Delete - Shift Cells UP problem

Hi

I setup a toolbar icon to automate the delete-shift cells up function but
sometimes it shifts cells up and other times it shifts them to the left, how
can i have it just do shift UP?

thanks
0
Ralph6683 (34)

Ralph

Selection.Delete Shift:=xlUp

should always move the cells up.

Regards

Trevor

"Ralph" <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I setup a toolbar icon to automate the delete-shift cells up function but
> sometimes it shifts cells up and other times it shifts them to the left,
> how
> can i have it just do shift UP?
>
> thanks

0
Trevor9259 (673)
3/22/2005 10:02:22 PM
Trevor, thanks, but you're a bit over my head, maybe I should explain better:
I setup a toolbar icon by going "view:toolbars:customize" and chose the one
that is for deleting cells...but it is inconsistent

"Trevor Shuttleworth" wrote:

> Ralph
>
> Selection.Delete Shift:=xlUp
>
> should always move the cells up.
>
> Regards
>
> Trevor
>

> "Ralph" <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > I setup a toolbar icon to automate the delete-shift cells up function but
> > sometimes it shifts cells up and other times it shifts them to the left,
> > how
> > can i have it just do shift UP?
> >
> > thanks

0
Ralph6683 (34)
3/22/2005 11:03:02 PM
Ralph

ahhhh, sorry.  Excel tries to be helpful ... as ever.

What I'm not sure about are the "rules" that it applies.  If there is data
in the cells that you have selected * I think * it does the following:

if you have several cells in a row selected, it assumes you want to move the
cells below up.

if you have several cells in a column selected, it assumes you want to move
the cells below left.

if you are deleting cells in a "blank" area it seems to default to "up"

and if you are deleting a single cell in the midst of other data it assumes
"up"

It's probably very logical when you see the pattern

> Trevor, thanks, but you're a bit over my head, maybe I should explain
> better:
> I setup a toolbar icon by going "view:toolbars:customize" and chose the
> one
> that is for deleting cells...but it is inconsistent
>
> "Trevor Shuttleworth" wrote:
>
>> Ralph
>>
>> Selection.Delete Shift:=xlUp
>>
>> should always move the cells up.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Trevor
>>

>> "Ralph" <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > I setup a toolbar icon to automate the delete-shift cells up function
>> > but
>> > sometimes it shifts cells up and other times it shifts them to the
>> > left,
>> > how
>> > can i have it just do shift UP?
>> >
>> > thanks

0
Trevor9259 (673)

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Using Popups to select a range of cells.
Hi All I have a small request for help with code. I need a macro to have popups request the first and last cells in a range , and then to select them. Can someone help? Sub test() Dim Rng As Range On Error Resume Next Set Rng = Application.InputBox("Select your range", _ "Mousework", Type:=8) On Error GoTo 0 If Rng Is Nothing Then Exit Sub MsgBox Rng.Address End Sub HTH. Best wishes Harald "Colin Hayes" <Colin@chayes.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:8mYkILA1YlvLFw7Z@chayes.demon.co.uk... > > Hi All > >...

Cannot delete subreport

Changing the font style, fore colour and back colour of an individual cell in a VB6 listview
Hi All Again, another I've always left rather than sorting is the ability to style (bold, underline, italic), colour the text and colour the background of the text in a vb6 listview CELL. Are any of these permitations possible? Am I better using an MS Flexgrid and hidden textbox (for the edit bit)? Thank you. "Mojo" <please@dont.spam.com> wrote in message news:e%23LFCQ5RLHA.3792@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi All > > Again, another I've always left rather than sorting is the ability to > style > (bold, underline, italic), colo...

problem with outlook 2003
Hello all. im having a strange problem with outlook 2003. almost everytime i send email, or forwared them to people in my contacts list they get the mail empty. either the subject of the email is gone from the mail, and then when people try to open this email the computer gets stuck (it happend in different pcs with different versions of office on them from 2000 up to office 2003). the other problem is when the email reaches the people im mailing them (and the subject is not removed from it), then the email is recieved empty. all my attachments are gone from the email. its dosent matter...

keying in data in cell
I have a form that has several lines. I want to know without looking at the form when the data will not show on the line. I do not want to wrap the text, but to go to the next row to continue to put in the data. Is there an easy way to do this. Any help will be appreciated. thank you mac ...

Rule for Deleted Items

Clear cell from formula?

Adding a comment to a cell.
I have tried adding a comment to a cell, but it does not appear with th little red triangle in the top right corner of the cell commented. The comment is attached, but at first glance there is no such clue tha there is a comment attached. I know the comment is attached because when i click onto the cell commented and right click, it allows me to either edit or delete th comment.. I need the little red triangle to appear when commenting a cell (whe clicked away from the live cell, it seems to dissapear) - view scree shot Attachment filename: comments.jpg Down...

