Define name #2

Looking for a way to define a name over several Sheets that will apply
to the active sheet only.
An example:
On Sheet1, Sheet2 and Sheet3 in cells A4:G17 I have a form that I want
to give one name (e.g.  OrderForm) that will automatically apply to
that area on the active sheet only.

I tried:
=SHEET1:Sheet3!$A$4:$G$17
but the following problems occur:

- the defined name �OrderForm� does not appear in the Name Box
so how can I use it?
- F3 (Paste Name Dialog Box) and Ctrl+F3 (Define Name Dialog Box)
doesn�t help either

Anybody who can put me on the right track?

--
digicat
digicat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14920

Collections Management
Dynamics GP v9 - Collections Management Users are unable to use "user defined letters" (Word Documents) for mass mailings. They are limited to only using predefined letters, or printing each letter individually for every customer. Error received when users attempt to use a custom letter: -------------------------------------------------- Unhandled script exception: Cannot find report "COL_Reminder_UpcomingDue". EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_MISSING SCRIPT_CMD_REPORT -------------------------------------------------- ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microso...

Using worksheet name as reference
HI I have one master sheet with around 50 rows in it. For each Row there is corrosponding worksheet. e.g. Row #23 will have corrosponding worksheet named '23'. I want to populate some data from worksheet 23 in Row no. 23 in master sheet. How should I refer the sheet 23 automatically using Data 23 in cell in the row ? If type ='23'!B21 I can get it but I want to automate it so I'm refering to cell instead of 23 which is ='A12'!B21 here it gives error because I'm making formating error. Pl. help . thanks. Hi, Try this: =INDIRECT("'"&ROW()...

Outlook 07 on Vista: 2 Different User Calenders Viewed Together?
My wife and I use Vista on separate user accounts. We're both set up as administrators. We also are using Outlook 2007 for our own calender/scheduling. Is there a way to view the calenders together, as ONE? Is the only way to do this to set up one user account we're both configured to? Any help greatly appreciated. ZaveyZipper <das216at_comcast.net> wrote: > My wife and I use Vista on separate user accounts. We're both set up > as administrators. We also are using Outlook 2007 for our own > calender/scheduling. > > Is there a way to view the calende...

asp.net is cycling the AppDomain #2
Hi, My client has been using Business Portal 4.0 for over a month in conjunction with Dynamics GP 10.0. Recently the client has received the following error in the Event Viewer: asp.net is cycling the AppDomain Any idea of what the problem is and how it can be resolved? More detail below: Event code: 3005 Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. Event time: 2009/05/19 02:27:04 PM Event time (UTC): 2009/05/19 12:27:04 PM Event ID: de12506fed09447a8a8b47bd3c3a26f7 Event sequence: 2757 Event occurrence: 2 Event detail code: 0 Application information: Application domain: /...

Application-defined or object-defined error
Hi, I find myself stumped by an incredibly easy piece of code and one that I have used before. I am getting the error: Run-time error '1004': Application-defined or object-defined error I am getting the error when I run the following code: Private Sub Workbook_Open() With Application .ScreenUpdating = False .DisplayAlerts = False Workbooks.Open "\\depot02\rel\www\internal\business_areas\edg\Metrics\Phones\HighHoldTimesDetailed.xls" Workbooks("HighHoldTimesDetailed.xls").Worksheets("data").Cells.Copy _ Workbooks("phoneholdtime...

Word/Newsletter question #2
I am a new Imac desktop user. I have Office 2007 on my laptop PC and have always used Publisher for a couple of organization newsletters that I do. I soon decided Pages was not as user friendly or as full featured as Publisher so decided to bite the bullet and buy Office 2004 for my mac. What a disappointment to discover I can't transfer files from Publisher to the Word newsletter program, nor does there seem to be a free standing version of Publisher for mac. Word doesn't recognize Publisher files at all. How can this be? Isn't it all Microsoft programming? Am I missing something?...

proper name conversion
I have a database that has names of people in one field, in a last name, first name order. (example: Smith, John) How can i seperate the last and first names from one text field into two different fields? Or at least have only the last name. thanks for any help. Howard wrote: >I have a database that has names of people in one field, >in a last name, first name order. (example: Smith, John) >How can i seperate the last and first names from one text >field into two different fields? Or at least have only >the last name. thanks for any help. > > This is air ...

