Delete values in sheet 2 that arre found in sheet 1

Is there an easy way to delete values in sheet 2 that match the value from
sheet 1. I have approximately 10000 rows in sheet 1 and some identical rows
on sheet 2 that need to be eliminated?  I not sure if this has to be done
pragmatically or if there is some feature in excel 2007 that can handle this
type of request.

thanks
Nick

If it is the values in a single column on each sheet that make up the
duplication, it's fairly easy.  Lets say you want to compare the contents of
column A on each sheet to find duplicates on Sheet2 (that are also on
Sheet1).  Your data starts on row 2 of both sheets, and on Sheet1 you have
the 10000 rows to examine (A2:A10001).

In an available column on row 2 on Sheet2 put a formula like this:
=IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!A$2:A$10001,A2)>0,1,0)
fill the formula down for the entire length of entries on Sheet2 you want to
examine.  It will put a 1 on each row that has a value in A that matches a
value on Sheet1.  You can then filter the list to show only entries with 1 in
that column and delete them.

"np" wrote:

> Is there an easy way to delete values in sheet 2 that match the value from
> sheet 1. I have approximately 10000 rows in sheet 1 and some identical rows
> on sheet 2 that need to be eliminated?  I not sure if this has to be done
> pragmatically or if there is some feature in excel 2007 that can handle this
> type of request.
>
> thanks
> Nick

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Cannot delete subreport

How to open Excel sheet with more than 64000 lines
I am using Office 2002, and have received Excel files with greater than 64000 line items. Is there a way , or an update, with Excel 2002 to open files this large? You need to upgrade to Excel 2007. "mgoehring" wrote: > I am using Office 2002, and have received Excel files with greater than 64000 > line items. Is there a way , or an update, with Excel 2002 to open files this > large? Yes, but not more than 65536. For that you would need Excel 2007. -- David Biddulph "mgoehring" <mgoehring@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Age calculation #2
Hi, I'm looking for a formula to give a better response on age calculation. I have a list of computers with the data they were purchased on. I want to know how old they are. Here is what I have so far: G1 contains =today() to give current date F14 is the purchase date of the first computer in the list G14 is this formula, which tells me how many months old the computer is: =($G$1-F14)/30 The problem is that it tells me that the computer is 90 months old, which is correct, but I want to see that its 7.5 years old. Dividing that by 12 gives the answer, but there are newer computer...

1.2 Integration Release
Microsoft, when is 1.2 Integration going to release? All I hear is "soon", but "soon" is now turned into months. -- Brandon IT Director Presentations Direct - Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com I have NO real information, but if I had to guess it would be announced just prior to or during Convergence (3/21- 24). >-----Original Message----- >Microsoft, when is 1.2 Integration going to release? All I hear is "soon", >but "soon" is now turned into months. > >-- >Brandon >IT Director >Present...

Rule for Deleted Items

Reply #2
Hi, I have tried this but it still tries to save as the default which in this case is No, when I need it to save as Yes Many thanks anyway John PS I think by putting your suggestion in, it just hides the alerts, but still keeps to the defaults. JohnUK wrote: > Hi, I have tried this but it still tries to save as the > default which in this case is No, when I need it to save > as Yes > Many thanks anyway > John > PS I think by putting your suggestion in, it just hides > the alerts, but still keeps to the defaults. If indeed you even see this, PLEASE do NOT change the su...

Time Card Report #2
Does anyone know if there is a more user friendly template for Time Card report ? We pay employees every 2 weeks and whenever I run a 2 week report, it only shows one date and below this date it sums up 2 dates of cumulative time worked instead of showing the isolated 2 dates. In other words, under a Monday 5/1, it will show 15 hours which actually means that the person worked cumulatively 15 hours on Monday 5/1 AND Monday 5/8... but Time Card report doesn't show the 5/8 separately which is quite confusing and invonvenient. Any help would be highly appreciated! Here is an addit...

Referring to Names #2
Hi Frank I'm looking for something that's easy to copy across. Say column A contains an alpha and columns B to X contain variou numerical values with range created names of Bdata to Xdata. I'm wondering if there is any way of writing the formul Sumif(Alpha,A,Bdata) by referring Bdata to a cell reference instead o using the term "Bdata" itself, so that I can change the cell and brin up the relevant result. Hope this makes sense Timmy Ma -- Timmy Mac ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Timmy Mac1's Profile: http://www.excelfo...

