Difference in the listing of the New module addition in 2002 version

Hi,

I have Excel 2002 at home and also at work.

At home when I add a new module (using Insert module) Then it gets listed
under "VBAProject (Book1)" and it is in the same tree node as "Sheet1
(Sheet1)", "Sheet2 (Sheet2)" , "Sheet3 (Sheet3)" "This Workbook". There is
no separate "Microsoft Excel objects" folder.

While at Work when I insert a new Module it gets added under a folder called
Module which is basically part of the tree node  "VBAProject (Book1)". Also
at work I have a separate "Microsoft Excel objects" folder under which
"Sheet1 (Sheet1)", "Sheet2 (Sheet2)" , "Sheet3 (Sheet3)" "This Workbook".

Please tell me what causes this difference?

Thanks a lot,
Hari
India

0
excel_hari (160)

In the Project Explorer window, where the tree view is, click on
the folder icon at the top to toggle between the two display
modes.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Hari" <excel_hari@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have Excel 2002 at home and also at work.
>
> At home when I add a new module (using Insert module) Then it
> gets listed
> under "VBAProject (Book1)" and it is in the same tree node as
> "Sheet1
> (Sheet1)", "Sheet2 (Sheet2)" , "Sheet3 (Sheet3)" "This
> Workbook". There is
> no separate "Microsoft Excel objects" folder.
>
> While at Work when I insert a new Module it gets added under a
> folder called
> Module which is basically part of the tree node  "VBAProject
> (Book1)". Also
> at work I have a separate "Microsoft Excel objects" folder
> under which
> "Sheet1 (Sheet1)", "Sheet2 (Sheet2)" , "Sheet3 (Sheet3)" "This
> Workbook".
>
> Please tell me what causes this difference?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Hari
> India

0
chip1 (1821)
1/3/2005 3:47:45 PM
Hi Chip,

Got it.

Thanks a lot,
Hari
India

"Chip Pearson" <chip@cpearson.com> wrote in message
> In the Project Explorer window, where the tree view is, click on
> the folder icon at the top to toggle between the two display
> modes.
>

> --
> Cordially,
> Chip Pearson
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
> Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
> www.cpearson.com
>

> "Hari" <excel_hari@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have Excel 2002 at home and also at work.
> >
> > At home when I add a new module (using Insert module) Then it
> > gets listed
> > under "VBAProject (Book1)" and it is in the same tree node as
> > "Sheet1
> > (Sheet1)", "Sheet2 (Sheet2)" , "Sheet3 (Sheet3)" "This
> > Workbook". There is
> > no separate "Microsoft Excel objects" folder.
> >
> > While at Work when I insert a new Module it gets added under a
> > folder called
> > Module which is basically part of the tree node  "VBAProject
> > (Book1)". Also
> > at work I have a separate "Microsoft Excel objects" folder
> > under which
> > "Sheet1 (Sheet1)", "Sheet2 (Sheet2)" , "Sheet3 (Sheet3)" "This
> > Workbook".
> >
> > Please tell me what causes this difference?
> >
> > Thanks a lot,
> > Hari
> > India

0
excel_hari (160)

Pulling data daily from a differently named report everyday
Hello, I have a spreadsheet where I use formulas to pull data from multiple reports on a shared server everyday. What I do is to save those reports under a certain name everyday since the formulas have to have the static report name in them to pull data. (For example, A1 may pull data from c:\reportfolder\reportA, B1 may pull from c: \reportfolder2\reportB, etc). In these report folders our IT group runs a new report in it everyday but of course they change the name of the report every day (to reflect the date) . . so in the reportfolder there will be "reportA-3-12-2009", and "...

New to this group, is there an FAQ? Thanks.
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/welcomefaq.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Jenny <someone@microsoft.com> asked: ...

Different margins on different pages
I am setting up a template for letters at work. The first page of our letterhead has one ste of margins and all subsequent pages will have a different sent of margins. I know that section breaks can be used, but if staff copy and paste text from existing letters into this new template, the section break moves. Is there any way of locking the section break to the page? so the pasted text goes over the top of it? Hi Lilly80, You could setup your document with a 'different first page' layout. That allows the first page to have a different set of margins to the rest o...

