delete cell

Hi

I need a macro which upon finding "=-" in a cell in column clears tha
cell, not delete , clears that cell.
thank

Hi

Have you try Edit Replace in the Menu Bar

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"vikram >" <<vikram.178fog@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:vikram.178fog@excelforum-nospam.com...
> Hi
>
> I need a macro which upon finding "=-" in a cell in column clears that
> cell, not delete , clears that cell.
> thanks
>

> ---

rondebruin (3789)
6/2/2004 5:29:37 PM
vikram,

For Column A:

Sub MacroForVikram()
Dim myCell As Range

Set myCell = Range("A:A").Find(What:="=-", _
        LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
        LookAt:=xlPart)
While Not myCell Is Nothing
    myCell.ClearContents
    Set myCell = Range("A:A").FindNext
Wend
End Sub

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"vikram >" <<vikram.178fog@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I need a macro which upon finding "=-" in a cell in column clears that
> cell, not delete , clears that cell.
> thanks
>

> ---

Bernie

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Using Popups to select a range of cells.
Hi All I have a small request for help with code. I need a macro to have popups request the first and last cells in a range , and then to select them. Can someone help? Sub test() Dim Rng As Range On Error Resume Next Set Rng = Application.InputBox("Select your range", _ "Mousework", Type:=8) On Error GoTo 0 If Rng Is Nothing Then Exit Sub MsgBox Rng.Address End Sub HTH. Best wishes Harald "Colin Hayes" <Colin@chayes.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:8mYkILA1YlvLFw7Z@chayes.demon.co.uk... > > Hi All > >...

Cannot delete subreport

Changing the font style, fore colour and back colour of an individual cell in a VB6 listview
Hi All Again, another I've always left rather than sorting is the ability to style (bold, underline, italic), colour the text and colour the background of the text in a vb6 listview CELL. Are any of these permitations possible? Am I better using an MS Flexgrid and hidden textbox (for the edit bit)? Thank you. "Mojo" <please@dont.spam.com> wrote in message news:e%23LFCQ5RLHA.3792@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi All > > Again, another I've always left rather than sorting is the ability to > style > (bold, underline, italic), colo...

Rule for Deleted Items

keying in data in cell
I have a form that has several lines. I want to know without looking at the form when the data will not show on the line. I do not want to wrap the text, but to go to the next row to continue to put in the data. Is there an easy way to do this. Any help will be appreciated. thank you mac ...

Clear cell from formula?

Adding a comment to a cell.
I have tried adding a comment to a cell, but it does not appear with th little red triangle in the top right corner of the cell commented. The comment is attached, but at first glance there is no such clue tha there is a comment attached. I know the comment is attached because when i click onto the cell commented and right click, it allows me to either edit or delete th comment.. I need the little red triangle to appear when commenting a cell (whe clicked away from the live cell, it seems to dissapear) - view scree shot Attachment filename: comments.jpg Down...

How can I copy a formula where the referenced cells have an assoc.
I want to copy a formula where the cells have an associated range name but all I get is a repeat of the original formula. I want to have formulas where the cell references change as the formula is copied. That is the purpose of Named Ranges. They do not change. They are not relative. Say Namedrange is A1 =Namedrange * B1 will change to =Namedrange * B2 if copied down column C, but Namedrange will remain the value in A1. On another note.......if your cellsrefs like B1 are not changing to B2, B3 etc. perhaps you have Calculation on Manual mode. Check Tools>Options>Calculation. ...

Refreshing fields in table cells.
Situation is as follows ... A document header contains a text box. This text box contains a table. The table has a field in each cell (20 fields in total). How do I select all these fields in VBA to refresh their values? The text box (and the table therein) are in a building block that is placed in the header using a macro. I know the cells can refresh because I see the refreshed values if I do a print preview, but I want to see them while looking at page Layout just after I have defined new field values. Field values are applied via a user form and it also here after pressing...

Adding note numbers to cells
I would like to be able to add printable cross-references to individual cells in Excel for Office 97 (or later). The references should appear as small text, such as a superscript in the corner of the cell. I can achieve an effect close to what I desire, by adding a "Comment" to a cell. The Comment would be just the cross-reference, and would be resized small as desired. But even if I set comments to "Show", they only appear on the screen but I want the effect to be printable. Help?? Thanks very much -- Return email address is not as DEEP as it appears Oh God, forg...

Delete macros

merge cells
how can i merge the info on a large spread sheet quickly without having to do this one cell at a time. I have info in cells A1 thru HH1,A3-HH3,A5-HH5 and so on I need this info to be merged with the cell directly below it In other words I need cell A1 to be merged with A2,B1 with B2....A3 with A4,A5 with A6 ....HH5 with HH6 with our losing the info in the cells, whats the simpliest and fastest way to do this with out having to click on cell, hold shift key, down arrow, merge cell button, right arrow, hold shift key,down arrow key, merge button or format painter on completed a merged...

forcing user input into cells
howdy all... i'm new to doing stuff with excel have a bit of a background in javascript programming what i'm trying to do is force a user to enter something, anything int a specific cell if the user tries to tab past the cell and leave it blank, i want a error to come up, telling them that they have to enter something befor they can continue on with entry into other cells any help would be much appreciated -Thank -- georgi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- georgio's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=164...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

Cell Colors
Tom, How would I check to see if it was turned off? And if so, how would I turn it on? Thanks Bill Bill, The article says 1.. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Accessibility Options. 2.. Click the Display tab, and then click to clear the Use High Contrast check box. 3.. Click OK to close the Accessibility Options dialog box. so I guess you can check by going to that Display tab and see if the Use High Contrast checkbox is set. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) &q...

How to delete chart

Delete blank Last page

Deleting an email

Use a cell value as part of a formula
Hi All, I'm trying to use a cell value as part of a vlookup function. The idea is to keep changing the lookup query based on a the contents of a specific cell This is the forumla I'm currently using VLOOKUP($A2,'C:\Matrix0203\07-Feb03\[025-MainPub-ET-1801.XLS]Sheet1'!$A$1:$M$200,2,FALSE) I need a way to replace "025-MainPub-ET-1801.XLS" in the formula based on another cell, where this will be generated (or manually entered). Right now I'm doing a select all, find and replace to achieve this. Any help will be appreciated... Chirag Hi Chirag, You could use ...