Default Data Form

I have a basic worksheet for which I like to use the default data entr
form.   In other words it benefits from using a form but is just no
worth a lot of custom form making.

However while I do have an auto_open macro that moves to the first ne
row in the range after all existing records,  and then ends o
ShowDataForm.  But the default form always opens on the first record i
the list.

Is there a simple way to make the default form open on the row of th
active cell, , instead of at the top of the list ?

Thanks.

Doug Lon

Maybe something like this:

Option Explicit
Sub auto_open()

    Dim nextRow As Long
    With Worksheets("sheet1")
        '.Select  'if you want to see the sheet???
        nextRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row + 1
        SendKeys "{DOWN " & nextRow - 2 & "}{TAB 3}"
        Application.DisplayAlerts = False
        .ShowDataForm
        Application.DisplayAlerts = True
    End With

End Sub

djlong3000 wrote:

> I have a basic worksheet for which I like to use the default data entry
> form.   In other words it benefits from using a form but is just not
> worth a lot of custom form making.
>
> However while I do have an auto_open macro that moves to the first new
> row in the range after all existing records,  and then ends on
> ShowDataForm.  But the default form always opens on the first record in
> the list.
>
> Is there a simple way to make the default form open on the row of the
> active cell, , instead of at the top of the list ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Doug Long
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)
1/1/2004 7:48:01 PM
I use the following to have a form open to the next blank field....
SendKeys "%w"
Hope this can help.
Rob

"djlong3000" <djlong3000.zd87m@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I have a basic worksheet for which I like to use the default data entry
> form.   In other words it benefits from using a form but is just not
> worth a lot of custom form making.
>
> However while I do have an auto_open macro that moves to the first new
> row in the range after all existing records,  and then ends on
> ShowDataForm.  But the default form always opens on the first record in
> the list.
>
> Is there a simple way to make the default form open on the row of the
> active cell, , instead of at the top of the list ?
>

> Thanks.
>
> Doug Long
>

> ---

robnobel (213)
1/1/2004 11:33:31 PM
And it's probably safer just sending one keystroke than many.

(I stole my code from an example to open on the active row.)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Thanks for the help.   I tried both of these suggestions and I still
can't get the form to open with anything other than the first record.

Now, on the other hand, I may not have used your suggestions exactly
correctly, too.  But I think I did.

Here is what I have as the auto open macro:

ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("Daily").Activate
Range("C2").Select
Selection.End(xlDown).Select
ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm

The sheet has a database of 15 columns, with a header row, and the
first two columns are dates and day of week.  So I go to C2 and select
down to the end of the rows that have records, and then down one more
row to the first empty line.

( This then is the point where I inserted the suggested SendKeys"%W",
in case that's not right.  I put it on the line before ShowDataForm.
)

When the data form appears, it ignores the active cell location and
just opens with the first record displaying in it.  (Row 2 of the
sheet)

Am I missing something here?   :confused:

Doug Long

---

Hi Doug,
I have it working like this in a Control Button and it works good for me.

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
SendKeys "%w"
Sheet10.ShowDataForm 'The sheet that has the data you want to apply the form
to.
End Sub

I can't quite understand why you're  needing to select the next empty cell
as the data form does that anyway.
I think I would just try...

SendKeys "%w"
Sheets("Daily").ShowDataForm
End Sub

Rob

"djlong3000 >" <<djlong3000.zlg5f@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Dave / Rob -
>
> Thanks for the help.   I tried both of these suggestions and I still
> can't get the form to open with anything other than the first record.
>
> Now, on the other hand, I may not have used your suggestions exactly
> correctly, too.  But I think I did.
>
> Here is what I have as the auto open macro:
>
> ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("Daily").Activate
> Range("C2").Select
> Selection.End(xlDown).Select
> ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Range("A1").Select
> ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm
>
> The sheet has a database of 15 columns, with a header row, and the
> first two columns are dates and day of week.  So I go to C2 and select
> down to the end of the rows that have records, and then down one more
> row to the first empty line.
>
> ( This then is the point where I inserted the suggested SendKeys"%W",
> in case that's not right.  I put it on the line before ShowDataForm.
> )
>
> When the data form appears, it ignores the active cell location and
> just opens with the first record displaying in it.  (Row 2 of the
> sheet)
>
> Am I missing something here?   :confused:
>
> Doug Long
>

> ---

robnobel1 (59)
1/6/2004 9:05:49 AM
[COLOR=purple]
Hi, Rob -

thanks again for response (BTW- any idea why I don't get email
notice that there is a response to this post?  The option is
checked, and I even subscribed to the thread ...  :confused: )

Anyway:  I tried both these new suggestions and still no joy.

