Great tools! Question is, can I convert a (B&W) photograph to a line > drawing? We wouldn't know. This is a Publisher group. -- In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/ Yes, I know it's a Publisher group, but since Dig Imaging Pro is bundled with Publisher and since I can't find a Dig. Imaging Pro forum, I was hoping someone working with Publisher and DIP might know as such a conversion would be most appropriate in black and white materi...

New computer and office 2007
I ordered a new computer at work and already have office 2007. I want to activate it on the new one and deactivate it on the old one. Has anyone done this or what will I have to do? I did a search on Microsoft and didn't get any hits on it. Thanks, Lee "Neophyte" <wleecoleman@.nospam.ev1.net> wrote in message news:%237S3ME1KJHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I ordered a new computer at work and already have office 2007. I want to >activate it on the new one and deactivate it on the old one. Has anyone >done this or what will I have to do? I did a search on...

Out Of Office Assistance #3
Hi, I am Running Active Directory 2003 and Exchange Svr Std 2003 on my Domain. I have setup so users can use the Out Of Office Assistant tool. The Out Of Office Assistance only works on Some user accounts and Not all. All users can activate the Out Of Office Assistance using Outlook 2003 but only a few users are able to send Automatic Replies back. Is this a known issue? If someone has a solution please let me know. Thanks, ...

A general officer is an officer
A general officer is an officer of very high military rank. The term or equivalent is used by nearly every country in the world. General can be used as a generic term for all grades of general officer, or it can specifically refer to a single rank that is simply called general. -- ramki ramki wrote: > A general officer is an officer of very high military rank. The term > or equivalent is used by nearly every country in the world. General > can be used as a generic term for all grades of general officer, or > it can specifically refer to a single rank that is s...

Turn off Out of Office Assistant as an Administrator
Is it possible to turn of ooa for a user from an administrator snap-in? Connecting to the users mailbox seems a little too clumsy to me. 3rd party products like: http://www.symprex.com/products/oom/ -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Collin" <Collin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8325B6EC-2641-47B5-909B-6BD953128E69@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to turn of ooa for a user from an administrator snap-in? > Connecting to the users mailbox seems a little too clumsy to me. ...

For Office: convert documents into jpg (image screenshot)
I would love this feature! It took me about 20 minutes manually taking screenshots of a document I had and saving it as a picture. I would like Office 2007 and later to have this feature so I dont have to use other programs. Here was the document: http://www.CreationLightship.com/doc/etc/Email_Box_March_2010.doc Here was the picture I created manually via screenshots of the document: http://creationlightship.com//images/email/email_2_25_2010.jpg Thanks a many! Blessings It took me about 2 seconds to spot this as advertising! This is a newsgroup for Microsoft Acces...

Project Server vs Microsoft Office SharePoint Server
I see a well priced hosting solution for Microsoft Office SharePoint Server. I own MS Project Professional 2007. I would want to publish tasks, milestones, alerts, etc. to a few collaborators. How well would Project Pro pair with MOSS to suit my stated needs? Other members of the group do not own project. Is there any way through a developed app that would allow the other collaborators to indicate task completion, alerts, etc. within an email that could automate the processng of same. In other words, can a task request be embedded through coding to a recipient through ...

Digitally signature
Hi We have an excel spreadsheat that different people fill out. Is it possible for every person to digitally sign the excel spread sheet when they have filled out the excel spreadsheet?? Regards Morten ...

Office Diagnostics issue ...
Today a display box appeared with a suggestion to run Microsoft Office 2007 Diagnostics Tool because it detected that my Office was crashing frequently. I allowed it to run as suggested, and other than one part that couldn't complete because of something being missing, it detected no problems with memory or compatibility, etc. The crashing it detected I suspect is caused by an installation of software from Avanquest called Lightning PDF. Ever since I installed it, Word does not close correctly 99% of the time, and Avanquest tells me I am the only person with this problem (...

Office v X Professional, Service Release 1
Can someone please tell me what updates I should install on SR-1? I am unable to tell if SR-1 is newer or older than 10.1.3. Thanks, Brent Hi Brent, See here for what you need, and how to find out. Sounds like you need 10.1.4 and 10.1.5. http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/vxversions.html DM "Brent Bosin" wrote: > Can someone please tell me what updates I should install on SR-1? I am > unable to tell if SR-1 is newer or older than 10.1.3. > > Thanks, > Brent > On 4/19/04 1:55 AM, in article BCA8E218.176%bbosin@sbcglobal.net, "Brent Bosin&quo...

Enable Out of Office
I have a user that is out of the office for two months and I need to enable their OOF. How do I do that without that user logged in? She turned it on when she was logged in and it worked. But now she is out and not logged in and it does not work. We are using Exchange Server 2003 and Outlook 2003. On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 07:11:31 -0800, Kevin <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a user that is out of the office for two months and I need to enable >their OOF. How do I do that without that user logged in? She turned it on >when she was logged in and it worked. But ...

Auto Recover for MS Office 2003?
I'm using MS Office Word for 2003 and keep getting a message that says the auto recover is disabled. For the life of me, I can't find out how to enable it. Anyhelp would be very much appreciated. Thanks! In 2003 Save AutoRecover Data is controlled by settings in Tools> Options> Save. If the feature is already activated but you still get the message it could be due to something that's preventing the necessary temporary files from being created. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/2/10 8:08 PM, in article F45E812D-CF15-4CCF-A20D-30104C73E6CF@m...

