Design/run modes for a button

How do you switch between desing and run mode of a button that runs a macro?

You can originate a command button from two places: the Controls
Toolbox toolbar and the Forms toolbar.  I most frequently use the
button from the Forms toolbar, since I typically install a button
directly within a worksheet and assign a macro to it.  Your choice of
buttons depends on your intent: what is your end goal?

0
CycleZen (674)

Unable to run SETUP.EXE /ForestPrep
Hi, I'm trying to install the first Exchange 2003 Enterprise server in our domain/AD. Since the AD server is located in another region, I used a VPN to setup the server and connect to the AD. All went well, including the ForestPrep, the DomainPrep and the first installation. During the installation the VPN got disconnected due to malfunctioning hardware. Ever since the Exchnage box is one disaster. Exchange Server fails to start (IS and MTA service fail), the System manager keeps telling me I can not access anything. So I did a DisasterRecovery setup, all went right except for the ...

design templates
Once I download a new design template (Letterhead), how do I make it available to all new documents. Currently, I can use the new template for one document. However, when I import any data, it disappears. Then, when I go to choose a publication design, the template is not available. How can I make new/downloaded design templates available from the publication designs window? Are you asking about those from the Office web site? Once the download is complete, save as... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Char...

Excel 2000... Missing row and column designators. #4

how do i change to the new design in outlook 2007
Outlook 2007 is installed on my computer but everytime I open the program the old design is what I see. > Outlook 2007 is installed on my computer but everytime I open the > program the old design is what I see. The Ribbon is only available in new message/appointment/task windows, not to the main Outlook window. -- f.h. Microsoft Outlook MVP ...

Switching to design mode causes VS 2008 to freeze.
When I'm working on a web project and switch a page from source to design mode, VS hangs. Anybody have any thoughts? This doesn't appear to project specific - just that's it's a web page (.aspx) when it happens. TIA - Jeff. ...

Design specifications and guidelines
A small question. Where can i find the Design Specifications and Guidelines - Visual Design. Spacing: How many DLUs should there between 2 group boxes (vertically arranged) in a Dialog box? best regards bav In theory, as many as you want, but in practice, only as many as you use. Since Microsoft has abandoned any attempt to maintan GUI guidelines within their own products, there is very little reason to be too wound up about this kind of trivia (I have largely ignored most of it. Build a dialog box that looks good, and nobody is going to be counting pixels). For group boxes, you can...

Using decisions in Access design
Hi all, I want to set up an introductory page for an Access 2007 project. On this page would be some instructions and links to different pages with the usual form entries. Each of these pages would be different enough to warrant their own page and fields, but there would be similarities between all pages that need to keep them in the same database. Example: I have that introductory page with instructions and links to eight new pages. Fields 1-3 on each of the eight pages would contain identical types of information (Name, URL, and Password). These would have the same fiel...

Set Increment on Spin Button to 0.1
I'm using a spin button from the control toolbar to increase the value in a cell. the min value i want is 0 the maximum is 2 but i want it to increase by 0.1 in the properties this doesn't seem to be allowed help!!!! Thanx Mark Mark, Here is one way. Link your spinbutton to an unused cell (I use) A15. Set the max to 20. Then in code, set the real cell's value like so Private Sub SpinButton1_SpinUp() Range("A16").Value = Range("A15").Value / 10 End Sub Private Sub SpinButton1_SpinDown() Range("A16").Value = Range("A15").Valu...

Design
Hello, I have been working through serveral lessons within a workbook course but the problem that I am having is when I want to setup my own spreadsheet outside of the workbook I have problems with doing that. What type of approach should I take with designing a spreadsheet. Kelly I think that would depend on what it would be used for , Inventory, calculating values such as Cpk, Ppk, Stdev.... Sales report... they all have their own needs as to how you would design your spreadsheet, so that it suits the best of your needs. "Jessica@aol.com" wrote: > Hello, > > I...

