deleting info within a cell

I would like to delete ' and an s in a set of numbers within a cell how do
you efficently do this through out a data set.  (example 344'6s = 3446 in
cell only)
--
jkc

Find ' and replace with blank, then again with the s

jkc wrote:

> I would like to delete ' and an s in a set of numbers within a cell how do
> you efficently do this through out a data set.  (example 344'6s = 3446 in
> cell only)

0
Bob
2/9/2010 4:13:03 PM
Hi,
do you always have ' and s in your data if yes highlight the data, press
CTRL H
find what enter ', then in replace with don't enter anything and click on
the replace all button, do the same with the s

"jkc" wrote:

> I would like to delete ' and an s in a set of numbers within a cell how do
> you efficently do this through out a data set.  (example 344'6s = 3446 in
> cell only)
> --
> jkc

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Public folder Calendar info in GAL??
I have calendars setup in public folders. I would like to have those calendars be listed in the GAL so people can just invite them as resources when creating meetings. How do I go about this? I cannot seem to find an easy way. Thanks in advance, -Bigfoot moe.ron Mail enable the public folder. Glen <bigfootmoeron@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1105023119.340227.113660@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I have calendars setup in public folders. > I would like to have those calendars be listed in the GAL so people can > just invite them as resources when creating meetings. &...

Using Popups to select a range of cells.
Hi All I have a small request for help with code. I need a macro to have popups request the first and last cells in a range , and then to select them. Can someone help? Sub test() Dim Rng As Range On Error Resume Next Set Rng = Application.InputBox("Select your range", _ "Mousework", Type:=8) On Error GoTo 0 If Rng Is Nothing Then Exit Sub MsgBox Rng.Address End Sub HTH. Best wishes Harald "Colin Hayes" <Colin@chayes.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:8mYkILA1YlvLFw7Z@chayes.demon.co.uk... > > Hi All > >...

Cannot delete subreport

Changing the font style, fore colour and back colour of an individual cell in a VB6 listview
Hi All Again, another I've always left rather than sorting is the ability to style (bold, underline, italic), colour the text and colour the background of the text in a vb6 listview CELL. Are any of these permitations possible? Am I better using an MS Flexgrid and hidden textbox (for the edit bit)? Thank you. "Mojo" <please@dont.spam.com> wrote in message news:e%23LFCQ5RLHA.3792@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi All > > Again, another I've always left rather than sorting is the ability to > style > (bold, underline, italic), colo...

Rule for Deleted Items

keying in data in cell
I have a form that has several lines. I want to know without looking at the form when the data will not show on the line. I do not want to wrap the text, but to go to the next row to continue to put in the data. Is there an easy way to do this. Any help will be appreciated. thank you mac ...

Clear cell from formula?

Adding a comment to a cell.
I have tried adding a comment to a cell, but it does not appear with th little red triangle in the top right corner of the cell commented. The comment is attached, but at first glance there is no such clue tha there is a comment attached. I know the comment is attached because when i click onto the cell commented and right click, it allows me to either edit or delete th comment.. I need the little red triangle to appear when commenting a cell (whe clicked away from the live cell, it seems to dissapear) - view scree shot Attachment filename: comments.jpg Down...

Delete macros

merge cells
how can i merge the info on a large spread sheet quickly without having to do this one cell at a time. I have info in cells A1 thru HH1,A3-HH3,A5-HH5 and so on I need this info to be merged with the cell directly below it In other words I need cell A1 to be merged with A2,B1 with B2....A3 with A4,A5 with A6 ....HH5 with HH6 with our losing the info in the cells, whats the simpliest and fastest way to do this with out having to click on cell, hold shift key, down arrow, merge cell button, right arrow, hold shift key,down arrow key, merge button or format painter on completed a merged...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

How do I set up an incoming hyperlink to a page within a frame?

How to delete chart

getting info from 2nd spreedsheet
H First I'm new to Excell. What I want to do is retreive info from a 2nd worksheet. I have the first which is a list of part numbers and Qty's (my inventory) and a 2nd from the manufacture which has prices, descriptions etc. I would like to look at a PN on worksheet 1 and look it up on worksheet 2, find the price, and enter it in a colume (cell) on worksheet 1. -- rbell Posted via http://ms-os.com Forum to Usenet gateway It sounds like =vlookup() or =index(match()) would be a good choice (depending on how your data is laid out). Visit Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.co...

Delete blank Last page

Deleting an email

Use a cell value as part of a formula
Hi All, I'm trying to use a cell value as part of a vlookup function. The idea is to keep changing the lookup query based on a the contents of a specific cell This is the forumla I'm currently using VLOOKUP($A2,'C:\Matrix0203\07-Feb03\[025-MainPub-ET-1801.XLS]Sheet1'!$A$1:$M$200,2,FALSE) I need a way to replace "025-MainPub-ET-1801.XLS" in the formula based on another cell, where this will be generated (or manually entered). Right now I'm doing a select all, find and replace to achieve this. Any help will be appreciated... Chirag Hi Chirag, You could use ...

How do i keep the first column of info on my screen?
I have a spreadsheey showing names in column A and then info in columns B onwards. When I scroll I need to see Column A so that I can link the info to the names - how do I get this one column to remain on the screen no matter how far I scroll across? Select B1 and Window>Freeze Panes. If you also want row1 to remain visible select B2 and Window>Freeze Panes. The rule is.......rows above and columns left of the selected cell will be frozen. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 11:47:13 -0800, TIQ <TIQ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a spreadsheey showing...