Deleting multiple rows through a formula

So does anyone know a formula that will allow me to delete multiple rows of
re-occuring data in a spreadsheet.
For example, I have a spreadsheet of 10,000 lines, with multiple mobile
numbers on it. I need to only have one of each mobile number and delete the
remaining rows where the mobile has been repeated?
0
mike_vr (1)

Mike
you may be able to use the advance filter  where can select unique records
only.
select data filter advanced filter select copy to another location then in
list range box enter range to filter in the copy to box enter a free column
select unique records only then ok
then just delete original column

Tina

"mike_vr" wrote:

> So does anyone know a formula that will allow me to delete multiple rows of
> re-occuring data in a spreadsheet.
> For example, I have a spreadsheet of 10,000 lines, with multiple mobile
> numbers on it. I need to only have one of each mobile number and delete the
> remaining rows where the mobile has been repeated?
0
Tina (84)

products expected to grow 1.56% create a formula
Sales of products in february are expected to grow by 1.56% over January sales, create a formula. Example : January 143 E=MC^2 Not original, but a nice formula none the less. Homework? Sounds like a homework question, best left for the student to solve? A clue, any value multiplied by 100% + an increased percentage will result in a value that represents the original value increased by the growth percentage. All formulas in Excel begin with the = symbol. Formulas may reference other cells and literal values. If this isn't a homework question - "Marquin" wrote: >...

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Pivot Table row comparison
I'm trying to compare an old customer schedule with their new schedule and highlight the changes with colour or by hiding a row. My pivot table looks like this Prod Sched wk1 wk2 wk3 A old 3 2 3 A new 3 4 3 B old 2 2 2 B new 2 2 2 So in the above example I'd like to colour the cells for wk2- Product A in yellow, and hide the product B rows as there has been no change in demand. Can someone give me some advice about how to do this Thanks for your help Ross How about an alternative??? Your raw data looks kind of like this: Prod Sched wk# qty...

Cannot delete subreport

Rule for Deleted Items

Clear cell from formula?

multiple schemas
Hi; How does it work when you have multiple schemas (all except 1 tied to a unique namespace I assume)? There can only be one root in the xml but each schema starts from a root element. Also, is there a good book or website that explains schemas in full? -- thanks - dave david_at_windward_dot_net http://www.windwardreports.com Cubicle Wars - http://www.windwardreports.com/film.htm Hello Dave As far as I know, <schema> element is the root element of every XML Schema. <xs:schema> <xs:element name="element1"> .... </xs:element> </xs:schema> ...

Access 2003 multiple if then statement help
Hello, I am having a problem constructing the proper clause for querying my database. I have multiple values used in computing daily averages of constituent data for measurements. An example of my table for my table [tbl_data] is shown below; Constit Value AdjConstitValue UseIterpolated DoNotUse S1 1300 1258 [x] [ ] S1 1352 [ ] [ ] S1 1564 [ ] [x] etc.. Using an if statement I put together a statement for the query to display the AdjConstitValue if UseInterpolated is checked and that works f...

How can I copy a formula where the referenced cells have an assoc.
I want to copy a formula where the cells have an associated range name but all I get is a repeat of the original formula. I want to have formulas where the cell references change as the formula is copied. That is the purpose of Named Ranges. They do not change. They are not relative. Say Namedrange is A1 =Namedrange * B1 will change to =Namedrange * B2 if copied down column C, but Namedrange will remain the value in A1. On another note.......if your cellsrefs like B1 are not changing to B2, B3 etc. perhaps you have Calculation on Manual mode. Check Tools>Options>Calculation. ...

Delete macros

Can't separate formula parameters with a comma
I have a very weird problem. For some reason I cannot call any functions that require more than one parameter, because office doesn't like the comma between the parameters. Even though a comma is what you must use between parameters. The tooltip also comes up with a space between parameters instead of a comma. The error message is: Microsoft Office Excel found an error in the formula you entered. I desparately need help with this. I have reset the user profile to the default settings using the profile wizard, and I have even tried reinstalling Office. Nothing has worked. Please help...

Locate a specific row or column
Hi all, Could you tell me how to locate a specific row instead of using Mouse to dray the scroll bar? Clara thank you so much for your help In VBA code, you can use: Range("D100").Activate ' Or Range("D1:D100").Select ' Depending on if you want only one cell highlighted or a range of cells. -- Best wishes, Jim "clara" wrote: > Hi all, > > Could you tell me how to locate a specific row instead of using Mouse to > dray the scroll bar? > > Clara > > thank you so much for your help Hi Clara Have you tried goto in the Ed...

opening multiple files #4
Excel will not open multiple files. You need to describe the scenario as Excel ordinarily will open multiple files. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

How to delete chart

Having trouble with extra rows at the bottom of the doc
How do I delete the extra rows at the bottom of a doc. I have inherited a document that has 60 rows of data and 3682 rows of empty cells that have the boarder set. When I select and delete them, new ones reappear. I have turned the cell boards off and it still creates empty cells with the boarder. Is there any way to delete these rows? -ken Ken, Are you selecting and then deleting and then saving? HTH, Andy Ken Excel has a habit of retaining "used" cells way beyond where you are currently working. On a worksheet hit CRTL + END to see where you wind up. If far below and...

Delete blank Last page

Deleting an email

Use a cell value as part of a formula
Hi All, I'm trying to use a cell value as part of a vlookup function. The idea is to keep changing the lookup query based on a the contents of a specific cell This is the forumla I'm currently using VLOOKUP($A2,'C:\Matrix0203\07-Feb03\[025-MainPub-ET-1801.XLS]Sheet1'!$A$1:$M$200,2,FALSE) I need a way to replace "025-MainPub-ET-1801.XLS" in the formula based on another cell, where this will be generated (or manually entered). Right now I'm doing a select all, find and replace to achieve this. Any help will be appreciated... Chirag Hi Chirag, You could use ...