defining unique range of cells for different sheets as the same n.

I want to use the same name, month9, to refer the same range of cells, but on
different sheets, how do i turn off the global define?
0
KSAPP (1)

When you define the name (Insert|name|Define), include the sheet name in the
"names in workbook" box:

sheet1!month9
or
'sheet 1'!month9

You can select your range and type this in the name box (to the left of the
formula bar), too.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Collections Management
Dynamics GP v9 - Collections Management Users are unable to use "user defined letters" (Word Documents) for mass mailings. They are limited to only using predefined letters, or printing each letter individually for every customer. Error received when users attempt to use a custom letter: -------------------------------------------------- Unhandled script exception: Cannot find report "COL_Reminder_UpcomingDue". EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_MISSING SCRIPT_CMD_REPORT -------------------------------------------------- ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microso...

Can't find cells to change content?
I have been given an Excel document I'd like to use as template. However, there is one item of text that I cannot change. In fact I can't seem to find which cell it is entered in. It appears as an overlay over the cells and does not relate to them. I can click on any other item and see to which cell it relates. Inserted Images highlight, and can be moved and placed anywhere. This text is not an image either as it does not give the image handles. If I select the whole document and delete the contents the text goes away. Any suggestions? NS <calypson@bell_kill_this_south.net&...

IF STATEMENT REFERENCING A BLANK CELL
I'm trying obtain a blank cell with an IF statement based on the formula B6-SUM(B9;B11;B13;B15;B17): 1. if B6 contains a reference which returns a blank if the referenced cell is blank and 2. if B6-SUM(B9;B11;B13;B15;B17) returns a 0. I've resolved item 2 this way: =IF(D6-SUM(D9;D11;D13;D15;D17)=0;"";D6-SUM (D9;D11;D13;D15;D17)) but everything I've tried for item 1 returns an error message. If anyone can help, thanks. Hi try =IF(OR(D6-SUM(D9;D11;D13;D15;D17)=0;D6="");"";D6-SUM(D9;D11;D13;D15;D17 )) Frank Maureen wrote: > I'm trying obta...

Extracting Multi-sheet values
I have many sheets with the same design, but on different "subjects". For example product1, product2, product3, etc...and I need to collect price-cell and 3 o 4 additional data from those products,into a summary-sheet. Is any easy way to create the summary-sheet and being able to repeat the formulas to collect the needed information?. Jorge, the Spreadsheet Assistant add-ins, available at http://www.add-ins.com, has a feature that does just what you want. You would preselect the sheets, then you would b prompted for the range to extract and the destination. Bob Flanagan Macro...

Captions and Citations won't format differently on same line.
Sir/Ma'am, Here's my issue: I have several figures in my document, which I have captioned using the "caption" command. Additionally, I have given the source for the caption as well. For instance: "Figure 1: Elm Tree (Jones, 2007)." I have created a Table of Figures, and the table of figures views the citation as part of the caption. When I try to select the citation and change it to normal text style (so the table of figures won't recognize it as captioned text) it will not let me change it if it is on the same line. My style book requ...

Start assigned unique key at specified value
I am trying to set up a table that will use a 6 digit consecutive number with a letter prefix as the key. I've got the format figured out, but how do I start the numbering at say N100500 rather then N000001 ? TIA! If you are using an autonumber field as part of your system, you can append a record which is 1 before your starting point. Remember though, that even though you may be formatting your number with the letter prefix, it will not be used in searches. If you have your own system coded counter, you should be able to start it anywhere you want. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP htt...

Mouse continues to select after clicking on a cell in excel.
I have read numerous posts detailing this issue and all the replies have been unhelpful. So hopefully, I can get some actual help for this issue. This issue seems to happen randomly, and effects one out of 10 similar machines with the same setup. All the machines are running windows 2000 (fully patched to the latest service/security level), running Office XP, also fully patched to the latest service/securit level. The problem is, a cell gets selected and the mouse continues to select cells even thou the mouse button is not pressed, basically disabling excel. The only way to stop thi...

Data Range #2
My data range for my chart is =Charts!$A$4:$C$28 How would I change the formula so the chart would update as I add data from line 29 down to say line 40. I would change my range from A4:C28 to A4:C40, but don't want all the null data points. Thanks..........Will For one possibility, check the Excel | Tutorials | 'Dynamic Charts' page of my web site. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <044701c3d6f2$0692f5b0$a101280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussi...

