Different first page header

Is there any way to have the header on the first page be different then =
the=20
rest?   I have a data entry form and with date, time, location, air =
temp, wind=20
direction, percent cloud cover and other information on first half of =
the the=20
first page.  Then the second half of the first page and the following =
pages=20
only have species, quantity, and remarks.  In order to be able to sort =
the=20
data, I didn't want to enter the column titles on each page, but I did =
want=20
the column headers there when the sheets are printed.  So I was hoping =
to=20
have it be in the headers of every page but the first.  I've seen =
something=20
about the "&" being able to be used to do some header formatting.  Is =
there=20
a way to do a different first page header?
0
anonymous (74722)

It sounds like putting the row of your column headers in the

   File/PageSetup/Sheet Repeat rows at top of sheet

textbox would solve your problem.

In article <4eca01c3ffdf$a00f4110$a401280a@phx.gbl>,
 "Norm Shea" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Is there any way to have the header on the first page be different then the
> rest?   I have a data entry form and with date, time, location, air temp,
> wind
> direction, percent cloud cover and other information on first half of the the
> first page.  Then the second half of the first page and the following pages
> only have species, quantity, and remarks.  In order to be able to sort the
> data, I didn't want to enter the column titles on each page, but I did want
> the column headers there when the sheets are printed.  So I was hoping to
> have it be in the headers of every page but the first.  I've seen something
> about the "&" being able to be used to do some header formatting.  Is there
> a way to do a different first page header?
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
3/1/2004 11:01:07 PM
You da man!  Thanks much.  That works great.  What a cool little tool.  =
I=20
knew some guru would know about something like this.  There is just=20
nothing like this in the Help stuff.

Thanks again,
Norm

then=20
the=20
>> rest?   I have a data entry form and with date, time, location, air =
temp,=20
>> wind=20
>> direction, percent cloud cover and other information on first half of =
the=20
the=20
>> first page.  Then the second half of the first page and the following =

pages=20
>> only have species, quantity, and remarks.  In order to be able to =
sort the=20
>> data, I didn't want to enter the column titles on each page, but I =
did=20
want=20
>> the column headers there when the sheets are printed.  So I was =
hoping=20
to=20
>> have it be in the headers of every page but the first.  I've seen =
something=20
>> about the "&" being able to be used to do some header formatting.  Is =

there=20
>> a way to do a different first page header?
>.

0
anonymous (74722)
3/1/2004 11:35:27 PM
FYI

In Help Answer Wizard enter "Print Titles"(no quotes) to find J.E.'s answer.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 15:35:27 -0800, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>You da man!  Thanks much.  That works great.  What a cool little tool.  I
>knew some guru would know about something like this.  There is just
>nothing like this in the Help stuff.
>
>Thanks again,
>Norm

0
Gord
3/1/2004 11:55:22 PM
Gord,

I appreciate your response and the fact that there is a wealth of =
information=20
in the Help sections.  My frustration comes from the fact that I looked=20
through the Help section for an hour and a half and found nothing about=20
"printing a different header than the first page".  And there's 2910 =
hits in=20
Google's "microsoft.public.excel.misc" for "different first page header =
in=20
excel".  No where in there does anyone refer to the simple process I was =
just=20
introduced to.  Why not make the Help a little more intuitive.  If there =
are=20
that many people trying to "print a different header than the first =
page",=20
don't you think it would make sense to have something in the Help that=20
mentioned this process when people search for "different header than the =

first page".  If I'd found it in the Help, I wouldn't need to be on here =
asking. =20
Now, I know that there is only so much intuition that can be built into =
a=20
search engine, but based on the number of people that seem to look for =
this=20
feature, it seems like it would be something a little easier to find.

Norm

of=20
the=20
>>the=20
>>pages=20
sort=20
the=20
>>want=20
>>to=20
Is=20
>>there=20
>>>.
>>>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
3/2/2004 2:34:59 AM
Norm

My information was in no way intended to be a criticism of your not being able
to find the appropriate topic in Help.