But interestingly enough, you said:
rob nobel wrote:
> *...
> I can't quite understand why you're  needing to select the next empty
> cell as the data form does that anyway.
> *
That is my problem:  I _don't_ get  that responnse as the
normal form action.  No matter what I do the form opens up on
the first  record - the first row under the field headers.

If I run just your macro, for example, not even selecting moving to
a new row with the active cell,etc, it still opens up with the first
record in the form.

This is a daily report log.  The first colum is the date, second is
the weekday of that date, and then there are colums for the data
that is logged each day.  I want it to go to the first blank record
so the form is opened to the current date.

Also odd, is that there isn't even a shortcut key to go to the last
record in a list.  Ctrl PgUp takes you to the top, but Ctrl PgDn
gives you a new record.  (A new record is appended after the list
I am working in, which has the dates of all 365 days in Col 1)

And BTW, this is the "default data form" not a custom one.  Hope
we're on the same page there.  Anyway, I'm stumped!
[/COLOR]

---

Rob's code worked ok for me, if excel could determine which row had headers.

If it stopped and yelled and said "...can't determine column Labels....", then
the sendkeys was eaten up.

Option Explicit
Sub testme01()
    SendKeys "%w"
    Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    With Worksheets("sheet1")
        .Range("a1").CurrentRegion.Name = "database"
        .ShowDataForm
    End With
    Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End Sub

Another problem that could occur is where excel looks for your data to use in
the data|form.

If there's not a range called Database or the table doesn't start in A1:B2, then
the macro will fail.

Here's an article that explains how the problem occurs in VBA (with solution)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q110462
XL: ShowDataForm Method Fails If Data Can't Be Found

Did any of this help?

"djlong3000 <" wrote:

> [COLOR=purple]
> Hi, Rob -
>
> thanks again for response (BTW- any idea why I don't get email
> notice that there is a response to this post?  The option is
> checked, and I even subscribed to the thread ...  :confused: )
>
> Anyway:  I tried both these new suggestions and still no joy.
>
> But interestingly enough, you said:
> rob nobel wrote:
> > *...
> > I can't quite understand why you're  needing to select the next empty
> > cell as the data form does that anyway.
> > *
> That is my problem:  I _don't_ get  that responnse as the
> normal form action.  No matter what I do the form opens up on
> the first  record - the first row under the field headers.
>
> If I run just your macro, for example, not even selecting moving to
> a new row with the active cell,etc, it still opens up with the first
> record in the form.
>
> This is a daily report log.  The first colum is the date, second is
> the weekday of that date, and then there are colums for the data
> that is logged each day.  I want it to go to the first blank record
> so the form is opened to the current date.
>
> Also odd, is that there isn't even a shortcut key to go to the last
> record in a list.  Ctrl PgUp takes you to the top, but Ctrl PgDn
> gives you a new record.  (A new record is appended after the list
> I am working in, which has the dates of all 365 days in Col 1)
>
> And BTW, this is the "default data form" not a custom one.  Hope
> we're on the same page there.  Anyway, I'm stumped!
> [/COLOR]
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)
1/7/2004 12:04:28 AM
Fraid this is getting out of my league now, Doug.  But I'm sure Dave will be
able to help you further.
Rob

0
robnobel1 (59)
1/7/2004 1:59:44 AM
hahaha.  Good one.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Once again thanks loads for the help.

Dave:  yes I ran into that "-What- data range do you want a
a form for, bub?" message, myself.  But only if the active cell was
not in close enough proximimty to the list for Excel to be able to
guess.  My original macro was avoiding that by landing just one
row below the last record.

Anyway:  Yesterday I left Rob's SendKeys in the autoopen macro
by accident, and when I opened it this AM, sure enough I had a
blank form.  However, it was appending records _below_  the
whole range that comprises my list.

Hmmm.

Playing around with it, this is what I found:

My sheet had a first column with each date from 1 jan to 31 Dec
in it.  The second colum was a formula to show the weekday of
the date to the left.  Then the next bunch of colums was where
the daily log data went.

I set it up this way (with a line for each date) because I thought it
was needed in order to maintain the formula in the second column
For some reason, with the sheet set up that way, the form would
always open up with the first record of the list in it, as I said i
the
last post - even with the SendKeys in it, when I stepped through
it in the VB editor.