Deleting part of a cell
I have a large number of cells containing text (name of co. or individual, varying text string length) followed by a space and an 18 character string such as this "Shaving Centers </0016000000IMo40>" - I wold like to retain only the initial text string (ie. "Shaving Centers" - without the quotes of course) whether the space remains is immaterial. Problem is the </*> part is not constant, though I think it is of uniform length. I tried using the "IF(Right(..." function but had no success using the substitution for the numbers ie, </*>. If unclear ...

Outlook 07 on Vista: 2 Different User Calenders Viewed Together?
My wife and I use Vista on separate user accounts. We're both set up as administrators. We also are using Outlook 2007 for our own calender/scheduling. Is there a way to view the calenders together, as ONE? Is the only way to do this to set up one user account we're both configured to? Any help greatly appreciated. ZaveyZipper <das216at_comcast.net> wrote: > My wife and I use Vista on separate user accounts. We're both set up > as administrators. We also are using Outlook 2007 for our own > calender/scheduling. > > Is there a way to view the calende...

Application-defined or object-defined error
Hi, I find myself stumped by an incredibly easy piece of code and one that I have used before. I am getting the error: Run-time error '1004': Application-defined or object-defined error I am getting the error when I run the following code: Private Sub Workbook_Open() With Application .ScreenUpdating = False .DisplayAlerts = False Workbooks.Open "\\depot02\rel\www\internal\business_areas\edg\Metrics\Phones\HighHoldTimesDetailed.xls" Workbooks("HighHoldTimesDetailed.xls").Worksheets("data").Cells.Copy _ Workbooks("phoneholdtime...

runtime error 2465: application-defined or object-defined error
I'm trying to use a button on a main form to change the sort order of a sub- subform.When I execute the following, I get runtime error 2465: application- defined or object-defined error. opting to debug, I find the line with orderbyon highlighted. Anybody see what's wrong? Private sub timesort_click() Forms![control]![worklist]![approved].Form.OrderBy = "Forms![control]! [worklist]![approved]![time]" Forms![control]![worklist]![approved].Form.OrderBy0n = True End Sub -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/a...

How do I select data from a pick list and place in current cell?
How do I select data from a pick list and automatically place the value selected in the current cell of my worksheet? Thanks John Day Hi John, You use Data validation. See Debra Dalgleish's tutorial at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html --- Regards, Norman "John Day" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29b601c49ebb$2c267f90$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do I select data from a pick list and automatically > place the value selected in the current cell of my > worksheet? > > Thanks John Day Thanks Norman...

Repeat random numbers from a range and text
I am new at this, I need to create 2 different types of randomness, one of numbers and one of text selections. #1 a range of numbers, i.e, 134-2807 that allows repeat of numbers with a return of only 25 numbers. This random option is use daily so I need to be able to create a worksheet where each day only the range is changed, (without having to key the each number of the range to a separate row line) #2 a range of 5 process types, i.e, data, irsdat, ardat, ispdat, dsldat, where 3 processes are selected daily from the 5 listed which allows repeat of processes. I reviewed the RAND and RANDBE...

Splitting Cells
Im trying to enter two values into the same cell. I've seen it done, it has a red diagonal line seperating the two values. Thanks for any help. -- MFFC2005 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ MFFC2005's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25816 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=392130 First format the cell as Text. Then enter the two values separated by any character you desire. The cell will hold exactly what you typed. -- Gary's Student "MFFC2005" wro...

Blank column to be unique increment
Hi Everyone, I'm trying to write an update SQL to fill an Integer column with an incremental number. Example: My table has 500 rows, I want this new Integer column to be filled with number of 1 to 500. Is there a way to do this via an update SQL statement? Thanks in advance. Here is one example: CREATE TABLE Foo ( keycol INT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, datacol CHAR(1), seq_nbr INT); INSERT INTO Foo (keycol, datacol) VALUES (1, 'a'); INSERT INTO Foo (keycol, datacol) VALUES (8, 'b'); INSERT INTO Foo (keycol, datacol) VALUES (11, 'c'); INS...

sort sheet with Turkish Characters
I want to sort a column which contains turkish characters. A sample sort output is as follows: ab ça ce çg ia ıe öa oe The correct form should be ab ce ça çg ıe ia oe öa since ç comes after c, i comes after ı and ö comes after o. Please help me how to achieve this result. Thanks in advance Talat Oncu PS: Solution for Excel XP and Excel 2003 are welcome Microsoft sells a Turkish Language Pack for $25.00. However, I don't know whether the pack includes a sorting capability. see... http://buy.trymicrosoftoffice...