Help is a tad difficult to use unless you know exactly what you are looking
for.  We all agree on that.

I was just pointing you Help on the specifics of J.E.'s suggestion, which is
not a "different header than the first page", but "rows to repeat at top".

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 18:34:59 -0800, "Norm Shea"

>Gord,
>
>I appreciate your response and the fact that there is a wealth of information
>in the Help sections.  My frustration comes from the fact that I looked
>through the Help section for an hour and a half and found nothing about
>"printing a different header than the first page".  And there's 2910 hits in
>Google's "microsoft.public.excel.misc" for "different first page header in
>excel".  No where in there does anyone refer to the simple process I was just
>introduced to.  Why not make the Help a little more intuitive.  If there are
>that many people trying to "print a different header than the first page",
>don't you think it would make sense to have something in the Help that
>mentioned this process when people search for "different header than the
>first page".  If I'd found it in the Help, I wouldn't need to be on here asking.
>Now, I know that there is only so much intuition that can be built into a
>search engine, but based on the number of people that seem to look for this
>feature, it seems like it would be something a little easier to find.
>
>Norm

0
Gord

IE8 and Firefox can't load pages without refresh
I've got two XP desktop computers and one Vista laptop computer connected to a Linksys router and then to Comcast internet through a cable modem. In the last few weeks the two XP computers have had difficulty loading web pages and often require several refreshes before a page is loaded. The problem is erratic and sometimes the pages load just fine. The problem seems to be independent of which browser is used and happens with both Firefox and IE8. On the other hand, Outlook 2003 works with no problems at all on both XP computers and other programs like Google Earth work normal...

Pulling data daily from a differently named report everyday
Hello, I have a spreadsheet where I use formulas to pull data from multiple reports on a shared server everyday. What I do is to save those reports under a certain name everyday since the formulas have to have the static report name in them to pull data. (For example, A1 may pull data from c:\reportfolder\reportA, B1 may pull from c: \reportfolder2\reportB, etc). In these report folders our IT group runs a new report in it everyday but of course they change the name of the report every day (to reflect the date) . . so in the reportfolder there will be "reportA-3-12-2009", and "...

Hi, my first post here
Hi, This looks like a great site. It is my first post here. Before I ask my question I was wondernig if it is possible to attach a zip file of the datbase I'm working on to the thread? I don't see the option. Thanks Eddie. Sorry but this site does not accept binaries. punter wrote: >Hi, > >This looks like a great site. It is my first post here. Before I ask my >question I was wondernig if it is possible to attach a zip file of the >datbase I'm working on to the thread? I don't see the option. > >Thanks > >Eddie. -- HTH - RuralGuy (RG f...

booklet printing 8 pages first page printing on right half of 11x1
That is a true statement. -- Don Vancouver, USA "JudyJ" <JudyJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00F46724-8BDC-4DDC-993C-D90F305ABCE6@microsoft.com... > Wots your real problem?????? "JudyJ" <JudyJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00F46724-8BDC-4DDC-993C-D90F305ABCE6@microsoft.com... > There is a lot of space here to explain what you think is a problem. Page 1 should print on the right and page 8 on the left so when it is folded it will make the outside of your booklet John g. ...

Different margins on different pages
I am setting up a template for letters at work. The first page of our letterhead has one ste of margins and all subsequent pages will have a different sent of margins. I know that section breaks can be used, but if staff copy and paste text from existing letters into this new template, the section break moves. Is there any way of locking the section break to the page? so the pasted text goes over the top of it? Hi Lilly80, You could setup your document with a 'different first page' layout. That allows the first page to have a different set of margins to the rest o...