But today, it decided to open a completely blank form several
rows under the existing list. (!?)   So I deleted the blank rows and
closed and opened the book.  It now opened under the last row
of the list -but it showed the sedond field (column B) with no
space to  enter data - and when I appended the new record the
formula was copied down from the record above! -

So, I deleted all the rows with the pre-entered dates in Column A
and now it works prefectly:  the form opens up with a blank, new
record, but my formula copies forward.

Still no idea why it consistently opened up on the first record and
not a new record form before, but that's a different balrog in the
woodpile.

Thanks again for your help.  Turns out you had it right all along,
Rob.  I just had to help Excel append to an existing list, and
_not_ help it figure out I wanted that formula in each record
by pre-installing the formulas in column B.  It's a pretty smart
program, eh?

[now, as a parting request:
I still can't seem to get email noticed that there are new posts on
this thread - even with that option set to on and even with sub
scribing to the thread.  In fact, when I went to the User CP, it said
"no new posts to the thread" though you had both posted to it.
Sure would like to know what's up with that.]

But, even if I have to manually check in daily to look for any new
posts, it well worth the effort.  You guys are terrific.

Thanks again

I've had trouble when excel couldn't figure out which row held the headers for
each column.  Sometimes just bolding that row will enable excel to find the
correct row.

And I could confuse excel with formulas that evaluated to "" and converted to
values.

I've never used excelforum.com to post messages.  I think you'll have to ask
that at the site (or is that what User CP is??)

If you're going to hang around here for any time, you may want to connect
directly to the MS NewsServers.  I find them updated quicker (and easier to
use).

If you have Outlook Express installed, try clicking on these links (or copy and
paste into MSIE).

(You can always connect to more later)

Here are some links that explain it better:

Chip Pearson has some notes written by Leonard Meads at:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DirectConnect.htm

David McRitchie's notes at:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xlnews.htm
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/oe6.htm
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/oe6nws01.htm

Tushar Mehta's notes at:
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/misc_tutorials/oe_ng/index.htm

And if you're looking for old posts:

Or you can use google (maybe a few hours behind) to search for stuff you've
posted (and find the replies, too)

http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*Excel*&num=100

Ron de Bruin has an excel addin that you may like:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm

"djlong3000 <" wrote:

> Hi guys -
>
> Once again thanks loads for the help.
>
> Dave:  yes I ran into that "-What- data range do you want a
> a form for, bub?" message, myself.  But only if the active cell was
> not in close enough proximimty to the list for Excel to be able to
> guess.  My original macro was avoiding that by landing just one
> row below the last record.
>
> Anyway:  Yesterday I left Rob's SendKeys in the autoopen macro
> by accident, and when I opened it this AM, sure enough I had a
> blank form.  However, it was appending records _below_  the
> whole range that comprises my list.
>
> Hmmm.
>
> Playing around with it, this is what I found:
>
> My sheet had a first column with each date from 1 jan to 31 Dec
> in it.  The second colum was a formula to show the weekday of
> the date to the left.  Then the next bunch of colums was where
> the daily log data went.
>
> I set it up this way (with a line for each date) because I thought it
> was needed in order to maintain the formula in the second column
> For some reason, with the sheet set up that way, the form would
> always open up with the first record of the list in it, as I said in
> the
> last post - even with the SendKeys in it, when I stepped through
> it in the VB editor.
>
> But today, it decided to open a completely blank form several
> rows under the existing list. (!?)   So I deleted the blank rows and
> closed and opened the book.  It now opened under the last row
> of the list -but it showed the sedond field (column B) with no
> space to  enter data - and when I appended the new record the
> formula was copied down from the record above! -
>
> So, I deleted all the rows with the pre-entered dates in Column A
> and now it works prefectly:  the form opens up with a blank, new
> record, but my formula copies forward.
>
> Still no idea why it consistently opened up on the first record and
> not a new record form before, but that's a different balrog in the
> woodpile.
>
> Thanks again for your help.  Turns out you had it right all along,
> Rob.  I just had to help Excel append to an existing list, and
> _not_ help it figure out I wanted that formula in each record
> by pre-installing the formulas in column B.  It's a pretty smart
> program, eh?
>
> [now, as a parting request:
> I still can't seem to get email noticed that there are new posts on
> this thread - even with that option set to on and even with sub
> scribing to the thread.  In fact, when I went to the User CP, it said
> "no new posts to the thread" though you had both posted to it.
> Sure would like to know what's up with that.]
>
> But, even if I have to manually check in daily to look for any new
> posts, it well worth the effort.  You guys are terrific.
>
> Thanks again!
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)
1/8/2004 12:11:37 AM
Yes, I like it's "simplicity" in operation as long as you don't confuse it.
I'm glad its doing its thing for you.
I've found too, that fiddling with VBA procedures and/or formulas that
sometimes you need to shut and reopen Excel down completely for the changes
to be incorporated correctly.  Don't ask me why!
I think, (as Dave has pointed out to me), is that Excel has a memory and
even though it's bigger than ours it can also get confused  ;)