Adding Comments From Cells To Chart Points.
Hi all I have spent a large portion of my weekend trying to find the answer to this. Without much luck! I have finally come up with my own code and was hoping someone could have a look at it. I'm looking to clean it up and make it a little more efficient. Thanks in advance, Greg. Sub AddCommentsToChartPoints() Dim ws As Worksheet Dim ct As ChartObject Dim serSeries As SeriesCollection Dim ser As Series Dim Counter As Integer Dim ChartName As String Dim xVals As String Dim xAddress As String 'Loop through each worksheet in workbook For Each ws In Worksheets 'Lo...

Defining a variable to = MATCH
Dim thingy As Integer thingy = "=MATCH(""DiceC"",qperiodagentperformance!A:A,0)" ActiveCell.Formula = _ "=INDEX(qperiodagentperformance!D" & thingy & ":D13000,MATCH(""Agen Summary"",qperiodagentperformance!A" & thingy & ":A13000,0))" Range("D26").Select my thingy doesnt seem to work..... no comment Any suggestions on correcting this? Mik -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try with thingy = Application.Match("DiceC", Sheets("qperiodagentperformance"...

Order of Names in E-mail differs from that in Contacts (Outlook 2002)
Hi! I'm using Outlook 2002 and my contacts are all in the order of 'Surname, First Name'. When I open up a new message and click on 'To' to address it the names are all in the order of 'First Name Surname'. How can I change the order to 'Surname, First Name'? Thanks in anticipation. Andrew In news:%23DyiAASlFHA.1044@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl, Andrew Mawby <andrew@mawbya.plus.com> typed: > Hi! > > I'm using Outlook 2002 and my contacts are all in the order of 'Surname, > First Name'. When I open up a new message and click...

difference between ActiveX and normal controls
hello, I wanted to know what exactly is the difference between and activex control and normal control?Is there difference in coding also?Other than the usually used edit,combo,radio button what are other non activex controls.Are the available on Internet for download and where are they used? thanks in advance for the help ActiveX controls use the COM mechanism for communication. In general, you will find considerable differences in coding when using ActiveX controls vs. the default control set. There are huge numbers of non-activex controls, mostly derived from other controls,...

Simple "if word exist among theese cells, then true"
Im banging my head on the "find" functions. They give me a -value- when I need TRUE/FALSE for an IF function. It must be a much easier way to return TRUE or FALSE if a word exist within an area: Data: A1: Orange A2: Apple A3: Banana Function: 1: Is "*Apple*" in A1:A3? = TRUE! 2: Is "*Tomato*" in A1:A3? = FALSE! -- JemyM ------------------------------------------------------------------------ JemyM's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26945 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=517716 =N...

how to do self-defined regression in excel?
Hi, I want to do regression ananlysis in excel using a sigmoid function, which is not offered in the general 6 functions in excel(by adding trendline). How can I do it? Thanks. The Analysis ToolPak - VBA addin has a regression function and probably everything else you want. Tools > AddIns then checkmark Analysis ToolPak - VBA Go back to Tools dropdown and it should be listed near the bottotm of the dropdown. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, I want to do regression ananlysis in excel using a >sigmoid function, which is not offered in the general 6 >functions in excel(by a...

Cell Address in a pivot table
I have a pivot table which gets updated every day. Last row in the pivot table is 'Grand Total' and the number of rows in the pivot table varies every day. I have another function which needs the count of number of rows in the pivot table. Since the starting cell remains the same, I am counting the number of rows in the pivot table = Row Number of 'Grand Total' - Starting Cell value. Now my question is .. how do I get the Row Number of cell 'Grand Total'? Thank you for your time. Regards, Reddy ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted ...

Calculating age at different points in time
Using 2007, I need to calculate exact ages based on both full and partial dates that could range from the 1400's to current day. This is for a genealogy project. I would like to be able to enter a birth date into a cell which could be month-day-year if known or month-year if known or just year. In an adjacent column, say column 2, there would be a list of dates which would mark various points in time, like census dates, marriage, etc. These dates could also be month-day-year if known or month-year if known or just year. In column 3, 4, and 5, adjacent to column 2, I ne...