Run full size window application
How should I set an MFC application to run on full size window (as maximized) when application does start? I tried to set as a predefined size on MainFrm, in PreCreateWindow() but does not doing what I need (e.g. ::SetWindowPos(m_hWnd,HWND_TOP,x1,y1,x2,y2,NULL); Thanks, Chris On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 10:12:07 -0400, Chris <chris@ca.ca> wrote: >How should I set an MFC application to run on full size window (as >maximized) when application does start? >I tried to set as a predefined size on MainFrm, in PreCreateWindow() >but does not doing what I need (e.g. >::SetWindowPos(m_h...

Macro buttons
I already have a couple of macros that sort a particular sheet by one of two columns. I have them attached to buttons which replace the normal column heading in those two columns. That works fine, but doesnt look very elegant. How do I attach a macro to a normal column heading cell, so it doesnt look any different to the other column headings that dont have macros attached, except with say an underline under the text to indicate that you can sort on those columns ? Not that easy to search for that using google etc. Don't use buttons. Use worksheet double-click event...

Bug or By Design?
Hi, I recently had a problem with one of my XPath expressions which led me to believe there might be a bug in XmlNode, although it could be by design since I didn't find anything in the KB. Consider the the code appended below. The function CleanEmptyElements removes all empty elements from the document using a XPath expression. As you will notice in the code, I add two empty elements. If you check the resulting testXml.xml file, the "SpecialEmptyElement" element, though emtpy is still present. The only special thing about it is that I assign a null string to the InnerT...

accde
Hi, I have some VBA that modifies a report's design. However, the code throws an exception on this line: DoCmd.OpenReport rpt_name, acViewDesign I understand the reason why, so here's my question: Q) How can my VBA code modify a report in an accde file? Thanks On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 22:26:01 -0800, Andy <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Q) How can my VBA code modify a report in an accde file? It can't. You must use an accdb. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] Hello, I have the same problem... and I create several reports... ...

Design of connectors
Hello I need some help to optimise our systems, which I inherited. Our company has 2 sites, connected with a sufficient link of 1 mbit. Site 1 has an Exchange 2003/SP1 server with an address 10.0.0.1 and site 2 has an Exchange 2003/SP1 server with an address 20.0.0.1 Site 1 has an backup Internet link of 256 mbit to ISP1 and Site 2 has a main Internet link of 1 mbit to ISP2 (we are using ISA 2004) All internet traffic flows from Site1 to SiteB, through ISA and so on. How should I configure Exchanges SMTP connectors and routing group (RG) connectors at both sites to achieve maximum reliabilt...

Query design question?
Query1 retrieves data for 2,000 records from a series of linked tables that have about 100,000 recordset Query2 retrieves data for 5,000 records from another series of linked tables that has about a 100,000 recordset as well. Query1 and Query2 are linked on a customer ID (e.g.) Should there be a simple join between Query1 and Query2 on Customer ID, or would there there be a benefit to limiting the records in Query2 first? Yes, SQL Server app - have an old stopwatch, but didn't know if some general guidelines applied. "Jerry Whittle" <JerryWhittle@discussions.micros...

Run-Time Error 13 Type Mismatch
This function causes a Run-Time Error 13, Type Mismatch Error on this line: set rstclone=frm.recordsetclone What have i done incorrectly to cause this error? Thanks, Ray. Public Function DisableEnable(frm As Form) Dim rstClone As Recordset Set rstClone = frm.RecordsetClone If frm.NewRecord Then frm!cmdFirst.Enabled = True frm!cmdNext.Enabled = False frm!cmdPrevious.Enabled = True frm!cmdLast.Enabled = True frm!cmdNew.Enabled = False Exit Function End If frm!cmdNew.Enabled = True If rstClone.RecordCount = 0 Th...

Process continues to run after closing Outlook
For the past several months I have been having a problem with Outlook 2002 not closing completely. After shutting down Outlook there is almost always a process left running in memory as shown by the task manager. I first discovered this when I was shutting down WinXP - a warning dialog would pop-up giving me the opportunity to close Outlook. If I open Outlook several times, that same number of separate processes are left running in memory - and at shut down I have to go through that many dialogs before Windows will actually shut down. Is this a known problem? I am running on a Dell Inspir...