GPO for change of "Show this address list first" ?
Hi, is there a way to change the setting in the Outlook address book over GPO ? thanks udo No. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Udo Lorenz" <Udo Lorenz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C68FFA2E-9C17-4035-AC99-CED6512D0538@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > is there a way to change the setting in the Outlook address book over GPO > ? > > thanks > > udo ...

Different values for error bars in series
In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my bar chart. Hi, See Jon's blog on the subject. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/error-bars-in-excel-2007/#comments Cheers Andy On 06/04/2010 15:52, wdwind1 wrote: > In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data > point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my > bar chart. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Showing list on continuous forms
I have a table: Activity List (contains the activities) and another Table: WorkProgramme (contains ActivityID and whether it is done or not in a particular month or months) My form is set up as continuous forms. I would like to show the Activity ID to come up automatically without having to enter this - the only thing that gets entered is the Status per month - done or not done. How do i accomplish this. thanks ...

Using banner paper Publisher 2002
Can you use banner paper in Publisher 2002? I am fairly new to the app and I have searched high and low and can't seem to figure out if I can use it and if so how? Any thougths? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Tracy Buthe <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > Can you use banner paper in Publisher 2002? I am fairly > new to the app and I have searched high and low and can't > seem to figure out if I can use it and if so how? What size banner paper are you using? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvp...

A Different CRM for GP
Hello, We are pondering the idea of implementing MS Dynamics CRM. However, I am curious whether anyone else has had success in integrating a different CRM product with GP 10.0. It's not that we don't like the MS product; I just like to ensure I have covered all bases. Our partner does not have any other recommendations as they have not worked with any other CRM applications. Any information would be greatly apprecaited. Thank you, -- Jessie GoldMine is a good product, very mature, and easier to maintain table structures. There are links to GP but I cannot remember the fir...

Creating files for all versions
Depending upon the PC I am using at my church and home, I use different versions of Pub--Pub 97, 2000, and 2002. If I want to create a file that I can use with all these versions, how do I do that? For example, I see on Brian's website that there are templates/files that can be used on several versions, i.e., a resume file, family tree, etc. In what version were those files created and saved? -- "Decisions can take you out of God's will, but never out of His reach." Gladys, You would only be able to use Microsoft Publisher 97 to save the files in order for all ...

2 users access calendar online with different rights
hi user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in calendar online http://www.exchangedomain.ch/usersname/kalender/ user B is able to see, but not to add or edit entries at the moment in outlook itself its working. user B can open the folder calendar of user A and make entries and change entries what have to be done that this is possible also with web access exchange ? thankx mike schwarz On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:09:29 +0200, "Mike Schwarz" <ctek@ctek.ch> wrote: >hi > >user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in &...

Same column, different cell width at different row
I have tried inserting a break and split, didn't work. I just want to separate the top half of a page with the bottom half so I can apply different cell width on the same column. Or how would I be able to do this? Same column but different cell width. Thanks! Glenn You can't do that. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Glenn Chung" <GlennChung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20746997-9D99-4684-A352-120370D27036@microsoft.com... >I have tried inserting a break and split, di...

Coping account info between old/new system
Is there a way, even if can be done in VBA, to copy all of my setting from my old system to my new one? I have used the OFFICE install at one time, and that force all of my office settings as well.It also had some major issues from what I remember... I would like to limit this to OUTLOOK only Thanks Phil ...

using variable length named ranges problem
I have 3 variable length lists of data that need to be concatenated in to one column. Presently the following formula works (This is typed in to A1 and copied down the column using the drag handle so in cell A2 refs to C1,D1,E1 are automatically changed to C2,D2,E2 and so on): =IF(ROW()<=COUNTA(C:C),C1,IF(ROW()<=(COUNTA(C:C)+COUNTA(D:D)),OFFSET(D1,(COU NTA(C:C)),0,1,1),IF(ROW()<=(COUNTA(C:C)+COUNTA(D:D)+COUNTA(E:E)),OFFSET(E1,- (COUNTA(C:C)+COUNTA(D:D)),0,1,1),""))) Result - a list of data in column A which is the list of data in column C plus data in column D plus ...