Chart title = Worksheet Name?
I have a workbook where every sheet represents a different day. The title of the sheet is the date e.g. 9-14-06. On each sheet is a chart whose title is same date as on the tab, but formatted slightly differently: Thursday <cr> September 14, 2006. Is there a way to easily link the two so when I update the tab date, the chart date changes also? Thanks, Bill Halper I do hope someone can find a shorter way but here is mine. Firstly, the name on the tab will not be recognized as text by Excel, so wee need to get the sheet name into a cell and then extract year, month day A1 (sheet na...

attachments on Outlook Express #2
The attachments on my incoming email are shadowed out and I can't open them. How can I get the attachments to open? Here is a link to an article that explains how to disable the security feature that blocks attachments, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;329570. I hope this information is helpful. Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/Office Setup Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications -------------------- >Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message >From: "HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!" <anonymous@discussio...

runtime error 2465: application-defined or object-defined error
I'm trying to use a button on a main form to change the sort order of a sub- subform.When I execute the following, I get runtime error 2465: application- defined or object-defined error. opting to debug, I find the line with orderbyon highlighted. Anybody see what's wrong? Private sub timesort_click() Forms![control]![worklist]![approved].Form.OrderBy = "Forms![control]! [worklist]![approved]![time]" Forms![control]![worklist]![approved].Form.OrderBy0n = True End Sub -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/a...

summing number of 'y's in a filtered column #2
thanks domenics one seems to be workin -- neowo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- neowok's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=594 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31434 ...

Mutual Fund Names and Stock Names displayed on multiple lines
In 2005 Deluxe, Portfolio Manager, Group by Investment Type, the same mutual fund is incorrectly listed on multiple lines. And, if I move the cursor over different lines, the names sometime change. The mkt values appear correct, but the fund names are all messed up. Is there an update or service pack ready yet to fix this and/or other problems? -- Greg Have the same problem with money 2005 canadian version the Symbol,Name,Last Price and %Change change to the line the cursor was on before all else stay the same. Rudolf "Greg" wrote: > In 2005 Deluxe, Portfolio Manage...

memory leak problem #2
hello, i'm facing a memory leak problem when my application runs for a long time. i tried to figure out the source and came to a very small demo app to reproduce the behaviour. i create a dialog based mfc app, added a member variable of type CArray< CString*, CString* > to store CStrings*. then i added two buttons 'add' and 'remove'. the 'add' button creates new strings and adds to the array. void TestDlg::Add() { for ( int i = 0; i < 100000; i ++ ) { CString* pTemp = new CString; *pTemp = "long text...."; // about 100 char...

Defining a variable to = MATCH
Dim thingy As Integer thingy = "=MATCH(""DiceC"",qperiodagentperformance!A:A,0)" ActiveCell.Formula = _ "=INDEX(qperiodagentperformance!D" & thingy & ":D13000,MATCH(""Agen Summary"",qperiodagentperformance!A" & thingy & ":A13000,0))" Range("D26").Select my thingy doesnt seem to work..... no comment Any suggestions on correcting this? Mik -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try with thingy = Application.Match("DiceC", Sheets("qperiodagentperformance"...

Find replace #2
We have a column that has first names sometimes last names we have another column with last names you would like to remove all last names from column a which is the first names column how can we do that? Select Column A Choose Text to Columns and choose the delimiter (most likely space or comma) "dk" wrote: > We have a column that has first names sometimes last names we have another > column with last names you would like to remove all last names from column a > which is the first names column how can we do that? dk wrote: > We have a column that has first names s...