Page Load/Click Event Timing Issue
I have a webform that alters it's content depending on whether or not the current user is logged in. It does this in the Page_Load event. My master page has a logout button. If the user clicks this button, it fires the Page_Load event in my content page, the Page_Load event in my master page, and finally the Logout_Click event for my logout button. This means that my code that alters the page (depending on whether or not the current user is logged in) fires before the code that logs the user out. This results in serving a page for a logged-in user when they are now logged ...

Publisher 2003 Page Numbering
Is it possible to number the pages in a Publisher document starting from a specific page number (eg Page 35). If it's possible, how do you do it? The help files don't... TIA GG GordonG wrote: > Is it possible to number the pages in a Publisher document starting > from a specific page number (eg Page 35). > > If it's possible, how do you do it? The help files don't... > > TIA > > GG ====================== Try going to...Insert / Section -- ******John Inzer******** **MS Picture It! MVP** *****Digital Image****** Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl....

Different values for error bars in series
In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my bar chart. Hi, See Jon's blog on the subject. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/error-bars-in-excel-2007/#comments Cheers Andy On 06/04/2010 15:52, wdwind1 wrote: > In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data > point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my > bar chart. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Count first occurance of text
I have a row of 24 cells, some are blank and others have text. I am trying to create a formula that returns the first instance of text being used. I have tried using a match, but it gives me an error because I am trying to pull text not a number. thanks Here's one dart throw .. Assume your 24 source cells are A2:A25 Place in say, B2, normal ENTER to confirm: =INDEX(A2:A25,MATCH(TRUE,INDEX(ISTEXT(A2:A25),),0)) Bullseye? hit the YES below -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:27,000 Files:200 Subscribers:70 xdemechanik --- "Chad Wods...

GPO for change of "Show this address list first" ?
Hi, is there a way to change the setting in the Outlook address book over GPO ? thanks udo No. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Udo Lorenz" <Udo Lorenz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C68FFA2E-9C17-4035-AC99-CED6512D0538@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > is there a way to change the setting in the Outlook address book over GPO > ? > > thanks > > udo ...

A Different CRM for GP
Hello, We are pondering the idea of implementing MS Dynamics CRM. However, I am curious whether anyone else has had success in integrating a different CRM product with GP 10.0. It's not that we don't like the MS product; I just like to ensure I have covered all bases. Our partner does not have any other recommendations as they have not worked with any other CRM applications. Any information would be greatly apprecaited. Thank you, -- Jessie GoldMine is a good product, very mature, and easier to maintain table structures. There are links to GP but I cannot remember the fir...

Making page fit inserted picture
I inserted a jpeg picture and resized it to be 4"by 6". How do I make the Publisher page equal to the picture (i.e. no white space around the picture, so that the page is the same size as the picture) Setup your page 4 x 6. You need to create a custom size in your printer 4 x 6. If you do not create a custom printer size then Publisher will print multiple copies per page. It would help to know what version Publisher you are using. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Jeancho" <Jeancho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A67D046-AE87-4D99-9B9C...

2 users access calendar online with different rights
hi user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in calendar online http://www.exchangedomain.ch/usersname/kalender/ user B is able to see, but not to add or edit entries at the moment in outlook itself its working. user B can open the folder calendar of user A and make entries and change entries what have to be done that this is possible also with web access exchange ? thankx mike schwarz On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:09:29 +0200, "Mike Schwarz" <ctek@ctek.ch> wrote: >hi > >user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in &...

Same column, different cell width at different row
I have tried inserting a break and split, didn't work. I just want to separate the top half of a page with the bottom half so I can apply different cell width on the same column. Or how would I be able to do this? Same column but different cell width. Thanks! Glenn You can't do that. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Glenn Chung" <GlennChung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20746997-9D99-4684-A352-120370D27036@microsoft.com... >I have tried inserting a break and split, di...