Rob

"djlong3000 >" <<djlong3000.zobc0@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi guys -
>
> Once again thanks loads for the help.
>
> Dave:  yes I ran into that "-What- data range do you want a
> a form for, bub?" message, myself.  But only if the active cell was
> not in close enough proximimty to the list for Excel to be able to
> guess.  My original macro was avoiding that by landing just one
> row below the last record.
>
> Anyway:  Yesterday I left Rob's SendKeys in the autoopen macro
> by accident, and when I opened it this AM, sure enough I had a
> blank form.  However, it was appending records _below_  the
> whole range that comprises my list.
>
> Hmmm.
>
> Playing around with it, this is what I found:
>
> My sheet had a first column with each date from 1 jan to 31 Dec
> in it.  The second colum was a formula to show the weekday of
> the date to the left.  Then the next bunch of colums was where
> the daily log data went.
>
> I set it up this way (with a line for each date) because I thought it
> was needed in order to maintain the formula in the second column
> For some reason, with the sheet set up that way, the form would
> always open up with the first record of the list in it, as I said in
> the
> last post - even with the SendKeys in it, when I stepped through
> it in the VB editor.
>
> But today, it decided to open a completely blank form several
> rows under the existing list. (!?)   So I deleted the blank rows and
> closed and opened the book.  It now opened under the last row
> of the list -but it showed the sedond field (column B) with no
> space to  enter data - and when I appended the new record the
> formula was copied down from the record above! -
>
> So, I deleted all the rows with the pre-entered dates in Column A
> and now it works prefectly:  the form opens up with a blank, new
> record, but my formula copies forward.
>
> Still no idea why it consistently opened up on the first record and
> not a new record form before, but that's a different balrog in the
> woodpile.
>
> Thanks again for your help.  Turns out you had it right all along,
> Rob.  I just had to help Excel append to an existing list, and
> _not_ help it figure out I wanted that formula in each record
> by pre-installing the formulas in column B.  It's a pretty smart
> program, eh?
>
> [now, as a parting request:
> I still can't seem to get email noticed that there are new posts on
> this thread - even with that option set to on and even with sub
> scribing to the thread.  In fact, when I went to the User CP, it said
> "no new posts to the thread" though you had both posted to it.
> Sure would like to know what's up with that.]
>
> But, even if I have to manually check in daily to look for any new
> posts, it well worth the effort.  You guys are terrific.
>
> Thanks again!
>

> ---

robnobel1 (59)

how to persist pivot chart data
I have two worksheets: one sheet to do scratch work, and one to contain the final product. I do the following: 1. Make a filter selection on the scratch sheet and copy the resulting pivot table and pivot chart to the final sheet. 2. Make another filter selection on the scratch seet and copy the resulting pivot table and pivot chart to the final sheet. ( I actually do many iterations of this.) Unfortunately, when I make another filter selection in the pivot table on the scratch sheet and copy the table to the final sheet, the first pivot chart on the final sheet reflects the results...

Sort data by formatting
Is there any way to sort rows of data depending on their background color? Like I have around 1000 mixed up rows of 5 colors (e.g. yellow, red, green, violet, blue), and they are arranged in no specific order i.e first 2 yellow rows, then 1 red, 4 blue, then again 3 yellow, and 3 blue ...so on. I just want to arrange them in block of Colors like All Blue Rows, All Yellow Rows etc. Could it arrange using VBA or Excel? Hi check out http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm for some ideas Cheers JulieD "Murtaza" <NoEmail@NoEmail> wrote in message news:OVD5bWWKFHA.147...

Collecting Data via Email (InfoPath error)
I used the "Collecting Data via email" feature in Access 2007 and chose the InfoPath option. The first time I opened the form in Outlook, it worked fine. Then I went back to Access to tweak the table a little bit and used the "Collecting Data via email" feature again. This time when I tried to open the form in Outlook I received the following error: "InfoPath cannot create a new, blank form. InfoPath cannot open the form. To fix this problem, contact your system administrator." I then clicked on the show details: "InfoPath cannot open t...

