Delete all data (formulas) below a desired row.

In Excel 2000, I somehow propagated a formulab to over 60,000 rows.  Is there
a shortcut to clear a large unwanted area?
0
JMSimms (1)

In the name box (above row 1 left of column A), type in the the range you
want to delete, assume you wanted 15 rows of formulas and want to delete row
16 row 65336, place cursor (mouse click) in the name box and type 16:65536
and press enter, then do edit>delete, press ctrl + home and save the workbook

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"JMSimms" wrote:

> In Excel 2000, I somehow propagated a formulab to over 60,000 rows.  Is there
> a shortcut to clear a large unwanted area?
0
PeoSjoblom (789)
5/16/2005 5:04:01 PM
Select the row below where you want the last row of data.

Then SHIFT + END + DownArrow.

Edit>Delete>Entire Row.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 16 May 2005 09:41:06 -0700, "JMSimms"
<JMSimms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>In Excel 2000, I somehow propagated a formulab to over 60,000 rows.  Is there
>a shortcut to clear a large unwanted area?

0
Gord

Pivot Table row comparison
I'm trying to compare an old customer schedule with their new schedule and highlight the changes with colour or by hiding a row. My pivot table looks like this Prod Sched wk1 wk2 wk3 A old 3 2 3 A new 3 4 3 B old 2 2 2 B new 2 2 2 So in the above example I'd like to colour the cells for wk2- Product A in yellow, and hide the product B rows as there has been no change in demand. Can someone give me some advice about how to do this Thanks for your help Ross How about an alternative??? Your raw data looks kind of like this: Prod Sched wk# qty...

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Cannot delete subreport

keying in data in cell
I have a form that has several lines. I want to know without looking at the form when the data will not show on the line. I do not want to wrap the text, but to go to the next row to continue to put in the data. Is there an easy way to do this. Any help will be appreciated. thank you mac ...

Rule for Deleted Items

What to do to improve this:Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server server_name.
Out2002, Exch2000SP3. Users at times complain that they are getting those pop up messages Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server server_name. I just want to confirm that if I install a global catalog on the site where users are getting this, that should improve the situation right ? Is the message below generated only when the Outlook client "takes too long" to retrieve data from the GC ? Something else that could cause that behavior ? On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:40:57 -0700, "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote: >Out2002, Exc...

Manipulating Pivot Table Data Fields
Hi all, Have a question regarding the Data Field in pivot tables. I have a number of rows that have repeating values. What I want in the Data Field (Sum) is a count of DISTINCT values in the column. ie: FR065817 \ FR065817 |----> counted as one FR065817 / FR066154 \___> counted as one FR066154 / FR066158 -----> counted as one FR066159 \___> counted as one FR066159 / However I need all the data in the table as I'm using other columns for different fields in the pivot table. Is there a way to do this? If I have to split the table somehow, I'm willing to do...

Question about Exch2k3 SP2 75gb data store limits
I am about to roll out Exchange 2003 SP2 in a fresh environment, and was curious about what the 75GB limits on the databases encompasses. Since Exchange 2003 Standard supports up to four databases, does this mean I can have four individual 75 GB databases running under Exchange 2003 Standard, or does it mean the total of all four databases can't exceed 75 GB, therefore requiring Exchange 2003 Enterprise? Not sure where you obtained that information from - Exchange Server 2003 Standard does not support 4 databases. You can have 2 - one Mailbox Store and one Public Folder Store. ht...

how can I export data by VBA and specify type of delimitor
I want to export data from excel by VBA and specify to use ',' as delimitor. but I can only export a file rename to .csv. but when I open it, it still a excel file, but not a text file. How can I do it? Million thanks. You could (temporarily???) change your windows list separator: Windows start button|Settings|control panel regional and language Settings Options applet. regional Options tab|customize button List separator near the bottom of the dialog. Or you could use a macro. You could borrow some code from one of these sites: Chip Pearson's: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/...

Default Data Form
I have a basic worksheet for which I like to use the default data entr form. In other words it benefits from using a form but is just no worth a lot of custom form making. However while I do have an auto_open macro that moves to the first ne row in the range after all existing records, and then ends o ShowDataForm. But the default form always opens on the first record i the list. Is there a simple way to make the default form open on the row of th active cell, , instead of at the top of the list ? Thanks. Doug Lon -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Maybe something li...

Delete macros

Can't separate formula parameters with a comma
I have a very weird problem. For some reason I cannot call any functions that require more than one parameter, because office doesn't like the comma between the parameters. Even though a comma is what you must use between parameters. The tooltip also comes up with a space between parameters instead of a comma. The error message is: Microsoft Office Excel found an error in the formula you entered. I desparately need help with this. I have reset the user profile to the default settings using the profile wizard, and I have even tried reinstalling Office. Nothing has worked. Please help...

Transfer of data #2
I have a database of information in excel and need a formula for compiling totals and transferring it to the main worksheet page. Basically it is a payment tracker - I put in todays date, account number, payment amount, etc and hit submit - it then sends this info onto the next worksheet page (the database). On the main page I have weekly, and monthly totals. I need it to update the weekly monthly totals based on the actual week and month - not last 7 days or last 30 days. How can i do this? Ultimately what it needs to do is go to the second page and grab all the info for the curren...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

How to delete chart

selecting data from a database
I'll try my best to explain what i I want to do.... I have a databse that contains a list of times recorded by athletes over various distances. I would like ot be able to run a macro that compiles a report by selecting personal best times by athletes name for the various distances. the database is continually added to, athletes times are constantly updated so refencing specific cells is not feasible. I currently sort the database by name, distance, best time for that distance so I can see an athletes history but need a method to extract the best times for each discipl...

Delete blank Last page

Data amalgamation
I have a table of data, including columns for date, a code indicatin data source, and various analysis under headings. As follows: Date Source A B C 1/1/01 X 2 4 8 15/3/01 X 3 5 7 16/6/02 Y 12 1 9 I want a summary table that is driven by a (variable) date range amalgamating data by source and A,B,C. As follows: X Y Z Pre 30/6/01 - A 5 0 0 - B 9 0 0 - C 15 0 0 Post 30/6/01 - A ...

Printing only filtered data in a form
Hi all- I'm of new to Access 2007. I have created a form and a report. Is it possible to have the user use the built in filter Access provides and click the report button and print only that data. Each time I open the form different data will need to be selected by the user. For a simple filter, you can just use the form's Filter string as the WhereCondition for OpenReport. This example assumes a command button named cmdPreview, that is to open Report1 filtered the same way as the form: Private Sub cmdPreview_Click() Dim strWhere As String If Me.Dirty The...

Deleting an email

Use a cell value as part of a formula
Hi All, I'm trying to use a cell value as part of a vlookup function. The idea is to keep changing the lookup query based on a the contents of a specific cell This is the forumla I'm currently using VLOOKUP($A2,'C:\Matrix0203\07-Feb03\[025-MainPub-ET-1801.XLS]Sheet1'!$A$1:$M$200,2,FALSE) I need a way to replace "025-MainPub-ET-1801.XLS" in the formula based on another cell, where this will be generated (or manually entered). Right now I'm doing a select all, find and replace to achieve this. Any help will be appreciated... Chirag Hi Chirag, You could use ...