Define name box size too small for viewing large formulas

Hi,

When we create a new name using insert and define name then if the formula
is long it becomes difficult to view the whole formula. Also one is not able
to use navigation buttons left,right here as if we do that then the formula
gets modified. is there any way to see the whole formula. Like for creating
ever expanding validation list using Debra's technique one uses offset etc
but one is not able to view the whole big formula.

Please guide me.

Regards,
Hari
India

0
excel_hari (160)

Hi
try hitting F2 while in this text box. After this you should be able to
navigate within this box.

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Hari" <excel_hari@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi,
>
> When we create a new name using insert and define name then if the
formula
> is long it becomes difficult to view the whole formula. Also one is
not able
> to use navigation buttons left,right here as if we do that then the
formula
> gets modified. is there any way to see the whole formula. Like for
creating
> ever expanding validation list using Debra's technique one uses
offset etc
> but one is not able to view the whole big formula.
>
> Please guide me.
>
> Regards,
> Hari
> India

0
frank.kabel (11126)

changing formula result to constant value
What's the quickest, easiest way to convert the result of a formula into a constant? For examply, I used the proper command to change fields of data to title case. Now I need to do a mail merge, and I want to change the fields so that the title case data is a value, rather than still being the formula. Thanks! Patience -- pemily ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pemily's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=7588 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=491857 For a single cell: ...

Excel formula bar
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel The formula bar in Excel has migrated part way off the screen to the left so I can neither close it nor move it. How can I get it back onto the screen? First thing to try: While Excel is running go to System Preferences> Display & set your display resolution to a higher setting. Switch back to Excel & see if you can drag the bar back to the middle of the screen, then set your resolution back to its normal setting. If that doesn't work post a new message in the Excel group for other suggestions. Make su...

Using worksheet name as reference
HI I have one master sheet with around 50 rows in it. For each Row there is corrosponding worksheet. e.g. Row #23 will have corrosponding worksheet named '23'. I want to populate some data from worksheet 23 in Row no. 23 in master sheet. How should I refer the sheet 23 automatically using Data 23 in cell in the row ? If type ='23'!B21 I can get it but I want to automate it so I'm refering to cell instead of 23 which is ='A12'!B21 here it gives error because I'm making formating error. Pl. help . thanks. Hi, Try this: =INDIRECT("'"&ROW()...

Collections Management
Dynamics GP v9 - Collections Management Users are unable to use "user defined letters" (Word Documents) for mass mailings. They are limited to only using predefined letters, or printing each letter individually for every customer. Error received when users attempt to use a custom letter: -------------------------------------------------- Unhandled script exception: Cannot find report "COL_Reminder_UpcomingDue". EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_MISSING SCRIPT_CMD_REPORT -------------------------------------------------- ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microso...

Auto-select combo box entry when only one row
I have 2 combo boxes the second is dependent on the first. When the first is clicked, I requery the second in the OnClick event. When the requeried combo box has only one row, I'd like this to be auto selected. How can I do this? Thanks. "mscertified" <rupert@tigerlily.com> wrote in message news:3AACB546-54A0-4BC2-8AFA-03AEB37F001E@microsoft.com... >I have 2 combo boxes the second is dependent on the first. When the first >is > clicked, I requery the second in the OnClick event. When the requeried > combo > box has only one row, I'd like this to be...

Outlook 07 on Vista: 2 Different User Calenders Viewed Together?
My wife and I use Vista on separate user accounts. We're both set up as administrators. We also are using Outlook 2007 for our own calender/scheduling. Is there a way to view the calenders together, as ONE? Is the only way to do this to set up one user account we're both configured to? Any help greatly appreciated. ZaveyZipper <das216at_comcast.net> wrote: > My wife and I use Vista on separate user accounts. We're both set up > as administrators. We also are using Outlook 2007 for our own > calender/scheduling. > > Is there a way to view the calende...

Application-defined or object-defined error
Hi, I find myself stumped by an incredibly easy piece of code and one that I have used before. I am getting the error: Run-time error '1004': Application-defined or object-defined error I am getting the error when I run the following code: Private Sub Workbook_Open() With Application .ScreenUpdating = False .DisplayAlerts = False Workbooks.Open "\\depot02\rel\www\internal\business_areas\edg\Metrics\Phones\HighHoldTimesDetailed.xls" Workbooks("HighHoldTimesDetailed.xls").Worksheets("data").Cells.Copy _ Workbooks("phoneholdtime...

proper name conversion
I have a database that has names of people in one field, in a last name, first name order. (example: Smith, John) How can i seperate the last and first names from one text field into two different fields? Or at least have only the last name. thanks for any help. Howard wrote: >I have a database that has names of people in one field, >in a last name, first name order. (example: Smith, John) >How can i seperate the last and first names from one text >field into two different fields? Or at least have only >the last name. thanks for any help. > > This is air ...

