Default font for charts?

Is there a way to designate a specific font to be used on all data points
when displaying labels on charts?

Each month, I have 53 charts which need to be completed for Sales Analysis,
and this is multiplied exponentially at business intervals (quarter, half,
year end).

I typically prefer to use Small Fonts 7 for my data points, and legends, but
Arial Narrow 11 for Titles.  Also, I do not wish to "globally" change my
default font to Small Fonts, but rather to use only in the charting
scenario....

All suggestions welcome!

TIA,
Sandi

Make your own chart template, see
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CreateCustomTypes.html
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"RUSH2CROCHET" <RUSH2CROCHET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to designate a specific font to be used on all data points
> when displaying labels on charts?
>
> Each month, I have 53 charts which need to be completed for Sales
> Analysis,
> and this is multiplied exponentially at business intervals (quarter, half,
> year end).
>
> I typically prefer to use Small Fonts 7 for my data points, and legends,
> but
> Arial Narrow 11 for Titles.  Also, I do not wish to "globally" change my
> default font to Small Fonts, but rather to use only in the charting
> scenario....
>
> All suggestions welcome!
>
> TIA,
> Sandi

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

how to persist pivot chart data
I have two worksheets: one sheet to do scratch work, and one to contain the final product. I do the following: 1. Make a filter selection on the scratch sheet and copy the resulting pivot table and pivot chart to the final sheet. 2. Make another filter selection on the scratch seet and copy the resulting pivot table and pivot chart to the final sheet. ( I actually do many iterations of this.) Unfortunately, when I make another filter selection in the pivot table on the scratch sheet and copy the table to the final sheet, the first pivot chart on the final sheet reflects the results...

Embedded Fonts in Publisher
Why do I get a message about embedding fonts every time I open my files? How can I have it set as default to have them embedded without asking me? Thanks. Indian Publisher wrote: > Why do I get a message about embedding fonts every time I open my > files? How can I have it set as default to have them embedded without > asking me? Thanks. Do you mean embedded or missing? When you use a font in a publication it isn't embedded unless you specify (and many designers won't allow their fonts to be embedded). If Publisher cannot find an installed font it will promt you every ti...

Hello How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange 2007? Thanks! Look up: New-RecipientDomain Get-EMailAddressPolicy New-EMailAddressPolicy Set-EMailAddressPolicy -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Ronald" <2omikk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uOf%23x$$nKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello > > How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange > 2007? > > Thanks! > We have a dedicated group for SBS...

workplace default pane default tab
Hi, Strange as it may seem, some users cannot find "Default tab" and "Default pane" to customize in the General tab of the Workplace (either in Client or Web Access). Even those who already used it, do no find it anymore. How can this be achieved (customization / programming)? Thanks a lot. ...

Form defaults
Hi, I have a button on a form that disables and rearranges controls. I think I went into design view it it pressed and that control arrangement became the default. I cannot change it back though. I tried clicking the button twice and everything goes back to how it should be in form view. Then when I go to design mode everything goes to the wrong defaults. I hope that makes sense. Thanks for your help. ...

Excel
I'd like to be able to represent a limit level across a series of results either using one gridine or any other suggestions. The way I am doing it at the moment means that the limit columns are blocking the view of lower levels of data, values higher than the limit are obvious but ones lesser than are restricted from view. Any help please. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "ju1eshart" <ju1eshart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Default Catagory
Is ther a way in Outlook 2002 and 2003 to set a default catagory to all new Calendar items when they are created i.e. "Work" and then add any others you require? Also can you add a catogory to all the existing items in the calendar again "Work" in one go without destorying any existing catogories? Thanks Shane ...

Change default outlook calendar
I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. How? David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. > > I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete > because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and > replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. > How? Create a new PST and set it to be your default delivery locat...

Change default font and size for comments?
Does anyone know how to do the above? Many thanks Anita Hi Anita! Right-click on the desktop > Properties Appearance tab > Item dropdown, select Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK You'll see that you can change the font and colour as well. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au To change the default font size (this will also change the settings for tooltips in Excel and other programs): Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font ...

chart blank on report
I am trying to insert a chart in the footer section of a report to summarize the data for each RepType. I use the chart wizard and when I view the chart in the wizard it looks correct. As soon as I print preview the report nothing shows up at all in the chart, just a blank box except for the chart title. The RepType is both the child and master link fields. Pleae help! Thanks for the suggestion, but that still didn't work. I think it has something to do with the linked child and master fields. As soon as I set those to blank then the chart shows up, but I want the chart to cha...

Footer defaults
I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them the default? -- Joe S. Hi create a new workbook with this footer and save this as a template (*.xlt file) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Joe S." <JoeS@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4D12465C-3586-4F79-A000-19AB582C456C@microsoft.com... > I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those > footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them th...

scale of sales and net income chart
I'm using Excel 2007 and need to chart the following: Sales 10,000 Operating Income 1,000 Net Income 500 Excel is creating the chart from these numbers, but because Sales are so high compared to Op Income and Net Income, I can barely see the 2 smaller numbers on the chart. I'm already using a secondary axis for a statistical calculation, or it would be the perfect solution. I've experimented with scale (in Excel 2003) but haven't gotten too far. Any help for this? TIA. Hi, Here are two ideas: 1. Create a dummy axis for...

