Deleting Specific Rows #2

I use a spreadsheet for taking orders on the phone. The spreadsheet has all
of the items we carry listed on it. At the end of the sale I have to delete
the columns that have no value in them so I can print the worksheet at a size
that can be read. Is there a way to automatically delete those cells without
having to select and delete them individually?

Use Data>AUtofilter to show the blanks, then delete all visible rows.

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"ScaffoldingDepot" <ScaffoldingDepot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E805CC80-6847-405A-9E14-0E7B8B18D234@microsoft.com...
> I use a spreadsheet for taking orders on the phone. The spreadsheet has
all
> of the items we carry listed on it. At the end of the sale I have to
delete
> the columns that have no value in them so I can print the worksheet at a
size
> that can be read. Is there a way to automatically delete those cells
without
> having to select and delete them individually?

0
phillips1 (803)
5/4/2005 3:01:41 PM
If they are empty you can select the data, press F5, click special, select
blanks and press Ctrl and -  (minus/dash), then depending on if you need the
whole row deleted select that otherwise select shift up

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"ScaffoldingDepot" wrote:

> I use a spreadsheet for taking orders on the phone. The spreadsheet has all
> of the items we carry listed on it. At the end of the sale I have to delete
> the columns that have no value in them so I can print the worksheet at a size
> that can be read. Is there a way to automatically delete those cells without
> having to select and delete them individually?
0
PeoSjoblom (789)

Pivot Table row comparison
I'm trying to compare an old customer schedule with their new schedule and highlight the changes with colour or by hiding a row. My pivot table looks like this Prod Sched wk1 wk2 wk3 A old 3 2 3 A new 3 4 3 B old 2 2 2 B new 2 2 2 So in the above example I'd like to colour the cells for wk2- Product A in yellow, and hide the product B rows as there has been no change in demand. Can someone give me some advice about how to do this Thanks for your help Ross How about an alternative??? Your raw data looks kind of like this: Prod Sched wk# qty...

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Cannot delete subreport

Age calculation #2
Hi, I'm looking for a formula to give a better response on age calculation. I have a list of computers with the data they were purchased on. I want to know how old they are. Here is what I have so far: G1 contains =today() to give current date F14 is the purchase date of the first computer in the list G14 is this formula, which tells me how many months old the computer is: =($G$1-F14)/30 The problem is that it tells me that the computer is 90 months old, which is correct, but I want to see that its 7.5 years old. Dividing that by 12 gives the answer, but there are newer computer...

Specific Fill Color selection missing?!?
Excel 97 - been using the same template for months. Extensively use the Light Yellow fill color. Today, I open the worksheet and the Light Yellow cells have been replaced by more gold-like color. In fact, where Light Yellow once positioned was in the selection box (directly below Yellow), a color labeled "Color Scheme" is now present. How do I get the Light Yellow selection back? This is driving me crazy and even affects previously saved spreadsheets. Ideas? Go to Tools | Options | Color (tab) | Reset (button) -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/p...

Rule for Deleted Items

Reply #2
Hi, I have tried this but it still tries to save as the default which in this case is No, when I need it to save as Yes Many thanks anyway John PS I think by putting your suggestion in, it just hides the alerts, but still keeps to the defaults. JohnUK wrote: > Hi, I have tried this but it still tries to save as the > default which in this case is No, when I need it to save > as Yes > Many thanks anyway > John > PS I think by putting your suggestion in, it just hides > the alerts, but still keeps to the defaults. If indeed you even see this, PLEASE do NOT change the su...

Time Card Report #2
Does anyone know if there is a more user friendly template for Time Card report ? We pay employees every 2 weeks and whenever I run a 2 week report, it only shows one date and below this date it sums up 2 dates of cumulative time worked instead of showing the isolated 2 dates. In other words, under a Monday 5/1, it will show 15 hours which actually means that the person worked cumulatively 15 hours on Monday 5/1 AND Monday 5/8... but Time Card report doesn't show the 5/8 separately which is quite confusing and invonvenient. Any help would be highly appreciated! Here is an addit...