Hello How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange 2007? Thanks! Look up: New-RecipientDomain Get-EMailAddressPolicy New-EMailAddressPolicy Set-EMailAddressPolicy -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Ronald" <2omikk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uOf%23x$$nKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello > > How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange > 2007? > > Thanks! > We have a dedicated group for SBS...

Data Validation Lookup List from Another File
Hi, Without duplicating the cell contents in the current spreadsheet (call it Template), is there anyway to have a dropdown list of items (starting in cell T38 and going down to T45) from another file ([Price_List.xls]License_Only!C2 to C whatever row which will change). Then, when the item is selected from the list in T38, lookup the cell to the left in row D of Price_List.xls and put it in S38. The reason I don't want to duplicate the cell contents in the current spreadsheet is because the file will be way too large to deal with. I hope that explains it well enough Thanks for any he...

HELP- Copy a Data Series to Other Graphs? #3
Hi- I'm using Excel 2002 and I've got a lot of XY (Scatter) graphs. When I add a new data series to one graph, it is defined by 3 values (Name, X Value and Y Value) If I want to add this data series to 7 or 8 add'l graphs, I know that I can copy/paste these 3 values to each of them. Is there a simpler way to accomplish this? thnx ...

workplace default pane default tab
Hi, Strange as it may seem, some users cannot find "Default tab" and "Default pane" to customize in the General tab of the Workplace (either in Client or Web Access). Even those who already used it, do no find it anymore. How can this be achieved (customization / programming)? Thanks a lot. ...

Input data
I have a spreadsheet that will require the end user to enter data in certain cells. How can I setup the spreadsheet so that the user cannot close the sheet until they have entered the data? Thank you in advance. You can use this in the BeforeClose event in the thisworkbook module Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA(Sheets("Sheet1") _ .Range("A1:a10")) < 10 Then MsgBox "You must fill in all the cells" Cancel = True End If End Sub -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-...

Form defaults
Hi, I have a button on a form that disables and rearranges controls. I think I went into design view it it pressed and that control arrangement became the default. I cannot change it back though. I tried clicking the button twice and everything goes back to how it should be in form view. Then when I go to design mode everything goes to the wrong defaults. I hope that makes sense. Thanks for your help. ...

help with entering data into Investment Accounts
Hello, I'm quite confused on how I should enter data into my Investment Account (a mutual fund account). Suppose I start from the beginning: I put $5000 into the account and buy some FundA and FundB. What kind of transaction are these, are they "buy" or "add shares"? Secondly, if I later transfer/switch from one fund to the other, are they "sell... buy" or "remove shares... add shares". (There isn't a "switch" transaction type). Finally, if I sell some funds and transfer the money out of the fund account, how do I do this? Use t...

Column format when merging Excel data to Word labels
I have a four column Excel spreadsheet which I have Mail Merged into Word to create labels. One of the columns in Excel contains a list of four digit numbers. Some of those numbers begin with a zero. When I have merged the data into Word labels, the four digit numbers starting with a zero have the zero missing. I have tried all sorts of number formats in Excel but can't get the zeros to stay there when merged to Word. Can anyone help???? I'm using Office 2003. There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Wo...

Default Catagory
Is ther a way in Outlook 2002 and 2003 to set a default catagory to all new Calendar items when they are created i.e. "Work" and then add any others you require? Also can you add a catogory to all the existing items in the calendar again "Work" in one go without destorying any existing catogories? Thanks Shane ...

Aggregating data for a chart
Hello. I wonder if someone can help me. I want to create a bar chart for a stock but the raw data I have is "price" and "time" and I need to aggregate that into high, low close format. The high and low seems simple enough - I created a pivot table and used min and max for each time interval. The part I'm having trouble with is getting the "close" (which is the last price in any given time interval) number for each time interval. It seems like the solution is on the tip of my tongue but I can't seem to get it out. Any help is most appreciated! ...

How to retrive/store data in UTF-16 format
Hi all , I am getting some problem related to storing & retriving UTF-16 data. Actually i have a data in uncode character & i want to use that in my program in VC. I am considering that the data is in UTF-16.& in that format i want to store. Thanks, Sajal The question is ill-formed. "I am getting some problems" is not a meaningful description. Unless we know *what;* these "problems" are, there is no hope of answering your question. The problems will arise once you go above character value 65535, where you now have to use "surrogates". Surrogates ...