Chart title = Worksheet Name?
I have a workbook where every sheet represents a different day. The title of the sheet is the date e.g. 9-14-06. On each sheet is a chart whose title is same date as on the tab, but formatted slightly differently: Thursday <cr> September 14, 2006. Is there a way to easily link the two so when I update the tab date, the chart date changes also? Thanks, Bill Halper I do hope someone can find a shorter way but here is mine. Firstly, the name on the tab will not be recognized as text by Excel, so wee need to get the sheet name into a cell and then extract year, month day A1 (sheet na...

Data Validation Allow List
Is there a way to click on the resulting combo box and have ALL the list items show up instead of just what seems like the default of about 8--I can scroll, but would like to just point and choose? Also, is there a way to change the font of this combo box? The resulting look like they are about 6 or 8 points. Any help is appreciated. Is this the right forum doug? If you are using a combo box (from the control toolbox) as opposed to a validation list you can change visible rows but not if you use validation Debra has a solution here http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html -- R...

Money 2004 Small Business
Question-- Will Money 2004 Small business support Schedule F (Farm) expenses? ...

runtime error 2465: application-defined or object-defined error
I'm trying to use a button on a main form to change the sort order of a sub- subform.When I execute the following, I get runtime error 2465: application- defined or object-defined error. opting to debug, I find the line with orderbyon highlighted. Anybody see what's wrong? Private sub timesort_click() Forms![control]![worklist]![approved].Form.OrderBy = "Forms![control]! [worklist]![approved]![time]" Forms![control]![worklist]![approved].Form.OrderBy0n = True End Sub -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/a...

CListCtrl Report View Resizing
Hello all: I have a CListCtrl that I resize according to its parent window's size. I resize the control by calling SetWindowPos with the new size and I modify each column's width to take the new width / the number of columns. Although the columns resize nicely, the control itself never does. Could some one tell me what I'm missing? Thank you, Dan hi dan I had done it like this.In the parent window onsize i used ctrl.movewindow(0,0,x,y) x and y are parameters of parent window onsize. I hope it will help u. sorry for my english with regards Harish "Dan" &...

Formula help required
I have 3 conditions score divided into 3 parts 50, 75 and 100 % If score in cell = > 27 then -3 If score in cell = >26<36 = -2 If score in cell = >18<27 = -1 My formula =IF(F48>27,"-3",IF(F48>=26<36,"-2",IF(F48<=18<27,"-1"))) If score in cell is > 27 shows false Please advise Cordially Beena K Process Analst Your conditions are a bit ambigous, shouldn't the first criteria be >=37 ? Conditions for the formula below: F48 >=37 result -3 F48 between 26 and 36 result -2 F48 between 18 and 25 result -...

Mutual Fund Names and Stock Names displayed on multiple lines
In 2005 Deluxe, Portfolio Manager, Group by Investment Type, the same mutual fund is incorrectly listed on multiple lines. And, if I move the cursor over different lines, the names sometime change. The mkt values appear correct, but the fund names are all messed up. Is there an update or service pack ready yet to fix this and/or other problems? -- Greg Have the same problem with money 2005 canadian version the Symbol,Name,Last Price and %Change change to the line the cursor was on before all else stay the same. Rudolf "Greg" wrote: > In 2005 Deluxe, Portfolio Manage...

Defining a variable to = MATCH
Dim thingy As Integer thingy = "=MATCH(""DiceC"",qperiodagentperformance!A:A,0)" ActiveCell.Formula = _ "=INDEX(qperiodagentperformance!D" & thingy & ":D13000,MATCH(""Agen Summary"",qperiodagentperformance!A" & thingy & ":A13000,0))" Range("D26").Select my thingy doesnt seem to work..... no comment Any suggestions on correcting this? Mik -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try with thingy = Application.Match("DiceC", Sheets("qperiodagentperformance"...