VBA code to extract m-coefficient in linear trendlines from ALL charts
I have no VBA experience and have been trying to modify a code I found online used to extract all coefficients from the trendline textbox. I've pretty much gotten nowhere. The problem is that it's written to extract only the coefficients of trendline 1 in chart 1. What I would like is to extract only the m coefficient of mx+b of all of the trendlines in however many charts I may have in the sheet. The charts each have 4 trendlines in them. I would like for chart 1 tline 1 extracted to D3 and tline 2 to E3. Then tline 3 to D4 and tline 4 to E4. Chart 2 would have tline 1 to D5 an...

Default organization not default
Hey, I changed my default organization of CRM. However when opening the default server URL. Still the old default organization is opened. Resetting IIS, clearing the Internet Explorer cache en even rebooting the server does not help. Does someone have more ideas?? Thx. Mirella try to disable the other organization and keep the only one . access it with default and post us if you get the error. ------ Aamir http://danishmscrm.blogspot.com/ I disabled all the organizations except the one I that needs to be de default. Opening CRM with the default URL the following error is displa...

default mail programme
Email Client: pop how do i make entourage my default email programme. See my answer in your other thread. On 30/04/2010 14:01, Digs@officeformac.com wrote: > Email Client: pop how do i make entourage my default email programme. -- Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP (Macintosh) *** Please always reply to the newsgroup. *** ...

Setting the default contact list for Outlook 2007
When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact list, by default it always goes to the Global Address List. Is there a way to make my Contact List the default? "brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FED962FD-27E7-42BA-B0CE-FEA9256DDEC4@microsoft.com... > When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact > list, > by default it always goes to the Global Address List. Is there a way to > make my Contact List the default? When that Address Book window opens, click Tool...

email default
I set up my outlook as my email default (the same as in outlook 2000). The difference in 2007 is that whenever I sign on to outlook, it totally empties my aol mail box. With 2000, I got my mail but it also stayed in aol. How can I change this? Change the Advanced tab on your Account Properties to leave the messages on the server. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "Fran" <Fran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Cannot select data series on 3-D surface chart
Hi, I want to change the Y-axis width, and the suggested method from "Help" is to select a data series and use an option from the appropriate Format menu. However, I cannot find a way of selecting a data series - placing the cursor on any other part of the chart identifies the correct object, but it doesn't work for the data series. (It always works for scatter plots and line charts!) This chart has 22 columns with 300 points in each. I have tried a simpler version, 2 columns with 10 points each, but still have the same problem. As an otherwise reasonable Excel user, I'm feel...

Changing & recalculating default values on a form
There are a number of occassions in my application where I use a calculated control (1) as the default value for an unbound control (2). Most of the time the user will accept this value and move forward; however, if one of the underlying values upon which the calculated control (1) is based changes, I would like the value of the unbound control (2) to be updated. I do not want to bind the control (2), because there will also be a few times when the user will need to change its (2) value independent of the value calculated in Control (1) Can I do this? Thanks so much. =?Utf-8?B?TGVM...

? change default line style from solid to dotted
In Format Cell Borders Line Style I use a dash or dotted box around cells rather than the solid line that is the default setting. How do I select a different line as the default. ...

Excel 2000 => upgraded to 2003 and Bar Chart Pattern disappeared
I have a bar chart composed of two bars each with a stacked series of bars. For one of my bars one of the stacked points was a pattern fill (slashes). Since my upgrade to Office 2003 the pattern fill for this one stacked bar has disappeared. I've upgraded to Office SP2 and still cannot set my fill pattern. I have had to set the fill to color white until I can get this pattern back. I have noticed that the Sample preview pane is not set when I select the pattern fill, gradient fill, etc. Is this a known problem? And is there a work around? Thanks, Donna L Bruce ...

Default Meeting Times
I am trying to re-set the default meeting times to either 25 minutes or 55 minutes. I am working on implementing processes whereby people are given 5 minutes in between meetings for whatever reason and it is to easy to default to the 30 and 60 minute time frames. Is this possible? "Stacey" <Stacey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4344BCCF-018D-44A2-9FED-0D0695B101A5@microsoft.com... >I am trying to re-set the default meeting times to either 25 minutes or 55 > minutes. I am working on implementing processes whereby people are given 5 > ...

How do I show the whole chart?
All of my values in my graph are negative, so my chart only shows the 3rd quadrant, but I'd like to make my graph show all four quadrants. Any suggestions? Format Axis/ Scale -- David Biddulph "TuttiFlutieOboist" <TuttiFlutieOboist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:990E5838-01D1-45C8-80D1-65E40CF3DFEE@microsoft.com... > All of my values in my graph are negative, so my chart only shows the 3rd > quadrant, but I'd like to make my graph show all four quadrants. Any > suggestions? ...

default zoom
Is there a way to change the default zoom in Publisher? Mine is 37%. I would prefer it to be 75% by default. Default Zoom Add-in v1.0 http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/add-ins There is always F9. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "hj" <hj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B474FAD1-BAC2-4518-BAF3-4049A635ADE2@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to change the default zoom in Publisher? Mine is 37%. I would > prefer it to be 75% by default. > > Thanks, Mary. I think the download probably won't work for...