delete values in several cells without deleting the formulas

I wanted to clear the values in a spreadsheet without deleting the formulas
or formatting in the spreadsheet. For example: A budget sheet made for every
year, the formulas and formatting remains the same, only the values change.
I tried paste special formulas....in this case, if values are present, they
get copied too.
0
dranreb (1)

Hi
you can't delete the 'values' from a formula. The formula will always
calculate its result

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"dranreb" <dranreb@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I wanted to clear the values in a spreadsheet without deleting the
formulas
> or formatting in the spreadsheet. For example: A budget sheet made
for every
> year, the formulas and formatting remains the same, only the values
change.
> I tried paste special formulas....in this case, if values are
present, they
> get copied too.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
12/8/2004 9:27:10 PM
Hi dranreb

Make a copy of the worksheet
F5>Special
Constants
OK
Delete the selection now

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"dranreb" <dranreb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:43255A99-86BA-45A5-BB09-FCAEC002A09A@microsoft.com...
>I wanted to clear the values in a spreadsheet without deleting the formulas
> or formatting in the spreadsheet. For example: A budget sheet made for every
> year, the formulas and formatting remains the same, only the values change.
> I tried paste special formulas....in this case, if values are present, they
> get copied too.

0
rondebruin (3789)
12/8/2004 9:30:46 PM
You can also delete the values via code if needed:

Sub DeleteNumbers()
    On Error Resume Next
    Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, xlNumbers).ClearContents
End Sub

Be careful with this.  Since dates are stored as numbers, it will delete
them too.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

> Hi dranreb
>
> Make a copy of the worksheet
> F5>Special
> Constants
> OK
> Delete the selection now
>
> --
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> http://www.rondebruin.nl
>

> "dranreb" <dranreb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:43255A99-86BA-45A5-BB09-FCAEC002A09A@microsoft.com...
> >I wanted to clear the values in a spreadsheet without deleting the formulas
> > or formatting in the spreadsheet. For example: A budget sheet made for every
> > year, the formulas and formatting remains the same, only the values change.
> > I tried paste special formulas....in this case, if values are present, they
> > get copied too.

If you're careful with your selection, you can clear the constants.

But make sure you avoid (don't select) headers/descriptions/instructions that
you want to keep.

You can select a range, ctrl-click select another range, etc to avoid the
constants that should be kept.

--

Dave Peterson
0

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Using Popups to select a range of cells.
Hi All I have a small request for help with code. I need a macro to have popups request the first and last cells in a range , and then to select them. Can someone help? Sub test() Dim Rng As Range On Error Resume Next Set Rng = Application.InputBox("Select your range", _ "Mousework", Type:=8) On Error GoTo 0 If Rng Is Nothing Then Exit Sub MsgBox Rng.Address End Sub HTH. Best wishes Harald "Colin Hayes" <Colin@chayes.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:8mYkILA1YlvLFw7Z@chayes.demon.co.uk... > > Hi All > >...

Cannot delete subreport

Changing the font style, fore colour and back colour of an individual cell in a VB6 listview
Hi All Again, another I've always left rather than sorting is the ability to style (bold, underline, italic), colour the text and colour the background of the text in a vb6 listview CELL. Are any of these permitations possible? Am I better using an MS Flexgrid and hidden textbox (for the edit bit)? Thank you. "Mojo" <please@dont.spam.com> wrote in message news:e%23LFCQ5RLHA.3792@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi All > > Again, another I've always left rather than sorting is the ability to > style > (bold, underline, italic), colo...

Rule for Deleted Items

keying in data in cell
I have a form that has several lines. I want to know without looking at the form when the data will not show on the line. I do not want to wrap the text, but to go to the next row to continue to put in the data. Is there an easy way to do this. Any help will be appreciated. thank you mac ...

matching identical values.
I am using the following formula to return values when a cell is equal to that on a worksheet. First of all i use the countIF scenario to count all the items that are identical. Then an address to work out the position and finally match to find the relevant data which is on the same line. my problem is that when it finds the first set of data it returns this and the following number of rows that match the count instead of the first set of data, the second set and so on. can anyone help please? (worksheet2 formula used to match data from worksheet 1.) =COUNTIF(worksheet1!B:B,A1) 1st line...