Naming a formfield
I am using Word 2003, I have added a formfield with code as shown below, declared the ffield as a formfield but the code is debugging with object variable not set for some reason on the '.Name'. I have successfully used this bit of code in other templates I have created. Can anyone offer me an alternative or solution please? Set ffield = _ ActiveDocument.FormFields.Add(Range:=Selection.Range, _ Type:=wdFieldFormTextInput) With ffield .Name = "contaminant" With .Text...

Order of Names in E-mail differs from that in Contacts (Outlook 2002)
Hi! I'm using Outlook 2002 and my contacts are all in the order of 'Surname, First Name'. When I open up a new message and click on 'To' to address it the names are all in the order of 'First Name Surname'. How can I change the order to 'Surname, First Name'? Thanks in anticipation. Andrew In news:%23DyiAASlFHA.1044@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl, Andrew Mawby <andrew@mawbya.plus.com> typed: > Hi! > > I'm using Outlook 2002 and my contacts are all in the order of 'Surname, > First Name'. When I open up a new message and click...

how to do self-defined regression in excel?
Hi, I want to do regression ananlysis in excel using a sigmoid function, which is not offered in the general 6 functions in excel(by adding trendline). How can I do it? Thanks. The Analysis ToolPak - VBA addin has a regression function and probably everything else you want. Tools > AddIns then checkmark Analysis ToolPak - VBA Go back to Tools dropdown and it should be listed near the bottotm of the dropdown. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, I want to do regression ananlysis in excel using a >sigmoid function, which is not offered in the general 6 >functions in excel(by a...

User-Defined type not defined?
I recently imported all my data into a blank DB now I am getting this error on: Dim wrk As Workspace Is that something to do with me importing into a new DB Thanks for any help...........Bob Sub SelAllNone(Optional SelectAll As Boolean = True) On Error GoTo stoprun Dim sqlStr As String Dim wrk As Workspace Dim db As Database Set wrk = DBEngine.Workspaces(0) Set db = CurrentDb sqlStr = "UPDATE [tblHorseInfo] SET [Worksheet] = " & SelectAll & ";" wrk.BeginTrans db.Execute sqlStr, dbFailOnError wrk.CommitTrans Exit_Here: Set wrk = Nothing Set db = Nothing ...

user defined fields 01-12-10
I have created a user defined field "GHINno". Using copied code I can emumate user defined fields and find "GHINno". I have code the Sets folder to the "Folder"- "Set MyContact = MyFolder.Folders("Seven Hills Mens Club")". But I can't figure out how to get to the value(s) in "GHINno", either the first value or loop through all values. Any help with UserProperty or Userproperties or whatever would be appriciated. Joe See http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?ID=38 for info on property syntax. You can use a F...

YES or NO formulas
Hi, I have a column that has a series of numbers it will always be either 10000 or 10100 , I want it to return a No for 10000 or Yes for 10100 in the field next to it, I have tried and I can't seem to make it work, I can do one or the other, any assistance would be greatly appreciated. The cells I am using for example are BF20 to BF34 and the answer I want to go into BG20 to BG34 Thanks!!!! BG20: =IF(BF20=10000,"No","Yes") and copy down -- HTH Bob "Alyssa" <Alyssa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Can't find source of Application-defined or object-defined error!?
I won't post all of the code here because it's too extensive but here's a watered down version (all variables declarations are not listed): Dim i as integer Dim PortName As String Dim ReviewSht As String Dim ModelSht As String Dim HoldingsSht As String Dim Model As Range PortName = Right(ActiveSheet.Name, Len(ActiveSheet.Name) - 15) ReviewSht = "Price Weight - " & PortName ModelSht = "Model Data - " & PortName HoldingsSht = "Holdings - " & PortName Application.ScreenUpdating = False With Worksheets(ModelSht).Range("A9") Range...

Range names list via ADO
Hello, I'm trying to get the range names list via ADO.Net, but can't get informations about this :-( Do you have an idea for me ? Many thanks. Christophe ...

CRM 4.0 Maximum Attachment file size
Hello, How do I increase the maximum attachment file size to more than 8MB? In the system parameters, when i try a higher limit i get an error message saying i must enter a number between 0 and 8192. In CRM 3.0 we currently have a limit of 30MB. We are in the process of upgrading to CRM 4.0 and I am unable to put the same limit. Is it possible to put a higher value than 8192? Thank you, JF Hi Giro, I ran into the same problem but found the fix. You need to change the following 2 lines in your web.config file to increase the size beyond 8MB 1. <httpRuntime executionTimeout=&quo...