Running a macro after document as finished rendering?
Hi, I'd like to update all of the fields in my document when the doc is opened. To do this, I have put ActiveDocument.Fields.Update in the AutoOpen() macro. This works, except for the fields that are dependant on the number of pages in the document. By examining the value of the "Number of pages" property in ActiveDocument.BuiltInDocumentProperties when the macro runs, I see that the number of pages is 3 ( there are actually 26 in my test document ) when the macro runs. If I manually run the macro, the number of pages in this property is correct. I also found that if I ...

What does "(Bulk)" designation mean on email
I had a bunch of email show up suddenly all prefixed with (Bulk). No pattern of sender nor date sent. Some were two weeks old. Does anyone know what this means or what happened. Sound like something added by integrated anti virus or spam app, or possibly your ISP AV/Spam filters, nothing to do with Outlook "Mobydick" <Mobydick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8056B15-6391-43F2-899C-47DC8F2B369E@microsoft.com... >I had a bunch of email show up suddenly all prefixed with (Bulk). No >pattern > of sender nor date sent. Some were two we...

Run-time error '424'
Can anyone advise why I am getting a run-time error with this line (and what I need to do to get it working?): Me.Parent!Form.Bookmark = rst.Bookmark 'reposition the form Here is the code I am trying to run: Sub Form_Click() Dim rs As DAO.Recordset If Me.Parent.Dirty Then Me.Parent.Dirty = False End If 'Search in the clone set. Set rs = Me.RecordsetClone rs.FindFirst "[RecID] = '" & Me.RecID & "'" If Not rs.NoMatch Then Me.P...

button #3
Hi, How can i add a button "print" in the top of the worksheet , just to print first page onle Hi Mohamed, Select the button icon on the 'Forms' toolbar and place it whereeve you want it on the sheet. Then right click on the button and selec 'Assign macro'. Then select record and perform the steps required t print one sheet. Once you are done, stop recording the macro and yo are good to go. If you want to generalise it you can analyse the code and make change to it. (Alt+f11) shows you VB Editor where your macro code is in one o the Modules. Regards RA -- Mes...

This thread has been started to run jokes.
An oldy but a goodie: 1. There are 10 types of people in this world: Those that understand binary and those that don't. 2. What is the definition of a shitzu? A zoo with no animals. 3. Where do you find a dog with no arms and no legs? Exactly where you left it. 4. A man walks into the doctors with a carrot up his nose, a potato mashed into his left ear and peas jammed into his right. The examination is pretty quick and at last the doctor says "I think I've located your problem... you're not eating properly." The seven dwarfs go to the Vatican, and because th...

Problem with Outlook 2003/Cached mode/Viruses
Every once in a while a user will get an e-mail into their mailbox on Exchange that's infected with a virus. From that point on Outlook refuses to download any new mail (including the virus-infected e-mail.) Sometimes we can delete the e-mail using OWA, sometimes not. If we take Outlook out of cached mode, all of the e-mail appears, and after deleting the infected mail and restarting Outlook back in cached mode, all mail synchs correctly. They're running Exchange 2000, using Symantec Corporate AV (on the workstations, server, and the Exchange plug-in.) Any ideas? TIA Looks l...

User env variables PATH
I'm seeing this wierd problem: I added new paths in the PATH variable which work fine (example the java and javac commands work) however the ant command is not recognized. If I run c:\bea\weblogic81\server\bin\ant - the ant command works If I run ant it does not (though the above path is visible in the PATH variable) Has anyone experienced this? Thanks, Sam ...

Invoice Designer not saving custom designs
Is anyone else running into an issue of Invoice Designer not saving custom designs? It seems to save ok, but the new invoice is not available from within Money Small Business 2005. See this: http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx#Business (second article in that section) -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback...