Define name box size too small for viewing large formulas

Hi,

When we create a new name using insert and define name then if the formula
is long it becomes difficult to view the whole formula. Also one is not able
to use navigation buttons left,right here as if we do that then the formula
gets modified. is there any way to see the whole formula. Like for creating
ever expanding validation list using Debra's technique one uses offset etc
but one is not able to view the whole big formula.

Please guide me.

Regards,
Hari
India

0
excel_hari (160)

Hi
try hitting F2 while in this text box. After this you should be able to
navigate within this box.

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Hari" <excel_hari@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi,
>
> When we create a new name using insert and define name then if the
formula
> is long it becomes difficult to view the whole formula. Also one is
not able
> to use navigation buttons left,right here as if we do that then the
formula
> gets modified. is there any way to see the whole formula. Like for
creating
> ever expanding validation list using Debra's technique one uses
offset etc
> but one is not able to view the whole big formula.
>
> Please guide me.
>
> Regards,
> Hari
> India

0
frank.kabel (11126)

formula to move a scored number to a score sheet
i run a race team. we have 20 teams competeing. we select 7 riders each to compete in various age and skill levels. we sort the riders by age and skill level. as we score the races, i need a formula that will send the results back to the team score card. for example i have 20 score card, one for each team. each card has 3colums with 7 cells. after we sort the riders they are no longer grouped by teams. the formula would have to know to send the score of a rider from team (a) to the correct score card and if the first cell has a score in it, to place it in the next cell in the column a...

How to alter column name?
Today ,I need to alter a table which name is MAP,I want to alter a name of column ,for example MAP=A3=A8Table name) field name=A3=BA admin1 admin2 admin3 admin4 value: 1 2 3 4 I want to alter "admin4" to "www", how to do it? my English is very poor,I hope you understand this mean. thanks! > Today ,I need to alter a table which name is MAP,I want to alter a name > of column ,for example > > MAP=A3=A8Table name) > field name=A3=BA admin1 admin2 adm...

Connecting multiple IF statements into one formula
I am trying to create a formula using multiple IF statements. Individually they all work but I don't know how to connect them in into one formula. Basically, 4 possible date ranges that would each produce a different text value. Any suggestions? =IF(AND(I1>=DATEVALUE("1-Jan"),I1<=DATEVALUE("31-Mar")),"Spring Assortment")*IF(AND(I1>=DATEVALUE("1-Apr"),I1<=DATEVALUE("30-Jun")),"Summer Assortment")*IF(AND(I1>=DATEVALUE("1-Jul"),I1<=DATEVALUE("30-Sep")),"Fall Assortment"...

Parsing Names in Excel
I have a list in Excel from A1:A100 with names like the ones mentioned below: Michelle Fooo (michelfoo@exchange.SASMOM.com) Myhaass Smith (mysmith@exchange.SASMOM.com) I want to parse them using string functions to the following format michelfoo@SASMOM.com mysmith@SASMOM.com Any ideas how to do this using a formula? Thanks in advance Michael Michael Are you wanting to strip all the name out too or just remove the exchange.? If the latter just use edit>replace What:=exchange. and leave the with blank -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_...

Using a Named Range for Data Source In A Chart
I am trying to create a chart that picks up the last 12 months of data I have created a named range called Test. Test refers to =OFFSET(Sheet1!$B$1,1,Sheet1!$C$1,2,12) When Sheet1!C1 changes the range location changes. I have created a column chart using Test as the Data Source, and that works fine when I first build the Chart. When I change the content of Sheet1!C1 from 1 to 2 (for example), I expected the Chart to change but it does not. I have to go back into the Data Source of the Chart and type =Test in order for the chart to change. My question is there any way to have the chart aut...

Customisation of Avticity View
Hi, I have users that are becoming frustrated with the Activity View not including the Data of the activity. If this was one of the columns, then the list could be sorted in date sequence. Seems a reasonable thing to do (view Activities in the sequence they occured!). I have had a look at the customisation facilities but it doesn't seem to allow for the customisation of 'Activities'. I only get the option to customise Leads, Opportunities, Accounts, Contacts, and Addresses..... seems to be I'm missing Activities? Is there anyway I can customise the Activity View to inc...

Naming sections of a worksheet for reporting
I have a somewhat long worksheet. I now highlight and area of the worksheet and call it a print area. What I would like to do is have one section of the worksheet called Revenue, another maybe Costs, and another All which I could refer to before printing. Is there a way to do this? Thanks. Michael Check out Custom-Views, under Menu-View One-at-a-time, set up the Print Area the very way you want it, then go to View, Custom-View, and NameIt1 Then go to the next Print Area and set it up the way you want it, then go to Veiw, Custom-View, and Nameit2 Do all you want,, When you want to Print a...

Can't see design view
Hi there, I have inherited a db and need to make changes. The problem is that I can't get to the form's design view, the command is greyed out. I'm not prompted for a password so I don't think there are user permissions. What would likely get me into design view? Thanks! -- www.brightfuture.ca/bright My email address can be found on my site. Are you opening the db while holding down a <SHIFT> key? Johnny Bright wrote: >Hi there, > >I have inherited a db and need to make changes. The problem is that I can't >get to the form's design view, t...

Creating a Category from a large `To' Listing
I'm running Vista Home Premium, SP2, All WU's current, 2 GB RAM, Firefox, MBAM, CCleaner, SAS, Spyware Doctor. I routinely get an e-mail directed to a long list of folks who all belong to a group of some kind. I'd like to take the information from this list of e-mail address (that appear in the original `To' listing) and somehow get them into a category that I would name. I don't want to have to type all the individual information. That way, when I need to send out an e-mail to one of these groups I can just send it to the newly created category. I realize ...

Strand Combo Box Problem
Strange Combo Box Problem Access 2003 ADP - Modal Window - No Record Source (All controls are unbound). I have a combo box for UOM (unit of Measure) and the Rowsource is a value list generated by code which I have verified works fine. At times the pull down works just fine but other times the pull down works as if the control / form were Read Only. When the problem does occurr you can view all the entries via the pulldown but you cannot select an entry. However you can type in a value in the list without a problem. It's only the pull down selection that is acting strange! Form ...

How to size an activex ?
Hello, I wrote an ActiveX in MFC. I use it in a C# application (forms). My computer has a screen resolution of 1280x1024 with 96PPP (Important !!) I insert my activex in a form, I compile and run all is ok !! But now I want to use my application in an other computer with screen resolution of 1280x1024 but with 120 PPP. The size of my activeX is not correct !! External size is biggest than what I design! I suppose it's a problem of physical and logical size, but i d'ont know how to be independant of the ppp value. I want to design my form on any computer and obtain the same look ...

Re: stdafx.h defines #2
You're right, Jeff F. Thanks ...

Problem linking to defined names
I have two types of links in my workbook: 1)external links to a SharePoint web folder containing HTML files and; 2) links to defined names within the workbook. The SharePoint address is rather lengthy and can change, so I set this as the hyperlink base in my workbook's properties. However, after I do this, none of my links for defined names work. The base address is appended to the defined name reference. Is there any work-around for this? I was hoping it might be as simple as enclosing the defined name in quotes, but, of course, it wasn't that simple. Any ideas? ...

FINANCE Formula Help
I am trying to set up a spreadsheet function to get the following answers but am having little luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a formula to get the required answers? Q: Consider a bond with a face value of $1,000. The coupon payment is made semi-annually and the yield to maturity is 12% (effective annual yield). How much would you pay for the bond if: A: The coupon rate is 8% and the time to maturity is 20 years? B: The coupon rate is 10% and the time to maturity is 15 years? Any help would be appreciated... JCH Look in help for the PRICE function. Only trick is ...

Given Unknown error when trying to view certain folders
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I can log in and run entourage.Error does not cause restart or crash, but cannot view contents of certain folders. On 12/14/09 12:57 PM, in article 59baf056.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "JWooldridge@officeformac.com" <JWooldridge@officeformac.com> wrote: > I can log in and run entourage.Error does not cause restart or crash, but > cannot view contents of certain folders. The �unknown error� is most likely a system error and can indicate disk problems. Use Disk Utili...

Completely stumped for formula
I have a database containing details of all the children in my school, In one column are the classes that each child is in, in another column is their religion, I need to be able to count how many are of a certain religion in each particular class. I have a drop down list listing each class. I need a formula to look at that box, which is assigned to a cell, then identify all children in that particular class and show the number of buddhists(for example) in a cell. Hope I've explained this correctly and clearly Thanks in advance =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A500=D2),--(B2:B500="Buddist&...

prevent login box showing up at starting
Hi, On outlook 98, is there anyway we can save password for a profile saved so that it will not ask everytime. Example, i created a profile(user1) for a domain user (having mail ccount on mail server) on one of our servers. I am sending mail from our oracle forms application(using MAPI interface). The forms uses local administrator account and there is no way of changing it. I made user1 as default profile. When i send mail from forms it appears it is failing because it couldn't login to mail server(it doesn't have account on mail server as it is a local account). Can i ma...

Formula Problem #11
I am trying to raise a formula that gives me a sum of two cells when there is a positive value present and the following appears to satisfy this. =IF(H55<>"",H55+H56,"") The problem is that if the cell H55 is actually empty, I want to sum two different cells in this case H54+H56. Is there any way of achieving this with the OR or some other function? Very many thanks david See if this formula works for you =if(h55<>"",h55+h56,if(h55="",h54+h56,"")) DavidM wrote: > *I am trying to raise a formula that gives me a sum o...

mail box
dear all, we are movign from exchnage 5.5 /Windows NT 4 to Exchange 2003 / Windows 2003 on mixed mode as we are having some set of client/server runnign on WINDOWS NT. What is the best methode to users login name, password, groups , mailbox , rules move to Exchange 2003, Windows 2003. thanks and reagrds, Ram ...

associate "pick box"
I need a bit of VBA code I believe or an inventive way to make "pick boxes" associative, just like a cell would be if you dragged accross a field. what is happening to me is that the new pick boxes all refer back to the original true false field, leaving my data selection random. What is a "pick box"? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 18 May 2010 09:09:01 -0700, Richard R <RichardR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need a bit of VBA code I believe or an inventive way to make "pick boxes" >associative, just like a cell would be ...

The file being imported exceeds the maximum permitted file size for import files. The file cannot be imported.
Has anyone seen the error messaged referenced in the subject of this posting while importing contacts through the native CRM import utility? My file has exactly 63,177 contacts. I am fine with splitting it into multiple files but I would like to know that maximum size allowed to avoid splitting it up too much. I haven't seen this documented anywhere. Thanks, Scott Moore scottmoore@easiintl.com http://www.easiintl.com Sounds like the error you would get if you tried to upload an attachment that is too large. I'm not sure if it also applies to files you are trying to import. Might...

Uniquely Identify Data for Charting with a List Box
Gang, The Internet is a great thing. I found a charting example that does nearly every thing I want to do. Amazingly enough, I was able to figure out how the thing works! The chart is fairly simple. It is a X*Y line chart with 2 series. I found the chart here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - The chart is called "ChartAgainstStandard.zip." One of the 2 series plotted is a "standard" and the other changes based on the selection made in the drop down list. Amazingly enough, I was able to follow the thing completely and I would like ...

New to 2003
I posted this in the "calendaring" newsgroup, but it does not appear that anyone really reads that newsgroup. Most of the responses from today are still unanswered. So I am reposting it here. I was just upgraded to Outlook 2003 and I have a question: I have a public calendar (department calendar). I have tried to "Add New Shortcut" and it looks like it works, but the shortcut does not appear. How can I make it easier to go to this commonly used calendar? The only way I can currently get to it is by clicking "Folder List" then clicking on it from there. Tha...

e-mail view
I want to keep the 2 pane view on my e-mail page, but want the bottom half to be blank until I click on the subject line listed in the top half. How do I do that? Thanks. If you need to, drag the columns a little to the left so the last column leaves a bit of a space between it ant the scroll bar. A left click in this empty space will remove any highlighting and the preview pane will be blank. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Charles and Dianna" <dkarnes@verizon.net> wrote in message news:eruOD3p0KHA.4832@T...

Macro to delete any control box and pictures
I recorded this macro: ActiveSheet.Shapes("Control 3").Select Selection.Cut ActiveSheet.Shapes("Picture 1").Select Selection.Cut ActiveSheet.Shapes("Picture 2").Select Selection.Cut but it hang's (item with the spcified name wasn't found) I assume by downloading various data, the numbers of the objects change, and that's probably why it's hanging. Different data but all with the same control box and pictures. Is there a way to run a macro that will delete the control box and pictures. Perhaps writing it as ...