SVG problems in Visio 2003 SP 2
Hi! I tried to create a new document (metrics format) and added a few different shapes (also metric). I saved the document in SVG format and closed the document. I then tried to open the document again, but got a lot of errors, and some of my shapes could be located at the lower left corner, but a bit misshaped. Also when opening the document i IE it is incorrect. (I detected this behavior with a mush more complex drawing, and that was totally messed up after saved as SVG.) Is this a known error, or is there something wrong with my local setup? Best Regards, Andreas Lundgren Log file: Op...

Money Deluxe 2003 #2
I have 3 bank accounts set with positive starting balance and debit transactions in each but still with positive ending balances. However the value for each when I look at the account list is approx -$260,162,607,883,900. I can't find any logic as to how this number was arrived at. In microsoft.public.money, ET wrote: >I have 3 bank accounts set with positive starting balance >and debit transactions in each but still with positive >ending balances. However the value for each when I look at >the account list is approx -$260,162,607,883,900. I can't >find any log...

Naming a formfield
I am using Word 2003, I have added a formfield with code as shown below, declared the ffield as a formfield but the code is debugging with object variable not set for some reason on the '.Name'. I have successfully used this bit of code in other templates I have created. Can anyone offer me an alternative or solution please? Set ffield = _ ActiveDocument.FormFields.Add(Range:=Selection.Range, _ Type:=wdFieldFormTextInput) With ffield .Name = "contaminant" With .Text...

Order of Names in E-mail differs from that in Contacts (Outlook 2002)
Hi! I'm using Outlook 2002 and my contacts are all in the order of 'Surname, First Name'. When I open up a new message and click on 'To' to address it the names are all in the order of 'First Name Surname'. How can I change the order to 'Surname, First Name'? Thanks in anticipation. Andrew In news:%23DyiAASlFHA.1044@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl, Andrew Mawby <andrew@mawbya.plus.com> typed: > Hi! > > I'm using Outlook 2002 and my contacts are all in the order of 'Surname, > First Name'. When I open up a new message and click...

how to do self-defined regression in excel?
Hi, I want to do regression ananlysis in excel using a sigmoid function, which is not offered in the general 6 functions in excel(by adding trendline). How can I do it? Thanks. The Analysis ToolPak - VBA addin has a regression function and probably everything else you want. Tools > AddIns then checkmark Analysis ToolPak - VBA Go back to Tools dropdown and it should be listed near the bottotm of the dropdown. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, I want to do regression ananlysis in excel using a >sigmoid function, which is not offered in the general 6 >functions in excel(by a...

Worksheet views #2
Katie, thanks for your help, that worked perfectly -- Jahung ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Jahunga's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1529 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26916 ...

Investment property loans #2
Union Home Loan is a private hard money, equity-based lender in CA . We take any lending situation no matter how complicated and find a way to make the loan. Union Home Loan lenders provide best Hard money loans for commercial industrial homes land property Investment bad credit okay Easy qualify on equity in California. http://www.unionhomeloan.com/ ...

User-Defined type not defined?
I recently imported all my data into a blank DB now I am getting this error on: Dim wrk As Workspace Is that something to do with me importing into a new DB Thanks for any help...........Bob Sub SelAllNone(Optional SelectAll As Boolean = True) On Error GoTo stoprun Dim sqlStr As String Dim wrk As Workspace Dim db As Database Set wrk = DBEngine.Workspaces(0) Set db = CurrentDb sqlStr = "UPDATE [tblHorseInfo] SET [Worksheet] = " & SelectAll & ";" wrk.BeginTrans db.Execute sqlStr, dbFailOnError wrk.CommitTrans Exit_Here: Set wrk = Nothing Set db = Nothing ...

If-Then Statement #2
How do I do the 50-70 pound part? >50<70 ??? -- alan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- alanf's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1536 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26983 ...

user defined fields 01-12-10
I have created a user defined field "GHINno". Using copied code I can emumate user defined fields and find "GHINno". I have code the Sets folder to the "Folder"- "Set MyContact = MyFolder.Folders("Seven Hills Mens Club")". But I can't figure out how to get to the value(s) in "GHINno", either the first value or loop through all values. Any help with UserProperty or Userproperties or whatever would be appriciated. Joe See http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?ID=38 for info on property syntax. You can use a F...