Adding a comment to a cell.
I have tried adding a comment to a cell, but it does not appear with th little red triangle in the top right corner of the cell commented. The comment is attached, but at first glance there is no such clue tha there is a comment attached. I know the comment is attached because when i click onto the cell commented and right click, it allows me to either edit or delete th comment.. I need the little red triangle to appear when commenting a cell (whe clicked away from the live cell, it seems to dissapear) - view scree shot Attachment filename: comments.jpg Down...

merge cells
how can i merge the info on a large spread sheet quickly without having to do this one cell at a time. I have info in cells A1 thru HH1,A3-HH3,A5-HH5 and so on I need this info to be merged with the cell directly below it In other words I need cell A1 to be merged with A2,B1 with B2....A3 with A4,A5 with A6 ....HH5 with HH6 with our losing the info in the cells, whats the simpliest and fastest way to do this with out having to click on cell, hold shift key, down arrow, merge cell button, right arrow, hold shift key,down arrow key, merge button or format painter on completed a merged...

Delete macros

Can't separate formula parameters with a comma
I have a very weird problem. For some reason I cannot call any functions that require more than one parameter, because office doesn't like the comma between the parameters. Even though a comma is what you must use between parameters. The tooltip also comes up with a space between parameters instead of a comma. The error message is: Microsoft Office Excel found an error in the formula you entered. I desparately need help with this. I have reset the user profile to the default settings using the profile wizard, and I have even tried reinstalling Office. Nothing has worked. Please help...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

How to delete chart

Delete blank Last page

SelectSingleNode returning undefined value:imsmanifest.xml
I tried so many ways to select the node but its not working, please help. I want to research by the identifier in imsmanifest.xml file, the node could be item or resource. XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument(); try { string node = Request.QueryString["node"]; //getting nodeid from query string doc.Load(Session["xmlFile"].ToString()); //load xml file from session variable //Create an XmlNamespaceManager for resolving namespaces. XmlNamespaceManager nsmgr = new XmlNamespaceManager(doc.NameTable); //there are two namespaces not sure i...

Deleting an email

Use a cell value as part of a formula
Hi All, I'm trying to use a cell value as part of a vlookup function. The idea is to keep changing the lookup query based on a the contents of a specific cell This is the forumla I'm currently using VLOOKUP($A2,'C:\Matrix0203\07-Feb03\[025-MainPub-ET-1801.XLS]Sheet1'!$A$1:$M$200,2,FALSE) I need a way to replace "025-MainPub-ET-1801.XLS" in the formula based on another cell, where this will be generated (or manually entered). Right now I'm doing a select all, find and replace to achieve this. Any help will be appreciated... Chirag Hi Chirag, You could use ...

Conditionally count unique values
Hi All....... I have 23 rows in column AU that contains the string "Receipt Traveler Put Away" And, for those 23 rows, I have 22 unique TEXT strings in column K and one duplicate. I'm trying to count the unique TEXT strings in column K that have "Receipt Traveler Put Away" in column AU.....answer would be 22 Using the following formula, I get 17.45111111......anybody see what's wrong?.......or another way? =SUMPRODUCT((K2:K1595<>"")/COUNTIF(K2:K1595,K2:K1595&"")*(AU2:AU1595="Receipt Traveler Put Away")) ...

Format Cells Dialog Box has disapeared
My Format Cells Dialog Box has disapeared from my toolbar. This is the box where you can retype cell contents or see formulas, etc. have a look at tools, options, show and see if formula bar is checked -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 97 & 2000 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:fe3701c43ea1$1d6ebd70$a001280a@phx.gbl... > My Format Cells D...