Delete Rows #4

Hello,

I want to delete all rows that contain data in a set column.

for example:

name age height
john...15....6'2
kevin...67...5'4
66...5'8

so i would want to delete all rows that have  a name leaving the dat
below:

name.....age...height
..............66.....5'8

i need to do this as a macro

Hi

Select the cells in column A
F5
Special
Constants (with only text checked)
Ok

Edit>Delete..Choose Entire row

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"kkondrat1 >" <<kkondrat1.15p7c3@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kkondrat1.15p7c3@excelforum-nospam.com...
> Hello,
>
> I want to delete all rows that contain data in a set column.
>
> for example:
>
> name age height
> john...15....6'2
> kevin...67...5'4
> 66...5'8
>
> so i would want to delete all rows that have  a name leaving the data
> below:
>
> name.....age...height
> .............66.....5'8
>
> i need to do this as a macro.
>

> ---

rondebruin (3789)
5/3/2004 9:16:40 PM
that doesn't work.......

I need to delete all the rows that contain data

Hi

> name age height
> john...15....6'2
> kevin...67...5'4
> 66...5'8

I thought 66 is also in Column A
Do the same and check constants and don't uncheck the three items

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"kkondrat1 >" <<kkondrat1.15p8ot@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kkondrat1.15p8ot@excelforum-nospam.com...
> that doesn't work.......
>
> I need to delete all the rows that contain data.
>

> ---

rondebruin (3789)

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Pivot Table row comparison
I'm trying to compare an old customer schedule with their new schedule and highlight the changes with colour or by hiding a row. My pivot table looks like this Prod Sched wk1 wk2 wk3 A old 3 2 3 A new 3 4 3 B old 2 2 2 B new 2 2 2 So in the above example I'd like to colour the cells for wk2- Product A in yellow, and hide the product B rows as there has been no change in demand. Can someone give me some advice about how to do this Thanks for your help Ross How about an alternative??? Your raw data looks kind of like this: Prod Sched wk# qty...

Cannot delete subreport

Rule for Deleted Items

I need to show the last number in a rows in the total pending row
I have a column where I list pending cases each month and I need to show the last number in the total pending cell at the bottom of the row. I can use an offset fomula which works if the pending cases begin in row 1. However, I am not able to get it to work if the pending cases begin in rows 4 or 5 as an example. Any suggestion? Rows don't have a bottom.............guess you meant Column. Last number in column A =LOOKUP(99^99,A:A) Last anything in column A =LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A65535<>""),A1:A65535) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 16:30:08 -0800, Jen S ...

number of rows #2
I used autoformat so that my rows would alternate colors. But, it added a bunch of empty rows so that the sheet is maxed out and my file is huge. I don't need all those empty rows and I can't find a way to delete them. Any suggestions for how to get rid of the rows, or limit the number of rows on a worksheet? I know I could copy all the data to a new worksheet, but I'd like a better solution. Try this: click on the number of the first empty row, so the whole row is selected. Using the vertical scrollbar, go to the last row on the sheet. Hold down the shift key while you cli...

outlook folders #4
I recently upgraded to outlook 2002 from 2000. I had a non standard folder underneath the Outlook Today tree with all my saved emails. After the upgrade it was missing. Can anyone help me find the folder? did you create a new pst to use? if so, search your drive for the old one. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "dave in trouble" <anonymous@discussions.mi...

notification code 4.3.1
I have not been able to find any information on how solve this error on my exchange. It makes reference to a possible out of memory error? the context of this would be helpful...? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Randy Johnson" <rjohnson@hamiltonbrewart.com> wrote in message news:#$xKPrytGHA.4252@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I have not been able to find any information on how solve this error on my > exchange. It makes reference to a possible out of memory error? > > Sorry for the lack of info. When I ran "Exchange Troubleshooting Tool" this is one of t...

Delete macros

opening multiple files #4
Excel will not open multiple files. You need to describe the scenario as Excel ordinarily will open multiple files. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Locate a specific row or column
Hi all, Could you tell me how to locate a specific row instead of using Mouse to dray the scroll bar? Clara thank you so much for your help In VBA code, you can use: Range("D100").Activate ' Or Range("D1:D100").Select ' Depending on if you want only one cell highlighted or a range of cells. -- Best wishes, Jim "clara" wrote: > Hi all, > > Could you tell me how to locate a specific row instead of using Mouse to > dray the scroll bar? > > Clara > > thank you so much for your help Hi Clara Have you tried goto in the Ed...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

E-Mail #4
How do I enter an alternate e-mail address or name to show up as the "Sender" in an e-mail message? I'm creating an e-mail form for a client and want it to appear as if the e-mail is coming from them. It can be done but unless you are on the same Exchange server as the client, it's still going to look like it came from you. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011367671033.aspx (If you think about it, it needs to be difficult. Otherwise I could send spam out and use your email address. Not a good thing.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor ...

How to delete chart

Delete blank Last page

Having trouble with extra rows at the bottom of the doc
How do I delete the extra rows at the bottom of a doc. I have inherited a document that has 60 rows of data and 3682 rows of empty cells that have the boarder set. When I select and delete them, new ones reappear. I have turned the cell boards off and it still creates empty cells with the boarder. Is there any way to delete these rows? -ken Ken, Are you selecting and then deleting and then saving? HTH, Andy Ken Excel has a habit of retaining "used" cells way beyond where you are currently working. On a worksheet hit CRTL + END to see where you wind up. If far below and...

Deleting an email

comments #4
Hi I have the following sheetcode that shows the value of a1 in a comment in cell d8 Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Intersect(Target, Me.Range("a1:a4")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub ' If ActiveCell = a1.Value (ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("D8").Comment.Visible = True ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("D8").Comment.Text Text:=ActiveCell.Text ' End If ' If ActiveCell.Value = "0" Or ActiveCell.Value = "" Then ' ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").Range...

#Deleted