1.2 Integration Release
Microsoft, when is 1.2 Integration going to release? All I hear is "soon", but "soon" is now turned into months. -- Brandon IT Director Presentations Direct - Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com I have NO real information, but if I had to guess it would be announced just prior to or during Convergence (3/21- 24). >-----Original Message----- >Microsoft, when is 1.2 Integration going to release? All I hear is "soon", >but "soon" is now turned into months. > >-- >Brandon >IT Director >Present...

number of rows #2
I used autoformat so that my rows would alternate colors. But, it added a bunch of empty rows so that the sheet is maxed out and my file is huge. I don't need all those empty rows and I can't find a way to delete them. Any suggestions for how to get rid of the rows, or limit the number of rows on a worksheet? I know I could copy all the data to a new worksheet, but I'd like a better solution. Try this: click on the number of the first empty row, so the whole row is selected. Using the vertical scrollbar, go to the last row on the sheet. Hold down the shift key while you cli...

hello #2
hello how am i able to give a percantage discount on the pos screen. i have a dollar retail bussiness and some times customer buys for example 50 or 100 candles from me for a weeding. so is their a way that i can give her 8% discount. so it should be something like this .... 0000123 white taper candles $1.00 x 100 = $100.00 minus 8 % = $100.00 - 8% = $92.00 92.00 plus tax thanx in advance From POS do Shift-F3 to get to the Discounts tab and take a look at the variations. You should be able to accomplish what you need. Richard "Adnan" wrote: > hello > how am i able t...

I need to show the last number in a rows in the total pending row
I have a column where I list pending cases each month and I need to show the last number in the total pending cell at the bottom of the row. I can use an offset fomula which works if the pending cases begin in row 1. However, I am not able to get it to work if the pending cases begin in rows 4 or 5 as an example. Any suggestion? Rows don't have a bottom.............guess you meant Column. Last number in column A =LOOKUP(99^99,A:A) Last anything in column A =LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A65535<>""),A1:A65535) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 16:30:08 -0800, Jen S ...

Referring to Names #2
Hi Frank I'm looking for something that's easy to copy across. Say column A contains an alpha and columns B to X contain variou numerical values with range created names of Bdata to Xdata. I'm wondering if there is any way of writing the formul Sumif(Alpha,A,Bdata) by referring Bdata to a cell reference instead o using the term "Bdata" itself, so that I can change the cell and brin up the relevant result. Hope this makes sense Timmy Ma -- Timmy Mac ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Timmy Mac1's Profile: http://www.excelfo...

Windows 2003 Server Role Hardware Specifications
Hello, I don't know where I saw it but is there a link that talks about the hardware specifications for the various servers roles such as DCs, file server, web server, etc.? -- Thank you for your help! JYC Hello Mr. JYC, Maybe this can help you: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/solutionaccelerators/ee382254.aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm >...

Follow Up Flag #2
When I set a follow up flag in Outlook 2000 it inserts a default time of 18:00. Is there a way to alter this default or do I have to change the time manually for every flag I set? ...

Conditional Formating #2
Good morning to everyone. Does anyone know if Conditional Formating have an issue in the charts? i have make text boxes which bring values from another sheet and i want to show the figures inside as green when i have an improve or red if i have damage. Any suggestions? Ps I am using EXCEL XP edition Regards Bill Jon Peltier has instructions for conditional charts: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart You could change the formula, to calculate if an amount is greater or less than the previous amount. Bill wrote: > Good morning to everyone. > >...

Delete macros

Permanent Failure: Other address status #2
Howdy, I have a customer whose customers are receiving the following email randomly... > The following addresses had delivery problems: > > <user@domain.com> > Permanent Failure: Other address status > Delivery last attempted at Mon, 12 Mar 2007 19:42:42 -0000 My customer server is SBS 2003 Standard, latest Service Packs. How do I troubleshoot this? There is nothing the App/Sys logs near this time line. I have Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server installed as well and that doesnt have any log entries either. Also this response isnt a symantec respo...

Locate a specific row or column
Hi all, Could you tell me how to locate a specific row instead of using Mouse to dray the scroll bar? Clara thank you so much for your help In VBA code, you can use: Range("D100").Activate ' Or Range("D1:D100").Select ' Depending on if you want only one cell highlighted or a range of cells. -- Best wishes, Jim "clara" wrote: > Hi all, > > Could you tell me how to locate a specific row instead of using Mouse to > dray the scroll bar? > > Clara > > thank you so much for your help Hi Clara Have you tried goto in the Ed...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

Transfer of data #2
I have a database of information in excel and need a formula for compiling totals and transferring it to the main worksheet page. Basically it is a payment tracker - I put in todays date, account number, payment amount, etc and hit submit - it then sends this info onto the next worksheet page (the database). On the main page I have weekly, and monthly totals. I need it to update the weekly monthly totals based on the actual week and month - not last 7 days or last 30 days. How can i do this? Ultimately what it needs to do is go to the second page and grab all the info for the curren...