Office 2007
i wish to show date in report as "JUL" instead of "Jul" i can only do it by converting date to string first and report with ">" format type. is there another simple way to do it? Thanks. Tony well, essentially, that's how i would do it. but you don't say *how* you're converting the date to a string. a simple way is to use the Format() function at the report level. instead of assigning your date field directly to a textbox control's ControlSource property, set the ControlSource property as follows: =Format(DateFieldName, "mmm d, yy...

Digital Signature
I am trying to apply a digital signature to my XLS doc. I have created a couple of macros and when I go into the VB editor and go to Tools>>Digital Signature and select my Digital ID It shows [No Certificate]. I then proceed to select choose and select my Digital ID from the list. After hitting ok it will now show The VB project is currently signed as [my Digital ID] but when I exit out of the VB editor and out of excel and reopen the xls it doesn't have the digital ID attached anymore. It shows The VB project is currently signed as [no certificate] Am I missing a step he...

Complimentary migration kit for MS Office 2010 web apps
Hi everyone, If you=92ve been following the news on the new launch of Microsoft Office 2010, you may have noticed something missing. The new Office Web Apps that are causing quite a Google v. Microsoft stir are not MS Access-friendly. Read more about it in the latest blog post from Caspio, =93Access 2010 Snubs Web Developers =85 Now What?=94 at http://blog.caspio.com/commentary/ms-access-2010-snubs-web-developers/ and please share your comments. An excerpt of the post is included below. And while you=92re there, you should check out our complimentary Access Migration Kit (http://...

Calendar on my office vs Calendar on my laptop
how can I get the appointments I booked on my office computer to show up on my laptop calendar when I use the same log in name and password On 3/9/2010 7:42 PM, spicole wrote: > how can I get the appointments I booked on my office computer to show up on > my laptop calendar when I use the same log in name and password You would want to use Exchange server. How big is your office? Alternatively, you can use another appointment sync solution. Both Microsoft and Google offer such solutions. -- Leonid S. Knyshov Crashproof Solutions 510-282-1008 Twitter: @wiseleo http://...

Want docs to use Office 2004 apps by default
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I have Office 2008 and 2004 installed, and both seem to work fine. However, my computer is older so I would like to continue to use Office 2004 by default, and Office 2008 selectively. The problem is, setting a doc to open with the 2004 version never 'sticks'. Even if I use Finder->Get Info, and set a .doc or .xls file to open with an Office 2004 app, and even click 'Change All' so all apps do this, double-clicking always results in the 2008 app launching. Is it possible to change this? Thanks! Th...

Using Self Certify Digital ID with Shared Files
You can use the MS Self Certification utility to create a Digital ID to share macro enabled files with other XL users, even those running at high security. Here's how: File Originator: 1. Run c:\program files\OfficeXP\Office10 \selfcert.exe (if file not found, use add/remove on MSOffice, it's in Office Tools) 2. Enter a name (eg John Doe, ACME Corp) 3. Open XL file you want to certify and open up VBE 4. Go Tools|Digital Signature 5. Click Choose 6. You should see the name of the cert that you just created on this list. Select it then click OK, then OK again 7. Save and Close fi...

"Out of Office" Missing from toolbar in Outlook 2007
Just noticed this today. Looking for guidance. Are you using an Exchange account? Also see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/374 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Maurice" <Maurice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C16106D3-342C-42F1-B440-FC8842EC4BB5@microsoft.com... > Just noticed this today. Looking for guidance. Just to clarify,...

Buy of office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Can I buy office 2008 on this site if I live in Russia? I need without CD. Nope. Can't buy from this newsgroup site. But you might be able to buy from or see informationa about bying at http://www.microsoft.com/ru/ru/default.aspx. I can't be more specific as I don't read the language used on that site. --rms a1dorado@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > Can I buy office 2008 on this site if I live in Russia? I ne...

Opening Office 2003 files in Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello all! I am considering buying a MAC and would really like to know if it is possible to open my Office 2003 docuemnets (mainly word, excel and powerpoint) with little or no trouble. When speaking to the salespeople at the MAC store, I was not convinced that this can be done so easily. Thank you in advance! PJ In article <59b78490.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, PJLinMI@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > Hello all! > &...

Macros & digital signatures
Can anyone tell me if macros that are digitally signed would be affected if the person who signed them left a company & their network account was cancelled? Thanks, Jason ___ As I understand it, there will be a file containing the digital signature and it is not connected to the creator's network account. In any case, it's not difficult to create a new digital signature file of your own "Jason O" wrote: > Can anyone tell me if macros that are digitally signed would be affected if > the person who signed them left a company & their network account was &g...

Installing Office Mac 2004
I've tried installing Office Mac 2004 onto a new computer and when I try to open any of the Office applications I get an "Upgrade Verification" box saying, "This software is an upgrade to an earlier version of the software. To continue installation, click Browse, and then select the folder that contains the earlier version of the software (Microsoft Office 2001 folder, for example). The folder can be located on either your computer or the CD-ROM from which you originally installed the earlier version of the software." Again, this is a brand new iMac, so there shou...

I have Office XP, is publisher included in this suite and if not,.
I have Office XP and I am not sure if publisher is included in this suite. I need to open a .pub file that i got emailed to me. How can I do this if I do not have publisher. Will another office program open the file. Thanks in advance! First, try Start All Programs and look for Microsoft Publisher. Second, ask the person that e-mailed the file to you to create a PDF and resend it. Third, buy Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 at your local retail store. "dharnois" <dharnois@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EEA5A3C-6EF1-4DFE-A8BE-F893D377B23B@microsoft.c...