Distribution list usage?
Are there any cool tools out there that can help me identify "stale" distribution lists? I know we have waaaaaaay too many lists but I have no way to truly identify which ones are being used. Anything like this exist? Thanks, Dan I've never come across any. Nue "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09840DF4-AE0D-46A0-8120-CB4C7343A067@microsoft.com... > Are there any cool tools out there that can help me identify "stale" > distribution lists? I know we have waaaaaaay too many lists but I have no > way to truly ident...

problem with mulit-column value list combo box
I am trying to read the values of 2 columns of the selected item in a multi-column combo box. cboField1 is the multi-column combo box cboField1.rowsource=3Dr1c1;r1c2;r2c1;r2c2;r3c1;r3c2..... cboField1 Row Source Type=3DValue List cboField1 Column Count=3D2 Me("cboField1").ItemData(2) gives me the value for column #1 in row #2 Me("cboField1").Column(1) gives me the value for column #2 in row #1 I can't find the syntax for getting the value for column #2 in row #2. Thanks for any help! THANKS! David G. On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 21:38:31 -0500, Dav...

Message Rules Unavailable (2002)
Running Outlook 2002, I don't seem to have the "message rules" installed. I did select Junk-Mail during custom setup, but no rules option under Tools. Also when right clicking on a message there is "Junk Email" but it results in a blank submenu. I seem to be missing the rules wizard. How can I remedy this? Thanks B "Battleax" <unavailable@thistime.net> wrote in message news:0radnYU5TeeI6XeiRVn-iQ@magma.ca... > Running Outlook 2002, I don't seem to have the "message rules" installed. I > did select Junk-Mail during custom setup, b...

endnotes on new page
Is there a way to put all the endnotes together on a new page? I've tried inserting a page break in the endnote separator and tried setting the endnote separator to start on a new page, but those methods didn't work. Thanks. -- ~ Janet Insert a page break before the endnote separator. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Janet S" <JanetS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C...

Fixed Assets
When using the Fixed Asset module, I am finding some small differences when compared to the Depreciation calculated by the External Accountants for tax purposes. Client would like to match exactly to the amounts calculated by external accounts. What is the best way to fix this issue? thanks, -- Patti Need more info Patti. What are the depreciation methods/settings that are creating the differences? Does this occur on every asset or just some? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your gptip42today at www.gp2themax.blogs...

new site of bonsai
new site of bonsai - www.artedobonsai.no.sapo.pt ...

Want to display value and difference on one chart
I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 in a different color. On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, JMH <JMH@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I >want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 >in a different color. Use your spreadsheet to calculate the values, then use the chart to graph them. Never try to use a chart for calculation. ...

money 2002 doesn't start up
Add me to the list. Money was running fine but doesn't open up any more. I reinstalled, still doesn't work when I select the shortcut or the application. ...

Smart List Help
I am trying to create a Smartlist for receivables aging and I having some difficulty. I want to be able to see all customers with an outstanding balance and the associate the outstanding unpaid documents to the customer. I can get the aging information but I am unable to get the documents that responsible for the balance. I can get the information from I need that is displayed but I can’t get the information from “receivables transaction inquiry” window I am looking for. I want to be able to show any document with a dollar amount in the remaining amount field and only show the document...

list of sequential numbers
I would like to make a colum of sequential numbers say beginning with 401 and ending with 499. is there a way to do this without typing in each individual number? Hi see the answer under your originial question titled "numbers in columns" Cheers JulieD "kellyaek" <kellyaek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67FF6C4E-4AFC-4E23-8EC0-987A682318F4@microsoft.com... >I would like to make a colum of sequential numbers say beginning with 401 >and > ending with 499. is there a way to do this without typing in each > individual > number? ...

Media Center 2002
Hello, I have Media Center 2002 and I recently installed SP3 and now the Media Center does not work. The error says: ehshell.exe - Strong name validation failed for assembly... Is there a fix to this problem? Thank you. On May 30, 12:53=A0pm, "John Smith" <i...@smith.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I have Media Center 2002 and I recently installed SP3 and now the Media > Center does not work. The error says: > > ehshell.exe - Strong name validation failed for assembly... > > Is there a fix to this problem? > > Thank you. Di...

Dates Difference
Hi, I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how do i get that in vc++? I have used the DateDiff function in asp but couldn't find anything like that. Also, how can i convert string to a date? thanks in advance karan >I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how >do i get that in vc++? Karan, Convert (if the dates aren't already in this format) the dates/times to FILETIME and subtract the values. >Also, how can i convert string to a date? Try COleDateTime::ParseDateTime or VarDateFromStr. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://ww...