Fixed Assets
When using the Fixed Asset module, I am finding some small differences when compared to the Depreciation calculated by the External Accountants for tax purposes. Client would like to match exactly to the amounts calculated by external accounts. What is the best way to fix this issue? thanks, -- Patti Need more info Patti. What are the depreciation methods/settings that are creating the differences? Does this occur on every asset or just some? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your gptip42today at www.gp2themax.blogs...

endnotes on new page
Is there a way to put all the endnotes together on a new page? I've tried inserting a page break in the endnote separator and tried setting the endnote separator to start on a new page, but those methods didn't work. Thanks. -- ~ Janet Insert a page break before the endnote separator. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Janet S" <JanetS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C...

Removing days header and attachment view in Entourage mail

Dates Difference
Hi, I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how do i get that in vc++? I have used the DateDiff function in asp but couldn't find anything like that. Also, how can i convert string to a date? thanks in advance karan >I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how >do i get that in vc++? Karan, Convert (if the dates aren't already in this format) the dates/times to FILETIME and subtract the values. >Also, how can i convert string to a date? Try COleDateTime::ParseDateTime or VarDateFromStr. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://ww...

Web page transfer to server (problem)
I created a document and saved it as a web page on XP_) tried to upload it using FileZilla FTP. It ended up as gibberish on my website. I have been successful with my old computer, no problems. Did you check FileZilla's document specs requirements? Sometimes with those FTP sites they have file and storage limits. Maybe the file is too big? Just check their FAQ or customer service, since you're trying to upload to their site it'll be your best bet. :). "gelston" wrote: > I created a document and saved it as a web page on XP_) tried to upload it &g...

Want to display value and difference on one chart
I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 in a different color. On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, JMH <JMH@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I >want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 >in a different color. Use your spreadsheet to calculate the values, then use the chart to graph them. Never try to use a chart for calculation. ...

Sending from 2 different computers
I have Outlook 2003 on my desktop at home and 2002 on my laptop while traveling. My server is Comcast. I would strongly prefer to use Outlook (rather than Comcast's webmail) on both computers. I have configured Outlook on both computers to receive email. I can also leave a copy on the server so it can be downloaded again later on the other computer, assuring that I always have copies of all emails no matter which computer I'm using. Problem is I can't send from my laptop. I've tried Comcast's instructions for configuring Outlook 2002 for use while traveling, but it doesn&...

Show/Hide Column and Row Headers
Hello, ive got difficulty how to show the column and row headers in Excel worksheets, can anyone help me? tnx! -- graz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ graz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27611 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471335 Good morning Graz Try Tools > Options > Row & Column Headers (under the View tab). HTH DominicB -- dominicb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dominicb's Profile: http://www.exce...

Different shape width in different views in Excel 2007??
In Excel 2007, I create a shape in "Normal" view and set its width to any value (e.g. to 15cm). Now I change to "Page Layout" view and guess what... the width now shows up as something more than 16cm??! (The width property as points in VBA changes accordingly.) Switching to "Page Break View" will result in one more different width value. Is this "just" a big bug in Excel 2007 or did I miss something?? I know that the selected default printer or the chosen zoom factor may have an influence on the shown size of a shape, but these discrepancies are ...

page set up in document
We have different brands of printers - some with affixed trays, others without. In our associated template we have page set up as: (different) first page - tray 1 and other pages - tray 2. This has been made the default setting on that particular template. PROBLEM: When we print first to a plain printer (even the same brand and tray set up), once the document has printed, it reverts to "automatically select" and the tray 1/tray 2 set up has to be done all over again. This template was worked on by our software support (they would have different printers from us). Co...

appointment prints different time
Hi, My client uses a french CRM with date format dd/mm/yyyy. when he creates an appointment with the SFO client from e.g. 11 o'clock until 16 o'clock it is saved like correctly. but when he prints it out, the starttime is 8 o'clock and end time 13 o'clock. it is like that for every appointment. it always prints out 3 hours earlier. Anybody had this too? Thanx Cypress, You can check if both the server and the user are in the same time zone. Server: Open Control Panel, Date and Time, Timezone Client: On the laptop open Control Panel, Date and Time, Timezone Open CRM vi...