Change default outlook calendar
I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. How? David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. > > I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete > because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and > replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. > How? Create a new PST and set it to be your default delivery locat...

Fixed Assets
Hi all, Doesn't Fixed Asset Management have a solution for printing the information for the Form 4562 and Form 4797 right from the FA system? Other packages offer this to print or output in PDF directly from the Fixed Asset system. Is there any third-parties out there that offer a add-on solution? Thanks, ...

data table problem
I have created a data table that looks like something below and th column input cell links to a cell with 8.25% *1,183.57 91,042.82* 7.50% 1,183.57 91,042.82 8.25% 1,183.57 91,042.82 8.00% 1,183.57 91,042.82 ... As you can see the table is the same and this is wrong. I have don this over and over again with the same result. Can someone tell me wha I did wrong. The colums below the bold heading should be different t the headings and I dont know what I did wrong thanks for your help Trixma -- trixm ---------------------------------------------------------...

Change default font and size for comments?
Does anyone know how to do the above? Many thanks Anita Hi Anita! Right-click on the desktop > Properties Appearance tab > Item dropdown, select Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK You'll see that you can change the font and colour as well. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au To change the default font size (this will also change the settings for tooltips in Excel and other programs): Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font ...

Footer defaults
I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them the default? -- Joe S. Hi create a new workbook with this footer and save this as a template (*.xlt file) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Joe S." <JoeS@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4D12465C-3586-4F79-A000-19AB582C456C@microsoft.com... > I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those > footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them th...

Default organization not default
Hey, I changed my default organization of CRM. However when opening the default server URL. Still the old default organization is opened. Resetting IIS, clearing the Internet Explorer cache en even rebooting the server does not help. Does someone have more ideas?? Thx. Mirella try to disable the other organization and keep the only one . access it with default and post us if you get the error. ------ Aamir http://danishmscrm.blogspot.com/ I disabled all the organizations except the one I that needs to be de default. Opening CRM with the default URL the following error is displa...

email default
I set up my outlook as my email default (the same as in outlook 2000). The difference in 2007 is that whenever I sign on to outlook, it totally empties my aol mail box. With 2000, I got my mail but it also stayed in aol. How can I change this? Change the Advanced tab on your Account Properties to leave the messages on the server. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "Fran" <Fran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Convert Data to columns heading
Example: Product | Date | Sales ----------------------- A | Jan94 | 200 A | Feb94 | 300 A | Mar94 | 400 A | Apr94 | 500 A | May94 | 600 A | Jun94 | 700 A | Jul94 | 800 A | Aug94 | 200 A | Sep94 | 300 A | Oct94 | 400 A | Nov94 | 500 A | Dec94 | 600 B | Jan94 | 200 B | Feb94 | 300 B | Mar94 | 400 B | Apr94 | 500 B | May94 | 600 B | Jun94 | 700 B | Jul94 | 800 B | Aug94 | 200 B | Sep94 | 300 B | Oct94 | 400 B | Nov94 | 500 B | Dec94 | 600 How can I convert it to: Product | Jan94 | Feb94 | Mar94 | Apr94 | May94| Jun94 | Jul94...... ----------------------------------------------------------------...

Access asking for extra data in reports.
I have a report which keeps prompting me to enter data which used to be in the report but I have since deleted....how can I get it to stop asking me for this data? There could be a filter set in the properties of the report. Check to see if no filter is set. Furthermore you can have some calculated fields or referring fields to non-existing fields (so check the fields on your report to see if there are any refs) Finally if you have any subtotals done with the previous data see if the total fields are deleted... Just my thoughts... hth -- Maurice Ausum "Amanda" wrote: &g...

Resize 2 Forms at Once Like HTML Frames
I'm envisioning an application with 2 forms filling up the screen, one on top of the other. The user could drag in the middle to resize both simultaneously just as you would a website with 2 frames. How can I do this? -- Thanks for helping. Paul C Put code in the Resize events of both forms, referring to each other. If the Width of FormA decreases by a certain amount, increase the Width of FormB and so on. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) <pcross29@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1193091694.809588.65440@y27g2000pre.googlegro...

export data between spreadsheets
Hello, how do I setup an excel file that each time when I enter data in one spreadsheet it will export to another excel file in the same column of subsequent rows? Example: if each time data enter in one spreadsheet column A of row 1 it will export this data to another spreadsheet column B of row 1,2,3... and so on. Thanks. Scott Hi scott See http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy1.htm See the last example on the page -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "scott" <scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08B9...