Create Property sheet via menu command with .NET 2005 MFC SDI
Hi, I have spent a lot of time already, but I haven't found solution yet. My program is as follows: 1. I use .NET 2005 MFC, SDI, with CFormView base class to create my program. 2. Under File tab, I made Setting command. I want to press Setting, and bring up a property sheet. Each page will have radio button, edit box, combo box. When property sheet close, I want to transfer the value back to my view object. 3. I have "Programming with microsoft Visual C++ .NET" by George Shepherd with David Kruglinski. There is a good reference program Ex12a and Ex12b. But I lost companion ...

File conversion #2
I have been using Excel for Mac. I have now reverted to Windows and although I'm able to work and save the file I'm prompted with a 'File conversion in Progress'. How can I stop this message and still use the file? TIA - Dave "Dasco" <cadasco@SUPERhotmail.com> wrote in message news:6dotv5F3m1sbU1@mid.individual.net... >I have been using Excel for Mac. I have now reverted to Windows and >although I'm able to work and save the file I'm prompted with a 'File >conversion in Progress'. How can I stop this message and still use the ...

matching identical values.
I am using the following formula to return values when a cell is equal to that on a worksheet. First of all i use the countIF scenario to count all the items that are identical. Then an address to work out the position and finally match to find the relevant data which is on the same line. my problem is that when it finds the first set of data it returns this and the following number of rows that match the count instead of the first set of data, the second set and so on. can anyone help please? (worksheet2 formula used to match data from worksheet 1.) =COUNTIF(worksheet1!B:B,A1) 1st line...

Unable To Read Certain fields in Linked Excel Sheet to Access
I am using Acc 2003, but Acc 2007 should work the same (I think). I have linked an excel spreadsheet into my Access database. Almost all of the fields are available and can be read. There are a few fields that I can see in Access, but its in Excel. These fields were using a VLookUp function in excel to get the value from another excel worksheet. Also the linked excel sheet has fields that I believe should be text (in Access), but its was set to be a number. I am unable to change this. Is there a way to resolve this issue for me ??? I also assume that if I was to rea...

notification code 4.3.1
I have not been able to find any information on how solve this error on my exchange. It makes reference to a possible out of memory error? the context of this would be helpful...? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Randy Johnson" <rjohnson@hamiltonbrewart.com> wrote in message news:#$xKPrytGHA.4252@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I have not been able to find any information on how solve this error on my > exchange. It makes reference to a possible out of memory error? > > Sorry for the lack of info. When I ran "Exchange Troubleshooting Tool" this is one of t...

Follow Up Flag #2
When I set a follow up flag in Outlook 2000 it inserts a default time of 18:00. Is there a way to alter this default or do I have to change the time manually for every flag I set? ...

Conditional Formating #2
Good morning to everyone. Does anyone know if Conditional Formating have an issue in the charts? i have make text boxes which bring values from another sheet and i want to show the figures inside as green when i have an improve or red if i have damage. Any suggestions? Ps I am using EXCEL XP edition Regards Bill Jon Peltier has instructions for conditional charts: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart You could change the formula, to calculate if an amount is greater or less than the previous amount. Bill wrote: > Good morning to everyone. > >...

Delete macros

"You have 1 request" doesn't go away
Hello ! Running WLM 2009, on XP Pro SP3. I had 1 request from an unknown person, so I refused, blocked the contact and deleted it from my list. But everytime I connect, the little yellow window saying "You have 1 request" (or something similar, I am translating from Italian) appears; when I click, I open my space, but there I find non request or invitation. Then all runs OK. I cleared messenger cache and history, and reset preferences, but the yellow window appears everytime. How can I get rid of it definitively ? Thanks in advance, Enrico (chicchio) Greetings, It...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

Transfer of data #2
I have a database of information in excel and need a formula for compiling totals and transferring it to the main worksheet page. Basically it is a payment tracker - I put in todays date, account number, payment amount, etc and hit submit - it then sends this info onto the next worksheet page (the database). On the main page I have weekly, and monthly totals. I need it to update the weekly monthly totals based on the actual week and month - not last 7 days or last 30 days. How can i do this? Ultimately what it needs to do is go to the second page and grab all the info for the curren...

Microsoft Dynamics RMS Live Chat scheduled for May 7 #2
On Thursday, May 7th, 2009, the Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) team will host a Live Chat from 10 a.m. until 11 a.m. PT. In this chat, our experts will take questions on Service Pack 3 for Microsoft Dynamics RMS. If we get a high volume of questions during the chat, our experts might not be able to respond to all of them within time allowed. In that event, our experts will respond after the chat ends, to the extent possible, and their answers will be included in the transcript for the chat. The transcript will be posted to the Using Microsoft Dynamics RMS site appro...