Refreshing fields in table cells.
Situation is as follows ... A document header contains a text box. This text box contains a table. The table has a field in each cell (20 fields in total). How do I select all these fields in VBA to refresh their values? The text box (and the table therein) are in a building block that is placed in the header using a macro. I know the cells can refresh because I see the refreshed values if I do a print preview, but I want to see them while looking at page Layout just after I have defined new field values. Field values are applied via a user form and it also here after pressing...

How can I copy a formula where the referenced cells have an assoc.
I want to copy a formula where the cells have an associated range name but all I get is a repeat of the original formula. I want to have formulas where the cell references change as the formula is copied. That is the purpose of Named Ranges. They do not change. They are not relative. Say Namedrange is A1 =Namedrange * B1 will change to =Namedrange * B2 if copied down column C, but Namedrange will remain the value in A1. On another note.......if your cellsrefs like B1 are not changing to B2, B3 etc. perhaps you have Calculation on Manual mode. Check Tools>Options>Calculation. ...

birthday reminders problem
outlook 97: my reminders are not working when i try to access them by clicking their icons in the contacts folder i get the nysterious message "Outlook could not start because a location to send or receive mail could not be found" this is doubly weird because i do not use outlook to send or receive mail (i use outlook express) and sending/receiving mail is not what i am trying to do anyway another problem - i suspect it is related - my tasks do not appear in my calendar any more. All this began after I archived my calendar. I have tried re-installing outlook but it made...

Adding note numbers to cells
I would like to be able to add printable cross-references to individual cells in Excel for Office 97 (or later). The references should appear as small text, such as a superscript in the corner of the cell. I can achieve an effect close to what I desire, by adding a "Comment" to a cell. The Comment would be just the cross-reference, and would be resized small as desired. But even if I set comments to "Show", they only appear on the screen but I want the effect to be printable. Help?? Thanks very much -- Return email address is not as DEEP as it appears Oh God, forg...

GP 9 BR, problem setting up named printer
Perhaps I'm not doing something correctly...what I want to do is allow the users to select whatever printer they want. Some of them use local printers for checks, but I need to allow them to print reports to one or more of the network copier/printers. It appears I have to set a printer for System and Company before I can set anything else to Manual. If I do this for anyone who isn't an administrator, when they attempt to log in to GP (even on my PC as well as theirs, on which I tested a users' login), they receive "You don't have security privileges to open this w...

Delete macros

merge cells
how can i merge the info on a large spread sheet quickly without having to do this one cell at a time. I have info in cells A1 thru HH1,A3-HH3,A5-HH5 and so on I need this info to be merged with the cell directly below it In other words I need cell A1 to be merged with A2,B1 with B2....A3 with A4,A5 with A6 ....HH5 with HH6 with our losing the info in the cells, whats the simpliest and fastest way to do this with out having to click on cell, hold shift key, down arrow, merge cell button, right arrow, hold shift key,down arrow key, merge button or format painter on completed a merged...

Problem with growing textbox
Hi, I have a report with a repeating detail section, containing a text field (which can grow), plus three more text fields, which cannot grow. These fields are horizontally aligned. This detail must have a border, plus vertical dividing lines between the fields. My problem is that I cannot find a way to produce vertical dividing lines which will grow to the same height as the expanding text box. I have tried using the format event of the Detail section to adjust the height of the non-growing text boxes and to adjust the height of the vertical dividing lines. But no luck! Am I barki...

Creating new Public Folder Tree problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C56225.615D1790 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi I am trying to create a new Public Tree using the ESM. When I right click on Folders and select New Public Folder Tree, I get = the dialog box but it only has the "General" and the "Details" tabs.- = not the replication or Limits tabs. When teh tree is created, if I look at its properties, there is no = Public Store associated with it, and I cannot create any folders under = it....

Problem with popup form on a single record
I have a record that has a form for a user to enter information into. If the user needs to add additional information, a popup screen (popup and modal) comes up for them to add additional information. Both forms service one record. Occasionally, and I can't seem to define it exactly, I get an error message saying that another user (I'm the only user) is trying to update the record and I have three choices: Save the information, write it to the clipboard or dump the information. The last time I saved it, I corrupted the entire database and had to start all over again. The...

Notification Problem
I'm not receiving any notifications for replies to my posts, nor for threads that I've marked. My profile email address is current. Currently, I'm logging on, visiting my profile and examining the list of notifications at the bottom of the screen. -- Richard Using Office 2003 & Win2kpro Search the web and raise money for charity at www.everyclick.com RichUE wrote: > I'm not receiving any notifications for replies to my posts, nor for threads > that I've marked. My profile email address is current. Currently, I'm logging > on, visiting ...

Problems in Client/Server Implementation of an MFC application
Dear All, I am doing a project , which is an MFC application (MDI) .. Now its a standalone application with MS Access as the "Back end". I have used ADO to made the connection. Now I want to make this application to work for several clients at the same time . I also want this application to communicate with 3 different types of Database . 1) MySQL 2) MS SQL Server 3) Oracle My application should connect with any of the above DB , without making any problem.. Can I make a general implementation by using ADO ? What ...